• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering how do you guys feel about Suzaku from Code Geass, do you hate him or like him?

And if you do like him you can see more of him in Mahouka I guess :)

I liked Suzaku more because he kicked ass and he (show spoilers do not read)
only had one waifu he loved dearly and never replaced, while Ledouche had like 3 and fucking couldn't decide who to love
. I mean I understand that he was supposed to be a typical shonen protagonist put as second fiddle for the sake of showcasing just how different of a protagonist lelouch is. But the hate he got simply because he wasn't always on LULU KAWAII DESU's side was stupid and the fanbase can suck it.

Also he spinned my heart right round baby right round.

Spring season OPs:

Best music -- This game (No Game No Life)
Best animation -- three-way-tie between STAND PROUD (JJBA Stardust Crusaders), Tada Hitori (Ping Pong), and STEP (Nisekoi)

Best overall -- Believers High (Captain Earth)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Admittedly I haven't gotten around to watching every single OP from the season -- there's like fifty of them -- but from the majority that I've seen those are the ones I feel get the top spots. There are certainly a number of songs I like though.

Bonus random awards:
Cutest and most addicting song -- Daydream café (Gochiusa)
Most calming -- Shiver (Mushishi S2)
Sports show OP that gets me most in the mood for the sport in question -- Believe in yourself (Baby Steps)
Stupidest song name -- killy killy JOKER (WIXOSS)
Most hotblooded song -- Kenzen Robo Daimidaler (...duh)
Best(?) use of dubstep -- BRYNHILDR IN THE DARKNESS -Ver.EJECTED- (...also duh)

Best composer of every season -- kz

As much as I like NGNL and Captain Earth's opening, for me Rising Hope opening by LiSA in Mahouka is better. But then again I like Mekakucity Actor's opening compared to Captain Earth and maybe NGNL.

JCG

I've been wondering how do you guys feel about Suzaku from Code Geass, do you hate him or like him?

Suzaku is easy to hate if you're seeing things from Lelouch's POV, since he's ruining his plans and preaching about it. But that's sort of the point of a foil.

He is actually pretty interesting as a character though (even in R2), pilots a cool mecha, and spins around...right from Code Geass episode one, in fact!

Unfortunately...nothing about the equivalent Mahouka guy, nor Mahouka as a series in general, interests me.

OH FUCK ME

I'M DONE. I'M DONE. I'M DYING

Garzey's Wing episode 3 dubbing at its finest

"The other Chris is using all of my energy"

"THEN I WANT YOU TO TAKE ANY ENERGY YOU NEED. FROM ME"

*camera zooms in on breasts*

*nothing happens*

LAWL.

cajunator

Banned
I watched that both subbed and dubbed to. That's a pretty good show. It is my roommates favorite show next to Kenichi. Actually one time he told me he wanted to get a tattoo of Kosuna.

you are wise. Have a penguin. Prosper.

OH FUCK ME

I'M DONE. I'M DONE. I'M DYING

Garzey's Wing episode 3 dubbing at its finest

"The other Chris is using all of my energy"

"THEN I WANT YOU TO TAKE ANY ENERGY YOU NEED. FROM ME"

*camera zooms in on breasts*

*nothing happens*

LAWL.

G O A T

He's an active and violent collaborator with an apartheid state who has the gall to be self righteous about it. In a show full of contemptible people, he's among the worst.

B Gata H Kei 1 (Re-Watch; Dub)
b-gata-h-kei_01-00.jpg

Woofington talking about pitching tents instead of nosebleeds....... Well here you go!

I forgot how hilarious the Eros Deities are. Also I didn't realize how most of the actors in this are also from Baka & Test. Score! What else can you say. This is a fun first episode.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Best portrayal of chuuni in anime.

What a great show it was.

wonzo

Banned
Finished Hannibal S1 and I can certainly see why it gets such heavy praise due to the (mostly) great casting and the impeccably striking visuals throughout the entire series. My only complaint is the contrast between the incredibly grotesque and detailed crime scenes and the rather non existent use of vulgar language though I'm starting to think it's intentional to put emphasis on the eerie nature of Lector's existence and place in the series. Hopefully S2 delivers on this front.

tru dick = boardwalk empire > fargo = hannibal > mad men >>>>>>>>>>>>>> thronies

Finished Hannibal S1 and I can certainly see why it gets such heavy praise due to the (mostly) great casting and the impeccably striking visuals throughout the entire series. My only complaint is the contrast between the incredibly grotesque and detailed crime scenes and the rather non existent use of vulgar language though I'm starting to think it's intentional to highlight Lector's existence and place in the series.

tru dick = boardwalk empire > fargo = hannibal > mad men >>>>>>>>>>>>>> thronies

Man we seem to have pretty similar tastes in tv dramas.

And yes, the show is pretty mild in language, but I blame that more on having somewhat high intellect psychos being the two lead characters, and not to mention it's on national television. Everything is just classy up the wazoo, so having vulgar language wouldn't fit too well.

Continue on to season 2 btw. It's better for both fans and critics (higher metacritic score) and the recent episode was the most grotesque thing I've ever seen on television. Like this show's subtitle for the most part is "How is this on NBC?!: The Show"

Kamigami no Asobi 07

4mRY0qYl.jpg

Talking to the teacher got reduced to a montage since instead we get two sets of would be yanderes~

Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc V 05

BOGfN4Nl.jpg

How can you say no to such a face. Fun episode, stalker kid is cool and the duel looks like it'll be fun.

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin 06

Another enjoyable episode. Liked the treasure hunt this time and always fun hot springs time.

Ginga e Kickoff!! 22

Reika scored! And lol, was that a goal from like half the field?

Man that was quite a beating.

Atelier Escha & Logy 06

A mix of random characters event smashed together into an episode to try and have some coherence which fails terribly. Of course we also get time wasters in the dessert contest cause I guess the main plot or the actual main characters in the game isn't interesting enough.

wonzo

Banned
And yes, the show is pretty mild in language, but I blame that more on having somewhat high intellect psychos being the two lead characters, and not to mention it's on national television. Everything is just classy up the wazoo, so having vulgar language wouldn't fit too well.

Yeah, it's the classiness of it which really gets to me given the content of the show. It just feels weird.

Continue on to season 2 btw. It's better for both fans and critics (higher metacritic score) and the recent episode was the most grotesque thing I've ever seen on television. Like this show's subtitle for the most part is "How is this on NBC?!: The Show"

I certainly plan on it!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Have I time traveled back to my 3rd grade lunch room?

survivor

Banned
Finished Hannibal S1 and I can certainly see why it gets such heavy praise due to the (mostly) great casting and the impeccably striking visuals throughout the entire series. My only complaint is the contrast between the incredibly grotesque and detailed crime scenes and the rather non existent use of vulgar language though I'm starting to think it's intentional to put emphasis on the eerie nature of Lector's existence and place in the series. Hopefully S2 delivers on this front.

Fargo is pretty cool, love their humour. I just wish the show would ease up on the suspense of disbelief for the plans/coincidences cause they are getting pretty bad

true dick season 2 needs to come out faster

Man we seem to have pretty similar tastes in tv dramas.

Today I caught parts of the latest Hannibal episode while my brother was watching. The last 10 mins were pretty funny with that guy doing the disgusting thing. Find it hard to take the show seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom