• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Same girl who sang the Chinese version. She sucks at singing and needs to stop. So bad. I thought the Taiwanese one would have been okay since it kinda sounds like Japanese at times and flows a bit better, but this girl just can't sing.

Yeah. Korean normally flows well. This girl just aint got it :/

Clov

Honestly how many shows in a season need to be enjoyable for people to have a good time? I'm only actively watching Jojo's and Ping Pong (I'm super behind on Mushishi and Captain Earth but I intend to catch up on them) and those two shows are GREAT. In general, anime or not, most of everything is shit. If I can find a few shows per season I enjoy, which I usually don't have a hard time doing, then the season is doing fine as far as I'm concerned. Even if a season had a hundred shows and only one was good but that good show was AWESOME, I'd consider that a success. I guess people need anime to fill in every moment of their free time?

I always pick up lots of shows, and I generally find that every season there's one or two GREAT shows. Those are honestly enough for me, unless everything else is terrible. I have pretty broad tastes, so I always enjoy each season.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mushishi Zoku Shou Episode 6:

As much as I like this show, it's atmosphere, its visuals and its design, it just is more a professional appreciation the anything else.There is too much detachment and muting of emotions, I saw the word radiant used as a descriptor but like everything else, that is too strong of an emotion for this particular program. It doesn't help that the mushi seem to be at best a sideshow for the human drama of the week and thus an element that could easily be excised with little lost. Basically this is the best show that threatens to put me to sleep when I am tired.

survivor

Banned
Ping Pong alone makes this season more enjoyable for me than the previous one. It's also helpful that were some nice surprises like One Week Friends.

wonzo

Banned
hosanna needs to get some tippy into his life :(

gochuumonusagi3.jpg

This season is decent. Like last season, I only really had 2-3 shows that I really looked forward to every week.

Look forward to it every week because its amazing
One Week Friends

Pretty good
Chaika
Black Bullet
No Game No Life
Captain Earth
Haikyu!!!

Will watch when I need something to watch
Nisekoi
The world is still beautiful
Rabbit cafe one
Ping Pong

Possibly dropping
Nananananananannanananaana

Articalys

Honestly how many shows in a season need to be enjoyable for people to have a good time? I'm only actively watching Jojo's and Ping Pong (I'm super behind on Mushishi and Captain Earth but I intend to catch up on them) and those two shows are GREAT. In general, anime or not, most of everything is shit. If I can find a few shows per season I enjoy, which I usually don't have a hard time doing, then the season is doing fine as far as I'm concerned. Even if a season had a hundred shows and only one was good but that good show was AWESOME, I'd consider that a success. I guess people need anime to fill in every moment of their free time?

On an unrelated note, despite everybody saying the Fate/Stay Night source material is awful I will continue to have hope that the show will be great #BELIEVE
I could honestly do with less shows I like per season since I could really use a lower time commitment.

Defuser

Reading hosanna thread again, to me it's more like he have a beef with animegaf's certain individuals instead of anime but still he chose poorly. But still the posters recommending were no better lol. Attack on Titan and SAO? Jebus, that is not call good shows, that is call blind mass bandwagoning. If majority calls a piece of shit tasty to eat, eventually somebody would believe it.

I was one of the people who liked Kill la Kill and here is the thing about that title, that one was interesting to talk about and indeed we are really missing a title of that divisiveness and I miss it. I miss it because that was actually interesting to talk about, there really isn't an overhyped maybe deserving of this mantle anime to make things interesting the season and it has made the actual conversation of things a bit dull.

I could understand that, but to me their really wasn't anything that kept me interested for Kill la Kill except for the fight between Ryuuko and Tsumugu and maybe Gamagoori's character. The thing that also killed the anime for me was the battle scenes. They seemed half assed especially the way they made it look like the battles were gonna be awesome through ep 1 and the latter fight I mentioned earlier but no they were not good. So for me right now I think the season is great with many enjoyable shows, it just has to do with preference.

Soma

Man, not like that Hosanna. :/

Used to love reading his indepth posts in the past but I'm really disappointed and concerned with his behavior recently. Hope the guy gets some peace of mind while he's gone.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Reading hosanna thread again, to me it's more like he have a beef with animegaf's certain individuals instead of anime but still he chose poorly. But still the posters recommending were no better lol. Attack on Titan and SAO? Jebus, that is not call good shows, that is call blind mass bandwagoning. If majority calls a piece of shit tasty to eat, eventually somebody would believe it.

Or you know they only watch a few shows, generally whats available in English and aired on TV? I liked SAO but man the people who hate SAO are really annoying sometimes, its like they can't let people who enjoyed the show simply enjoy the show.

cnet128

Banned
Ping Pong alone makes this season more enjoyable for me than the previous one. It's also helpful that were some nice surprises like One Week Friends.

One of these days people are going to learn that when I say something will be secret best show of the season, it becomes secret best show of the season =p

I could honestly do with less shows I like per season since I could really use a lower time commitment.

Tell me about it. Liking too much anime is suffering >.>

Clov

I thought Kill la Kill became a bit of a mess by the second half. It seemed somewhat confused, thematically. The last episode was pretty poor too; I was hoping for some sort of ridiculously over the top final battle like Gurren Laggann had, but it just wasn't to be, I guess.

Nonon, Mako, and Nui were at least consistently entertaining! I had fun seeing what they would do each episode.

fallagin

Forgot to post about watching this.

Gundam build fighters:

I know that everyone here loves this, but I just couldn't get into it. It's hard to explain why, but it might be partly because of how hard they tried to push gunpla products on the show. I know that this is what all these kinds of shows are for, but the way they put it into your face so much makes it really hard for me to take the show seriously.

I also just dont like most of the characters and the conflicts in the show. They try to compare events on the show to events in earlier gundam shows and it comes up feeling really hollow. I always end up comparing the show to Yugioh and finding it on the bad end of the comparison. Pretty disappointing for me since i'm a pretty big gundam fan.

It's not all bad, but for me the bad outweighs the good.

Edit: I do have some hopes for season 2. Maybe they can pull off something better in round 2.

Dead

well not really...yet
The best thing about Hosanna's thread was the recommendations.
dat SAO recommendation

funny thread tho.

Im not sure how long hes been on gaf, but for sure animeGAF is different now compared to back in the day. A lot of the stuff posted and talked about now used to be frowned upon back in the days and discussion of said shows was essentially ridiculed, but with the forum getting bigger and more posters getting involved, its normal/inevitable that all types of animu would eventually find their place here. No need to go out and insult people tho, just let people enjoy what they enjoy. shrug.

I thought Kill la Kill became a bit of a mess by the second half. It seemed somewhat confused, thematically. The last episode was pretty poor too; I was hoping for some sort of ridiculously over the top final battle like Gurren Laggann had, but it just wasn't to be, I guess.

Nonon, Mako, and Nui were at least consistently entertaining! I had fun seeing what they would do each episode.

I agree with Nonon and Mako, but Nui heck no. I wanted to slap the living shit out of her so bad, she was so annoying. I literally wanted to shut that little trap of hers.

Tenumi

Banned
dat SAO recommendation

funny thread tho.

Im not sure how long hes been on gaf, but for sure animeGAF is different now compared to back in the day. A lot of the stuff posted and talked about now used to be frowned upon back in the days and discussion of said shows was essentially ridiculed, but with the forum getting bigger and more posters getting involved, its normal/inevitable that all types of animu would eventually find their place here. No need to go out and insult people tho, just let people enjoy what they enjoy. shrug.

Heck, I love To LOVE-ru so much, and I know how shameless it is, but I don't care. I'll call it my favorite series every day of the year.

This does remind me that I still need to watch the KissxSis OVAs...

Sort of strange that I like TLRD. But that might be because I don't really hate anyone in it.

Guess that's a step up from general haremshit.

Articalys

Jexhius' analysis posts about how the show seemed to have forgot/mangled a good number of the plot threads (no pun intended) that were in earlier episodes kind of helped me come to terms with the show not meeting expectations.

Would still love to hear some sort of long postmortem from the staff about what went on with the writing of the show, but sadly that's not really a thing that happens in the field of anime.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Or you know they only watch a few shows, generally whats available in English and aired on TV? I liked SAO but man the people who hate SAO are really annoying sometimes, its like they can't let people who enjoyed the show simply enjoy the show.

Yea, no, that isn't the way all of this is played. You can like a show to the hilt all day but arguments about quality are always going rage and if you feel the need to defend a show, you do need a bit more in the tank then just the fact that you liked it.

Dead

well not really...yet
Sort of strange that I like TLRD. But that might be because I don't really hate anyone in it.

Guess that's a step up from general haremshit.
Personally, I hate most moeshit and related product, but recently watched part of idolmaster and enjoyed it, and while I mostly hate the shit out of kyoani and key crap, I liked Clannad a lot.

I've been watching 4 shows this season. Matsutaro, Jojo, and Kendaichi. I was watching Haikyuu as well, but I'm sorta late on it. I've only seen the first 2 episodes of it, but I'll watch the rest eventually.

Matsutaro starts off with Matsutaro being very unlikable, but they ease up on his attitude after the 3rd episode (especially on the current one). They're also finally getting into the sumo wrestling. Nothing big yet, but he's just in training. So it'll take a while for things to kick off.

I'm starting to warm up to part 3 a little bit. I'm more enjoying the support characters, then the main character himself. Action is pretty good as well.

I still don't have much to say about Kendaichi. It's just a detective show, but with an even more unrealistic set-up for the main character. Then Detective Conan had. Detective anime's that aren't about some supernatural main character, or plot is rare. So I'll take whatever I can get.

I've been enjoying this season so far. Way better then the last, which I didn't even watch 1 show.

Date A Live II 5

I'm not sure how I feel about Miku, but Shiori is a wonderful addition to the cast XD
Well miku was made to be unlikable at first , she'll get better.
It makes me sad to hear that we are missing out on such entertaining-sounding material...
It's stupid things like
the why of the festival, why was shido choosen ( that part was totally cut ) , why does shido meets miku the following morning ? , tohka planning for the festival ( including all the stands she wanted to visit) , the fact that every spirit + origami saw trought shido disguise and the fact that because of origami being attired by shiori ( at least that how it look like to outsiders ) people will start to think that "as long it's an itsuka , origami would be ok with it, a simple but funny misunderstanding . shido changing into the male toilet ,causing problems when he exit as shiori, and then later trying the female toilets , ( but he enters as a male ) causing even more problems and plenty of other stupid stuff like that ...
But all this stuff is gone
...but I think I can answer this question.

The answer is "because DAMN YOU KADOKAWA AND YOUR TEN EPISODE SEASONS".
CURSE YOU 10 eps seasons !!!!

Going from the 3rd and final day of the JP CBT to this terribly produced show.... I don't even know how I'll be able to manage watching 5 minutes. :lol
Don't bother , i'm just in it to so how stupid this show can get , and it's not letting me down so far given how many characters die each episode.
There is no other reason to watch this.

Well then go watch HappinessCharge! Precure if you're complaining too much on this season sucking.

One reason like another to have fun.

Midonin

Fairy Tail 181

Bit of a middling episode. The gang split up to fight the Wolf Knights, but the fights only really started. Still a few segments that I liked and got some laughs from - the digression about apology letters and the return of Wendy's dislike of plums - but it's not enough to make up for an episode that felt like it was spinning its wheels. There'll be episodes like this from time to time, so no big deal.

Next Week: Lucy Heartfilia Dies in Magma

Personally, I hate most moeshit and related product, but recently watched part of idolmaster and enjoyed it, and while I mostly hate the shit out of kyoani and key crap, I liked Clannad a lot.

Funny you mention this, as I showed someone who wasn't a fan of anime, but he liked idolm@ster. And I submitted it as a joke because I didn't think people would like it.

Clov

I agree with Nonon and Mako, but Nui heck no. I wanted to slap the living shit out of her so bad, she was so annoying. I literally wanted to shut that little trap of hers.

That's why I loved her! She'd just show up and literally ruin everything that was going on. I found it much more entertaining than infuriating.

Defuser

Moral of the story? Don't let Branduil or Dresden create anymore OT for a particular anime. It seem to have a negative effect of perception.

Dead

well not really...yet
Funny you mention this, as I showed someone who wasn't a fan of anime, but he liked idolm@ster. And I submitted it as a joke because I didn't think people would like it.
lol, it's just shockingly well produced, and it's cool to see just how invested in the show the director is when you realize just how personally involved in the whole thing he is. Feels a lot more authentic, and the show benefits, dude just obviously really like idolmaster haha

Zetsubou Sensei actually was licensed at one point, by Media Blasters; but they didn't do anything with it and eventually lost the license. The exact same thing happened to another anime I really love, Moyashimon. I'm a little doubtful they'll be brought over here (Zetsubou Sensei requiring a large translation effort, Moyashimon having a very limited audience), but I'd love to see them get Blu-Ray releases at some point.

Yep, typical Media Blasters. By what I have read about their recent releases, things don't seem to be doing well. I mean these discs are practically screaming bootleg! http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?9844-Otoboku-Maidens-Are-Falling-For-Me-Complete-Collection-%28AnimeWorks-Classics%29&p=237257&viewfull=1#post237257

CAPTAIN EARTH - 01

This is like the longest sequence i could think of to build a mecha in anime.
And what a costly and complex system !
You need 3 portails in orbit , 1 rockets , a command unit shapped like a gun and what seems to be a compatible human too ?

Damn.

"Are you a captain ? "

And from the first episode , youalready have factions that are not happy with a giant robot ? I fear already for the future !

Midonin

For me, I enjoy every season - it's not a contest. Plus the shows I like are usually ones like GochiUsa or Love Live. (Or Wixoss?) One reason why I'm glad for next season is the return of multiple magical girl series. Illya 2wei, Crystal, Momo Kyun Sword. Magical girls and daily life are probably my two favorite genres, and even if you only get one of those in a season, it can be a Non Non Biyori.

Plus I like to try out things outside my favorite genres from time to time, but it's all a matter of perspective. Every season is neither worse nor better - merely different. And that's not even accounting for long running shows. At a time when KLK and Samumenco were at the height of their hype, I was invested in the Rainbow Live finale.

Anime's tough because the fandom only has a few shows large enough to become their own fandoms, so everyone else is more trying to get along over something broadly similar. It doesn't always work out, but I think it does most of the time.

Clov

Yep, typical Media Blasters. By what I have read about their recent releases, things don't seem to be doing well. I mean these discs are practically screaming bootleg! http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?9844-Otoboku-Maidens-Are-Falling-For-Me-Complete-Collection-%28AnimeWorks-Classics%29&p=237257&viewfull=1#post237257

Wow, that's seriously incredible. I never really was a fan of Media Blasters, but that's a new level of cheapness. And I thought Sentai was lazy.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

If he had grudges against individual members, he should have at least had the decency to confront them here instead of taking a public shit on a community that, by and large, has never treated him with anything other than respect. I understand that he has psychological imbalances that are beyond his control, but I'm disappointed with the ugly manner in which he chose to end his time here.

I hope he finds the help that he needs, and, as others have said, learns not to emotionally invest himself so deeply in a thread on an internet forum. It's been the downfall of others here and it's not healthy.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
CAPTAIN EARTH - 01

This is like the longest sequence i could think of to build a mecha in anime.
And what a costly and complex system !
You need 3 portails in orbit , 1 rockets , a command unit shapped like a gun and what seems to be a compatible human too ?

Damn.

"Are you a captain ? "

And from the first episode , youalready have factions that are not happy with a giant robot ? I fear already for the future !

I think the biggest problem Captain Earth has and indeed what really sunk it for me was something Bennet the Sage once brought up, that this is a title that confused density and obtuseness for intrigue.

Gundam 00 S2 - 24

Did...Tiera just activate...a Gundam Gurren Lagann?

Don't think you can redeem yourself by showing me that awesome thing 00 S2, cause you're still a pretty bad show.

But anyways, it's final boss time!

Ok, when I'm this far into a show and it's right before the final boss, usually what I do is post a link to that one track of the awesome Fairy Tail OST to show my hype. But seeing as Gundam 00 isn't exactly a good show, here's a final boss theme that fits the show, and the hype I have for its final battle much better.

huh happiness charge precure 14

they kinda did a 3 person henshin sequence that isn't just cut together, well they still kinda is, but its a bit better.

and yellow has too much thighs, this is a kids show, how lewd.

cnet128

Banned
huh happiness charge precure 14

they kinda did a 3 person henshin sequence that isn't just cut together, well they still kinda is, but its a bit better.

and yellow has too much thighs, this is a kids show, how lewd.

I thought this was supposed to be like Heartcatch, not Fresh!

Wow, that's seriously incredible. I never really was a fan of Media Blasters, but that's a new level of cheapness. And I thought Sentai was lazy.

It certainly is something else. I'm glad the Classics Collection of Doujin Work wasn't that way, or at least my copy was not. I'm not sure what you mean by Sentai being lazy, unless you mean the Blu-ray video authoring at times.

Going back to the previous comment, there are numerous series that I would love to see licensed for physical release in the States. My current imports include the first season of Minami-ke, GJ-bu/GJ-bu@, and Code Geass: Nunnally in Wonderland. I imported these sets solely because I do not see them being licensed anytime soon, which is saddening but at least I now have something to show for support to the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom