• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
It was a mahou shoujo with a lot of fanservice that I didn't expect much out of. I thought Strike Witches was generally the same thing.

Vividred Operation - 1

Oh man, this show has :theonik written all over it!

This feels like some kind of weird mix between a super robot show and a mahou shoujo. I mean, the main girl gets a powerful weapon from her super scientist grandpa who turns into a ferret.

Hell, that transformation scene looked like she was going to turn into a mecha before it turned into mahou shoujo clothing!

Also, Alone is the worst name for an enemy ever.

Yeah its really fun. That show is the very embodiment of what Theonik and Zachy loves.

Midonin

Been a while since I've seen it, but Princess Nine? (I think it was called that. ADV heavily promoted it, IIRC.)
I forgot that one. Princess Nine, the modern day Taisho Baseball Girls. It has legal subs (and the dub) going up on Nozomi Ent.'s channel right now.

TUSR

Banned
Attack on Titan Episodes 1-25

I’ve been watching this the past week and finally finished it today. I enjoyed it but would have preferred it if
none of the humans could turn into Titans. If it had just been regular humans with their jetpack thingies overcoming the Titans I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more. Although seeing the final battle between Eren and the female Titan inside the city was really fucking cool.
Will probably start reading the manga now.

This is exactly what I wanted.

Don't read the manga, not that it's legibile anyways.

Man even CW's Arrow is a harem. And like always, it follows the rule that best girl never wins.

And this episode I just watched was heartbreaking as they know they care for each other but can't be together. Uguuuuuuuuuuu~

Hattori

Banned
Nisemonogatari 1
Fairly boring episode, will keep watching for Shuraragi abs.
------------------
Man that Watch_Doge is a gift that keeps on giving xD

The original Drakengard failed in that too. The story was an awful mess of dropped plot points and characters with basically no development.

Honestly, I'm not even sure how Yoko Taro managed to write Nier. It's like if the writer of SAO suddenly wrote Utena. WTF!

It's been so long since I played the original Drakengard so you're probably right. Nier just gave me the wrong expectations I guess.

Link Man

Banned
Wagnaria!! 6

Oh my, what a start!

Hmm, Sota's sisters are a bit dull in comparison to the rest of the cast.

Inami's starting to get a bit cute. And that's a novel solution for her phobia.

Wait, I'm starting to get harem vibes.

New character next time? Should be interesting.

Articalys

Harmonie

Finally got around to watching this. MC sounded familiar and turns out he was Matsuoka, go figure.

It was alright. Definitely looked really pretty.

Mature

Blood: The Last Vampire
This might be the least wordy thing Kenji Kamiyama has ever written. Though, admittedly, the film felt like it's expressed purpose was just a brief, atmospheric venture into a self-contained world. I enjoyed it, and the somber atmosphere of Yokota Air Base coupled with some stellar animation and easy-on-the-eyes character design made this an enjoyable, if fleeting, experience.

Joe Molotov

Softenni is wonderful and I will stand by that. Its off the wall sense of humor and light fanservice pleased my palate

I enjoyed Chitose's repeated attempts to eat a giant salamander and the final showdown
against the top soft tennis team in their mountain fortress.

TUSR

Banned
Hope it's STEM.

failfish.png

Tonari no Seki 21
Any robot family episode is a good episode.
Overall the show was decent getting me to laugh and changing the formula each episode slightly to keep the show from getting bland.

cajunator

Banned
As long as there's more Hidamari and SYD she will never retire.

And she'll never retire from being number 1 in my heart.

*swoons

All I know about it is that people called it Vivibutt Operation.

The most perfect name for it!

Any sport anime with girls instead of boys?

Taisho Baseball Girls is great!

That Watch_Dawg thread suddenly became really interesting

I love the car in that. It looks like a Modi Wyvern.

Taisho Baseball Girls isn't bad.

MadP with good taste.

Leave LA's alone, you meanies!

The job market sure is.

Andrew J.

Samurai Flamenco 08

What's striking to me is what hasn't changed. Goto's still a sounding board for moral problems, Mari tries to hog the spotlight, Joji's too busy with international trips to do anything, Masayoshi cares about other people beyond what most would consider reasonable...that stuff has been the core of the show, and it's still intact.

The upgrading of Samumenco's equipment is accelerating. Doesn't seem like it'll be too long before he's sporting full-on power armor like the dream sequence from the OP.

Looks like King Torture is lulling everyone into a false sense of security. Expected nothing less of a Sho Hayami character, but maybe he went a little too far making the monsters seem less threatening. Is buying up fruit even illegal?

Mekakucity Actors 07

ndEBqZEl.jpg

Woo, backstory! Less SHAFT than past episodes but at least we're moving forward.

Haikyuu!! 08

loQlZQBl.jpg

New character is the best.

Tonari no Seki-kun 21

NfnnN9vl.jpg

Great adaptation of the manga. Hopefully Vertical doesn't take forever to release the manga.

Ace of Diamond 33

I gotta say, this is the series of awesome laughs.

Ginga e Kickoff!! 31

It's always like everything falls apart in the first half of a match. Of course, Reika somehow still manages to save everything.

It is? I dont see any bannings yet.

Well I exaggerate currently with 'slaughterhouse' but the mods are hammers ready. Some bans already, including chickdigger for what I assume was sassing back, and I think tomorrow is when a lot of bans will occur if those who posted impressions don't post proof of purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom