• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Warned 2024 Would Be Light But PS5 Still Has The Best Games

Dazraell

I mean, for a few standouts they also had a few stinkers. Including a flop that will most likely be remembered and cited in the gaming history lmao

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Hate to break it to you but a lot of us PS5 owners also have PCs and play the PC version first. Your list has a lot of crap that does not make us care about the PS5 or wouldn't make people considering a choice between PC and PS really move in one direction over another. PS games eventually make it over to PC and low exclusives output like they had this year does not make a good argument for owning a PS5 if you have a gaming PC.

Astrobot was great. FFVIIRebirth was good. What's really missing is a big holiday game. Lego Horizon is not it, though I am contemplating getting it to coop with the kids, but I could do that on Switch of all places.

Where did this idea that there needs to be a big holiday release?

2014 - Sony's holiday game was LBP3.
2015 - Nothing
2016 - Last Guardian
2017 - GT Sport if you want to count that
2018 - Spider-Man if you want to count that, but it came out in September
2019 - Death Stranding
2020 - Miles Morales
2021 - Nothing
2022 - Ragnarok
2023 - Spider-Man 2 (October)

It's weird that gamers care so much about the timing of releases. Like I know for a fact that you haven't played every major PS game released on PS5, so why do you need a new game to come out in October/November/December?

That being said, I think that's why Sony's releasing Horizon Remastered.

I think a lot of games have started to avoid the holidays simply because releasing close to CoD can be difficult.

Next year Sony has Ghost of Yotei and Death Stranding, but there is no guarantee either will come out in Q4 as I'm sure Sony will want to avoid GTA6, as pretty much everyone else will.

Resident Evil 9 - high
Pragmata - low
Kingdom Hearts 4 - TGS no show, probably 2026 earliest
Ace Combat 8 - nothing shown yet, 2026 earliest
Phantom Blade Zero - demo is coming early next year, i'd say chances high
Lost Soul Aside - don't know this game
Fable - 2026, one year after Xbox

Well hopefully we get to see them all with release dates next year at least.

Top Bottom