• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smite |OT| Release The Quacken

I rented Raijin and played a couple Arena games with him. He's a little weird but I've started to get the hang of him. His ult does a shit ton of damage. How do you guys build him? My current build is Pen Boots, Chronos Pendant, Book of Thoth, Obsidian Shard, Rod of Tahuti, Polynomicon.

Smite's second anniversary is this coming week. Bunch of things happening on each day starting Tuesday: http://www.smitegame.com/happy-birthday-smite-2/

Lmao those pictures are great.

Stoked for the voice pack sale! Now I gotta decide which ones to get. I will have 300 gems by the 28th so I can get 3 of them. Hmmm...

And 50% off the god pack? I feel like I really should buy it. I've been playing Smite for like 4 years and I've never spent a dime on it.

Ferny

I rented Raijin and played a couple Arena games with him. He's a little weird but I've started to get the hang of him. His ult does a shit ton of damage. How do you guys build him? My current build is Pen Boots, Chronos Pendant, Book of Thoth, Obsidian Shard, Rod of Tahuti, Polynomicon.

Lmao those pictures are great.

Stoked for the voice pack sale! Now I gotta decide which ones to get. I will have 300 gems by the 28th so I can get 3 of them. Hmmm...

And 50% off the god pack? I feel like I really should buy it. I've been playing Smite for like 4 years and I've never spent a dime on it.

For $15 it really is a steal and a half

Nyx

Versus games are a world apart from bot games lol, my precious Anubis gets slaughtered when facing actual players.

Time to learn all over again!

Anubis isn't tricky. Just unload everything on somebody and if they don't play well as a team you clean up. The problem is that he isn't tricky so you don't have a plan b.

Skadi seems to be very popular as well. Seeing lots of level 5 Skadi's in game, like plenty of people must be playing her non stop since release.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Versus games are a world apart from bot games lol, my precious Anubis gets slaughtered when facing actual players.

Time to learn all over again!

grasping hands under someone then use your wraps then ult then run around where they died spaming vel vel vel vet

gogosox82

I really wish Smite would update the recommended items tab on ps4. New players keep buying these items that just aren't that great. People shouldn't be buying heartward and sovereignty but I know they buy it because its recommended on supports.

Anubis isn't tricky. Just unload everything on somebody and if they don't play well as a team you clean up. The problem is that he isn't tricky so you don't have a plan b.

That fits my definition of tricky: the judgement and teamplay needed to allow you to nuke someone and survive the process. 1 on 1 he is not tricky, but as a whole? Imo he's a much harder mage to play well than anyone else more mobile.

XenoRaven

I really wish Smite would update the recommended items tab on ps4. New players keep buying these items that just aren't that great. People shouldn't be buying heartward and sovereignty but I know they buy it because its recommended on supports.
They recommend Rage and DB on all the Hunters too and I've heard pros say that crit isn't that great anymore and it's better to go phys power/pen.

gogosox82

They recommend Rage and DB on all the Hunters too and I've heard pros say that crit isn't that great anymore and it's better to go phys power/pen.

I've noticed this too. Enemy hunter will be building a crits and never finish it. I can usually get by build online much faster than the enemy hunters because it takes so long to get to crits. Most expensive item I build is Qins and I still do pretty damn good damage.

Arg, I never learn the lesson that you shouldn't play Smite (or any competitive online game) when you're already in a bad mood. Last night I came home from a shitty day at work and played two Arena matches. Got steamrolled in both of them and played like shit. A silver lining was that most of my teammates were nice at least. I went up against a team with Ymir, Amaterasu, Hercules, Aphrodite, and Skadi. Holy shit that was so frustrating. Three tanky gods with an Aphro keeping them alive and Skadi picking us off. After the midway point of the game we could barely get a kill.

So I decided to try learning Awilix.

She's kind of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjmLwLNaHYk

I rarely play assassins but she's one of my go-to gods.

Next Monday is a 50% off voicepack sale, so you gotta save up 100 gems and buy hers. She has one of the best.

I just had a kind of surreal clash game. For the first 20 mins our Cupid was either afk or dced (switching between the two often) so we're getting bodied. We loose our towers but they have trouble getting our phoenixes.

At about the time they finally take the left phoenix our Cupid comes back but is still level 3 so is basically useless but their Odin dces. Also our Herc had no idea about when to go in for a fight and when to stay away. I was trying to surrender for most of those 20mins but it kept getting rejected, I think by the Cupid/Skadi/Herc cause they were in a team together.

Despite all this we actually won and I went 12-0 as Bacchus. Their team would run when they saw me.

KMldMkTezLM_8iAJzuyNwYm_Di2ZrNbYOk69ktdxGTIlBT3A5K9IHa0KZM2sAbqQ_Bhl_QVLed2MMFneAu8vs_Bg9_vvL0iSVjCdGMw7QrIw3pM3z-jJLxHqVkHPQxfPffL9YoOKzL5rVQqqiobPfBsx4IDREPzMY5oO9J3q0LTZaeUvGFpTejw-F2_jRTGwynil7kgZzK6koWnCWkoCjcaJMve4_1UyKn5oWyKXse7rBFQl1vnJFRLuSJSeHthENpIZksKJ_4gpnpI4hWn-O_8DyJpBq_aDzvILodMs_wwJ9CCHP8Qct3d0tXQkJVh_WLvzZln2YSXslGs8Ik8wxBzOb9vGZ1nVkPO-H760fqBvv-NWlfV-IMfhvf1Zz1n6m2ym0Iq6Zv-Bv6wN1r9VOup_TrZA8_eBrmemHd3AJdPT3yyvOaIZG_JiPGVabK_5H61QOGUdY9VCwYDeeJPhxPTZC2HvondOJoiiT-5o63Zx_oTT_ktKjR_fT_SZliI-9zkABgrqIfxD1qkceBKcdqb1NWB_EB_j64GXz4aOE27uNzKHFFlqMl-X2j4yN10XnIc=w1070-h607-no

Three tanky gods with an Aphro keeping them alive and Skadi picking us off. After the midway point of the game we could barely get a kill..

If you wanna talk about healing, earlier I had an arena where the other team had Herc, Aphro, Chang'e and Hel with an Xbal thrown in for damage. I had to buy a second item Divine on Raijin. Luckily the Herc was very aggressive so they had no peel late game when I started to turn on.

gogosox82

Played a Siege game earlier. I know she isn't good in conquest but Aphro is really good in just about every other game mode. Its so hard to deal with her constant healing. I was playing Bellona and she just kept healing me so I would just jump in and kill the Scylla and Neith we were laning against. The Athena finally came over but it was way too late by then since we were already in their base and took their phoenix. The Athena did have a weakening but its was too late like I said. I would play siege more but this is what usually happens. Its either a stomp one way or the other. Its too bad because I really like the map.

So I decided to try learning Awilix.

She's kind of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjmLwLNaHYk

Her damage early game is crazy.

gogosox82

It looks like console is getting the Skadi patch earlier and it looks like 60fps is going to be a thing according to reddit. 60 fps will be really nice if this is true.

Aphro is considered good in any team game mode but it can be hard and boring to get her to the later game when she gets more useful. Aphro Bellona is a good combination but I guess Aphro + Osiris or Amaterasu are good as well for the same reason.

How is Sol doing atm? I haven't played her in a couple patches. I have 5500 favor so I could purchase her. I honestly might buy her simply because I love her VP. "You, I like!" Would also appreciate build tips.

XenoRaven

I rarely play assassins but she's one of my go-to gods.

Next Monday is a 50% off voicepack sale, so you gotta save up 100 gems and buy hers. She has one of the best.
It's worth it for "You're a lunar-tic!" alone.

Went 24/6/6 as Neith in a Clash game yesterday. Had two friends with me. Our teammates were so bad that we still lost.

Next game, same friends, we got a Merc who went 0/14/5 and a Neith who went 0/9/2. The struggles.

gogosox82

How is Sol doing atm? I haven't played her in a couple patches. I have 5500 favor so I could purchase her. I honestly might buy her simply because I love her VP. "You, I like!" Would also appreciate build tips.

Sol is very strong. She's had a couple nerfs but nothing too major. A decent Sol player is near impossible to get away from. I build Pen boots, Polynomicon,Demonic Grip, Spear of Magus, Rod, and Soul Reaver.

Haven't played much because I've been busy with BDO and Pokken. However just saw the teaser about console version getting 60fps. Thank goodness, that actually makes me want to play on PS4 now.

Also saw the EnvyUS news. I ain't even gonna comment on that. Season 3 *eyeroll*.

Just incase some people missed it but there are 25 gems for each fwotd going on today. Hi-Rez didn't give us any heads up on this it seems.

Also there will be patch notes later today.

Cancel what I just said, it seems like they have turned it off..Sorry Luap.

8waIx0Y.gif

Edit: Good lord the Smite subreddit can be insufferable. 90% of the comments in the patch notes thread are bitching about Serqet's buff, Khepri's nerf, the lack of a Raijin nerf, and/or the lack of a Hel buff. Bunch of goddamn crybabies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Brother and I have been getting the 25 for FWOTD on Xbox 1 for our last few games, so it still seems to be on here, at least. A very nice boon, hope everyone can get at least something Extra!

XenoRaven

Dear Hi-Rez,

I understand matchmaking is probably more complicated than it seems to be, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out why you think good matchmaking isn't putting 9 other people of similar skill in my game, but instead, is putting the most worthless, brain-dead morons in the history of video games on my team, while putting me up against coordinated teams that are no doubt in party chat together. I don't understand why your matchmaking works this way, but it's seriously taking the fun out of your game for me.

Sincerely,

Some loser on the internet

Anyone fancy playing with me on PS4? I'm new to mobas but not terrible at games..

I'm EU though, if it matters for latency and stuff on this type of game.

gogosox82

I wish there was a way for Hi Rez to add a chat box for consoles. Sometimes you need to say something to your team that isn't in vgs like "you need to build some magic defense" or "don't build 4 crit items if you have no power or pen".

I wish there was a way for Hi Rez to add a chat box for consoles. Sometimes you need to say something to your team that isn't in vgs like "you need to build some magic defense" or "don't build 4 crit items if you have no power or pen".

Did they ever add "Group Up" To VGS on console? That was the biggest one I felt was missing when they first implemented it.

Navid

Anyone fancy playing with me on PS4? I'm new to mobas but not terrible at games...
You can add me if you wish (PSN same as Neogaf username), I usually run through Arena, Joust and Clash modes...

Smite on PS4 is the first MOBA I've tried and to be honest I'm pretty average at it, but I've enjoyed what I've played.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Dear Hi-Rez,

I understand matchmaking is probably more complicated than it seems to be, but I can't, for the life of me, figure out why you think good matchmaking isn't putting 9 other people of similar skill in my game, but instead, is putting the most worthless, brain-dead morons in the history of video games on my team, while putting me up against coordinated teams that are no doubt in party chat together. I don't understand why your matchmaking works this way, but it's seriously taking the fun out of your game for me.

Sincerely,

Some loser on the internet

j893v43

gogosox82

Did they ever add "Group Up" To VGS on console? That was the biggest one I felt was missing when they first implemented it.

No sadly. I honestly wish they'd take out the laughs and taunts and put stuff like Group Up in. Besides, its real annoying having to hear someone spam this and there is nothing that you can do about it since you can't mute anyone on the opposing team.

I'd really like "Group up" and "I'm building stacks".

This along with "Out of Mana", "Falling back", and "Attack the Minions".

You can add me if you wish (PSN same as Neogaf username), I usually run through Arena, Joust and Clash modes...

Smite on PS4 is the first MOBA I've tried and to be honest I'm pretty average at it, but I've enjoyed what I've played.

You guys can add me as well. Username is the same it is here on gaf. Maybe we should start a gaf clan consoles when if Hi Rez ever gets around to putting it in?

Good news! I got home last night and got 25 gems for winning an Arena match. So they didn't fix it after all. I lost 3 straight Joust matches after that so I was unable to get more gems.

Top Bottom