• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only fear large dogs.

4c1WBhO.jpg

*dramatic music*

Black Bullet Episodes 1 & 2
This doesnt feel as apocalyptic as it was made out to be but im interested and enjoying the show so far, lots of lollies tho :p. I am also glad that this doesnt seem to be a harem

Superflat

Also realized that some of the voice actors are also some of the actors they use in KLK. All the fight sequences were well done and fun to watch.

Yeah, the guy who voices Sanageyama in KLK is instantly recognizable in anything he's in (Viral), Yoko's VA did Maiko, Kamina voices Tsumugu in KLK. There's other notable ones as well but they're characters you haven't seen yet.

Articalys

One Week Friends 6-7

I feel terrible for Shogo. Every day dude's got to be like "I want my friend to be happy but god damn can he be insecure."

Dead

well not really...yet
That never ending sword bit in GL was great. Still wonder if it was intentional or not as IIRC that episode was outsourced to Xebec

Someone told me the complete opposite a few pages back.

That person was right. While it didn't bother me watching it for the first time, episode 4 of TTGL is the worst episode. Animation is really sub-par in that one. Thankfully it was only for that episode and didn't affect the rest of the series.

He's the lord of all bros, just adds to his broawesome

No sorry. Lord of Bros title has been given to Makoto Sunakawa in Ore Monogatari. Not only would he never willingly take a girl his uglier/manlier best bud would ever go for, he straight up rejects them and basically tells them to go fuck themselves if they speak shit about his best bud behind his back. He shows no emotions outside of enjoyment for his best friend's happiness. And thinks about his feelings first and foremost.

bT3GbQ8.jpg

"Why would I ever date a girl who speaks shit about my best friend behind his back?"

Also yes this is a plug to get more people to read Ore Monogatari.

So MANY DEATH FLAGS AROUND - Kanojo ga flag wo Oraretara - 07

Some light problems with animation , like people talking but their mouth wasn't moving but overall this episode was alright.

But this episode went all out in term of story and plot / forshadowing
Damn that's intense i mean so many deaths
and that bit with the ship raised more questions than it provided answers.
Kanojo%20ga%20Flag%20wo%20Oraretara%20-%2007.jpg

And then the next question is : who is your grand-father again ? That twist was not expected.
So mei broke the main character death flag by force, seems convenient ..BUT NO , the flag is bound to come back ( it's an automatic process ) and mei lost her memory thanks to Sakura !
What a twist !in effect it just add 1 more girl to the party necessary to raid the final boss lair , but still that appearance is kinda like a #gamechanger if you pay attention to all the clues since episode 2.

Meanwhile , i fear that the next event will put 1 girl in the cast on the opposite side of the spectrum..
Oh and student concil president was conquered !! I know you're different now , but please choose between "boku" or "atashi" ..that's the basis of the basis.

I'm legit surprised by how coherent the whole thing is , considering just how much nonsense is crammed in , yet it works , for better or worse , without that much fanservice in fact .

Does that mean that anyone who survive the "prenium gabriel" demise becomes a main character ? What does this mean :"world war 2" ? if so why was the previous flashbacks medieval-like ?
What the hell i have more questions in my head than answers
Congrats now i want to watch the next episode.
SO MANY DEATHS AROUND

Captain earth - 07
"I feel bad for the bad guys of this show , they don't know that relying on a AI , will get them betrayed in the end"

Anyway , Bones is really reusing that extra long animation sequence everytime they can., aren't they ?

i'm honestly concerned by how the thing work ? They have to salvage each broken part of the whole AND put every piece of the 4 part robot in each station where they have to be repaird individually ?

So much work for this.

Anyway , blabla captain earth , midsummer knights , "it's so dangerous , we don't tell anyone", " if you don't fight , we won't have melon to eat tommorrow" and the list goes on.

It was great

cajunator

Banned
Large breeds are generally nicer overall. Of course, dogs are pretty nice in general.

hell no. They are vicious monsters.

Most larger dogs tend to have better temperaments.

I dont fucking trust them.

So MANY DEATH FLAGS AROUND - Kanojo ga flag wo Oraretara - 07

Some light problems with animation , like people talking but their mouth wasn't moving but overall this episode was alright.

But this episode went all out in term of story and plot / forshadowing
Damn that's intense i mean so many deaths
and that bit with the ship raised more questions than it provided answers.

So mei broke the main character death flag by force, seems convenient ..BUT NO , the flag is bound to come back ( it's an automatic process ) and mei lost her memory thanks to Sakura !
What a twist !in effect it just add 1 more girl to the party necessary to raid the final boss lair , but still that appearance is kinda like a #gamechanger if you pay attention to all the clues since episode 2.

Meanwhile , i fear that the next event will put 1 girl in the cast on the opposite side of the spectrum..
Oh and student concil president was conquered !! I know you're different now , but please choose between "boku" or "atashi" ..that's the basis of the basis.

I'm legit surprised by how coherent the whole thing is , considering just how much nonsense is crammed in , yet it works , for better or worse , without that much fanservice in fact .

Does that mean that anyone who survive the "prenium gabriel" demise becomes a main character ? What does this mean :"world war 2" ? if so why was the previous flashbacks medieval-like ?
What the hell i have more questions in my head than answers
Congrats now i want to watch the next episode.
SO MANY DEATHS AROUND

What kind of show is it? I thought this was another silly rom com or harem show. Its obviously not!

Fate/Zero 4
The fight scenes in this show are so freakin awesome. The animation is just so beautiful to watch. Especially the fight scenes. There's just so much detail in every frame. This really is a pleasure to watch. How
Rider came in towards the end
was great too. Really looking forward to the next episode.

Clov

My GF's parents have three dogs. Two of them are nice, but the last one is this tiny yippy dog that just barks constantly. Never lets me pet him either. Just runs up to my leg, looks at me, and when I reach down to pet him he runs away, and then runs up to me again. I'm glad I don't have to visit them much.

Cats are more cute, anyway.

well I was chased by a nasty stray when I was a kid all the way down the street. I just made it in the door.
i was also at a bus stop and a german shepherd was loose and it chased me too.
fuck dogs.

It sucks that your view on dogs is negative, but I guess some past incidents can do that to you. Then again I have some problems with bugs due to past incidents, which is also why I hated bug Pokemon's in Pokemon. Yeah don't get me started with that.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Some scattershot personal experience is as good for making sweeping generalizations about pets as it is about people, which is to say not at all.

People who actively dislike cats or dogs as a species typically have a poor understanding of actual animal behavior shaped by stereotypes and especially the bizarre but widespread notion that you must take sides and like one while hating the other for whatever reason. Both are fine creatures with their own accompanying rewards and challenges. Now let's bury this gutter-tier cyclical OT topic.

Jarmel

Banned
How is Noein from a narrative stand point? I've always been really intrigued by the visuals.

The pacing is more of an issue but the narrative is actually pretty interesting. I had a lot of issues with the pacing but some of the narrative beats were a lot of fun.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Love Live S2 7
NFphqB2l.jpg

The tragedy of being a fat girl.

Of course, this is what Louis CK would have to say on the issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFdWcNJ17YY

Weird body image issues aside, this was just a really weird episode. I mean, it had the weight loss thing, but also a reminder that they were part of the student council:
Yz2Nusyl.jpg

And also high school graduation angst:
4K15ZJel.jpg

In a way, it felt like they just decided to jam as much character/non-idol stuff into an episode because the rest of the show will just be about idol battles and so forth.

Admittedly, I still like how the characters are basically cartoon caricatures. Watching it with my brain off, it's funny and amusing. Watching it while thinking critically, I can appreciate that they're not trying to jerk your chain around by pretending the show is something that it's not.

The extended jogging scene where the two girls just pantomime with each other in front of the restaurant was just funny. That's really all you can ask for with a show like this one.

cajunator

Banned
It sucks that your view on dogs is negative, but I guess some past incidents can do that to you. Then again I have some problems with bugs due to past incidents, which is also why I hated bug Pokemon's in Pokemon. Yeah don't get me started with that.

Yeah but bugs cant hurt you usually (a few sting but you know which)
Dogs straight up bite and can kill.

cajunator

Banned
Some scattershot personal experience is as good for making sweeping generalizations about pets as it is about people, which is to say not at all.

People who actively dislike cats or dogs as a species typically have a poor understanding of actual animal behavior shaped by stereotypes and especially the bizarre but widespread notion that you must take sides and like one while hating the other for whatever reason. Both are fine creatures with their own accompanying rewards and challenges. Now let's bury this gutter-tier cyclical OT topic.

Yall have phobias of bugs and harmless things. I have phobia of large harmful dogs. Phobias dont involve misunderstandings. I know most dogs are docile. My body doesnt care. I become terrified.

well I was chased by a nasty stray when I was a kid all the way down the street. I just made it in the door.
i was also at a bus stop and a german shepherd was loose and it chased me too.
fuck dogs.

You need to hang out with some gentle giant dogs like St Bernards and Irish Wolfhounds.

cajunator

Banned
Well bugs can kill you depending on what you're dealing with and whether or not they're carrying diseases.

Bugs wont maul you to death. The threat is more hidden. People are afraid of beetles and moths and they dont bite. Now giant water bugs will stab you so I could understand that. But moths and butterflies?

Articalys

Expanding this question from what I was going to initially ask (just about Baby Steps/Ping Pong/Haikyuu):

Have you ever taken up an increased interest in a sport -- either as a spectator or player, even if only temporarily -- after seeing it in a TV series/movie?

Mekakucity Actors 06

Yn27mrIl.jpg

Another amazing episode. Didn't expect backstory and gotta say it was pretty well done. Definitely looking forward to seeing where SHAFT goes with this.

Haikyuu!! 07

y60KDQ9l.jpg

Looking forward to seeing more characters join the team.

Nisekoi 19

nuwATlOl.jpg

Another fine example of why Chitoge is the absolute worst character.

Tonari no Seki-kun 20

kRGVcLol.jpg

CMs are getting more and more creative.

Ace of Diamond 32

Once again, SHOUNEN EMOTIONS

Isshukan Friends 07

Only makes sense for now to have all these emotions

Ginga e Kickoff!! 23

All this coaching drama.

Puchimas!! 41

All that love to Producer.

Status