• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Game No Life 7

Sora's shirt doesn't lie.

How is this show so good you guys?

Source material is good

Adaptation of said source material is good ( even if they take liberties on some details because anime )

--------------------------
Puchimas!! - 44

Trully the birthday celebration ami & mami deserved.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Whoops. Been sick. Back to anime.

Acchi Kocchi 1

Kinda boring...

1333829393767_display.gif

...but kinda worth it.

Captain Earth 7

Wow that was a lot of exposition for the pre-OP intro. It's almost like they realized how damn slow this show has been going and tried to fix it! Maybe the show'll actually go somewhere now? It's been 6 episodes and we've seen the Earth Engine only twice. That's a mecha-to-episode ratio of 1:3. That's bad, cap'n.

Akari is again showing how she's the best girl, nay, the best character in the show, once again.

Oh god that name reveal was cheesy as fuck. BONES really has a hard-on for Shakespeare with this show.

Tonari no Seki-kun 19

Probably 100x better than all Meganebu!

This episode was basically every time I go to store for glasses, complete with my mom bitching about my choices.

No Game No Life - Episode 6

I was wondering when this show would go full on fanservice and this was the first episode where I thought there was way too much of it. If they toned it down a bit I would have very little problems with this show at all.

Apart from that seeing the game playing out was great to see. I loved how Sora just decided to
drop a hydrogen bomb on the first turn.
He's not afraid to take these risks at all and it makes it really interesting to watch. You never know what crazy stuff he'd do next.

No Game No Life - Episode 7

Hey a Doraemon reference, Steph looking like Doraemon and complete with a snippet of Doraemon no Uta? Sold!

The bathing scene was awkward but after that was out of the way, it was all good once again. Although everyone seems to be saying that Jibril is now the best girl I am still firmly saying that Steph is the best. As Sora says in this episode. Humanity may be shit but it has the most potential.

Next episode it seems has the game against the beasty lot. Should be fun!

cajunator

Banned
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Noooooooooooooooo

Please be released soon my blu-rays !!
This sucks BIG TIME

Patience will be rewarded soon!
(I hate waiting for anime stuff too)

Akame ga Kill anime character designs http://moca-news.net/article/20140522/201405220000a/01/ site has more pics http://akame.tv/character.html

Looks like there's a couple of cast members outside the PR: http://animeslovenija.tumblr.com/post/86413512755/akame-ga-kill-staff-cast (last 5)

Some decent designs in there. Cuties but nothing spectacular.

Wagnaria!! 1

ibrvmTrs1sKB6h.jpg

I immediately love this show! Senpai is such a cutie (*bounces and squees*) and the manager is hilarious. And dat ED, so happy!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
*hugs Poplar
This show is the best!

nl4Et9l.png

Shido's man card has now been revoked, torn into pieces and fired into the sun.

Also DAL Encore 2 is out.

To be fair he probably feared for his life.
But what a magnificent way to go!

School Rumble 2 1-3
A little surprised that I haven't this second season before. Anyway, the OP is worse for me. Harima is pretty cool still and Tenma is still not very good

Season 2 ED is so catchy.
Tenma is cute but really dense.

The Serial Experiments Lain Blu-Ray/DVD collection I ordered came in today, and I'm watching it for the first time. I'm ready to tap into the
W...
....I...
......R...
.........E...
vlY19ly.gif

It's pretty weird so far, but I'm enjoying it.

That gif. I havejnt seen it before but it does encapsulate what watching it is like. Lain really niled a lot of things about current society before a lot of it was even prevalent. guess it was easy to predict.

*steals Aegis

Nanana 6

Let Nanana have the most original take of a Hotspring episode hahaha

gU6cW3K.jpg

rae8Ftr.jpg

I get so tired of every show having a Hot Springs episode but at least recently they are mixing things up a bit in them.

No Game No Life 07

v7ykyLo.jpg

Best girl, Steph can leave already.
And was that a Civilization reference in the preview?

Yeah thats :Yuno

It's because only the lewdest most depraved animegaffers are watching it so they just think it's normal~

but you watched Ultimate Girls silly Envelope!

GAF, please.

Do not start giving me these weird ads again.

screenshot2014-05-21a2nom2.png

Hmm. I have an ad for a credit card lol.

cajunator

Banned
NGNL 7

Another great episode, def thinking Jibril is now best girl (sorry Steph) and I guess Sora and Shiro
are not blood related.
Shoulda seen that coming. Really hoping for a Civ type game next

Anime doesnt really have the guts to make them blood related. Its always a tease.

Whoops. Been sick. Back to anime.

Acchi Kocchi 1

Kinda boring...

1333829393767_display.gif

...but kinda worth it.

Captain Earth 7

Wow that was a lot of exposition for the pre-OP intro. It's almost like they realized how damn slow this show has been going and tried to fix it! Maybe the show'll actually go somewhere now? It's been 6 episodes and we've seen the Earth Engine only twice. That's a mecha-to-episode ratio of 1:3. That's bad, cap'n.

Akari is again showing how she's the best girl, nay, the best character in the show, once again.

Oh god that name reveal was cheesy as fuck. BONES really has a hard-on for Shakespeare with this show.

Tonari no Seki-kun 19

Probably 100x better than all Meganebu!

This episode was basically every time I go to store for glasses, complete with my mom bitching about my choices.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Acchi Kocchi <3
Yeah its a little slow but the Cute per minute is off the charts! It can make you feel happy after a long day of work and stress.

Semi-unrelated: I have a fraternity brother who works at IMVU. Their office is fucking awesome.

I remember my old computer couldnt run IMVU.
A major resource hog!

cnet128

Banned
Hitsugi no Chaika 7

Chaika adorable levels approaching 900 mKn. Moenuke. Danger. Extreme.

That NTR was pretty harsh even with the fairly humorous context. Couldn't help feeling bad for Tooru. But then, I guess that was the entire point.

Magical charge through the mist
felt surprisingly awesome. Chaika should do the
dragon-riding mage
thing more often.

cajunator

Banned
Hitsugi no Chaika 7

Chaika adorable levels approaching 900 mKn. Moenuke. Danger. Extreme.

That NTR was pretty harsh even with the fairly humorous context. Couldn't help feeling bad for Tooru. But then, I guess that was the entire point.

Magical charge through the mist
felt surprisingly awesome. Chaika should do the
dragon-riding mage
thing more often.

This show is very very enjoyable. Best bones show in years!

Oooh No Game No Life sorta kinda reminds me of Code Geass.

With how the two siblings are so dependent on each other and each has an awesome but different power but in this case it's reversed.

EDIt:Oh they reference the Ruura spell from dragonquest, I thought they were saying "what kind of rule was dat"

Yasumi

Banned
That gif. I havejnt seen it before but it does encapsulate what watching it is like. Lain really niled a lot of things about current society before a lot of it was even prevalent. guess it was easy to predict.

I got it from &#12300;&#65335;&#65353;&#65362;&#65349;&#65348;&#12288;&#65331;&#65359;&#65365;&#65358;&#65348;&#12288;&#65318;&#65359;&#65362; &#65335;&#65353;&#65362;&#65349;&#65348; &#65328;&#65349;&#65359;&#65360;&#65356;&#65349;&#12301;. Keep clicking on the Lain pictures to go through a playlist of some pretty solid Wired-traversing music.

Gundam SEED: 5 -6

Good lord this show is on a roll. Ever since the second half of episode one there hasn't been one genuine cool-down moment in this show where people can just relax!

The group in episode 5 is able to hold off the enemy only for them to get in more trouble in episode 6 where they don't have an ID Code, thus making all the soldiers act like suspecting assholes to everybody.

Gundam action is still cool. I like the Strike better when it uses that taser-sword that fires laser boomerangs.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 64

Raichi you're almost single-handedly ruining this season. Shut up and go away, you suck, I hate you.

Can't somebody else win these things besides Ichigo/Seira? And of course they had Yurika oversleep. Do they always have to geive her the shaft? And the main three would have won easily had Ichigo not stopped to help Seira like a chump.

Hunter X Hunter 130

Been quite some time feeling tense while watching anime, considering Gon has completely lost his mind. Poor kid doesn't know what the hell he's doing. But fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck they had to end it on a cliffhanger, I believe MadHouse is just trolling us.

PwvrqZV.jpg

Aside from that visuals were spot on and Gon's feelings were greatly done. I just can't fuckin wait till Gon goes into Super Sayain mode shown by the preview.

Gundam SEED - 7

Ah, so that was the whole "Bloody Valentine" thing the show kept going on about. Crazy stuff.

Even crazier is that the main group is running low on supplies and now has to loot the dead remains of that continent in space just to survive. Damn.

Ah, so Princess Euphemia finally enters the mix! Boy I can't wait to hear her explanation for
floating around a dead continent in a life-pod in the hopes that someone or something will pick her up.

But whatever, I just want this show to finally get some romance in now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom