• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... the latest mahouka eps... did they not explain why main character man was capping motherfuckers even with the magic cancel thingy?

Since he was never really using any sort of magic that required activation, from my understanding, then using anything to cancel magic would be pointless against him. Scene seemed to suggest he just shot high pressurized psions at them.

cajunator

Banned
Happy birthday Cajun !

Here have a mashiro acting like a mouse :

because a mouse can be cute too !!

It is a harem show, but the MC main hability to see and control flag has many negatives and is the escuse to throw in a big subplot about destiny & fate control . the show then becomes serious since the MC has to gather girls in order to overthrow his own death flag and escape death ( and he does that by saving them sometimes from deathly situations )
it's a neat subplot that make this show much more enjoyable, than a normal romcom

I mean to the plot .Dragonar has just many scenes that could have done better but they choose to be lewd about it. I don't mind but if you look at it objectively ... this wasn't needed , really.

woah woah.

Carefull with that water !!

Mashiro mouse :D

hey have yall heard of Kyōran Kazoku Nikki?
It has a purple haired catgirl in it.

Theonik

Capn' Earf 06
zifhlz.png
Butts asside, this was a somewhat boring episode.
Though team brown continues to fight back strong. WHERE IS HESO FORTE

sonicmj1

I took a trip to my old study abroad stomping grounds in Osaka without my computer, so no Spice and Wolf today. Reading and catching up on a phone is tough, and I'm not used to typing with a phone keyboard.

Quote pluses don't hold from page to page, so I'll just use this space to say that Branduil was right about the captain thing in Crest of the Stars. That seemed super obvious from the conversation in the previous episode.

Cap'n earth - 7
- dropped, can't stand this show anymore, I could care less about the characters/story, I know it's not going to be good, but the fact that they barely show any mechas or space battles makes it literally unwatchable

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - 17
- damn all Kodai cared about was his older brother considering what's happening to XO Sanada, does anyone else think Misaki is a worthless character? She doesn't even do anything other than the radio...

Theonik

Quote pluses don't hold from page to page, so I'll just use this space to say that Branduil was right about the captain thing in Crest of the Stars. That seemed super obvious from the conversation in the previous episode.
After the series btw. There is also Crest of the Stars: Birth, which is an adaptation of one of the side-story novels and deals with Lafiel's parents.

Tenumi

Banned
Okami-San and Her Seven Companions: (END)

I barely hear anybody ever talk about this series, and it makes me wonder why. I really enjoyed it, and personally, the narrator made the series stand out so well in a crowded field of romantic comedies.

I can't really say much else without giving away plot, but it has a villain that is easily hate-able, a hero that's easy to root for, and a highly competent female lead.

Clov

Okami-San and Her Seven Companions: (END)

I barely hear anybody ever talk about this series, and it makes me wonder why. I really enjoyed it, and personally, the narrator made the series stand out so well in a crowded field of romantic comedies.

I can't really say much else without giving away plot, but it has a villain that is easily hate-able, a hero that's easy to root for, and a highly competent female lead.

I enjoyed it. Okami-san herself was pretty cute, and the narrator (which if I'm remembering right, is Satomi Arai) was really entertaining. Didn't think it was anything outstanding though. In terms of narrators, I doubt anything can beat Norio Wakamoto narrating the first two seasons of Hayate the Combat Butler. That series got so much worse without him.

After War Gundam X - 29

You know what this show needs to save it from being horribly dull at times? A better soundtrack. 00 had one. Yet I can not name one exciting or moving piece of work from the OST in this show.

Anyway, basic episode. Frost Brothers keep doing what they've been doing these last couple of episodes, the Friedan team takes care of them and are on their way to some Newtype Research Facility or whatever.

Midonin

Happy birthday, cajun!

Mangaka 07

A little sister has appeared! I've gotten used to the show's setup-punchline dynamic by this point, but it's still got its charm. Sahoto was definitely channeling her inner Ayase this week.

Gbraga

Happy birthday, cajun!

Mangaka 07

A little sister has appeared! I've gotten used to the show's setup-punchline dynamic by this point, but it's still got its charm. Sahoto was definitely channeling her inner Ayase this week.

Can't wait to get home TT_TT

I need to be done with Dark Souls II soon, I want to watch anime again >_>

Midonin

M3 05

If Emiru can't get herself under control, she'll be the first casualty. I appreciate having some sort of explanation for what makes these people special - the mental link - but the pace is still moving pretty slowly. I'm a bit more engrossed in it than Mahouka, but not by a whole lot.

Chariot

Epic Battle of History: Goku vs Superman

Rap aside, I'd say Goku. Simply because he is not above killing people, while Superman try very hard to not kill. Means: Goku is gonna get all out, while Superman would hold back at first. That would be enough to be vaporized by Goku. Then again: Superman is immortal, while Goku is not (Dragonballs don't count, that isn't an inept ability of him).
What do you think?

Midonin

Love Live! S2 07

That was a very eventful episode. Also a very Yuyu-like episode. Like with every diet story, the exact amount of weight is never said, and the character designs were never visibly different, but it must have been a suitable amount to make Honoka freak out. The second half presented the school closing upfront for the first time in a while. No real idoling or songs to speak of, but it was a nice way to bridge the gap between the ongoing battle of the idol bands with A-RISE and the school elements.

Also, that is a very punny title for the next episode.

Rap aside, I'd say Goku. Simply because he is not above killing people, while Superman try very hard to not kill. Means: Goku is gonna get all out, while Superman would hold back at first. That would be enough to be vaporized by Goku. Then again: Superman is immortal, while Goku is not (Dragonballs don't count, that isn't an inept ability of him).
What do you think?

How long has this argument been going on by now
Anyway, Superman at his strongest, because these are always cherry picking the most incredible feats (not even counting Prime or anything like that) from like All-Star or something is way beyond Goku's level.
And if you do count Superman Prime, Goku could just be handwaved away.

Akuma no Riddle 6
Was this the first actual death of the show. Also,Chitaru made some real jumps in conclusions in determining who Angel Trumpet was

Also, happy birthday cajun

What do you think?

Has the Death Battle on Screwattack not made things clear enough? As much as I'd like for Goku to beat Superman it's not possible. The mathematics, logic, and the ways both characters worked all go towards Superman's favour.

The rap was cool though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom