• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

So did syoboi just forget to update the other channels? Since it's still showing one airing episode 7 today.

Syoboi hasn't been reliable with smaller channels for a long time now. No one updates those in a timely manner and they don't matter so no one cares anyway.

Articalys

Syoboi hasn't been reliable with smaller channels for a long time now. No one updates those in a timely manner and they don't matter so no one cares anyway.
Then I say they shouldn't include them on their schedule list if they're not gonna be dilligent about updating them!

Well, at any rate, at least now I know it's a global break. Wonder what the special is about.

duckroll

Then I say they shouldn't include them on their schedule list if they're not gonna be dilligent about updating them!

Well, at any rate, at least now I know it's a global break. Wonder what the special is about.

It's like a wiki though. It's not exactly a site run by one person. I heard the special is live action interviews with the director and the cast or something. Too bad CR isn't subbing it, might be interesting.

cnet128

Banned
So did syoboi just forget to update the other channels? Since it's still showing one airing episode 7 today.

edit: guess they did. How annoying.

I guess you could say Syoboi Calendar is a pretty…syoboi calendar! ololololol

Translator's Note: syoboi means shabby

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 7:

Not every battle in Jojo can be a gem and this is one of them, at least at this point all of the battles take up less the an episode so we can move quickly to the next encounter. Something that is all too rare in shonen. Yea, as other have pointed out underaged girl ass is alright but Jotaro smoking remains off limits. Good to know that they have the best of priorities at hand.

JoJo Stardust Crusaders Episode 7:

This episode was bananas.

But really, this one showed more the bizarre in Jojo's Bizarre adventure. A Orangutan sea captain smoking and with a Playboy. Uh.

The censure with cigarette was funny: not a problem with the blood and violence, but a smoke is bad example!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I went through all the Cinderella Girls and came up with an initial list.

cg.jpg

I just had to include that Miyako face. It just cracks me up for some reason.

Tenumi

Banned
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders: 7

This episode was so ridiculous. Awesome though. Shows like this are at their best when they're just so fun to watch.

Stardust Crusaders 07

This show has some of the weirdest censorship I've ever seen.
I swear the guy getting impaled in the head was censored less then the shark's corpse.
One of my favorite Stand users was showcased today
and since he was a orangutan and got the shit beaten out of him pretty solidly I wonder how a later fight might go
We're literally at monster of the week pace now. But since the Stands are getting more interesting about now, it should be fine.

Gundam Build Fighters - 11

Hey it's the Dynames!

Yeesh Fellini, how many girlfriends did you steal in your life?

Haha, it's the two Gundams that the Frost Brothers use in Gundam X. I love how
they shouted "NIISAN" when it got blown up. I gotta go back to Gundam X and see if it went out in the same way.

Whoa, so
this Chairman dude knows Reiji? What, is he an alien too?

Midonin

Date A Live II 06

There's a lot to like in this episode. Two image songs - one from Miku and one from Tohka - the return of the twins, and an aerial battle going on above it all. Tohka's insistence that playing the tambourine was an honor was adorable, and I'm always glad to have the twins around. The whole performing in maid outfits thing also gave me brief flashbacks to SoreMachi. It felt very much like a "Part 2" kind of story, but it was enjoyable. Everyone has their part to play, and it involves music. I can't dislike something that gives me future song collection material.

And it's not the only show I'm watching today that'll be doing that.

phaze

Escaflowne of the Heavens 02

Well then now THIS is more like it. HELL YES.
They also introduced what I presume is best girl until further notice.
Oh yeah. The music in this is pretty fucking rad too.
Why can't we control our boners.png

More like the worst till 2/3 more episodes.
You'll know best girl the moment she makes an appearance.
And yup the music is great.

Escaflowne of the Heavens 05

So.Good.

The very best.

Trigun 13
Come to think of it this insurance company doesn't seem to care much about the welfare of its employees. "Go find the most wanted and dangerous man in the world and stop him from destroying our clients properties". Great plan.

Trigun 14

I've cracked it, Milly is the secret final villain.

Midonin

Riddle Story of Devil 07

Highlander Syndrome? We've already gotten some hints that something's not quite right with Haru, so this isn't terribly out of place, but still a bit surprising. This is the first time that the "riddle" part of the story has extended beyond those text messages that make up the episode titles, and a less bloody change of pace that doubled as a swimsuit episode was welcome. And on a slightly more important note, I'm counting that as a kiss. The yuri level just went up another notch.

I recognize the riddle for the next episode preview. I was first exposed to it in Yu-Gi-Oh! of all places, with the Paradox brothers. Makes me want to watch that Abridged episode again.

jgminto

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 7

That was a good version of Strength. It's never been one of my favourite early battles but I think the music really elevated the creepy tone this episode. I loved the piano version of the action theme that played at certain moments. Forever also seemed a lot creepier in this episode than in the manga, it was probably due to the long cuts of him staring. This episode also had one of my favourite lines from all of Stardust Crusaders:
It's such a simple, yet hilarious moment and it's a perfect example of why Polnareff is so good. I noticed in the preview that
it referenced the "among us there is a traitor" so I wonder if it will be the next two fights in the next episode? Or is that just from right at the end of the next?

Well I went through all the Cinderella Girls and came up with an initial list.

cg.jpg

I just had to include that Miyako face. It just cracks me up for some reason.
Tokiko was another one who narrowly missed my list. Can't say I remember that much about the others, though Kate is the least surprising choice ever.

jgminto

Why is this thread infested with gross-ass idolmaster? Here's the truth, all your idolmaster waifus are terrible. They are an inferior breed of waifu.

I'm inclined to agree with jgminto, but I'm also afraid he'll start posting Free husbandos.

So let's call ourselves temporary allies for justice. Justice for "let's not make it awkward for those at work"

cnet128

Banned
Ping Pong 6

I've pretty much given up on ever actually forming attachments to these characters or a cohesive opinion on how I feel about the show as a whole or any kind of proper understanding of the narrative.

But I'll be damned if that robot wasn't cool. lol "Shingeki no Robo".

Random karaoke insert song and Peko character development were fun too.

Dead Leaves
Well this is a thing. A very insane movie. Definitely seeing some similar things with FLCL. The whole baby growing up thing so fast was insane

If this episode of Jojo doesn't make me regain interest I might drop it until people tell me it got epic. Because I don't want to watch a show that's a chore to convince myself to watch weekly.

Chariot

If this episode of Jojo doesn't make me regain interest I might drop it until people tell me it got epic. Because I don't want to watch a show that's a chore to convince myself to watch weekly.
If you don't like Jojo as it is right now, I doubt that you want to watch further. Just wait and let people post gifs and videos of the best scenes.

fertygo

Ping Pong 6

I've pretty much given up on ever actually forming attachments to these characters or a cohesive opinion on how I feel about the show as a whole or any kind of proper understanding of the narrative.

But I'll be damned if that robot wasn't cool. lol "Shingeki no Robo".

Random karaoke insert song and Peko character development were fun too.

Smile I can understand, its seem the author intentionally jumping his character progress, but to Wenge? man I feel its hard to not feel attached with him at this point, you want root for the damn guy yo.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Tokiko was another one who narrowly missed my list. Can't say I remember that much about the others, though Kate is the least surprising choice ever.
18+ and short hair was mostly my criteria. Well Tokiko breaks the hair rule but when I see an image like that and her listed hobby is punishing I really have no choice but to add her. Also I thought three from each category made for a fair selection. He he, when I saw Kate was from England I just knew I had to list her. It's basically expected of me.

Why is this thread infested with gross-ass idolmaster? Here's the truth, all your idolmaster waifus are terrible. They are an inferior breed of waifu.
Kiss my chuddies. It's not infested, like only two of us have posted a list so far. A new series was announced and we're familiarising ourselves with the characters. Is that so bad?

If you don't like Jojo as it is right now, I doubt that you want to watch further. Just wait and let people post gifs and videos of the best scenes.

But people keep telling me there's better stuff to come. Like the old OVA battle scene is very sweet. But I'm afraid this anime will stylize it with "menacing" and not make it nearly as serious. Not to say stylized stuff is bad, just that the OVA was really awesome animation-wise.

Gazoinks

But people keep telling me there's better stuff to come. Like the old OVA battle scene is very sweet. But I'm afraid this anime will stylize it with "menacing" and not make it nearly as serious. Not to say stylized stuff is bad, just that the OVA was really awesome animation-wise.

Eh, Part 3 is mostly episodic and really silly. It'll continue more or less in this mode (getting progressively wackier) for a while, before turning up the badassery near the end. I haven't watched the OVA, but I hear it tried to make the content a lot darker?

Shit if that's the case I might just drop it. The cast of characters isn't doing it for me besides Old JoJo, but he was the reason I liked part 2 anyways. I'll come back to it when the badass is turned up I guess. So temp drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom