• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

I already brought this up but I find it doubly insulting that it seems to be trying to riff off the Urusei Yatsura formula more blatantly than the likes of Tenchi Muyo did (heh, didn't even think of that until Hitokage brought it up, or maybe I forgot), but seemingly stripping it of (good) humor, missing some of the point, and ramping up the sex appeal factor by magnitudes. Then apparently getting infinitely worse post-resurrection what the hell.

Its more lewd than you can even imagine.

BcEi6Nt.jpg

MY. GOD.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...nime-including-non-non-biyori-nagi-no-asukara

The suspect is accused of using the file-sharing software Share (again) to upload the 3rd episodes of TV anime Non Non Biyori and Unbreakable Machine-Doll, the 4th episodes of Nagi no Asukara and Beyond the Boundary to the internet without the respective copyright holders' permission between November 9 and 16, 2013. He is sued by KADOKAWA for Non Non Biyori, Unbreakable Machine-Doll, Nagi no Asukara, and by Kyoto Animation for Beyond the Boundary. According to the police, he had illegally uploaded about 1,100 files, which were mainly anime titles. Needles to say, uploading and downloading TV programs (anime, drama, variety show, etc.) without their copyright holder's permission are illegal in Japan.

I'm not sure what's weirder, the fact that they went after a single uploader or the fact that they got him for these specific episodes.

Eusis

Anime bubble? It was sounding more like a slow collapse or something, or was there a recent boom I wasn't aware of? Or is this more like with AAA games, budgets spiraling out of control relative to the actual audience that's there?

Man he wasn't even uploading good anime. In a theoretical movie I'd play him. The scene would be amazing. Shit I want to be neck deep in cocaine as they burst in through the doors and they see Fate Zero copies up in the web. As they raise their guns and ask me to step away from the computer I stare at them directly in the eyes as I scream "Say hello to my little senpai!"

Then a slow motion scene as Ave Maria starts playing and I'm shot to death by the cops. As my blood splatters throughout the room hitting all of my deliciously tasteful paintings on the walls, my body falls to the floor right next to the broken computer screen. I was one click away.

With my final words I say "fuck Aniplex" as consciousness starts to fade away and I get into a Jesus position. Then "My Baby Blue" starts playing as the camera pans out and zooms out, the cops entering further into my man cave and investigating the vicinity.

Credits start rolling.

A bonus scene at the end of the credits show how Shirou finds my body and saves me. Saves me with his penis. Signaling the beginning of Fate Stay Night. I win the Oscar, narrowly beating DiCaprio. I drink his tears.

Man he wasn't even uploading good anime. In a theoretical movie I'd play him. The scene would be amazing. Shit I want to be neck deep in cocaine as they burst in through the doors and they see Fate Zero copies up in the web. As they raise their guns and ask me to step away from the computer I stare at them directly in the eyes as I scream "Say hello to my little friend!"

Then a slow motion scene as Ave Maria starts playing and I'm shot to death by the cops. As my blood splatters throughout the room hitting all of my deliciously tasteful paintings on the walls, my body falls to the floor right next to the broken computer screen. I was one click away.

With my final words I say "fuck Aniplex" as consciousness starts to fade away and I get into a Jesus position. Then "My Baby Blue" starts playing as the camera pans out and zooms out, the cops entering further into my man cave and investigating the vicinity.

Credits start rolling.

A bonus scene at the end of the credits show how Shirou finds my body and saves me. Saves me with his penis. Signaling the beginning of Fate Stay Night. I win the Oscar, narrowly beating DiCaprio. I drink his tears.

You've put a lot of thought into this, I see.

cajunator

Banned
Anime bubble? It was sounding more like a slow collapse or something, or was there a recent boom I wasn't aware of? Or is this more like with AAA games, budgets spiraling out of control relative to the actual audience that's there?

Well in the US there was back in the mid 2000s, the results of that bubble are seen in FYE's everywhere.

Man he wasn't even uploading good anime. In a theoretical movie I'd play him. The scene would be amazing. Shit I want to be neck deep in cocaine as they burst in through the doors and they see Fate Zero copies up in the web. As they raise their guns and ask me to step away from the computer I stare at them directly in the eyes as I scream "Say hello to my little senpai!"

Credits start rolling.

I just finished watching Colombiana with my dad too.

There's a deleted scene where as the cops burst in doves fly through the room and I spin around with water gun uzis and shoot them. The mountain dew bottles flying off the tables with the moe girl figurines somehow being able to withstand the water pressure.

I just finished watching Colombiana with my dad too.

I still laugh at how insulted my sister was at that movie for depicting us how they did. I never saw it, but I lol'd.

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/claris/info/440308

Huh, apparently one of the two girls that make up ClariS is leaving the duo to focus on her education.

edit clarification: I mean, ClariS hasn't been disbanded completely and they'll probably just find some other girl to take her place, but still.

Hm... Well... Good luck to her.

Credits start rolling.

Would watch. Oh, and Non Non Biyori is good :p

Eusis

Well in the US there was back in the mid 2000s, the results of that bubble are seen in FYE's everywhere.
Oh, definitely, I remember how things were ramping up and seemingly everything that'd matter was getting brought over, then it seemed to just collapse after a few years and got worse with blu-rays due to sharing Japan's region. I remember how Best Buy used to have a reasonably large section, now it's just a sad looking mix of blu-rays and DVDs.

I'm genuinely glad I've let go of my console fanboyism. I can't believe some of these people are grown males and still hold such passion for the console of choice. Jesus. If I even get banned during E3 it'll be due to my charm and witty nature not realizing when enough is enough.

cajunator

Banned
There's a deleted scene where as the cops burst in doves fly through the room and I spin around with water gun uzis and shoot them. The mountain dew bottles flying off the tables with the moe girl figurines somehow being able to withstand the water pressure.

I still laugh at how insulted my sister was at that movie for depicting us how they did. I never saw it, but I lol'd.

Well it depicted colombian drug lords and underlings in the cartels, so it was probably not representative of your typical law abiding citizen Colombian.

Anyone who doesn't like the Sony Playstation Vita is a Hitler.

welp

Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endyumion no Kiseki

An okay movie overall, very surprised that all characters from Railgun and Index made an appearance of some sort but as such with a set amount of time and a large amount of characters some are inevitably going to be shafted, in this case it was best character Accelerator. I mean I enjoyed the parts where he showed up but his presence felt very shoehorned in (which it probably was) and had no character interaction with any of the other characters.

Music is a very big theme here and as such had its highs and its lows, a low particularly being that of continuing a concert
when the space elevator its hosted in is starting to blow up? Really, come on.
Also I was sort of disappointed that the Endyumion/Space Elevator was nothing more than a
catalyst for a magic spell
, was hoping for more science-y or outer space-y stuff regarding it, such wasted potential. Also I still don't know who the fuck Ladylee is or what her motivation is for the entire thing, meh
besides dying anyway

Honestly, if Nisekoi was as lewd, I'd probably be willing to re---

actually nope... it would also need someone driving to go for the harem end to make me bother reading it.

So instead, I go back to Stone Ocean.

/XX/

I still remember the specula from Madoka Magica. It was incredible how EVERYTHING was analyzed. There was so much symbolism and random references thrown in there in every scene. Some of it was just Shaft doing what it does but all the Faustian imagery especially was impressive.
Yeah, that was cool. But the one I remember fondly (and the time that gave birth to the very 'SPECULAH' word) was So・Ra・No・Wo・To with its nice charts that spawned from the threads... very civil discussion and organized effort there was at the time.

YUTAPON should be proud of this! :p

Any sport anime with girls instead of boys?
That reminds me... Mai Ball! (マイぼーる!) animation series when?

But first... Mai Ball! (マイぼーる!) translations when? :-(

Jintor

The foul legend starts in Argentina in the summer of 1953, when Adolf Hitler, presumed dead, resurfaced sans mustache and hair...

Going unrecognised due to his remarkably good landscape paintings, he immigrated to Japan and began to illegal copy media and sell it on the black market.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, that was cool. But the one I remember fondly (and the time that gave birth to the very 'SPECULAH' word) was So・Ra・No・Wo・To with its nice charts that spawned from the threads... very civil discussion and organized effort there was at the time.

YUTAPON should be proud of this! :p

That reminds me... Mai Ball! (マイぼーる!) animation series when?

But first... Mai Ball! (マイぼーる!) translations when? :-(

Not a show I would expect to have a ton of speculah but I guess it does kind of make sense.

Mature

Perfect Blue
Loved it. It actually went in a direction that I initially thought Millennium Actress would go to. The constant lucid imagery and pacing of her dream state was nauseating in the best way possible. It's cool when the direction of a work can not only make you unsure of characters and their motivations, but also the genuine material state of any scene.

There's a certain "look" that Perfect Blue has, and certain other anime films from this time have, that use this muted gray tone that makes the whole presentation more melancholic— it just barely touches on a point of industrial decay. It's a sense of looming fabrication of everyone and everything. The last time I felt and noticed that was in Serial Experiments Lain. I really like it. The sound design and OST of Kon films are typically top tier, but here it surprised me even more. It added an entire extra layer of brutality.

Furthermore,
Tokyo Godfathers > Milennium Actress = Perfect Blue > Paprika

It's hard to put Paprika at the end of any list since I enjoyed it quite a bit, but Kon's filmography is one of excellence.

cajunator

Banned
Perfect Blue
Loved it. It actually went in a direction that I initially thought Millennium Actress would go to. The constant lucid imagery and pacing of her dream state was nauseating in the best way possible. It's cool when the direction of a work can not only make you unsure of characters and their motivations, but also the genuine material state of any scene.

There's a certain "look" that Perfect Blue has, and certain other anime films from this time have, that use this muted gray tone that makes the whole presentation more melancholic— it just barely touches on a point of industrial decay. It's a sense of looming fabrication of everyone and everything. The last time I felt and noticed that was in Serial Experiments Lain. I really like it. The sound design and OST of Kon films are typically top tier, but here it surprised me even more. It added an entire extra layer of brutality.

Furthermore,
Tokyo Godfathers > Milennium Actress = Perfect Blue > Paprika

It's hard to put Paprika at the end of any list since I enjoyed it quite a bit, but Kon's filmography is one of excellence.

Gotta disagree on Tokyo Godfathers being the best. Millennium Actress was Satoshi Kon's ultimate idea that contained all the things notable in his directing. It is a great movie on its own though.

DiGiKerot

Has anyone here gone to Anime Expo in LA before? I'm thinking about going since I'll be in the area during that time. Is it worth it?

A lot of the US con goers I've been talking to about this recently seem to have been pretty down on it in recent years - the counter-programming (that is, putting all the good stuff opposite each other to thin out the crowds) sounds like it's been getting a little too aggressive. I hear the registration line on the Thursday was a little rough last year as well.

That said, most of them are still going, so it can't be that bad, and I gather angela are actually doing a concert (or at least the band thinks they are - a friend asked them at ACen, though AX are being real slow to announce), and angela live are pretty freaking rad. Also, for all that we joke about his shows, Yamakan is actually pretty good value and entertaining to see talk as well.

Honestly, if you are going to be in the area anyway, there looks to be more than enough of interest going on that, even if you end up missing half of it due to scheduling conflicts, it'll be a pretty great time.

Don't know why but seems 2ch hate Mahouka so much(though it also have a lot normal thread posts),while Sidonia,NGNL,WIXOSS have nice discussion amount
Quote from 4chan(only including new shows,so sequel shows like LoveLive and JoJo etc won't be here)
Spring 2014 Anime total posts on 2ch

Knights of Sidonia - 57,075 posts
Mahouka hate thread - 47,752
Mahouka - 39,541
No Game No Life - 33,530
Selector Infected WIXOSS - 29,619
Gokukoku no Brynhildr - 22,030
Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka - 21,072
Mekaku City Actors - 19,961
Akuma no Riddle - 19,722
Hitsugi no Chaika - 17,149
Black Bullet - 16,879
Captain Earth - 14,053
Ping Pong The Animation - 13,957
Isshuukan Friends - 12,624
Kenzen Robo Daimidaler - 12,408
Soul Eater Not - 10,381
Ryuugajou Nanana - 10,287
Haikyuu - 9,373
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou - 8,994
Atelier Escha to Logy - 8,803
Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii - 6,406
Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to - 5,027
Seikoku no Dragonar - 4,806
M3 - 4,343

I gotta call bullshit on these percentages being thrown around. 64% of all percentages shown on the internet were made up on the spot so I'd need some hard facts to back those claims up.

Don't know why but seems 2ch hate Mahouka so much(though it also have a lot normal thread posts),while Sidonia,NGNL,WIXOSS have nice discussion amount
Quote from 4chan(only including new shows,so sequel shows like LoveLive and JoJo etc won't be here)

At the very least that dragon filth is at the bottom. Fuck that show and whoever created it. I have never felt so insulted.

And I watched your favorite anime.

Branduil

Everyone hates Mahouka. Some people just don't realize it yet.

Mature

A lot of the US con goers I've been talking to about this recently seem to have been pretty down on it in recent years - the counter-programming (that is, putting all the good stuff opposite each other to thin out the crowds) sounds like it's been getting a little too aggressive. I hear the registration line on the Thursday was a little rough last year as well.

That said, most of them are still going, so it can't be that bad, and I gather angela are actually doing a concert (or at least the band thinks they are - a friend asked them at ACen, though AX are being real slow to announce), and angela live are pretty freaking rad. Also, for all that we joke about his shows, Yamakan is actually pretty good value and entertaining to see talk as well.

Honestly, if you are going to be in the area anyway, there looks to be more than enough of interest going on that, even if you end up missing half of it due to scheduling conflicts, it'll be a pretty great time.
Registration, planning, and staff were all awful last year, but they're usually fine/great. That being said, I'd always recommend going. It's a lot of fun, even if just for the exhibition hall. Don't forget to go to the Laser Disc room!

Your favorite Satoshi Kon movie is SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Haha. I don't know why Tokyo Godfathers resonated so much for me. I'd think that it'd either be Millennium Actress or Perfect Blue on paper, but the charm of TG was just too great.

cajunator

Banned
Registration, planning, and staff were all awful last year, but they're usually fine/great. That being said, I'd always recommend going. It's a lot of fun, even if just for the exhibition hall. Don't forget to go to the Laser Disc room!

Haha. I don't know why Tokyo Godfathers resonated so much for me. I'd think that it'd either be Millennium Actress or Perfect Blue on paper, but the charm of TG was just too great.

Its a great movie. I basically worship Satoshi Kon's work so of course I'd love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom