• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

That wasn't a beer. That was a soda.

xjqXneH.jpg

It was a Heineken in the manga though
Well, that sounds kind of foul to drink.

Then the last time I clearly recall someone underage drinking in a TV broadcast anime was Ranma during that Romeo & Juliet play. Unless that ALSO stuck something in to be "they're not drinking we swear! She's just having the wildest sugar high!"

Or that could've been a tape/DVD/blu-ray exclusive, whatever.

Silver Spoon S2 11

This is true. Has gone from a bit annoying at the start of the first season to likable.

Hachiken stands up for his friends if not for himself. And Hachiken's mother learns more about Hachiken.

It's a really funny show and it's pretty realistic. The second half starts to get more serious and got less comedy than the first half, but that's fine too. I really like this show so I give this 4.5/5 vice presidents:
ygAZAHM.png
ygAZAHM.png
ygAZAHM.png
ygAZAHM.png
0jLHkUE.png

Hoping for a third season.

Dub trailer was uh. Satsuki sounded okay, but Ryuko was pretty bad. Senketsu was weird too

English dubs often sound off to me lately because I have been watching more simulcasts in the past years. I wouldn't say the latest English dubs from series today are bad, but it is hard to listen to characters that don't match the voices I heard when watching the original simulcasts.

$60 for four episodes and those things, kind of a weak offering considering the unexciting dub being paired with it. Uzu was the best english voice of the mix, while Senketsu seemed the most improved over the JPN cast since he doesnt sound like an pervy old man anymore. Satsuki didnt sound as if she still had the presence to command anymore and just too average high schoolery.

No Game No Life 8
Pretty amazing. Crazy amount of references and some fanservice. The ending was pretty damn interesting. Nice detail in the ED to tease what's happening
I'm going to guess Sora purposedly lost some game to aid in the upcoming game

Clov

Looks like a pretty nice limited edition. If I liked Kill la Kill a bit more, I'd even buy it! I'll save my money to get the first half of Fate/Zero instead. Have to complete my collection.

Branduil

The Tamako Love Story movie is Shinkai-approved:

https://twitter.com/shinkaimakoto/statuses/471606622276444161

Though if I'm reading that correctly, he also admits he never watched the TV series.

"Once this love story ' I watched. To stay-was a very cute movie. TV unmi is whats entertaining! Incidentally from the public human menstruation are supposed to be the theatre was 8% with. Wow I wish I...

I don't think this twitter translation is very accurate.

duckroll

Chaika - Episode 8

Fun for an anime original side story. I like how they're taking the time to develop the state of the world and how various different types of people viewed the war and the main players. It's something I think Scrapped Princess did really well too. Not groundbreaking or anything, but the effort is certainly appreciated, and the characters are very pleasant. The "trick" they performed with the dragoon was roflmao worthy though. Sooo good.

Riposte

Whoa the art change around episode 25 in Legend of the Galatic Heroes is messing with my brain, especially Kircheis. I don't quite like it... he looks so generic now.

Clov

To be fair, it's possible that Silver Spoon may get a Blu-Ray release later. It happened with Durarara and the Gurren Lagann movies. It's not very likely mind you, but it could happen. Maybe.

sonicmj1

I don't think this twitter translation is very accurate.

It was cute, he liked it even though he didn't watch the TV series, and he was surprised that the theater was 80% full even though it opened a month ago.

I had a surprisingly hard time finding tickets myself. I planned on going to a 2:00ish show on a weekday afternoon, but when I got there about 45 minutes in advance, the tickets were sold out, and I had to catch the next showing.

Articalys

It was cute, he liked it even though he didn't watch the TV series, and he was surprised that the theater was 80% full even though it opened a month ago.

I had a surprisingly hard time finding tickets myself. I planned on going to a 2:00ish show on a weekday afternoon, but when I got there about 45 minutes in advance, the tickets were sold out, and I had to catch the next showing.
Though when I think about it, it's not like there's anything you really need to know from the TV series before watching the movie. I'm sure it explains anything important early on anyway.

cajunator

Banned
Kill La Kill Release Info is out. Set is LE, Bluray or DVD and there is a Dub

Cover for Vol 1
EDFa1My.jpg

Contents for LE
cnHnDTs.jpg

http://www.killlakill.com/blu-ray_dvd/

Vol 1 covers EP 1-4 (there will be 5 Volumes)

LE is $59.98
Bluray is $39.98
DVD is $29.98

Its kind of funny how Big news like this happens literally in the couple of hours during my naps. I stay up a while, not much happens, I catch up to the thread, get sleepy and wake up two hours later and theres suddenly some big new release posted. Usually within a couple posts of my last lol. Yall sneaking around.

Chaika - Episode 8

Fun for an anime original side story. I like how they're taking the time to develop the state of the world and how various different types of people viewed the war and the main players. It's something I think Scrapped Princess did really well too. Not groundbreaking or anything, but the effort is certainly appreciated, and the characters are very pleasant. The "trick" they performed with the dragoon was roflmao worthy though. Sooo good.

Ducky I think Bones never really had a downturn, more that they just finally adapted something worthwhile. They clearly still have talent and their old identity, just they finally stumbled upon some good source material. Picking the right source material can often be the difference. Studios need to just stop adapting dull stupid things and get to the good stuff. Im not certain how difficult this is or if its even possible and maybe studios just have to settle when they can find work.

Mako and Nonon's voices are PERFECT.

Articalys

Its kind of funny how Big news like this happens literally in the couple of hours during my naps. I stay up a while, not much happens, I catch up to the thread, get sleepy and wake up two hours later and theres suddenly some big new release posted. Usually within a couple posts of my last lol. Yall sneaking around.
Well, in this case there was a set time for a livestream, so it was pretty predictable.

Superflat

Copy/pasting from the KLK thread:

Ryuuko sounds like a normal voice trying to sound husky. She's practically whispering some lines to make it sound menacing/give it some husk, and that's not a good voice for Ryuuko at all, who yells all her lines clearly.

Satsuki's voice sounds pretty good, but Gamagoori sounds weirdly muted despite the over-the-top yelling. Maybe it's a mixing issue? A bit too much gruff too, imo. It makes his voice sound flat as a result. Hope there's variation in his voice in the actual show.

The rest of the elite four sound really good, was surprised at how good they casted Nonon.

Senketsu just sounds like... some guy. LOL

cajunator

Banned

Its close enough. Not like the studios have a rich and varied talent pool to work with in the US. they got Nonon as close as possible with who they have. Hers is a very distinct and unique voice and from the little bit we can hear they chose a pretty fitting VA.

Well, in this case there was a set time for a livestream, so it was pretty predictable.

True and my internal sleep clock seems to miss those Livestreams like clockwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom