• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ping Pong - 3
The humming during that match was such a great touch. Can't wait to see how the result of that match is going to affect Wenge next week. God DAMN this show is good.

Nanana Batman's Buried Treasure - 3
This is so average LN tripe. That scene with Juugo and Tensai sitting on the chest was completely unearned and out of left field. This show is filled with so many moments like that. I just wish I could muster up the will to stop watching. :(

Gbraga

If this show had more
ZZWfZYl.gif
hDB7jJn.gif
D3lg3wQ.gif

and less incest drama, I would watch it.

I wish it had both.

Kaiba was so godlike

Branduil

Mirai (Young Animator Training Project) - Ryo

Some shit about the shinsengumi. Seriously, this is the most incoherent, confusing, disjointed, badly directed thing I've watched all year. I understand that the history is more famous in Japan and that's why they don't need to explain some characters and events, but I think even if I would happen to be Japanese, this is a mess. They tried to tell way too much in 25 minutes.
But at least the drawing and animation work is good.

"Good."

iQnfGo4BlayF.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ping Pong The Animation Episode 3:

Well, we finally have an OP and I am going to need to give that a few episodes before making a judgement on it. Anyway, in many ways this feels like it is the anti-shonen sport show as it does have many of the standard sports tropes but the attitude and presentation is so vastly different, there is no of that high postivve energy, the cheer of the crowd, the frustration of the opposition and so on and so forth. Everybody is so dialed back it is kind of unnerving actually. Anyway, much better episode this week now that the pitch black nihilism has faded.

Tenumi

Banned
Golden Boy: 05

Ah, the infamous motorcycle episode... that was certainly something else.

One to go, sad to see this end so quickly...

cajunator

Banned
Happiness Charge Precure: 12

Hime da best.

So we've got a precure who's terrible at tests. OK, don't think that's a first. So she tries to study and everybody helps her, and then they fight and do some baseball. Yes. I may be oversimplifying things.

I declare this the season of eyebrows.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ping Pong OP
I was literally sodomized in every imaginable way.

Mirai (Young Animator Training Project) - Harmonie

That was better than the previous one, but still not very good. In fact it was a bit wtf at the end.
Typical romance school story. In fact, it's a very typical male dream
(very average slightly otaku boy discovers that the pretty girl of his class is also an otaku, and they connect by chance).
The MC is incredibly average as I say, average face, stature, hair, etc, the perfect self-insert, and to terminate, all the secondaries are very typical tropes.
The twist is that
the girl is slightly delusive yandere? and the MC makes her believe again in her delusions by mistake without clearing up the confusion.
Lol.

Tenumi

Banned
Golden Boy: 06 (END)

Wow... That episode actually was educational. And it did wrap up nicely.

I expected something silly, but nothing quite like this. I laughed more than I have for any show in recent memory. More than worth the watch.

cajunator

Banned
Golden Boy: 06 (END)

Wow... That episode actually was educational. And it did wrap up nicely.

I expected something silly, but nothing quite like this. I laughed more than I have for any show in recent memory. More than worth the watch.

Yeah it was an excellent ending. I like how it brought all the girls back together. Really cute way to end the OVAs.

Korbo captures everyones heart. Some are just too proud to admit it.

No I was totally taken by the magic. The romance in Spice and Wolf is one of the most well-written ones in anime imho. Shame they never made more seasons. And I don't read LN's. Not now. Not ever.

#2cool4school
#swag
#yolo
#smokeweederrday

Speaking of google spoilers, I always laugh when I remember my friend's story of when he wanted to find out something about a specific Game of Thrones character and he wrote "Is [name]" and Google returned him a massive spoiler. Google is the ultimate douchey friend who spoils.

Eusis

Speaking of google spoilers, I always laugh when I remember my friend's story of when he wanted to find out something about a specific Game of Thrones character and he wrote "Is [name]" and Google returned him a massive spoiler. Google is the ultimate douchey friend who spoils.
I think that happens for every character though. I tried it on two I know are alive,
Arya and HODOR
and that was one of the suggestions that popped up.

Though yeah, Google on a whole is kind of a piece of shit when it comes to spoilers. Youtube's worse really in that regard with how recommendations work and the fact it's literal video proof, show an interest in SOMETHING and you could be watching a cat video someone shared and on the side could be a massive spoiler for some other show/movie/game you showed interest in.

Gazoinks

I think that happens for every character though. I tried it on two I know are alive,
Arya and HODOR

Though yeah, Google on a whole is kind of a piece of shit when it comes to spoilers. Youtube's worse really in that regard with how recommendations work and the fact it's literal video proof, show an interest in SOMETHING and you could be watching a cat video someone shared and on the side could be a massive spoiler for some other show/movie/game you showed interest in.

Youtube's recommended videos are the worst. I was looking at the Clannad After Story OP one time and saw
Recommended: Top anime deaths with a picture of Nagisa.

CorvoSol

OP3 is garbage compared to JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJO and Bloody Stream.

I dunno about garbage, but OP1 and 2 were definitely better than OP 3. That said the CG is much improved in OP3.

Getter Robo 23

After the fire breathing bunny rabbit my brain stopped.

http://i.imgur.com/DzB2Hua.jpg?1[/MG]

At last the OP is here, and it is glorious.
This show has so much style. I beg to anyone who has not picked up this show because of the art style or the concept or whatever to give it a try. It's way ahead for AOTS for me.[/QUOTE]

I dont know, some parts of todays episode looked kind of weird at times, and awkward pauses in character movements, was awkward. (personally thought the sound and style for thescene with the music being the sound of bouncing ping pongs and all of that was great).

--

Mekakucity Actors is way ahead for AOTS for me and Haikyuu!! right at its neck.

Youtube's recommended videos are the worst. I was looking at the Clannad After Story OP one time and saw
Recommended: Top anime deaths with a picture of Nagisa.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Fucking brilliant. Which is funny too because that particular scene isn't even that good imho. The one that happens afterwards is the real killer.

Arya and HODOR

Maybe that's google algorithm to not spoil? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom