• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnet128

Banned
Suite Precure♪ 1

Probably the most underwhelmed I've been by a Precure first episode so far.

The introductory section was entertaining enough, with a somewhat more involved setup of the show's premise than usual, and I'm not going to complain about a cat-themed villain and mascot pair, but there was a definite sense of going-through-the-motions with the introduction of the two Cures themselves. I really can't say I'm much of a fan of either of their character designs, which doesn't help. I think Hibiki might be the first sporty Cure ever who doesn't seem like waifu material.

Their transformation sequence is...decent, I guess. It's nice and "dual", and of course slickly animated, but aside from that it just feels by-the-books. Nothing particularly unique or eye-catching going on. Except the "cosmic" effect their bodies have got going on at the very beginning, that's kind of neat.

Oh, and I'm not impressed by the ED either, either music-wise or dancing-wise. Though Precure EDs often grow on me after a while, so we'll see I guess. The OP is reasonably catchy.

Jarmel

Banned
Epic Battle of History: Goku vs Superman

Rap aside, I'd say Goku. Simply because he is not above killing people, while Superman try very hard to not kill. Means: Goku is gonna get all out, while Superman would hold back at first. That would be enough to be vaporized by Goku. Then again: Superman is immortal, while Goku is not (Dragonballs don't count, that isn't an inept ability of him).
What do you think?

Well due that Saiyan bullshit thing about how Saiyans get stronger every time they fight, Goku might eventually be able to go toe to toe with Superman but only after he got the shit beat out of him multiple times.

This was one of their better videos recently.

Well due that Saiyan bullshit thing about how Saiyans get stronger every time they fight, Goku might eventually be able to go toe to toe with Superman but only after he got the shit beat out of him multiple times.

This was one of their better videos recently.

Supes fights Doomsday all the time and he has that power to the utmost extreme.

Fate/Zero 6
FateZero6.png
There was no way this episode was gonna be as good as episode 5. A lot of exposition in this episode too. Even with the
building explosion
it was still kind of a boring episode. Still really pretty. I just want more episodes like episode 5. Also I am starting to question Sabers identity too...

Fate/Zero 6

There was no way this episode was gonna be as good as episode 5. A lot of exposition in this episode too. Even with the
building explosion
it was still kind of a boring episode. Still really pretty. I just want more episodes like episode 5. Also I am starting to question Sabers identity too...

Why are you watching tv version?

Do you think Superman could defeat the characters from Saint Seiya?

I know next to nothing about Saint Seiya, but probably. It all depends on which version of Superman you're talking about, that's why the power level wanking is so silly because there's about a hundred different Superman/men or reboots of him so when you say "Superman" it could mean about a hundred different Supermen, but there's one Goku.

cnet128

Banned
Suite Precure♪ 2

wow. such handholding. very friendship.

Definitely felt like a step up from the first episode, thankfully. The utter disaster that was their first battle was decidedly amusing, and the subsequent character-development-through-incredibly-convenient-parallel was extremely sweet. Remember, kids: simple misunderstandings can destroy friendships forever!

What I want to know, though, is why Kanade is blatantly better than Hibiki. It's a little unnerving and feels somehow wrong, because she's clearly the "Honoka" of the duo, and that's never the kind of character I'm attracted to. But she is definitely starting to grow on me already nonetheless. Hmmmm.

I know next to nothing about Saint Seiya, but probably. It all depends on which version of Superman you're talking about, that's why the power level wanking is so silly because there's about a hundred different Superman/men or reboots of him so when you say "Superman" it could mean about a hundred different Supermen, but there's one Goku.

I doubt superman could beat Saint Seiya characters, even with his other versions. The reason why I say this is because the characters from Saint Seiya have the power equivalent to that of a big bang. They are literally OP.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 14

T7Kl1M8.jpg

This was basically my face the entire episode.

I doubt superman could beat Saint Seiya characters, even with his other versions. The reason why I say this is because the characters from Saint Seiya have the power equivalent to that of a big bang.

But Supes Prime is omnipotent. It's very easy to one-up with comic book characters.

Gundam Unicorn Episode 7 [Final]

853637690.jpg

Amazing end to an amazing franchise. Took forever to finish but that time helped it avoid a lot of silly "anime" tropes that could have destroyed the narrative they were trying to create. If anyone has not seen it, I recommend it. Only downside is it holds a lot of cards to its chest til the very end, but since its over you can watch them all in quick succession to get the pay off gundam fans waited years for lol.
Goodbye Universal Century, it was amazing and sorry I did not realize it sooner.

Gbraga

Ok, is Fate/Zero actually good or are people joking? I remember watching a Fate something quite a few years ago, and though my memory is not clear at all, I don't think it was good.

Ok, is Fate/Zero actually good or are people joking? I remember watching a Fate something quite a few years ago, and though my memory is not clear at all, I don't think it was good.

That was probably the universally panned 1st F/SN adaptation. F/Z is apparently much better to my understanding.

Doesnt superman prime have a weakness against magic and kryptonite.

I think so. Then there are other versions of Superman who don't have those weaknesses.

Gbraga

Oh, ok, that makes sense. Do I have to rewatch it to remember everything before I go into Zero though? Or is it its own thing?

like people have said the fate stay night adaption is bad, so either just watch the VN on Youtube or play it. Though you could just watch Fate Zero but it'll spoil things from fate stay night. But if your strong enough watch the fate stay night adaption.

Fate/Zero 6

building explosion

I'm pretty sure Saber's historical identity is revealed from the getgo isn't it?

Fate/Zero 7
Things are starting to get interesting. Caster is putting up a good fight. Although he's a bit melodramatic.
Lancer
is still awesome. He knows how to make an entrance. Now we finally have some
Mage vs Mage action
going on. Things are starting to heat up!

Suite Precure♪ 1

Probably the most underwhelmed I've been by a Precure first episode so far.
Well it is an underwhelming season.
not that it hasn't some strong UP moments ..

As long as you keep expectations in check , you'll be fine as long as you see "suite" as a decent, average magical girl show.
Oh and you can like it too , if you don't mind the :Sdburton

cnet128

Banned
Yowamushi Pedal 32

Tadokoro & Imaizumi so draaaaaaamas.

But screw that, this second race has too much hype to be screwed up by a couple of—

Oh. Well, that's definitely one way to put a damper on things.

Well it is an underwhelming season.
not that it hasn't some strong UP moments ..

As long as you keep expectations in check , you'll be fine as long as you see "suite" as a decent, average magical girl show.
Oh and you can like it too , if you don't mind the :Sdburton
If only delicious Waon were a Precure, then things would be different around here.

Midonin

Fairy Musketeers 25-27

Snow White does have a "seven" power, in the form of spirits around her belt, but she never used it except for her brief stint being "evil", which was all a cleverly constructed ruse. The show's planting plot points well enough - such as the earplugs being from the bazaar - and continues to be cute and enjoyable, if not particularly standout. Two Snow White episodes in a row. Her backstory is about what you'd expect from a Snow White character, but the episode itself was titled "A Little Princess", referring to her de-aging. Lots of repurposing of elements here.

I'm glad the
Marlene = Cendrillon
plot twist was spelled out now. The castle being a fake was disappointing, but there's an entire cour worth of episodes left to watch. And Fernando's also a Key. Does this mean he has mixed parentage as well? And if so, does he also relate to Cendrillon's backstory? The show itself is really pushing Ringo/Hamelin, and 27's preview had Ringo acting at her Kugimiya-est yet.

On a final note, I like the new OP. The first OP flows a little better musically, but it's still Yukarin.

Texhnolyze

Well, that was something.

I guess my initial confusion came from the fact that I wasn't really sure where the series wanted to go.

It's a pretty brutal show until the bad Engrish Jpop at the end.

That said, I feel like Ichise is just kinda given Main Character powers to to punch everything in his way. Not too much a problem in the beginning, but really noticeable in the end of the show.

I just remember that I finished Princess Tutu a few day ago, so I'll mini-review that as well.

I liked it. It gave me a lot of Utena and Madoka vibes. Ahiru, I think, is a pretty good MC, who I feel is brought down by the rest of the cast, sadly. I think the first half of the show is stronger than the second half. I think some critics say that the show actually stands out because of it's ending, though?

Real preview for episode 8 of Mahouka

http://youtu.be/EEKm-bMi5GM

Damn Cajun level of cuteness, Azusa why are you so moe with tech equipment. I guess the Olympics will start, as in various competitions in this new arc of 9 school competition. Budget seems to be raised for this new arc, which I hope is throughout. Don't fail me MadHouse.

cajunator

Banned
It's so forgettable it's strange, I do remember it was one of KanaHana's first main roles.

Sounds like I need to watch it and find out hehee.

cajun's getting older??? Happy birthday, cajun!

Older in body, but not in spirit!

Fate/Zero 6

building explosion

One thing that particularly stands out about the show is the lighting. Its beautifully lighted. The artwork is wonderful. Much better than FSN.

No joke, its really good if you like this sorta story. This isnt List stuff its just really enjoyable and well produced.

Fate/Zero 8
So she's not as useless as i thought she was. Kiritsugu was kind of badass this episode too. Kayneth was dumb but I always felt his pride would end up being a weakness. Also for a second I gasped at the end and going "I knew this would eventually happen"
only for it to be a total cop-out
. Bah!

fallagin

It's good. The other one you probably watched, fate/stay-night, is really bad. A shame, but at least /zero is pretty good.

Past the artifact used to summon, I was a little confused by that initially myself. :lol

Then again I used to think Kiritsugu and Kirei looked the same too. whoops

Lol!! So did I!!! In the first episode I was like "why was he in a castle and now on a church" only for me later in the episode going "Oooooohhhhhhhh..... Oops".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom