• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday cajun.

---

Finished Rewrite, that Key visual novel. The skip key was very useful; for one route I just set it to skip unread text and let it play out in the background until the ending played. Ultimate scrubbing?

the good - involvement of two non-Key writers (ryukishi07 and Romeo Tanaka, Umineko/Humanity Has Declined) means that it's not completely Key

the bad - it's still Key

the better - Romeo Tanaka's routes range from acceptable to good

the worse - ryukishi's route is kinda junk once it stops being a horror mystery and becomes an incredibly chuuni, sappy romance

the worst - there's two routes by some scrub Key writer and they're really bad; admittedly I skipped the second one after playing the first because the thought of trudging through it made me want to punch something and I don't think I missed out on anything by reading a summary of it online after the fact. Wouldn't have bothered even skipping through it if the 'true end' stuff didn't require going through it.

accurate visual representation of said Key guy's route:

and it's Key so the art is fucking terrible as usual

I'll probably post something a bit more fleshed out in the appropriate thread but I missed keybashing in the anime thread.

Tonokawa's routes were bad withChihaya being a thinly veiled UBW rip-off, and ryukishi's was somehow the most Key route of them all. I enjoyed most of Tanaka's stuff (except Kotori's route) and thought the Terra route was pretty good. The whole thing was really disjointed due to the multiple writers. Though it's still one of Key's better works thanks to the lack of Jun Maeda.

paging key defenders everywhar
The Key defenders here are mostly just anime watchers, so there's not likely to be much of a defense. I'm not sure if anyone other than Dresden and me have read Rewrite.

Thoraxes

I figured you thought I was 16 or something

HAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPYYYYYYY SQQQUUUUUUUUUEEEEDAAAAYYYYYYY CAJUUUUN

9kj08.gif

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Happy birthday, cajun!

HeartCatch Precure 21

Nice to see some recurring characters pop back up again. Also the animation for the (all too short) fight scene was pretty nice. Tsuruzaki-sensei is pretty awesome, as well.

Sailor Moon Uncut - 01

*Cross-posting from the other thread, not sure I'll continue to do it here or just go to the actual Sailor Moon Community Thread, now that I know there is one.

Just watched the first episode on Hulu. Watching it on my phone, I had no real problem with the video quality, outside the fact that it's not full screen/whatever aspect ratio will actual fit my screen.

Other than that, it was a really fun watch. Usagi is likeable despite her constant whining (mainly due to the comeuppance she gets from said whining), the animation is great and the vice acting and music is pretty good, too. I'm definitely hooked.

cajunator

Banned
Sailor Moon Uncut - 01

*Cross-posting from the other thread, not sure I'll continue to do it here or just go to the actual Sailor Moon Community Thread, now that I know there is one.

Just watched the first episode on Hulu. Watching it on my phone, I had no real problem with the video quality, outside the fact that it's not full screen/whatever aspect ratio will actual fit my screen.

Other than that, it was a really fun watch. Usagi is likeable despite her constant whining (mainly due to the comeuppance she gets from said whining), the animation is great and the vice acting and music is pretty good, too. I'm definitely hooked.

Usagi whines constantly and doesnt stop until well into the series.

Usagi whines constantly and doesnt stop until well into the series.

I honestly don't really mind the whining due to both her age and that fact it was actually weaponized in this episode, but noted it because I think most people would find it annoying.

And speaking of age, don't the transformations age her up a bit physically, or am I thinking of another anime.

So I thought surely the most appropriate thing to post for cajun's birthday is a character who has the same birthday. Well I shouldn't be surprised that someone has compiled a list of anime character birthdays.

xesaFYo.jpg

It's a Christmas picture but I don't care.

I share the same birthday as Sawako from Kimi Ni Todoke. As of we didn't have enough in common.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I honestly don't really mind the whining due to both her age and that fact it was actually weaponized in this episode, but noted it because I think most people would find it annoying.

And speaking of age, don't the transformations age her up a bit physically, or am I thinking of another anime.
Nah, they just have that layer that makes it seem more form-fitting than it actually is.

cajunator

Banned

I share the same birthday as Sawako from Kimi Ni Todoke. As of we didn't have enough in common.

Nah probably another mahou shoujo. I can think of several.

cnet128

Banned
Happy cajunday cajun!

Is there an explanation for the obsession of the Japanese with cats? Is it because they're low maintenance compared to dogs, and in a work-heavy culture that's the best option?

Cats are just the best. Accept it.

You think Yu has swag, pshhh he ain't nothing compared to my man Makoto. To prove that he has Mitsuru under his harem.

30448-P3.jpg

Who is in fact better than any girl in Persona 4, believe it.

100% accurate Persona girls ranking:

Chie > Marie > Rise > Yukari > Aegis > Yukiko > Fuuka > Naoto > CrossdressingTeddie > Mitsuru

Subject to change since it is my fate to never get to the end of Persona 3 (I've barely even seen any of Aegis yet), but the chances of Mitsuru moving are less than zero.

Seikoku no dragonar - 07
This episode was very lewd ... but i liked it
The 2 shower scenes were unnecessary , the licking scene was unnecessary , the maid panty shot was unnecessary ....

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hang on.

the licking scene was unnecessary

That scene was the most necessary.

Milky Holmes 5

Yeah, this is terrible and I feel terrible for having come this far. Dropping this now.

You're terrible.

the little girl with white hair is still absolutely adorable.

I haven't watched Fate/Zero yet, but I'm playing Fate/Stay Night right now and can attest that Illya is god tier cute. She's so good that I'm not even sure that Rin is best girl any more, and Rin is amazing.

Mekakucity Actors-6

Ene and not-Ararararagi continue to dominate this show. Insert song at the beginning was fucking amazing.

That cold intro was so damn good.

Foot fetishists HATE her!

But she had feet in this episode!

Fate/Zero 5
fate-zero-episode5-1.jpg

oh god not this guy *twitch*

Finished Rewrite, that Key visual novel. The skip key was very useful; for one route I just set it to skip unread text and let it play out in the background until the ending played. Ultimate scrubbing?

the good - involvement of two non-Key writers (ryukishi07 and Romeo Tanaka, Umineko/Humanity Has Declined) means that it's not completely Key

the bad - it's still Key

the better - Romeo Tanaka's routes range from acceptable to good

the worse - ryukishi's route is kinda junk once it stops being a horror mystery and becomes an incredibly chuuni, sappy romance

the worst - there's two routes by some scrub Key writer and they're really bad; admittedly I skipped the second one after playing the first because the thought of trudging through it made me want to punch something and I don't think I missed out on anything by reading a summary of it online after the fact. Wouldn't have bothered even skipping through it if the 'true end' stuff didn't require going through it.

accurate visual representation of said Key guy's route:

jCEZdQF.jpg

and it's Key so the art is fucking terrible as usual

Oh hey I played this a while back. It's the only actual Key game I've played to date.

Kotori is clearly best girl (Saitou Chiwa knocking it out of the park) and I loved her throughout the branching common route section, but her actual individual route was largely just a giant pile of hopelessness and tragedy and I didn't find it all that great. Sadface. I still enjoyed it quite a bit because it was the first route I played, so the revelations had a lot of impact, but at the end of the day I felt like Kotori deserved so much better.

I actually really enjoyed Lucia's route, but then I'm a sucker for Ryukishi's particular style of overblown chuuni comedyromancetragedydrama soup. I felt like she had the sweetest actual relationship with the MC in the end.

Akane was by far the worst girl and it depresses me that she's apparently the most popular character. What the hell, Japan. That said, I didn't hate her or anything, she certainly had charming points and I enjoyed watching the lengths that the MC was willing to go to in her route.

Oh, and shame on you for skipping over...whichever route you skipped. It's been a while since I played it so I'm not sure what you're getting at with the "people die if they're killed" picture. Either way, if you skipped Shizuru's that's awful because the memory stuff in that route was really touching. If it was Chihaya's route you skipped then that's still awful because it was full of Sakuya and Sakuya is great. Also the fairies, lol.

Butyeah, at the end of the day I felt that Rewrite was a somewhat disjointed and flawed but nonetheless thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
HeartCatch Precure 24

Itsuki's so goddamn boss. Best Precure forever. Hold dat L, Dark Precure.

Next episode looks to be awesome too. Can't wait (until tomorrow, that's all for tonight, haha).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh god I want a Harukasan. I must find where to get one of those.

Who am I kidding, they're gonna be like $50 or some stupid shit because Japan.

Happy birthday Cajun !

Here have a mashiro acting like a mouse :
because a mouse can be cute too !!

What kind of show is it? I thought this was another silly rom com or harem show. Its obviously not!
It is a harem show, but the MC main hability to see and control flag has many negatives and is the escuse to throw in a big subplot about destiny & fate control . the show then becomes serious since the MC has to gather girls in order to overthrow his own death flag and escape death ( and he does that by saving them sometimes from deathly situations )
it's a neat subplot that make this show much more enjoyable, than a normal romcom

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hang on.

That scene was the most necessary.
I mean to the plot .Dragonar has just many scenes that could have done better but they choose to be lewd about it. I don't mind but if you look at it objectively ... this wasn't needed , really.
Present for cajun!

Bn0gbzJIMAAxWfO.jpg

woah woah.

Carefull with that water !!

Sailor Moon 1 Sub

It's been a long time since I've seen this dubbed but it seems like quiet a bit was changed from what I remember. Usagi is a cry baby but clearly is being set up to have an arc to grow into a competent hero though the first season. It looks old and the action isn't great but it still has a charm that I can't deny. Solid first episode that does it's job of getting the audience invested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom