• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Happiness Charge PreCure 11
ib0D7J8tXV2L1T.png

KirbYuuYuu gets the best stock. Yellow bias goes on unhindered.
Good episode. Madp was extra adorable and KirbYuuYuu x madp have been established as a strong otp.
Also more awesome antics. Fully satisfied after the more eh episode 10.

cajunator

Banned
There was a time when it would've been the exciting promise of a sequel to E7, but that time is not now.

I know it hurts Raven but it happened and all you can really do is drink it away.
But of course Im kind of evil because I bought it. Please dont hate me.

RedSwirl

Either today or tomorrow I'll finally be watching Castle in the Sky. What am I in for?

Up until now I've only seen Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Ponyo. Other Ghibli movies are on my GameFly Que (they just started renting out movies and just got in like all the Ghibli Blu-Rays).

cajunator

Banned
That reminds me. BEAR did you ever buy AO?
If Elena wasnt in it I wouldnt have had to but you know how these things are..

Either today or tomorrow I'll finally be watching Castle in the Sky. What am I in for?

Up until now I've only seen Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Ponyo. Other Ghibli movies are on my GameFly Que (they just started renting out movies and just got in like all the Ghibli Blu-Rays).

A great movie with some unique robots.

Hapiness charge precure - 12

OMG princess ... that attitude .. she is climbing the stairs of " BEST BLUE " one by one.

DAT preview .... hapiness charge is really hitting all the right notes ..what a superb season

"you've lost so face your cleansing !"
i can't believe i'm liking the whole cast that much !!
I don't even mind the Cgs ! Episode 13 and things are looking that way ? that mid-season finale is going to be CRAZZZZZY

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

it's good

cajunator

Banned
But I love all things adorable and somehow I still live...

Hapiness charge precure - 12

OMG princess ... that attitude .. she is climbing the stairs of " BEST BLUE " one by one.

DAT preview .... hapiness charge is really hitting all the right notes ..what a superb season

"you've lost so face your cleansing !"
i can't believe i'm liking the whole cast that much !!
I don't even mind the Cgs ! Episode 13 and things are looking that way ? that mid-season finale is going to be CRAZZZZZY

Still say it has the best ED.

CorvoSol

Maybe even a movie!

It's my experience that anime movies aren't normally good, so that prospect wouldn't have excited me. Especially anime movies based on mecha series. All three Gundam movies AND the Rebuild series have put me off of seeing more mecha anime movies. Pocket Full of Bullshit is just the icing on that.

VOTOMS 19

Speaking of icing, Vanilla treats Coconna like crap in this episode, even though she saved his goddamn life and is pretty obviously in love with him and you could not do better than Coconna.

Shergal

Huh, I've never even heard of this show. Thanks for the link. The animation is stylistic as I'd expect from Ohira, but I do find the direction somewhat monotonous and boring so I can't say I like it much.

I don't even know what the show is about, I just know the OP :p
There's also this really nice one done by Shinji Hashimoto just one year before, it seems like it was the 'in' thing to do crazy OPs at that time.

cajunator

Banned
I'm not in denial! The chart clearly states i'm not a furry!

but seriously I don't care. Holo/horo/korbo is an awesome character furry or not.

adorable denial. One of us.

Hapiness Ed is just below the second heartcatch ED... will they be able to challenge it and claim the top place ? we'll know in summer season !

I love gospel style music but honestly I love the infectious happiness and the ode to other Precure series that Precure Memory presents. Its just so much fun. I put it just above the tomorrow Song.

Dead

well not really...yet
omg, so happy

Fun fact, this is the first anime blu-ray ive purchased since the original Bandai Visual Akira BD (which is now OOP)

It's an upscale obviously, but it looks really good and really emphasizes just how crazy fucking good this show looked at it's best.

Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka - 02

This show is just too cute and happy ..i just can't dislike this show .... it does nothing wrong and it's full of fuwa fuwa moments.
Gochuumon%20wa%20Usagi%20Desu%20ka%20-%2002.jpg

You don't say.

So 2 coffee shops , one eastern themed and the other western themed.. i just can't imagine what happenned that both dudes got turned into rabbits

Oh and baking bread is really fun when you're in a group..i've tried it myself and i can attest to this.

Ps: rabbits don't eat sweet things , only human transformed into rabbits do.( JUST LIKE REAL LIFE )

cajunator

Banned
Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka - 02

This show is just too cute and happy ..i just can't dislike this show .... it does nothing wrong and it's full of fuwa fuwa moments.

So 2 coffee shops , one eastern themed and the other western themed.. i just can't imagine what happenned that both dudes got turned into rabbits

Oh and baking bread is really fun when you're in a group..i've tried it myself and i can attest to this.

Ps: rabbits don't eat sweet things , only human transformed into rabbits do.( JUST LIKE REAL LIFE )

Yeah its like Kinmoza. Im pretty sure its impossible to hate this show if you have a soul.

Beats

Does anyone know if someone picked up the Millennium Actress blu-ray for an NA release? I just saw an ad for the Japanese blu-ray, but it doesn't look like there are any english subtitles on it. : (

Eusis

Does anyone know if someone picked up the Millennium Actress blu-ray for an NA release? I just saw an ad for the Japanese blu-ray, but it doesn't look like there are any english subtitles on it. : (
The DVD hasn't been in print for forever. Hopefully someone grabs the rights and gets it back out there, blu-ray OR DVD.

EDIT: Same for other Satoshi Kon material really. Perfect Blue's only had one non-anamorphic DVD release, Paranoia Agent hasn't been in print for awhile and seems to have at best gotten a short lived blu-ray re-release, Tokyo Godfathers is a bit better off but only because you can stream it and used DVDs are cheap... Only Paprika's readily available with a modern release. What's going on there?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Show ranking~

best three~
Ping Pong
Mushishi
JoJo's Eccentric Escapade

good~
Haikyuuuuuuu
Baby Steps
One weak friend

Bones~