• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm giving Captain Earth some time before it reaches a general consensus of either great or shit. So far from what I've heard it's in the middle if only slightly leaning towards good. But I'll wait for future impressions to see if that good becomes great.

Branduil

Because its another example of how a good thing can be ruined with forced drama and romance, worst movie this year so far.

Only good part was Interstellar trailer and Into the Storm.

There was like, 5 minutes of romance in the movie at most.

Into the Storm looks like the Twister sequel that no one asked for. Although it wasn't as bad as the trailer for "LOL you only use 10% of your brain unlock the remaining 90% to gain magical powers" starring Black Widow and Lucius Fox.

Is no one watching Captain Earth for the story?

There's been little to no development in any story though. It's been world building and characters. And I can't stand some of the leads either, specifically hacker girl. She's like 'HURR HURR CATCHPHRASE'

At least laser paper cup dude exists. Who came up with that idea? lol

That's the show at its best. Dumb.

It's like somebody hired the 'needlessly complicated technology' guys that have worked on James Bond films. Well besides the recent one. I liked how they were making fun of the more ridiculous James Bond gadgets and the guy was like "no it's just a pen. Jesus"

Narag

I would have figured with all the pictures you guys post on twitter, the story hasn't be that serious, but I guess I'm only getting the lewd filtered view of the anime lol

If the aliens get to Earth, humanity goes extinct. Two plans are in place: repel the invasion or hightail it out on a ship with the chosen few to preserve humanity. Factions fight internally over this to create unnecessary drama!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If the aliens get to Earth, humanity goes extinct. Two plans are in place: repel the invasion or hightail it out on a ship with the chosen few to preserve humanity. Factions fight internally over this to create unnecessary drama!

Wheres the plan where you marry the daughter of the aliens' leader?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Is it that bad already?

It really is just Star Driver robbed of the camp, which was its one big redeeming quality.

This is where we stand after six episodes. SIX EPISODES.

5zzmCwg.png

(shamelessly stolen from /a/)

A story doesn't have to be serious to be good. When I get to Captain Earth, I want to see a kid in a giant robot punching the shit out of a bad guy in a giant robot to the tune of an awesome soundtrack playing in the background.

Gundam Build Fighters: 12 - 14

Episode 12 was Shingeki No Zaku. Awesome.

Episode 13 had Gundam baseball. Sogood.gif

Episode 14 had Gundam Mario Kart. MORE. I WANT MORE.

Oh and more on episode 14, that chairman is a dick. What's this guy's beef with Sei and Reiji getting to the finals? Why the hell is he
deliberatively hiring Gunpla MAFIA (I can't believe that's actually a thing, this show lol) to stop them?

But damn. Sucks that they lost the race because of that man. Even with the help of the mighty Ramba Ral they still couldn't take back the lead. I was shaking in my seat during that entire comeback scene, hoping they could make it....but no. Second place. :(

Joe Molotov

Yeah, I'm gonna just keep watching for the bellybuttons.

Edit: lol @ the "Hurry up and do Hitomi-chan already!" That computer just wants some sweet, sweet vicarious lovin'.

It really is just Star Driver robbed of the camp, which was its one big redeeming quality.

This is where we stand after six episodes. SIX EPISODES.

(shamelessly stolen from /a/)

They made that chart more complicated than it needed lol. It isn't a very logical anime so far with its plot, but whoever made that wanted to overcomplicate it to prove his/her point.

Like when somebody tries to prove that a premise of a show sounds stupid by oversimplifying it and talking like a special ed kid. Anything sounds bad like that.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 7

Season of the Brown girls is brought to you by a naked brown girl (for most of the episode)

And a lot of shipping

Clov

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 07

I had a feeling that the ape would have a stand. I completely lost it when I found out that it was the ENTIRE BOAT though. It's silly things like that that remind me why I watch Jojo.

Andrew J.

ゴジラ (2014)

The soldier protagonist and his family really are quite dull, and have way too much screentime. Fortunately everything else is at least decent, and the monsters are excellent. The sense of scale is conveyed excellently, even better than Pacific Rim, I'd say. If all CG looked this good no one could complain about the inevitable :duckroll future.

So guys I've watched 10 episodes of Code Geass and stopped and then started resuming it again. But I've been wondering at what point does it get wackier like some people suggest.

jman2050

So guys I've watched 10 episodes of Code Geass and stopped and then started resuming it again. But I've been wondering at what point does it get wackier like some people suggest.

Episode 14ish is roughly the first jumping point and the second more permanent one you'll know right away because it's just that stupid.

Really hyped for the return of Sailor Moon to the US. I hope the new dub is handled well, because it would be really great to see a quality dub. Either way, getting an official release of the show is awesome. It's nice to see this announcement shortly after the CCS announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom