• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

As someone who exclusively/extensively plays Smite on Xbox One, I'm pretty excited to try it out on my PS4. Any word if ranks/unlocks transfer between platforms?

Blind pick assault is annoying the hell out of me. At least with random pick you have a bad comp because of randomness and people have an excuse for not knowing how to team fight. This mode they make terrible picks by choices and think they are good. They play like they don't care about the team or don't know how to team fight then start talking trash when things go badly.

I've heard that many people play only conquest and have no idea how to draft or play team fights. I now believe it.

So the first few rewards from the upcoming season ticket have been seen:

HdDipRj.jpg
The Ra and Rama skin we already knew about. That avatar seems to be an egg which could be saying that the chocolate Chaac skin will also be a later reward.

Last night I played for the first time since the big update. I played Nemesis with the Leona JPF skin + I bought the voice pack for 50% off so that was cool (her VVGT is funny). Having all my item/skill builds wiped was a bummer. I just used the "popular items" tab. Anyway, my favorite change was the free actives. As someone who loves to go pew pew and see big damage numbers, I have ignored actives/defense items far too many times. So getting them for free is a nice change for me. I had a Raijin on my team and played against one, and holy cow he seems strong. That ult is really nasty.

Aren't you a laugh spammer?
Shhhhh. Though I just discovered you can taunt/laugh spam on consoles too! (I got PS4 access today).

Game runs ok, probably runs exactly the same as the X1 version. Load times are fine though. Seems like it's Amaterasu patch. :\ Which patch is Xbox on?

gogosox82

Played a couple of games on ps4. Plays pretty good. I did get d/c'ed a couple of times though in arena. I'm still getting used to the UI and playing with a controller though so I struggled a little figuring out what everything does. Looks like they don't have the latest patch as Ama is the last new god in the game and they don't seem to have the s3 patch with all the new items and relics.Feels strange being able to buy beads after getting used to the new relics. Anyone know how long this will be running?

XenoRaven

Had a few hiccups on PS4. One game freeze when trying to check the ability menu in game, and a few very short but pretty drastic framerate drops that lost me a couple kills because my camera would stop moving then suddenly lurch past where I was trying to aim. Other than that it's been running great!

Got both Sol achieves in one game without trying. Woo.

Also played Serqet for only the second time, and liked her far more than the first time. Helped I had a friend online telling me how to build. I like her mobility.

gogosox82

Had a few hiccups on PS4. One game freeze when trying to check the ability menu in game, and a few very short but pretty drastic framerate drops that lost me a couple kills because my camera would stop moving then suddenly lurch past where I was trying to aim. Other than that it's been running great!

This happened to me as well. Game would be chugging and then zoom up instantly. Blew my Ne Zha ult twice because of it. I decided to call it a night after than happened lol.

I played a little more Smite this weekend. Bought the Medusa voice pack solely because of her VVGF "There will be no fun!" line.

What are the cookie cutter builds for mages and hunters these days? I really need to set up new item and skill builds for my gods.

Btw Arachne is strong af now.

Indignate

I literally gather nothing about her that is interesting from a head model and the relation to this game but I agree the hair is dope.

patchday

Oh thanks. I only purchased one skin with favor and it was a Gold one for Sol. Been wanting to get a gold for Kali and the Diamond for Bellonia (but L10 sounds impossible for me right now. Too many other gods I need to get to L1)

patchday

Oh you can get card art after you master the God as well. Crazy

Played a couple of games on ps4. Plays pretty good. I did get d/c'ed a couple of times though in arena. I'm still getting used to the UI and playing with a controller though so I struggled a little figuring out what everything does. Looks like they don't have the latest patch as Ama is the last new god in the game and they don't seem to have the s3 patch with all the new items and relics.Feels strange being able to buy beads after getting used to the new relics. Anyone know how long this will be running?

I tried to sign up for ps4 alpha too

patchday

Hm, I might not worry bout ps4 version. I wanted to try it once or twice but I'd for sure bounce after that (cause I like PC ver)

drotahorror

You would bounce after a game or two unless you're a masochist. 30fps, garbo controls, dozens of missing VGS commands, behind in patches, the list could probably go on.

I just really can't get over the 30fps part.

VariantX

Ok, so im playing Smite on PS4, and really ANY moba for the first time and I'm playing as neith. I'm pretty sure I'm playing her horribly wrong as I almost get no kills on my end but tons of assists on my end. Any basic tips I can get started with?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
That Sol mastery Skin totally reminds me of Angelina Jolie's character introduction in the Beowulf movie.

Ok, so im playing Smite on PS4, and really ANY moba for the first time and I'm playing as neith. I'm pretty sure I'm playing her horribly wrong as I almost get no kills on my end but tons of assists on my end. Any basic tips I can get started with?

Her weaves power up everything, basically. It makes her Straight Arrow Skinn explode when you hit it. It makes her heal get a boost. The weaves are made when enemies die, or when she backflips. The little swirls of silk web on the ground.

Learn to Aim! Basic hits with Hunters are very important. Though, with that said...

...Build to your skills! If you're better with her specials than normal aiming, build some Magic points into her somehow (like with Transcendence). Get crits or defensive pierece if you're good with basic attacks.

Build some defences! If you're getting grabbed by Ares chains, get something to cleanse the crowd control (purification beads). Stuck in Whirlpools and getting Kraken'd, get invincibility. Use these active abilities to make up for your personal shortcomings.

drotahorror

Beats playing on moms 6 year old laptop I guess.

I would definitely play the ps4 or xb1 version if I had no other choice. I love SMITE and would love it on any platform. There's just little reason to unless you just have a mess of friends to play with or don't have a PC. Which that is definitely the target audience on a console anyway.

gogosox82

That might be more disgusting than having to deal with an analog stick.

It's honestly not that bad. Sure, 30fps sucks but it plays well with a controller. I turned the sensitivity all the way up and I haven't had an issue since. Of course PC is better but this isn't a bad option for people who don't have a PC and want to try the game out.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Not sure where to post this so I'll do it here:

Started playing Jetpack Fighter to gethe Nem skin. After I linked my hirez account to the game you're supposed to get the god free as well. When I logged in on my PC she was still locked for me.

Anyone have any issue like this?

Nyx

Played all training missions and did a practice match on PS4 so far, but damn is this a good and fun game!

Wonder why I always neglected it on PC...

Anyway, really liking the Hunter class, think I'm going to save up for Medusa!

Top Bottom