• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

Some things that have been teased before the patch notes later today:

New Artemis Skin:

1d7Z8Jz.jpg

Chiron skin:

S3 Ticket teaser:

Edit: Skadi Cart Art:

gogosox82

Just read the patch notes. Was Herc really doing that poorly? I actually thought he was in a decent spot. I know he's not in the meta right now but not every god can be in the meta. Regardless, those are some pretty big buffs for him. Would love if they gave Art the same treatment. Its painfully trying to clear the wave because she uses so much mana.

The art skin looks badass. Will probably have to pick that one up.

Skadi's kit is kind of interesting but she doesn't seem to have an escape. That usually spells trouble for most hunters. I'm not sure how her 3 will work. Is that going to be like a disarm of sorts? Anyway, I think her model looks cool and I'll check her out and see if I like her or not.

Indignate

Making the ice rink on a melee character means gently nudging them away from her, or she can put it down and then juke in a different direction to buy her some time since enemies keep moving forward.

It isn't that good as a leap or anything, but I'm excited to see it be made used of in practice.

Herc is my main warrior, so I'm happy with that change!

Kukulkan also got buffed, so I'll have to check him out. I'm currently saving up for his Sacred Dragon skin because R.I.P. retro Ao Kuang (he was my first god purchase in 2013).

Skadi looks very interesting but I'm not gonna buy her straight away. Those Norse gods are complicated to play...

That Artemis skin looks great.

gogosox82

Making the ice rink on a melee character means gently nudging them away from her, or she can put it down and then juke in a different direction to buy her some time since enemies keep moving forward.

It isn't that good as a leap or anything, but I'm excited to see it be made used of in practice.

Hmm, that doesn't sound that great. If they have curse, your basically screwed if you don't have a leap, dash, etc. I think it would work better if in cleansed cc like roots, slows, etc. but I guess we'll have to wait and see before making any judgements.

Order of the chest rewards can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/49r2yx/2016_season_ticket_explained/

1000 - Sunstar Ra Skin
1500 - Which Came First Avatar
2000 - Enigma Chest
2500 - 2016 Season Ticket Loading Frame
3000 - Enigma Chest
3500 - Undying Chest
4000 - Good Game Emote
4500 - Hinduman Announcer Pack
5000 - Ticket Upgrade (More Below)
5500 - Enigma Chest
6000 - Peeper Ward Skin
6500 - Enigma Chest
7000 - Undying Chest
7500 - Divine Action Theme Music Pack
???? - More to come!

The Rama skin and recolours are in the Undying Chests. Apparently we will be able to get all of the skins from the Undying chests when they add more chests to the later rewards.

Korosenai

So Guan Yu is op right now on xbox at least. I'm 7-2 with him in ranked matches. My first loss was because my jungler went 0-3, rage quit, then all four of my teammates surrendered right at 10 minutes even though i was currently 0/0/0. My next loss I went 2/2/11 while my ymir and thor fed like crazy with a combined death count of 25.

Guan is sooooo good, definitely the current best warrior along with Odin.

gogosox82

The fact that Odin isn't trapped in the cage anymore and there's no more combat blink and that he can get that ult every 30 sec or so makes him very powerful especially when you consider his passive. His Raven's Shield-->leap-->Gungnir's Might combo does a ton of damage as well.

drotahorror

Yea Odin and Guan are my go-to warriors right now. Used to be Bellona and Osiris. Don't even bother with them now. I should try Amaterasu more, but I just feel like she's a bit clunky. With having to release her mirror and all.

So here's the cookie cutter builds I've set up for each class so far:

Hunter: Ninja Tabi, Transcendence, Executioner, Asi, Rage, Deathbringer

Mage: CD Boots, Chronos Pendant, Book of Thoth, Spear of Magus/Obsidian Shard, Bancroft Talon, Rod of Tahuti

Warrior: Warrior Tabi, Hide of Urchin, Spirit Robe, Jotunns Wrath, Bulwark/Gauntlet of Thebes(Herc), Shifters Shield/Optional

Guardian: CD Boots, Spirit Robe, BP of Valor, Heartward Amulet, Sovereignty, Winged Blade

Assassins vary too much but usually starts with Warrior Tabi and includes Stone Cutting Sword, Hydras Lament, and Jotunns Wrath.

What this really shows is that I still have no idea what I'm doing this season. The game really changed a lot.

From reddit:

YE6jcbI.png

lol

muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda muda

I'm not sure I agree with some of those. Ninja is useless on hunters, your better off going sith warrior tabi still. Also while crit is fine it's considered more expensive and takes longer to get online than an AS/pen build, so an Ichavial/Odysseus into titan's bane is probably better.

For guardians, heartward and sov are kind of bad now. You would probably still get them in assault due to the mp5 and hp5 but in other modes you're better off going straight into BoV or bulwark after cd boots. Hide of the Urchin is also a must even if you have to grab it late.

Hyrd's lament is currently worthless but it is getting buffed in the next patch. When it hits Loki is going to be insufferable in all non-conquest game modes. It could also be a big help to assassins like Fenrir and good Thor players.

I'm not sure I agree with some of those. Ninja is useless on hunters, your better off going sith warrior tabi still. Also while crit is fine it's considered more expensive and takes longer to get online than an AS/pen build, so an Ichavial/Odysseus into titan's bane is probably better.

For guardians, heartward and sov are kind of bad now. You would probably still get them in assault due to the mp5 and hp5 but in other modes you're better off going straight into BoV or bulwark after cd boots. Hide of the Urchin is also a must even if you have to grab it late.

Hyrd's lament is currently worthless but it is getting buffed in the next patch. When it hits Loki is going to be insufferable in all non-conquest game modes. It could also be a big help to assassins like Fenrir and good Thor players.

Why is Ninja useless? I figured the attack speed offsets the 20 less power at some point.

I'll drop Heartward and Sov. Too bad because they are good team items... but yeah I'm dying way too much when I play Ymir/Geb in Arena. With guardians and warriors I try to build max CDR because in Arena you're in constant teamfights... but with the nerf to defense items it really comes at a great cost to survivability now.

Well that's good about Hydra's because Loki is my main Arena assassin. ;)

Why is Ninja useless? I figured the attack speed offsets the 20 less power at some point.

I'll drop Heartward and Sov. Too bad because they are good team items... but yeah I'm dying way too much when I play Ymir/Geb in Arena. With guardians and warriors I try to build max CDR because in Arena you're in constant teamfights... but with the nerf to defense items it really comes at a great cost to survivability now.

You're just getting enough attack speed from your asi/qins/ichaival that getting more can easily over cap you especially if you're a hunter with a attack speed steroid (AMC, Apollo, Artemis etc). You can also pick up fatalis which will sky rocket you AS.

Max CDR for warriors is quite easy to get I find. Go BoV early and get a Jotunns either next or after bulwark depending on how the game is going. For guardians though it can be difficult, cd boots and BoV only get you to 30%. It's not bad and I feel like I can get away with it on some Guardians, like Bacchus, but for others like Geb I want that max CD. More shields, especially with the beads nerf is never a bad thing. Spirit Robe is where I go in that case.

patchday

Yeah I brought Odin into the Arena and won like every single match with him. So easy and fun to play now. Not being trapped within his own cage was an amazing buff

Got like 15 gods mastered now and my account is L19. Kinda sad cause both Guan and Odin are mastery 1 already. Gotta play some lesser warriors now...

* Amaretsu and Bellonia were already at mastery 1. Might go with Osiris next. And oh yeah still got Ravana left to get mastery on

Gotta play some lesser warriors now...

You say lesser warriors but overall warriors are in a good place. Bellona, Vamana, Ama and Ravana are easily on par with Guan/Odin if not better.

A good Tyr is hard to play against, Wukong's early game is difficult but he's still a pain mid to late. Herc and Chaac are getting buffs soon and Osiris is great as he always is.

You should have a lot of fun mastering them all.

gogosox82

You don't really need the as that ninja tabi gives you. AS items are really cheap and Qins got buffed and is relatively cheaper so you'll have more than enough as without ninja tabi.

Here's the build I usually run for hunters:

Ichival--> Transcendence-->Warrior's Tab-->Asi-->Qins -->Sell Ichival for Titans Bane.

For Art I do still get crits so its more something like Ichival--> Warrior Tab-->Asi--> Qins Sins--> Malice--> Deathbringer. I only play Art in Arena, Clash, and Joust though. Wouldn't play her in Conquest right now.

Defensive items got nerfed a ton so your not going to be nearly as tanky as you were in Season 2. Sovernity and Heartward just aren't good right now. Hopefully they get buffed but until then I usually go cd boots-->BoV-->Bulwark--Hide of the Urchin--> situational Utility--> situational Defense item.

You're just getting enough attack speed from your asi/qins/ichaival that getting more can easily over cap you especially if you're a hunter with a attack speed steroid (AMC, Apollo, Artemis etc). You can also pick up fatalis which will sky rocket you AS.

Max CDR for warriors is quite easy to get I find. Go BoV early and get a Jotunns either next or after bulwark depending on how the game is going. For guardians though it can be difficult, cd boots and BoV only get you to 30%. It's not bad and I feel like I can get away with it on some Guardians, like Bacchus, but for others like Geb I want that max CD. More shields, especially with the beads nerf is never a bad thing. Spirit Robe is where I go in that case.

You don't really need the as that ninja tabi gives you. AS items are really cheap and Qins got buffed and is relatively cheaper so you'll have more than enough as without ninja tabi.

Here's the build I usually run for hunters:

Ichival--> Transcendence-->Warrior's Tab-->Asi-->Qins -->Sell Ichival for Titans Bane.

For Art I do still get crits so its more something like Ichival--> Warrior Tab-->Asi--> Qins Sins--> Malice--> Deathbringer. I only play Art in Arena, Clash, and Joust though. Wouldn't play her in Conquest right now.

Defensive items got nerfed a ton so your not going to be nearly as tanky as you were in Season 2. Sovernity and Heartward just aren't good right now. Hopefully they get buffed but until then I usually go cd boots-->BoV-->Bulwark--Hide of the Urchin--> situational Utility--> situational Defense item.

Ty for the advice. I made the appropriate changes to my item builds.

Unfortunately, I still find I'm having noticeably less fun this season. I can't put my finger on exactly why, but the game just isn't as fun to play right now. I think I'm gonna lay low for 2-3 patches and see if I like the changes.

patchday

You say lesser warriors but overall warriors are in a good place. Bellona, Vamana, Ama and Ravana are easily on par with Guan/Odin if not better.

A good Tyr is hard to play against, Wukong's early game is difficult but he's still a pain mid to late. Herc and Chaac are getting buffs soon and Osiris is great as he always is.

You should have a lot of fun mastering them all.

Mastered Ravana (was a blast) and now working on Hercules. you're right man so many good warriors. I'm playing Arena with them

I got at least 3 of every class type mastered now I think. But going to try to master all warriors before hitting 30

Ofc, eventually plan to have all gods mastered

gogosox82

Hou Yi hurts so much. Was playing against a Hou Yi in joust and he killed me in two autos. He marked me and then two autos later dead. 1900 damage in two autos. SMH

Ty for the advice. I made the appropriate changes to my item builds.

Unfortunately, I still find I'm having noticeably less fun this season. I can't put my finger on exactly why, but the game just isn't as fun to play right now. I think I'm gonna lay low for 2-3 patches and see if I like the changes.

I think they need to make health items better. Only a few of them are worth picking up and you would have to drop one of the protection items to do it which kind of makes it not worth doing. That I think they either need to add more relics or make them more useable. 120 sec cd is a long time without beads or sprint especially if your play games modes where the games are short like Arena or assault. Either that of have less cc in the game but I don't see that happening.

XenoRaven

Makes sense. They have to make money somehow.

I've been playing mostly Arena and Clash on PS4 and I've been doing Frostbound start nearly every time I pick a Warrior or Assassin. Is that a good pickup or should I be looking at Heartseeker on Assassins more? The main reason I use it is when I'm low mana or my abilities are on CD, I hate when people just run away, especially since a lot of people do Boots start since that's what the auto-build always does, so I like the slow so I can keep hitting them.

I wasn't using Runeforged much at the end of Season 2, but I saw they changed the passive? Am I crazy?

patchday

I guess Favor is good for the Golden skins and such. I have all the gods so all my favor has been accumulating.

Man cant login to the server. Wanted to get my daily bonus.

* Ah the patch is going live with Skadi :)

edit- Is Tyr unpopular? I picked him for Arena and a teammate instantly says something like:
"Oh we got Tyr. We've already lost, gg"

And yeah we lost but it was my first time using him so couldnt tank to save my life. I was missing Odin/Ravanna/Quan/Hercules the whole time I was playing him but I already mastered those gods

Makes sense. They have to make money somehow.

I've been playing mostly Arena and Clash on PS4 and I've been doing Frostbound start nearly every time I pick a Warrior or Assassin. Is that a good pickup or should I be looking at Heartseeker on Assassins more? The main reason I use it is when I'm low mana or my abilities are on CD, I hate when people just run away, especially since a lot of people do Boots start since that's what the auto-build always does, so I like the slow so I can keep hitting them.

I wasn't using Runeforged much at the end of Season 2, but I saw they changed the passive? Am I crazy?

Need to install Smite on my PS4. But I'm assuming the same account cant be used on PC/PS4. So will only be taking a quick look at PS4 then I'm back to PC

edit- Is Tyr unpopular? I picked him for Arena and a teammate instantly says something like:
"Oh we got Tyr. We've already lost, gg"

And yeah we lost but it was my first time using him so couldnt tank to save my life. I was missing Odin/Ravanna/Quan/Hercules the whole time I was playing him but I already mastered those gods

A good Tyr can be a scary thing. Super tanky, good damage, great CC. He does have a steep learning curve though. I'm a mastery 2 Tyr and I love but dread playing him. I want to get good with him but I still feel like I'm a liability to the team and that I'd be better off going SWK or Bellona.

Also his CC is telegraphed really easily, either by his positioning or his use of his ult, that a person with their eye on him will avoid it easily.

Need to install Smite on my PS4. But I'm assuming the same account cant be used on PC/PS4. So will only be taking a quick look at PS4 then I'm back to PC

There will probably be a one time account transfer so you can move everything you have to the PS4 if you want, they did this on the Xbox. No idea when it will occur though.

patchday

Yeah will have to play Tyr more. Maybe I'll improve

Played Skadi two Arena matches. Seems really coo. I love her design/concept. But was confused by her ult. I thought it would heal me to full. But instead, it heals the pet. Hilarity ensued :(

XenoRaven

Matchmaking must be working as intended because I always do really well when I play with my friends and then when I solo queue I get teamed up with people who are trying to eat their controller.

gogosox82

Matchmaking must be working as intended because I always do really well when I play with my friends and then when I solo queue I get teamed up with people who are trying to eat their controller.

I played 2 arena games so far where one of my teammates were playing pve. It was kind of funny seeing the Ymir use his three on the attack speed buff and then not pick up said buff and just leave it there for the other team to get, but less funny when he just stood there while the Kali on the other team decided to go yolo and just dive on me.

It was kind of funny seeing the Ymir use his three on the attack speed buff and then not pick up said buff and just leave it there for the other team to get,

If he killed the buff then the enemy team cannot pick it up. If anything it him leaving it was the right choice. He can make no use for it and it will be better served if someone else on your team picks it up.

gogosox82

If he killed the buff then the enemy team cannot pick it up. If anything it him leaving it was the right choice. He can make no use for it and it will be better served if someone else on your team picks it up.

It doesn't matter since my team never went to get buffs. They would just would fight and die and then d/c after 5 minutes.

I'm reading on Reddit about some good Skadi combos:

- Skadi + Cabrakan:
Meand my friend literally won 17 games in row with cabrakan skadi duo lane. The combos of cabs ult/tremors plus skadis ice/ult makes duo lane a kill lane. Any time you catch someone out of position in cabrakans ult it is almost a guaranteed kill. Consistently beat kephri + houyi/chiron lanes

- Skadi + Ymir/Thor:
This combo and Skadi + Ymir's Wall are nightmare fuel. Restless sleeps for life
Thor can do it too

- Skadi + Hades:
It works rather well with Hade's ult. Did it one match, and they all just slid in towards him.

Best of all:
Cabraken using tremors and then having an enemy skadi put ice under his feet causes him to start moving while ground pounding
Also happens when Anubis is in his 1.
ANUBIS BUFF BOYS. HE CAN MOVE IN HIS 1.

I'm reading on Reddit about some good Skadi combos:

Unfortunately they removed the one she had with Fenrir before she even got off PTS.

Shake and bake, Fenrir takes someone ever her 3 with his ult and shakes the mouse, the person takes so much more dmg from her 3.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Unfortunately they removed the one she had with Fenrir before she even got off PTS.

Shake and bake, Fenrir takes someone ever her 3 with his ult and shakes the mouse, the person takes so much more dmg from her 3.

man i miss shake in back with fenrir and old nu wa ult good times

patchday

I wish they would host a lore event like LoL did where a major champ got killed. But instead of gangplank (LoL), should kill Loki instead (Smite) :)

still need to try loki sometime. Will probably fall in love

patchday

I should try out the PS4 version but I already got all gods unlocked etc on PC version. Wish they'd unify the accounts so I can play on PC/PS4 when I want. I actually use a controller with the PC ver majority of the time (I'm just casually playing in Arenas, bout to hit L21 soon).

I'd be all over ps4 ver if it got a graphics update or something

Top Bottom