• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

drotahorror

Not sure where to post this so I'll do it here:

Started playing Jetpack Fighter to gethe Nem skin. After I linked my hirez account to the game you're supposed to get the god free as well. When I logged in on my PC she was still locked for me.

Anyone have any issue like this?

Have to do more than just link it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/40041m/how_to_get_leona_skin_for_nemesis/
So like many of you, when i saw the Leona skin for Nem i was in love. However, HiRez hasnt been very clear on how exactly to aquire this skin. well i finally figured it out after grinding out 48 levels of there new IOS Game called Jetpack Fighters. when you beat level 48 you will complete an achievement that rewards you with 10 tokens for the character Leona. You must also have at least 5k gold coins to purchase her as well. after you purchase here you now need to check your mailbox! You should have a letter with a code inside that you redeem in smite and TADA!

Patch notes here: http://www.smitegame.com/pts-patch-notes-victory-lap-3-3/

Nice Thanatos skin:

Thanatos_Mech_Card.jpg

drotahorror

I love using her though :(

Maybe you've played her more but I've played over 100 games with her, and I like playing as her as well. In fact I just played a game with her today. I could have played someone else and ended that game 10 min earlier but the fact that I was playing Nemesis and had 2 useless teammates the game lasted longer than anticipated (was actually in a rush).

Happy to get a win with her though, they are rare. Luckily my buddy has been owning with Ao. Nemesis is so bad she's the only god I run ninja tabi on. And ninja tabi blows. I had to get magi's because Anubis was 100-0'ing me in a taunt from athena or his stun. If I didn't need magi I would have built frostbound hammer.

On patch notes - Nerf to breastplate sucks but w/e. 200g big deal. Nerf to Ama's 2 is dumb, she's just too fast that's the problem. I remember when Bellona had a passive that provided similar movement speed and you had to stack it by attacking shit and they nerfed the hell out of that. Ama's just gets a constant one for herself and the team, its busted. Not to mention her ult is insane. Shouldn't nerf her clunky ass 2. Bulwark is broken and needed nerfed. We'll see though, mages hit hard af.

Buff-ish on Ullr was cool and more quality of life than anything. They should focus on buffing shitters like Nemesis and Rata. I guess I'm biased because those are 2 of my fav assassins though.

Nyx

Rented Anubis and Nox over the weekend, the first one is definitely my style, the second one seems a lot harder to play.

Really loving the postgame animations btw, some funny stuff.

drotahorror

I just came across the most insane bug or hack that I've ever seen in Smite. The people were saying it's a bug but I honestly don't know. I'm working on some video editing shit so I'll post it in a bit.

Like, this person was using abilities that aren't even part of ANY God's skill set.

It's too bad I didn't get more footage. I had to reset my password for fraps mid match, log into ISP email, install it, set it up all mid match.

Yep, I'm bad too w/e.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKK-lXsrNPs

I've never seen anything like this, they said it was a bug in the lobby afterward.

They seemed to have skills from multiple gods, rama's dash, freya's woop, vulcans meatball.

They also seem to be the size of Cupid based off the icon for the red buff they had.

Did they use more than 4 different skills? If so I'd say it was an exploit since I doubt a bug would give you more than the standard 4 skills. If they only ever used 4 I could see it maybe being a bug where the game couldn't make sense of who they were supposed to be and just mashed some together.

The lack of a cd on the meatball is suspicious also.

drotahorror

Edited my post, he posted his viewpoint, whole game. He had 4 skills, freya banish on his 1 and his ult was augmented or different which he could spam the bombs. Not sure if his other abilities were different.

Oops, edited the post

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D_saA2kT_w

The way he has no model would probably be quite disconcerting especially when you're trying to dodge the other team's abilities.

Also when he backs the icon that appears on the floor is floating, maybe he sometimes considered banished?

I think that normal sort of dll injection hacks exist for smite. Although to hack to smite with aimbots or trigger bots is even sadder than people who do it for fps. Why, this game is plenty easy enough already. But not heard of people flying or changing god kits.

But be careful with sharing that footage. Report hacks or exploits directly to hi-rez. If they see you sharing or publicly discussing them with your account name visible they can ban you. You should edit now since we have had hi-rez employees here.

So I tried something new and built Transcendence on Sun Wukong. That was a bad idea.

In general, I feel like support gods really got shafted (again) this season. If I don't build full tank then I'm squishy as fuck, even on a tanky god.

That's obviously the new god, MISSINGNO.

TaTdV.gif

In general, I feel like support gods really got shafted (again) this season. If I don't build full tank then I'm squishy as fuck, even on a tanky god.

You also kind of need to build for yourself. Heartward and Sov are not great pickups anymore (outside of assault) because they give little protection, you can better elsewhere.

This means either you're not giving your team any good auras but can tank or you are giving good auras but are a bit squishy.

Sov still actually gives better value as pure physical protection than anything. People would just rather pickup BP of valor instead of it because they have to get their cooldown from something. But the lack of health just makes it a really poor defensive item compared to sov. But if I was someone building midgardian or mystical I'd think that they just don't read item descriptions and use old builds.

You also kind of need to build for yourself. Heartward and Sov are not great pickups anymore (outside of assault) because they give little protection, you can better elsewhere.

This means either you're not giving your team any good auras but can tank or you are giving good auras but are a bit squishy.
I played an Assault against you earlier! It was awful. I got stuck as Kali in a game where you guys had all the poke in the world.

I played an Assault against you earlier! It was awful. I got stuck as Kali in a game where you guys had all the poke in the world.

You had the better team comp though, one of each class. Also none of you bought beads, I'm not sure why. It made my ult very effective (your He Bo got blink, I think it got him a kill or two but I personally don't like the pick up).

I was also with you in the previous game, you were Sobek and I was Herc, I'm not a very good Herc though.

You had the better team comp though, one of each class. Also none of you bought beads, I'm not sure why. It made my ult very effective (your He Bo got blink, I think it got him a kill or two but I personally don't like the pick up).

I was also with you in the previous game, you were Sobek and I was Herc, I'm not a very good Herc though.
Ohh didn't notice you in that game. I never look at who's in my games, but saw your name pop when you got a kill. Yeah that game as Kali was rough, I could never get in because neither Kumbha or Tyr got blink or would bait anything.

I did play like crap though.

My Herc is godlike.
invoker-gdlk.gif
I always like a good Herc. He's a gigantic nuisance (and a threat).

forms

I have played this a lot on PC, but to my surprise I found myself liking it on PS4. I never would have guessed that I would have thought it worked with a controller.

Drota, that bugged god you say was infact the new god having slipped through partially. You can use them in jungle practice on pc now. Incon has a video on it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Az6LfAuJk

Aoe crits, self and enemy banish, leap and a jump. Th ability to turn your leap into a jump though is interesting.

Edit: The aoe heals are crazy, probably more sustain than Chiron...

IronLich

Hi there. I started playing this game with PS4 release. I'm running support, and I just wanted good advice on where to throw wards at on the Conquest map. I'm just tossing them every which way in the duo lane I'm in. If people could give me a good idea of where wards could go to be more beneficial to the team, especially the carry and jungler, it would help me be a little more logical on where I toss them.

Thanks a bunch. Really liking this game now that I'm giving Conquest a serious try.

Hi there. I started playing this game with PS4 release. I'm running support, and I just wanted good advice on where to throw wards at on the Conquest map. I'm just tossing them every which way in the duo lane I'm in. If people could give me a good idea of where wards could go to be more beneficial to the team, especially the carry and jungler, it would help me be a little more logical on where I toss them.

Thanks a bunch. Really liking this game now that I'm giving Conquest a serious try.

You've got 2 entrances to the side of duo lane. Warding those entrances is a good thing early game. If you only want to ward one of them then it generally depends on how much push your lane is getting.
Are you pushing them under their tower? Ward the entrance on their end. Are you getting pushed under your tower? Ward the entrance closer to your end. This is generally based on what the lane match ups are.

Warding the gold fury is also a good idea so that you can see if the enemy is trying to sneak one past you. You won't need to put one here for the first 5 mins or so, you will have to take a look at their team comp and make a decision based on when you think they can take it.
When warding here is is best to use a sentry ward, then you can counter ward them if they also have wards there. Not only will this help to reduce their vision but will also give you 50g if you're the one who destroys the ward. Extra gold is always a good thing for a support.
Also place the ward under the gold fury's feet, that way the enemy have to pull the gold fury if they want to clear it and will take a little bit of extra poke. Not a huge thing but any way you can inconvenience them is a good thing.

The other main place to ward for support is around the entrances to mid lane. You don't have to worry about the side closer to the fire giant, that's mid and jungle's responsibility. The entrance closer to your base can help to keep your mid laner safe while the other side allows you to be a bit aggressive. Your call.

You can also ward in the enemy teams jungle, mainly on top of their red buff. If you do this before the game starts it can tell you what kind of start they are going for, possibly giving you a heads up on an invade they might be planing. It can also help you keep track of their red buff timer so you can try to steal it if you're feeling confident. This ward isn't as important as the duo lane and gf wards though.

Dezere

Neo Member
I'm fighting the urge to buy Reaper Tech to save for the Season 3 ticket, as a Ra main, that new skin looks Awesome

Some of these training quests are decent, got one to master a god for 100 gems. Had Raijin at 49 worshipers so mastered him for the reward.

Hopefully that one comes around again soon and works with getting a god to a new mastery level and not just the first level.

drotahorror

Did you try gaining a mastery on a mastered god before Raijin?

Also, I think the quests are one time only. I skipped one of the quests and it gave me a warning before hand that I'll never get that quest again. Maybe they changed something though.

Did you try gaining a mastery on a mastered god before Raijin?

Also, I think the quests are one time only. I skipped one of the quests and it gave me a warning before hand that I'll never get that quest again. Maybe they changed something though.

I didn't try that, probably should have.

One of my quests told me that but others that I skipped didn't so I have no idea. I haven't received anymore quests though, guess we'll see if they reset on Tuesday with the weekly quests.

gogosox82

I just don't feel tanky enough in season 3 when I'm playing supports. I played a game where I have over 200 protections and 3k health as Ymir and I still got shredded by a Zeus. Its just not fun honestly.

drotahorror

Have to play a lot more passive early game now that's for sure. And late game certain mages can destroy tanks. I honestly don't know what to tell you as I noticed the same thing when I would play guardians. Just get dumped on the whole game. Of course if your team doesn't help you and CC / do damage then you'll get rocked even harder.

The only tanky type character that I've played this season and had lots of success with is Guan Yu. I feel like Guan is OP.

Bacchus is still good. he gets the protections from his items like other tanks but good use of his 1 makes him unkillable in some situations.

On top of that he does good damage late game, he's still a good pick. Not sure how he racks up in conquest but Incon did just play him in one of his relegation matches.

Korosenai

I just don't feel tanky enough in season 3 when I'm playing supports. I played a game where I have over 200 protections and 3k health as Ymir and I still got shredded by a Zeus. Its just not fun honestly.
Yeah that's why I'm not enjoying support anymore in season 3. It's all about the Warriors now.

gogosox82

Have to play a lot more passive early game now that's for sure. And late game certain mages can destroy tanks. I honestly don't know what to tell you as I noticed the same thing when I would play guardians. Just get dumped on the whole game. Of course if your team doesn't help you and CC / do damage then you'll get rocked even harder.

The only tanky type character that I've played this season and had lots of success with is Guan Yu. I feel like Guan is OP.

Yep Guan feels really strong. His 3 really shreds people now I've found. And you don't really need to build damage with him either. I understand that this is a response to how strong tanks were at the end of season 2 but I feel so squishy as a support that its unfun to play them.

Bacchus is still good. he gets the protections from his items like other tanks but good use of his 1 makes him unkillable in some situations.

On top of that he does good damage late game, he's still a good pick. Not sure how he racks up in conquest but Incon did just play him in one of his relegation matches.

Haven't played Bacchus in a while. I usually only play Ymir or Athena when I play support or sometimes I'll play Guan as a support. I'll give him a shot.

Yeah that's why I'm not enjoying support anymore in season 3. It's all about the Warriors now.

Yeah warriors are dominating right now.

gogosox82

Warrior meta was my favorite meta.

Let's hope Hi-Rez doesn't do what they did last time when warriors were really strong and nerf all the warriors and their items. They just need to make support items better. The game is balanced around conquest and I don't think that supports were dominating. It was only when supports went either damage or bruiser is when the complaining started so it never made sense to nerf all the support items since if you were going damage, you probably wouldn't be buying any support items.

patchday

wow this game is really harsh. Got slapped with a 30 min deserter penalty after I lost power in my house. That's just ridiculous. I tried to reconnect as soon as power came back up but my PC is slow as crap to reboot. luckily I didnt have a windows 10 update pending it wouldve taken even longer to reboot.

We were winning the match too. I feel like life decided to take a shat on me

In Arena it's all about the burst mages now. The nerf to defense items makes it really hard to survive if the enemy mages work together. I got absolutely dominated by a Raijin + He Bo team the other day. I was playing Medusa and I couldn't even get near the enemy team without losing 75% or more of my hp. Shit was brutal.

Top Bottom