• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Not Mercury/Neptune/Uranus.

</3

tumblr_n5mjj0SnBZ1s2zz8so9_500.png

sorry

Yeah, it's the classiness of it which really gets to me given the content of the show. It just feels weird.

I certainly plan on it!

The classiness I've always seen it as you said, the contrast to Hannibal Lecter. Here we have the epitome of the classy rich european with impeccable cooking skills and the wardrobe/taste of royalty. And he happens to be this gruesome cannibalistic murderer who feeds unsuspecting guests other people. Lol love that guy.

Fargo is pretty cool, love their humour. I just wish the show would ease up on the suspense of disbelief for the plans/coincidences cause they are getting pretty bad

Today I caught parts of the latest Hannibal episode while my brother was watching. The last 10 mins were pretty funny with that guy doing the disgusting thing. Find it hard to take the show seriously.

It was meant to be twisted and humorous, hence the dialogue of the party involved. Bryan Fuller has always enjoyed darker comedy than most give him credit for. I mean Pushing Daisies was all happy go lucky but it had its dark humor here and there. I wouldn't judge the show based off that one scene, it's a fantastic one. Especially if you're a fan of the Hannibal movies/novels. Mads makes for a fantastic Lecter, and the guy who plays Will is freaking great too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mercury is weak, it's all about Jupiter and Mars.

Mar is the worst.

Jupiter is cool though,

Neptune > Mercury > Uranus > Pluto > Jupiter > Saturn > Venus > Mars > Moon > Chibishit

cajunator

Banned
Mar is the worst.

Jupiter is cool though,

Neptune > Mercury > Uranus > Pluto > Jupiter > Saturn > Venus > Mars > Moon > Chibishit

I can accept a list that puts chibishit last.

If you people can't see why I'm laughing like a grade school boy considering their outfits and short skirts, then I need not explain. I mean I bet she's the butt of the jokes.

LAWL

Shes one of the most powerful senshi. She likes her cousin.

Guess Woofington is startled by Sailor Uranus because it's not his favorite... thing ironically.

Oh well, I'm right behind you on that one.

Link Man

Banned
So, I kind of find it odd that panty shots are considered lewd, yet we have commercials of women dancing around/lounging around in their underwear on daytime broadcast TV. Not to mention when anime girls go to a pool or beach, they can walk around in bikini briefs without being embarrassed.

Chariot

So, I kind of find it odd that panty shots are considered lewd, yet we have commercials of women dancing around/lounging around in their underwear on daytime broadcast TV. Not to mention when anime girls go to a pool or beach, they can walk around in bikini briefs without being embarrassed.
That is something that baffles me in real life. Girls in underwear? No no. Girls in Bikinis? A-ok.

It's culture and what it deems as acceptable. You only see girls in bikini in beaches/pools. Same reason a guy doesn't go around walking in boxers shirtless around town really. If I walked out with only my swimming trunks people would think "that guy is going to the pool" and not "that guy is going to jail". Seeing it anywhere else would be deemed not appropriate for the children and seriously I'm surprised none of you are thinking about them. Won't you please do it?

Link Man

Banned
It's culture and what it deems as acceptable. You only see girls in bikini in beaches/pools. Same reason a guy doesn't go around walking in boxers shirtless around town really. If I walked out with only my swimming trunks people would think "that guy is going to the pool" and not "that guy is going to jail". Seeing it anywhere else would be deemed not appropriate for the children and seriously I'm surprised none of you are thinking about them. Won't you please do it?

You think of the children enough for all of us.

CorvoSol

Getter Robo G 27

You know, the animation in these shows is sometimes not so hot, but I'll be damned if the backgrounds aren't always beautiful. The sunsets in Getter Robo are always a great way to end an episode.

survivor

Banned
It was meant to be twisted and humorous, hence the dialogue of the party involved. Bryan Fuller has always enjoyed darker comedy than most give him credit for. I mean Pushing Daisies was all happy go lucky but it had its dark humor here and there. I wouldn't judge the show based off that one scene, it's a fantastic one. Especially if you're a fan of the Hannibal movies/novels. Mads makes for a fantastic Lecter, and the guy who plays Will is freaking great too.
I have seen several other scenes and heard the audio of some episodes since my brother loves to blast the sound while watching it. Can't get into it, the way the dialogue is written just sounds bad to me. However it looks very good, lots of great shots from what I have seen.

You think of the children enough for all of us.

9yM4iNG.gif

Link Man I swear to god if you Kirby and Hitokage paint my image as :cnet meets :dtl meets :zach I will wag this finger furiously and write you a very passive aggressive letter.

I have seen several other scenes and heard the audio of some episodes since my brother loves to blast the sound while watching it. Can't get into it, the way the dialogue is written just sounds bad to me. However it looks very good, lots of great shots from what I have seen.

Eh shame, you're missing out. I wasn't interested at first until a friend sat down with me to watch it.

jman2050

Oh, chem jokes.

The epitome of nerdry, along with comp sci jokes, physics jokes, and math jokes.

Code:
while(!sempai.Notices(me))
{
    me.AppealTo(sempai);
}

?

It's all contextual. Acceptable personal boundaries differ in a pool/beach setting as opposed to a general public setting, which itself differs from a private home setting. Panty shots are lewd because you're not 'supposed' to see them.

wonzo

Banned
Fargo is pretty cool, love their humour. I just wish the show would ease up on the suspense of disbelief for the plans/coincidences cause they are getting pretty bad.
Well, the "real life" stuff at the beginning tries to lure the audience into giving it more leeway than they usually would but the trick really doesn't work like it did in the movie and/or doesn't work twice. Lorne still makes it worthwhile though.

survivor

Banned
Well, the "real life" stuff at the beginning tries to lure the audience into giving it more leeway than they usually would but the trick really doesn't work like it did in the movie and/or doesn't work twice. Lorne still makes it worthwhile though.

Yep, love Lorne, an Anton Chigurh like character but with good humour. Freeman's character is also great as well.

Nisekoi 19

This episode was animated with a potato.

Other than that....Chitoge-chan......

Best girl goin for it ;_;

This is wrong as literally every other girl is better than Chitoge with Onodera being the best girl.

Hence why she will never win. ;_;

It's alright Onodera was too good for brain dead Raku anyways.

Link Man

Banned
Captain Earth #7

Honestly, the random fanservice shots are starting to feel annoying and cheap.

Also OST fucking wheeeeen.

Yeah, the show's a bit baffling in this regard. One minute it's going on about how they're "just kids", and the next it's dressing them up in skin-tight uniforms that accentuates their assets.

Add in the whole libido thing with the Kiltgangs, and this show is getting a bit too sexual

CorvoSol

Zeta Gundam 27

Look everybody, it's Lt. Quattro! Also Jerrid gets bitchslapped by Yazan's empty glove. Because Yazan is batshit crazy and Jerrid is everyone's bitch.

Meanwhile Kamille is all up on Fa at the club and Bright is getting plastered and having uncomfortable insecurities about not being a good enough dad.

Yabai! Fukushuu Yami Site Episode 2

This actually shamed the whole incest thing in anime, as well as what happened in the last episode, although how it did it was.... well... a bit much, what with wanton kidnapping, suicide and torture, becoming a vile shit for the sake of revenge.

The torture segments had your mind break shenanigans, although, it's more like remembering why they are the way they are, and not pleasure overload.

there was a bit of scattershot aim about all in this, but quite frankly, it wasn't what I wanted.

and the guy commits suicide as well

It's realistic though in what people might do when bullied though. Can't get behind bully stuff really.

LordCanti

This is wrong as literally every other girl is better than Chitoge with Onodera being the best girl.

Hence why she will never win. ;_;

It's alright Onodera was too good for brain dead Raku anyways.

Onodera is garbage-tier. She's in the friend zone so deep that she'll never get out and she did it to herself.

I'm on team Chigumi. Why should Raku get best girl? Raku doesn't deserve any of them.

Gurren Lagann 2
Yoko is super duper fanservicey but I cannot deny that she is awesome and is a really good character with a nice personally. I like her a lot. Ron is just creepy. Nice guy but just really creepy. This episode was mostly about Kamina which is fine because he is probably one of the strongest characters in the show so far. I am guessing Simon will grow out of this pansy stage at some point... hopefully.

Good episode.

Onodera is garbage-tier. She's in the friend zone so deep that she'll never get out and she did it to herself.

I'm on team Chigumi. Why should Raku get best girl? Raku doesn't deserve any of them.

Raku is to blame for it. He's so dense that he can't tell that she's super into him. That and in the last episode she
asked him to kiss her and he fell asleep
. Like seriously? This is the girl he loves and claims to love talking with her and
he fell asleep
? What a cop out.

And Onodera is goddess tier. So good she makes the others look like hot garbage.

Gurren Lagann 2

Yoko is super duper fanservicey but I cannot deny that she is awesome and is a really good character with a nice personally. I like her a lot. Ron is just creepy. Nice guy but just really creepy. This episode was mostly about Kamina which is fine because he is probably one of the strongest characters in the show so far. I am guessing Simon will grow out of this pansy stage at some point... hopefully.

Good episode.

There's a reason everybody had Kamina glasses for a while. He's that awesome of a character. Probably one of the best.

Black Lagoon 9

Best maid in anime?

Seriously though how did she get on the roof?

Yes best maid in anime and the answer to the spoiler is
because she's the termaidnator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom