• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Horizon-

Brynhildr 8
Kazumi once again going in for the kill.
and failing

One Week Friends 8
Never change Saki, never change. Shogo too.

shame, was looking forward to playing the game

I enjoyed the first part of the game, atrocious frame rate, obnoxious load times and all. But then it stopped being funny, the plot doesn't go anywhere, the character development is all locked away in DLC, mangas, and novellas, and eventually I got tired of all the recycled maps and enemies.

To be fair if you genuinely wanted to play the game there are probably better ways to know if this was a singular opinion or an aggregate one. Go to Metacritic, go to the OT, etc...

Some in the OT have enjoyed the writing more than me, so mileage may vary. But I'm not alone in my opinions either. We'll see once more people have finished the game.

I feel like it's a slap to the face for Berserk people to restart the manga and have it be in this other shit that is not Guts getting off the boat.

It's like if GRRM finally finished the latest novel, and it's all written from Hodor's POV.

survivor

Banned
I enjoyed the first part of the game, atrocious frame rate, obnoxious load times and all. But then it stopped being funny, the plot doesn't go anywhere, the character development is all locked away in DLC, mangas, and novellas, and eventually I got tired of all the recycled maps and enemies.
Is the combat junk or did they attempt to make it not as repetitive as Nier?

I feel like it's a slap to the face for Berserk people to restart the manga and have it be in this other shit that is not Guts getting off the boat.

It's like if GRRM finally finished the latest novel, and it's all written from Hodor's POV.

As long as all this Griffith fellatio means he will just get KILLED SUPER HARD later then let it run.

Anyone and everyone, don't buy Drakengard 3. I just finished it and feel like I've been trolled. Fuck this mess of a game that doesn't even have good writing to make up for how terrible it plays.

Really? Well that's a shame. I had a gigantic Drakengard fanboy tell me it was amazing but they also said the framerate "wasn't that bad"

Rabbit Cafe 7

If it wasn't for the severe personality differences, I would call Sharo "Not-Nao" since Not-Reika is the childhood friend. Then again, she did put off her secret, which was revealed in the most non-chalant way possible, which... is a good thing given how this show generally is. (Not-Reika for troll-master of the group)

Other than that, it's Friends Fighting the episode, over misunderstandings and Not-Miyuki actually being able to solve puzzles. Smarter than the average Miyuki!

As long as all this Griffith fellatio means he will just get KILLED SUPER HARD later then let it run.

I once met a guy who was rooting for Griffith.

I was like "I can understand not liking Guts or liking a side character but liking that piece of shit? Raise them fists up I will smack you to town take you to space and show you how I slam and jam"

Is the combat junk or did they attempt to make it not as repetitive as Nier?

It's mostly junk. The combat is kind of a mix of Nier and Dynasty Warriors, but with a terrible camera. The game is really easy because you can exploit dash cancels and the enemies have stupidly easy patterns. It's mission based with linear maps that are reused a ton. And you're fighting the same enemies the entire game, so it gets repetitive.

The game was developed by the people responsible for Deadly Premonition, if that helps.

Really? Well that's a shame. I had a gigantic Drakengard fanboy tell me it was amazing but they also said the framerate "wasn't that bad"
Lol. The framerate drops into what must be single digits at times. Some levels have constant stuttering and hitching, and anytime you summon your dragon the framerate dies. That the game is a technical disaster is undeniable.

It's mostly junk. The combat is kind of a mix of Nier and Dynasty Warriors The game is really easy because you can exploit dash cancels and the enemies have stupidly easy patterns. It's mission based with linear maps that are reused a ton. And you're fighting the same enemies the entire game, so it gets repetitive.

The game was developed by the people responsible for Deadly Premonition, if that helps.

THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING.
In Nier I just used the Spear and lunge stabbed everything because it was OP

Lol. The framerate drops into what must be single digits at times. Some levels have constant stuttering and hitching, and anytime you summon your dragon the framerate dies. That the game is a technical disaster is undeniable.

If a game runs worse then Dragon's Dogma then I can definitely say it should not have shipped, or at the least needs a day one patch. I can never see screen tearing (couldn't see it in DD) but I could see it in Drakengard 3.

Chariot

Nisekoi 20 END

That was good. Probably will be a season 2 and still no resolution then but whatever.
We're at chapter 123 and we still get shit like this:

j7aOZ8HiSQsQH.png

Has Berserk finally run dry the goodwill the Golden Age arc bought it?

I mean I still look forward to reading it, but I want it to get the gang off the boat and do the shit they have to do and then proceed with their plans. This has been the plan since GAA ended, so having it so close is fucking teasing.

Possibly.
Hey, maybe if they decided to animate all those arcs after Golden Age and Eclipse then there'd be more goodwill instead of retelling Golden Age again

The movie people, whoever they were, have repeated that more movies are planned but have yet to announce anything. And I'm starting to get scared that it'll go into production hell and never release, even if the intent was to release more stuff.

Mahouka - 08

Yeah considered this show dropped for me. Yeah I know after 8 episodes it took me this long? Well I've only stuck around just to see how silly it is but with episode 8 this is just getting ridiculous. Nevermind that they can now fly but the fact that Tastuya just whipped up the solution to what was defined a puzzling problem to actual professionals, but nah Tastuya just says, "Fuck it y'all noobs." Oh and his sister worshiping him each episode is oh so wonderful, yeah I'm done.

One Week Friends - 08

Its a wonder how an anime can use so many tropes but still pull out a decent show. Nonetheless I enjoyed this fun beach episode with all characters and their interactions being enjoyable to watch; again, props to Shogo for being best bro. The romance factor is also starting to kick in and with the ending of the appearance of a new character (who I predict
to be that childhood friend Kaori was after resulting in head trauma
), drama is gonna pick up again.

Brynhildr in the Darkness - 08

Eh, an alright episode. I love Kazumi but one can only take so much
sex antics
before shaking their head in disappointment, or it might just me, dunno. Otherwise I liked how the MC's ability of intellect and photographic memory is pronounced to where every possible course of action is analyzed before proceeding, case in point:
The part where the MC tells Kazumi to not delve too far via the Internet.
Aside from that, hope the antics are toned down and next episode is better.

phaze

Fate/Zero 15-16

I wish some of other Masters got more screentime. Like Solai-Ui (sp?) and Kariya especially. Dude seems like a legitimately interesting character considering what he did to himself and yet he's gotten maybe like 7 minutes of screen time outside of the first episode. Instead the next two episodes are a Kiritsugu flashback zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yeah agreed, they could have taken less time with Caster and not wasted an entire episode on "Adventures of Loli Rin".

Trigun 22

This saint like behavior of Vash gets grating after a while. Priest guy actually gets shit done and with a cross shaped rocked launcher to boot !

Link Man

Banned
One Week Friends 8

NTR no Hime

Saki's "hehehe" is so infectious.

Beach episode yay!

iYfAw1ItK43jn.jpg

Shogo's such a boss.

Of course,
a photograph would definitely help with her memory

Oh gods, Saki teasing Hase is amazing.

Looks like the feels train is coming into the station next episode, damn.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wonzo had constantly told me to look at akb49 for idol culture so I've had a look into it. Considering how unflattering it is about the whole organisation I do find it odd they sold it in the official akb shops.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's mostly junk. The combat is kind of a mix of Nier and Dynasty Warriors, but with a terrible camera. The game is really easy because you can exploit dash cancels and the enemies have stupidly easy patterns. It's mission based with linear maps that are reused a ton. And you're fighting the same enemies the entire game, so it gets repetitive.

Drakengard 3 was developed by Access Games.

I don't know what people were expecting.

Link Man

Banned
Oh, and here's a useful tool for doing writeups while watching an episode:

data:text/html, <html contenteditable><Title>Notepad</Title>

Put it in your bookmarks, and you have an automatic text editor in your browser (you'll need to click the screen to start typing). Then just copy and paste.

zonezeus

Mahouka - 08

Yeah considered this show dropped for me. Yeah I know after 8 episodes it took me this long? Well I've only stuck around just to see how silly it is but with episode 8 this is just getting ridiculous. Nevermind that they can now fly but the fact that Tastuya just whipped up the solution to what was defined a puzzling problem to actual professionals, but nah Tastuya just says, "Fuck it y'all noobs." Oh and his sister worshiping him each episode is oh so wonderful, yeah I'm done.

Episode 8 also implies that he's
some kind of special forces
and
genius engineer Taurus Silver
. I wonder how many episodes will it take till we learn he's actually God.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Whoever told me to check out nichibros, I love you. Amazing show.

Chariot

I started reading it and really all I want is (manga spoilers)
Chitoge's glorious mother.

Cause hoooly shit I need that.
Yeah,
she
is great. The only good addition after Marika was introduced.
Onoderas sister and Rakus OTHER Childhoodfriend are meh. I just want Onodera to be happy, Nisekoi drags the key thing out way too long and the amount of keys is insane.
Child-Raku sure was a player.

Thoraxes

Yeah,
she
Onoderas sister and Rakus OTHER Childhoodfriend are meh. I just want Onodera to be happy, Nisekoi drags the key thing out way too long and the amount of keys is insane.

Lol yeah. I actually really am enjoying the manga so far though, because at least a lot of the stuff is pretty fun to me. I just like the cast.

I'm trying to make a conscious effort to read more manga these days too because it's a medium I haven't really touched outside of a few outliers.

cnet128

Banned
Yeah,
she

Psch,
Haru
is the best girl in the whole damn series who isn't called Onodera
...except she is called Onodera which just makes it even better XD

Osananajimi teacher
is the worst girl and worst thing to happen to the series, but I guess she does at least get hilarious reactions out of all the other characters.

Thoraxes

Psch,
Haru

Osananajimi teacher
is the worst girl and worst thing to happen to the series, but I guess she does at least get hilarious reactions out of all the other characters.

I do quite like
Haru too.

Chariot

Lol yeah. I actually really am enjoying the manga so far though, because at least a lot of the stuff is pretty fun to me. I just like the cast.

I'm trying to make a conscious effort to read more manga these days too because it's a medium I haven't really touched outside of a few outliers.
Yeah, its pretty enjoyable, but I think that Komi Naoshi can do so much more. No, I know that he can. Stupid Shounen Jump holding him back.

You ever read his Oneshots and Double Arts?
Psch,
Haru

Osananajimi teacher
Oh yeah,
Marikas reactions are hillarious.

Read Ore Monogatari. I won't ever stop promoting this shit. It's hilarious

edit: off topic but does someone know what the electronica song in the ufotable FSN trailer is? I love that song. I want it in me.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

edit: off topic but does someone know what the electronica song in the ufotable FSN trailer is? I love that song. I want it in me.

+1 for Ore Monogatari. It's just that good!

Pingpong 7

Peco training arc, and repeated use of same scene aside, it's still wonderful.

Batman opening treasure collection 7

I like sister type character~~
And Tensai Kiraboshi is the cutest thing in this episode

OT: Sorairo got banned? This must be the Zeppeli's curse...

Thoraxes

Yeah, its pretty enjoyable, but I think that Komi Naoshi can do so much more. No, I know that he can. Stupid Shounen Jump holding him back.

You ever read his Oneshots and Double Arts?Oh yeah,
Marikas reactions are hillarious.
I'll be sure to check that out. I've barely read any manga so i have no idea what's out there. I'll put that on the last. I'll look for the oneshots and Double Arts too.
Will check out.
+1 for Ore Monogatari. It's just that good!
3 people recommend it!

Chariot

I'll be sure to check that out. I've barely read any manga so i have no idea what's out there. I'll put that on the last. I'll look for the oneshots and Double Arts too.
I reccommend Island, Apple and Personant for your pleasure. Koi no Kami-sama and Williams are very nice, too. (Just to give you the titles)

Has Berserk finally run dry the goodwill the Golden Age arc bought it?

Miura has been on the edge for some years, but finally the God Sea part did it for me. After all these years and delays for Gatsu to mount in the freaking ship, when he finally does it... what happens? reach the island? Nooo Fight a random monster that doesn't have anything to do with the plot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom