• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Cap'n Earth 3

E7tBwdT.gif

Lookit me, mama! I'ma REEL HAXXOR!

So Hana is now Best Girl, not that there was any real disputing this point beforehand, I suppose, but it's pretty undeniable now. Magic Squirrel can die in a fire, though. So done with Magic Squirrels for Girls.

Delicious transformation sequence must've cost a lot of the budget since it is getting reused. Thankfully, you can reuse a transformation sequence a million times and call it an "homage" to the way it was done in the good ol days! Serious Star Drive vibes during the singing bit.

And before I forget, "Salty Dog" is the most hilarious name for an organization ever. So many jokes about this guy being Salty Dog run through my mind. I commend him on his bastard's smirk, but what really sells me on him is the tin can and string scene being done with a paper cup and a LASER BEAM.

Narag

Cap'n Earth 3

So Hana is now Best Girl, not that there was any real disputing this point beforehand, I suppose, but it's pretty undeniable now. Magic Squirrel can die in a fire, though. So done with Magic Squirrels for Girls.

Eagerly awaiting your recanting come episode 4.

cajunator

Banned
Hi animegaf!

Just found out Madoka was on US Netflix. About four episodes in now, enjoying the mood, loving the music.

As someone who's got very little exposure to anything but the more popular titles, keeping up with the KLK hype threads recently makes me want to dive in headfirst. Just going to work my way through the essentials for now, and whatever's easily available on netflix.

Welcome to animegaf! No matter what shows you enjoy someone will inevitably think its shit so just something to be aware of lol. Looking forward to your Madoka impressions!

Dammit Jexhius, you're not helping with this itch I have to re-watch Eureka 7.

I'm so glad they never decided to sully the show with a sequel.

Yall are in such denial. Its pretty adorable.

Yep, Takane looks great in everything
and nothing
. Best IM@S girl, at least until Cinderella Girls airs and ranking hell begins.

Edit: cajuuuuun

:D

Great minds think alike you know!

Eusis

Welcome to animegaf! No matter what shows you enjoy someone will inevitably think its shit so just something to be aware of lol. Looking forward to your Madoka impressions!
Not only is that the nature of the internet but at least one person seems to have opinions that are almost the polar opposite of everyone else's, so there's that.

And man, I wanted to finally get through Jojo Battle Tendency, but Crunchyroll on PS3 started playing episode 2 choppily then crashed altogether when i backed out and restarted. That's enough reason for me to go with Netflix if I can help it on some shows like Madoka, especially now they realized people don't always want dubs (and also would like subtitles)!

Hunter x HUnter - 129

KILUUUUAAAA KILLUUUAAAAAAA

You're just too good, total respect.

Big thumb up for
Kamui full charged mode

This shit is soo good , sooooo good.

Hunter%20X%20Hunter%20-%20129.jpg

Oh yeeeaaah

I want more of THIS
i want more of THIS

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yes I am aware that the only things about the Wind Rises that are true are his name, that he was Japanese and he designed planes and pretty much the rest is make believe. But still, if you didn't know that the film is presented as a bio pic and so you could come away believing it to be a true to life story. I'm just asking if there are any other animations told in this style.

Thatsthejoke.jpg
This is either a great gift or a curse that none of my posts get taken seriously.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is either a great gift or a curse that none of my posts get taken seriously.

Millennium Actress would count if you weren't familiar with Japanese cinema.

Theonik

Sorry but Killua being a badass doesn't reach manly orgasmic levels of pissed off gon threatening people, so I can only imagine what badass gon will do.

Even Hisoka agrees on gon levels.

survivor

Banned
Yes I am aware that the only things about the Wind Rises that are true are his name, that he was Japanese and he designed planes and pretty much the rest is make believe. But still, if you didn't know that the film is presented as a bio pic and so you could come away believing it to be a true to life story. I'm just asking if there are any other animations told in this style.
I suppose something like Tatsumi be what you are looking for? I only read the manga which was great, but I don't know if the adaptation is any good.

Clov

So uh, has Funi said when this year they're going to be releasing the Cowboy Bebop blu rays in the US? All i can find is the announcement from last summer.

I read a rumor somewhere that it'll release this holiday season. It's only a rumor, though. I really want to upgrade from my Bandai DVD set too.

cajunator

Banned
Gundam Build Fighters 01

Great music, great animation, great characters, great fun story, this show is just great.
It also has a short haired cute girl in it. This really is Angelic Layer with Gundams. This is incredibly fun!

Midonin

Fairy Musketeers 07-09

Okay, I take that back. Briar Rose needs to use a Sweet Phone, too. The series did spend a good amount of time in the human world, but it looks like for the foreseeable future, we're going to be in Phandavale. Which means this series is despite all surface elements, less of a magical girl show and more of a straight up fantasy show, like Digimon or Dog Days. I'm okay with that. A simple anime like this provides a nice break from the various crazies I encountered during my time on The List.

Even in a fantasy world, everyone still treats Ringo like their personal wallets. Come to think of it, the Three Musketeers are magical girls, Souta's got the protagonist power, so that leaves Ringo as the only truly ordinary human in the cast. True to her role, she's also the most levelheaded of the group. I'm not going to say best girl, because Snow White's pomposity and Yukarin's Yukariness are appealing on their own. I think I've figured out where the series is going, but I'll wait until it gets there before it does. Wonder if Hamelin is going to return. His design was too unique to use for only one episode.

Oh, and the team's non-Hiyama mascot is named Kyupi. And that name's only a few syllables off. Will every mascot be retroactively tainted by the red-eyed weasel?

cajunator

Banned
Gundam Build Fighters 02

Who exactly is Reiji? Im sure the mystery will be revealed soon. Oh god this show is too much fun. China is hyperdorable too. The music remains upbeat, catchy and really damned good. This is one of those hidden gem shows isnt it?

Black Bullet 6

Show continues to be really rather good. Tina is still amazing, though I seem to have inadvertently spoiled myself on where the show is going with her while using Wikipedia (JP) to remind myself of character names.
She seemed to be listed as Kisara's Initiator, which makes me happy since it suggests she'll be sticking around. Still, I hate it when Wikipedia manages to spoil things through the very layout of the character section >.> Character descriptions I can avoid reading, but that's just cheating!

If it's in the OP, is it really a spoiler?

A video promised me a collaboration of Pharrell Williams and hatsu miku or whatever her name is. Normally I wouldn't listen to what's her face because her music is utter crap to my ears. Personally I only like Pharrell with daft punk. But I clicked. What I got was many minutes of non stop hatsu miku close ups of her dancing alongside that weird crap voice singing and a horrible beat. I am left scarred. Both visually and with my ears.
IbhZAhW.gif

I need counseling. Hatsu Miku you've ruined me.

Narag

Gundam Build Fighters 02

Who exactly is Reiji? Im sure the mystery will be revealed soon. Oh god this show is too much fun. China is hyperdorable too. The music remains upbeat, catchy and really damned good. This is one of those hidden gem shows isnt it?

lol

Wait, so the fact that Reiji
is a space alien prince or something like that never gets resolved? It's just thrown out there and never brought up again? Wow. >_<

Gundam Build Fighters - 6

I love how Sei's mom is loving the time Sei spends with China. I'm with her on that ship. Those two are adorable together.

Also, DAT FIGHT. Was practically on the edge of my seat on this one.
Sucks that they lost though, but I kinda saw it coming later on in the fight. They definitely won't lose at the finals though!

Man, I'm loving this. And Cajun and I haven't even gotten into what are apparently the best parts of the show yet!

cajunator

Banned
Gundam Build Fighters 03

Oh so thats what Reiji is. I'll buy that explanation because this show is way too enjoyable.
So Sei will build/improve the Gunpla and Reiji will fight with it? Whatever works.
China is way too adorable for words. Sei's mom is a goddess. I cant stop watching this.

A video promised me a collaboration of Pharrell Williams and hatsu miku or whatever her name is. Normally I wouldn't listen to what's her face because her music is utter crap to my ears. Personally I only like Pharrell with daft punk. But I clicked. What I got was many minutes of non stop hatsu miku close ups of her dancing alongside that weird crap voice singing and a horrible beat. I am left scarred. Both visually and with my ears.
IbhZAhW.gif

I need counseling. Hatsu Miku you've ruined me.

Link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom