• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Psycho Pass VN for the Xbone? Why?
is it really a Vn ? I was uner the impression that nobody wanted to make Vn for it since the vast majority of the market was elsewhere.
Do you want the Kinect to read your Crime Coefficient or not?
That would be one of the best use of kinect Ever.
ejEAXxN.jpg

. _.

It was bound to exist in this game

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kurita plz
:kuritasadface

---

I made a post here and in the Poster thread about trying to get together a bunch of people interested in doing a commission for an Aria poster: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=112894246&postcount=15414

Ultimately I'm not sure if there's enough interest in either the actual project or perhaps the property, but since I've got 7 interested people from AnimeGAF already, I thought I'd just post this a second time to see if anyone else might be interested.

Essentially, I'd like to do a poster commission for a piece based on some aspect of Aria. Everything would be decided by the group of people who would want in on the poster, including the artist, what the poster would look like, and so on, but for reference I would hope it would come out like this album art:
HRgd9Cpl.jpg

So, something with the main characters with some aspect of Venice/Neo Venezia in the background.

So why Aria? New members of AnimeGAF may not know, but Aria is one of my favourite anime and television shows. Through a science fiction utopian world view, Aria tells a heartwarming slice of life story that celebrates human life through the small wonders that are littered throughout our everyday lives. Having a piece of Aria art would hopefully capture some aspect of that magic, giving people a small window into a sentimental world full of joie de vivre. I know it'd probably be much easier to just take a page out of Amano's manga or art book and then just blow that up to poster size, but making this poster happen with other fans of Aria or anime would make that window something unique to our little shared community.

As I mentioned, we have 7 people interested - pretty much all of the Aria fans that I know of, but Mockingbird suggested that we need about 15 people to make the commission viable, so we're about half way there in terms of people who want in on the project.

I'm not sure how much each poster would cost - I assume it depends ultimately on which artist is chosen, how big the poster ends up being, whether it is in colour or not, but the Kiki poster that Mockingbird did a while ago cost 40 dollars or so... so I'm guessing that's the ballpark figure.

Mockingbird has also kindly offered to handle the logistics of the project if it goes forward, and I'm grateful because he clearly has the experience with speaking to artists and getting all the printing and shipping done (I appreciated his expert packaging of the posters to protect them in transit!).

If you are interested, feel free to PM me and reply to this post.

Thanks!

cajunator

Banned
Magica Madoka Episode 3

Welp, I wondered when it'd start turning darker, and not just Silent Hill-esque nightmare landscapes!

Eheheheheheee

My theory is that anime fans don't really have a long attention span.

What did you say? Oh. I guess maybe.

I think I know what you're saying, but that's not it.

Could very well be. I always cringe when I read episode thread and some people seem to have watched the anime on a second screen while fapping to sex slave chronicles.

Sure, but people were surprised in episode 3. And then again in episode 7. In literally the first seconds you can feel something off. Plus even the happy parts have something sinister waning above them. And QB is maybe a hit to creepy designed, its just too obvious even with the cute voice.

DEARS?

Once the show got started, for sure. I just think a lot of that (even throughout the series) had to go with the way they set up expectations before slapping it on good. I felt like it was a lot different when it was airing (and we were all none the wiser). Nobody was really able to predict anything (outside of the general tone once it got going), and it made for a fun sense of community at the time.

A lot of it has to do with the expanded audience it attracted though, too. It reached a lot more mainstream than many expected.

Speculah was so much fun with everyone. Nobody really knew what was going to happen, though a lot of people nailed certain aspects. I think it surprised the majority of people.

I'm guessing people didn't check who wrote Madoka. If your familiar with Urobuchi then you know he is going to kill off characters.

Urobuchi knew people would be onto his ploy, so he purposefully tried to conceal his involvement. Once it leaked, people started calling the show "Chidamari Sketch"

thanks guys :)

i haven't watched anime in years but for some reason i was hit with this really translucent flashback of summers in japan and afternoon suns and eating blue popsicles

Non Non Biyori or Silver Spoon.
Maybe Hanasaku No Iroha.

You're Under Arrest: read it or watch it? what do

Watch alllllllllll of it.
Then hug the dvd cases because its so awesome.
Well I did. that part is optional.

cajunator

Banned

---

I made a post here and in the Poster thread about trying to get together a bunch of people interested in doing a commission for an Aria poster: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=112894246&postcount=15414

Ultimately I'm not sure if there's enough interest in either the actual project or perhaps the property, but since I've got 7 interested people from AnimeGAF already, I thought I'd just post this a second time to see if anyone else might be interested.

Essentially, I'd like to do a poster commission for a piece based on some aspect of Aria. Everything would be decided by the group of people who would want in on the poster, including the artist, what the poster would look like, and so on, but for reference I would hope it would come out like this album art:
HRgd9Cpl.jpg

So, something with the main characters with some aspect of Venice/Neo Venezia in the background.

So why Aria? New members of AnimeGAF may not know, but Aria is one of my favourite anime and television shows. Through a science fiction utopian world view, Aria tells a heartwarming slice of life story that celebrates human life through the small wonders that are littered throughout our everyday lives. Having a piece of Aria art would hopefully capture some aspect of that magic, giving people a small window into a sentimental world full of joie de vivre. I know it'd probably be much easier to just take a page out of Amano's manga or art book and then just blow that up to poster size, but making this poster happen with other fans of Aria or anime would make that window something unique to our little shared community.

As I mentioned, we have 7 people interested - pretty much all of the Aria fans that I know of, but Mockingbird suggested that we need about 15 people to make the commission viable, so we're about half way there in terms of people who want in on the project.

I'm not sure how much each poster would cost - I assume it depends ultimately on which artist is chosen, how big the poster ends up being, whether it is in colour or not, but the Kiki poster that Mockingbird did a while ago cost 40 dollars or so... so I'm guessing that's the ballpark figure.

Mockingbird has also kindly offered to handle the logistics of the project if it goes forward, and I'm grateful because he clearly has the experience with speaking to artists and getting all the printing and shipping done (I appreciated his expert packaging of the posters to protect them in transit!).

Thanks!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

INCOMING ZACHY SQUEEING

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Will watch/contribute if firehawk were to watch Utena!
will chip in if firehawk watches the first 13eps of logh
What are the stretch goals?
I have no idea what Aria is. Call me if you want to commission a JoJo/YowaPeda piece.
I'll make those the stretch goals. If this happens, I will stop watching new anime until I finish Utena and at least 26 eps of LOGH. lol

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

INCOMING ZACHY SQUEEING
Zach is actually one of the people who is interested! Would you like to join us in on this crazy journey?

Dynedom

Puchimas!! Petit Petit Idolmaster - 45

That first shop has illegal amounts of :cajun. Yukipo, Miurasan, Yayo, Makocchi, Io and Takanya? That's almost like the top tier right there.

cajunator

Banned
I'll make those the stretch goals. If this happens, I will stop watching new anime until I finish Utena and at least 26 eps of LOGH. lol

Zach is actually one of the people who is interested! Would you like to join us in on this crazy journey?

*gives you moneeeyyyyyyyyy

Articalys

Ugh, Funi's got the simulcast for Terror in Tokyo (or Terror in Resonance, as I guess it's now officially called, going back to a more literal translation of the Japanese name). I was looking forward to that show too.

sonicmj1

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket 4

These last two episodes have been really good.

ibxf3aBV0zg5Kb.jpg

I know just enough compsci to know that this is assembly code. Seems improbable to be using that to hack, but what do I know.

This show has been doing a great job of developing a group of reasonable adults who happen to be on opposite sides of a conflict about to boil over. Everyone's being used, and nobody's really fighting for anything they believe in. They fight because they have to, or because they've been fighting so long that it's too late to turn back. It's a brutally unromantic view of war. Even the action in this episode (a surprisingly bloody gunfight) seemed pretty unheroic.

itNBfyOgaOinx.jpg

Kid may be dumb, but he's got taste. Zakus are a way cooler design than Fed suits.

Al doesn't know anything, and it's easy to hate him because he's a dumb kid, but it seems like he might actually learn something soon, so I'm happy. I'm really looking forward to next time.

I like how the Federation seem like a bunch of bureaucratic jerks in this episode.

---

http://i.imgur.com/HRgd9Cpl.jpg

Thanks!

I'm down for this.

-Horizon-

I figured it out, if I ever want to make myself cry uncontrollably, I watch Gintama 248. I've gone through most of them a couple of times but its always this one that gets me the most ;-;

Link Man

Banned
Wagnaria!! 8

Actually, the crew of Wagnaria seems impossibly small. Only 2 cooks? What do they do when one of them has a day off? I would think they would need at least one more.

Hot spring episode, yay!

Lol, subverting expectations. Yamada is best.

iTpW5EUZU3sOV.jpg

On a side note, I really love how Soma's sparkles are black.

How sweet, Inami can recognize Sota with her fist.

...maybe I shouldn't get excited for fanservice.

iX7n8ox71l8RV.gif

cajunator

Banned
Wagnaria!! 8

Actually, the crew of Wagnaria seems impossibly small. Only 2 cooks? What do they do when one of them has a day off? I would think they would need at least one more.

Hot spring episode, yay!

iTpW5EUZU3sOV.jpg

iX7n8ox71l8RV.gif

See? I knew you'd understand!

Magica Madoka Episode 3

Welp, I wondered when it'd start turning darker, and not just Silent Hill-esque nightmare landscapes!

I had the exact same reaction. People wouldn't stop going on about:

"oh man, the third episode"
"the third episode is where everything changes"
"I thought it would be all normal, but then the third episode came."

So I checked it out, and
I was confused at first. Halfway through the episode there's the nice heartwarming scene. What's so dark about tha-

*chomp*

OHHHHHHHHHH.

It wasn't a big "HOLY SHIT" moment. But it is still pretty shocking.

Vividred Operation - 5

Wp9w1gk.png

In all honesty, I wasn't expecting the villain of this show to be female Corvo.

And just to show that Rei totally isn't like Madoka Magica's Homura Akemi,
Let's give her some guns to use as weapons as she scales a building? CUZ YOU KNOW, HOMURA DOESN'T USE GUNS! She definitely doesn't stick a Gun in her ass, that's for sure (seriously what the hell at that scene)!

Whatever. At least now there's an actual villain and Rei's back story is at least different than Homura's. Though it does strike some similarities to another magical girl show I watched, but I'll look over it this time. Because now I can look forward to an awesome final battle sequence once the truth is out. I hope, this show hasn't exactly been doing great with it's so-called "fight" scenes, so I'll keep my expectations set.

But other than that, this episode was pretty heart-warming at times, I have to admit.

Wagnaria!! 8

Hot spring episode, yay!

iTpW5EUZU3sOV.jpg

iX7n8ox71l8RV.gif

Started watching this show a while back, its pretty great. Whos that server with the blue hair and glasses though? Usually there for a few seconds per episode.

Meier

Huh. I guess they've wrapped on the English language live-action remake of Kite. I have no clue how neutered this will be.. I guess if you just take out the penis from the sex scenes, maybe it could be a Hard R.

Jex

Huh. I guess they've wrapped on the English language live-action remake of Kite. I have no clue how neutered this will be.. I guess if you just take out the penis from the sex scenes, maybe it could be a Hard R.

What I find funny about stuff like this is that much of the discussion surrounding anime-to-Hollywood properties focused on e.g. Akira and Evangelion but the movies that actually end up getting made is stuff like Kite and, more tangentitally, The Edge of Tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom