• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Majin Bone 8

The show is severely lacking on what's-her-face alien obsessed girl. I liked her, the dynamic between her and the lead was great.

Also still continues to have the best ED

cnet128

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 130

Padding, my ass. I mean, okay, strictly speaking I guess you could call some of this padding in some sense because there was a lot of non-action stuff and the real action comes next episode. But I'll be damned if I didn't enjoy the hell out of this one nonetheless.

These are emotions that deserve dwelling on. Shit is intense.

All right, since I'm not exactly motivated to plow through the last 9 episodes of Gundam X, I'm going to watch it alongside Gundam SEED. Or rather, plow through Gundam SEED if I get more motivation watching that and save X for yet another time.

cajunator

Banned
All right, since I'm not exactly motivated to plow through the last 9 episodes of Gundam X, I'm going to watch it alongside Gundam SEED. Or rather, plow through Gundam SEED if I get more motivation watching that and save X for yet another time.

Just watch Gundam Build fighters. Its better than all of them.

Hunter x Hunter 130

Padding, my ass. I mean, okay, strictly speaking I guess you could call some of this padding in some sense because there was a lot of non-action stuff and the real action comes next episode. But I'll be damned if I didn't enjoy the hell out of this one nonetheless.

These are emotions that deserve dwelling on. Shit is intense.

There was extreme padding. They played out two page spread of the manga for like 5 minutes
Although I'm not sure what they would've done instead, given what comes the next episode. They can't really easily just start it halfway through an episode.
Which is what they might do anyway

Just watch Gundam Build fighters. Its better than all of them.

I finished that. I want more of that. More of that won't come until later this year. :(

Besides, Sei's Gunpla in Build Fighters is based off of a Gundam from SEED apparently and I recently got my hands on a 1/100 MG Strike Freedom Gunpla, so I figured I might as well make SEED my next Gundam to watch.

wonzo

Banned
http://nangbaby.com/post/86155385443/sailor-moon-boycott

sabu.png

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Majin Bone Episode 8:

It really is a shame that the CGI action is not up to snuff because the action with the humans was actually pretty good and pretty damn brutal at times. Anyway, yea, Saho is sorely missed, she needs her own X-FIles styled spin-off or something, I dunno how they did it but they created a really well rounded and interesting character who I want to see, that is so very rare when it comes to love interests of this nature, it is damn near mind blowing.

cajunator

Banned
I don't get the Sailor Moon thing. Granted, I don't care about the show, but is he (assuming its a he) just upset at a new dub?

He wants his Serena and for Uranus/Neptune to be cousins and the Dark Moon minions to be female and other stupid shit that DiC changed. They cant go with that dub anyway because that dub CUT OUT ENTIRE PORTIONS OF THE SHOW. That dub is useless and has to be redone.

CorvoSol

Yamato 9

So that's honestly the first episode of the show I've liked. The rest have all been pretty empty to me, but I wonder if I really, really liked this episode, or if I'm just already a sucker for robot stories? Either way, the episode was excellently paced, and while I LOATHE the robot dude's CGI, I admired the character's ability to whether the constant demeaning attitude he faced on the ship with such grace. The episode's climax was visually stunning, framed in the void against a red sun as the Gamiroid broke down and died, clasping hands with his friend. It was a more natural suggestion of peace between humanity and gamilas than anything else the show as thrown out thus far, and the XO's "It seems he still believed he had at least one friend on this ship" comment was a powerful one indeed.

As it happens, the XO is probably the best character thus far anyway. He doesn't say much, and he wears the same expression every scene, but dude gets some pretty great one liners.

"At this moment I am not even sure if you have a heart."

InaKon 10

Well... Some of the stuff got resolved I guess.

So about Touka. Can he
still see Uka
while Inari can not?

Anyway... As I had expected this reminded me of Oh My Goddess! and Kamichu! There's more comedy in this though. Some nice music too. Should have had more of Uka though. The relationship bits between Uka and Touka were the best parts.

I give it 3.5/5 fox charms bought at the Inari shrine :p

x0C8Mbc.png
x0C8Mbc.png
x0C8Mbc.png
DiakzDL.png
q7hYwrr.png

There was extreme padding. They played out two page spread of the manga for like 5 minutes
Although I'm not sure what they would've done instead, given what comes the next episode. They can't really easily just start it halfway through an episode.
Which is what they might do anyway

Not every page has to be translated the same. Some of them makes sense to be done in 5-6 seconds, some even less if for example it's just a panel of someone giving a punch, but others makes sense to translate them in a longer scene.

That said, I agree that they went too far in here. We had a 5 minutes scene should be done in 2.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
He wants his Serena and for Uranus/Neptune to be cousins and the Dark Moon minions to be female and other stupid shit that DiC changed. They cant go with that dub anyway because that dub CUT OUT ENTIRE PORTIONS OF THE SHOW. That dub is useless and has to be redone.

I don't think they could use that cub simply because they don't have the rights to own it, and we a LONG ways away from a Sailor Moon She Is The One Called DVD Box Set thankfully.

cajunator

Banned
I don't think they could use that cub simply because they don't have the rights to own it, and we a LONG ways away from a Sailor Moon She Is The One Called DVD Box Set thankfully.

Well like I said the DiC dub cut out entire episodes and cut down important aspects of the show and changed details. The dub as it stands wouldnt be of use if being faithful to the original is the goal.

Gundam SEED - 1

mPSPP4p.jpg

LzECJgj.jpg

x0aJptX.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is the exact same way of thinking that went down in Valvrave. And we all know how that turned out.

Not a bad first episode. Better than I remember it, though that's mostly because when I tried to get into this show the first time I was tired and practically slept through the first four episodes, haha.

Gundam SEED - 1
Not a bad first episode. Better than I remember it, though that's mostly because when I tried to get into this show the first time I was tired and practically slept through the first four episodes, haha.

Gundam SEED, outside of GBF, is my only Gundam experience (hack n slash game not included).

I follow the church of Jesus Yamato

M3 05

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/X01djg3.gif?1[/IMG]

Naw. Fuck dis. I'm out. How I lasted this long I dunno but I'm out.

ONLY I CAN LOVE YOU METROID

*licks neck*

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bones only has Chaika to redeem itself this season. Because Captain Planet has been BLERGH so far.

#redchaikabestgirl

To be fair Chaika is their best show since like 2009. Quite the redemption story.

Bones is still shit though.

If you have to trade good animation to get more yuri panderbait, then it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Sacrifice? This is common sense. 100% of the budget should go towards Yuri. Everything else is a waste of resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom