• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
kayosvqs89.jpg

:kayos

He's not cute enough for that. :(

wow rude

z02VZDV.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, both Zac and Jeff have the same kind of "eh, well, I guess it's ok" tone these days.
The difference being Jeff doesn't have a college education that he feels the need to show off every time he speaks.

I would enjoy being part of a podcast. I might be a bit loud though.
Someone just needs to put in the minimum amount of work to record one. lol
I mean, at this point PersonaGAF has the longest running GAF podcast iirc... and all they talk about is Persona!

Eusis

Madoka Magica Episode 8 - This is more like what I expected when people were saying Episode 7 was another "well shit" episode. But I was figuring SOMETHING like this was going to happen, because really now
wouldn't a witch be by definition a magical girl, and vice versa?
This does raise the question of
what familiars are, but I'm guessing the next episode clarifies that, and if not I kind of figure a magical girl's like a familiar that still has her humanity, or they're just split off from a witch's power.

cajunator

Banned
The difference being Jeff doesn't have a college education that he feels the need to show off every time he speaks.

I mean, at this point PersonaGAF has the longest running GAF podcast iirc... and all they talk about is Persona!

Man I dont even have a college degree to flaunt lol.
Animegaf just needs someone who knows how to set it up and two or three people who are like "fuck it lets do this".
I would participate just to do it but others would be needed. Some of yall, just say "hell with it" and join!

Dresden

but we don't have a business plan - gotta contact squarespace and stamps.com first, get those contracts set up, put up some ads on itunes, pimp it with 8-4 or something.

cajunator

Banned
but we don't have a business plan - gotta contact squarespace and stamps.com first, get those contracts set up, put up some ads on itunes, pimp it with 8-4 or something.

thats when "time" comes up and knocks me out of the running. I would only participate every other week. Or else have to record something separate when Im working.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You mean advertise for a f2p Sega card game that no one cares about??

Animegaf just needs someone who knows how to set it up and two or three people who are like "fuck it lets do this".
I would participate just to do it but others would be needed. Some of yall, just say "hell with it" and join!
Everyone is too lazy. :(

Dynedom

Jexhius: I saw you pimping Eureka 7 in that "animated series from the past decade" thread. In fact, I see a lot of BONES love.

I hope you will apply such love to Captain Earth. despite its obvious flaws.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gotta pimp Nature Box as well bro!
Who doesn't want all natural snacks delivered RIGHT TO YOUR DOOR every month? I'm getting hungry thinking about it right now! Thank god I have this all natural banana chocolate chip cupcake to enjoy!

By the way, did you know that you can try glasses before you buy them? Warby Parker's got you covered.

And I won't forget the gents! I know how hard it is to find a razor these days. I mean, who wants to go to the drug store when you could just stay at home? Harry's, where shaving comes home!

Narag

Set up a domain via GoDaddy to link to a site created with SquareSpace who you pay with checks mailed from Stamps.com while reading Kawahara audiobooks on audible.

Also, dildos from Adam and Eve.

Can promote it with famous guest stars like firehawk12 from the bravo whiskey podcast.

Fate/Zero S2 4
Well of course it was gonna end like that. I mean how could you not see that coming.
Toska even gave Kirei the knife. Like seriously? I honestly thought he would put up a fight. How uneventful.

Rin is honestly too cute. Almost did a Cajun squee seeing her. Really feels like the show is gearing up for the last fight.

CorvoSol

Macross 7 16

In which Mylene pouts and pouts and the show expects me to care about Gamlin when he has to be the dorkiest rival of all time. In spite of that, I really don't want there to be any love triangle involving Mylene cuz she's friggin 14.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can promote it with famous guest stars like firehawk12 from the bravo whiskey podcast.
I'll come on your IS-SAO podcast!

Are people actually lazy or perhaps just afraid of being heard by the public?
I totally do one if we just went the easy route. I'm fine with the sound of my voice.
The most ghetto and easy way to do it would be to do it via Hangouts and have it recorded on Youtube. If you aren't interested in throwing in music or any kind of post production, it's really simple. It's only if you're going insane do you buy the microphone with the pop screen and buy a mixer/compressor to make everything sound good and record every individual track in wav format to be edited on Garage Band later.

Macross 7 16

In which Mylene pouts and pouts and the show expects me to care about Gamlin when he has to be the dorkiest rival of all time. In spite of that, I really don't want there to be any love triangle involving Mylene cuz she's friggin 14.
The love triangle barely exists, Macross 7 isn't really about romance.

I think it's just general laziness. I used to do a community podcast called the Killzone Killcast a few years ago. It was fun but a lot of work. I thought it was rough but people on the Killzone forums loved it so we did quite a few episodes until most of us got busy being in college and whatnot. It was fun while it lasted.

cajunator

Banned
I totally do one if we just went the easy route. I'm fine with the sound of my voice.

Same here. I dont think people would mind my voice at all and I wouldnt care if they did XD

Fate/Zero S2 4

Well of course it was gonna end like that. I mean how could you not see that coming.
Toska even gave Kirei the knife. Like seriously? I honestly thought he would put up a fight. How uneventful.

Rin is honestly too cute. Almost did a Cajun squee seeing her. Really feels like the show is gearing up for the last fight.

:D

Thoraxes

The most ghetto and easy way to do it would be to do it via Hangouts and have it recorded on Youtube. If you aren't interested in throwing in music or any kind of post production, it's really simple. It's only if you're going insane do you buy the microphone with the pop screen and buy a mixer/compressor to make everything sound good and record every individual track in wav format to be edited on Garage Band later.

That's what I figured. I like how P1P does theirs in that they do the hangout, but go the extra mile to mix everything too. Just a hangout would be fine by me though.

CorvoSol

The love triangle barely exists, Macross 7 isn't really about romance.

Oh, well that's good news, then. After Macross II and Macross + I was worried that it was sort of a requirement to have one in a Macross show.

Clannad 13

So, approximately halfway through the first season, here is where I am at with this show. After last episode's incredibly insipid decision to revive a character whose exit from the cast had been the presumed emotional culmination of the show until that point for the sake of the most throw-away of gags, I honestly find myself distrustful of this show's every movement, and this has left me in a hypercritical state. Do I really care about what's going on? Do I really sympathize with any of this? Or am I simply being manipulated by some tranquil music, the sound of a woman's quavering voice teetering on the edge of tears, and the burning red and orange of sunset? Does the writing itself move me?

I can't honestly say. I feel and lean toward the more negative sway after that shit in last episode, which has deposited a foul taste in my mouth I cannot remove. I don't think things are particularly well written at all this arc. Kotomi is a genius but acts more like an idiot until quite suddenly she is capable of speaking and behaving like a perfectly normal if emotionally stressed young woman? I cannot abide the swinging of this character. And what's the need for
Tomoya to have met her as a child
? Not only is that an incredibly overused twist in stories, but it doesn't add anything to their relationship. If anything, it complicates and cheapens it. Why must there be some special, secret past driving this relationship when last arc showed that we could do nice things to people we'd just met? And while the frequent infodumps about Kotomi have been, well, informative, their relation to
Tomoya
has done absolutely nothing for his character. I'm left with an assortment of unhappy queries about the entire decision, really, and I can't help but feel that this would all work much better if first, it was not motivated by so timeworn a twist, second, it wasn't coming off the heels of an arc which was built almost entirely upon the exact same premise and third, if more time in this arc had been spent upon development of the character and her need for this aid and less time upon LALALA SHITTY VIOLINS AND IDIOT SAVANTS. It all feels rather haphazard.

At the moment, what I crave most is that after this show inevitably spends the next 12 episodes finishing the construction of Not-Yu-Narukami's harem here, it will then proceed to go Monogatari SS on him and tear the harem to pieces bit by bit by bit. Watching as each and every one of these freakishly large eyed cockroach women turned upon Instant Anime Protagonist here would go a great way towards easing me out of this constant worry that I'm being cajoled by the show into feeling things that the writing does not merit me needing to feel.

BluWacky

Dex0nU6.gif

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

The odd time being a music major and taking music history has caused me to stop watching an anime

Vaguely off-topic, but Sakanaction (one of the biggest upcoming Jpop bands around at the moment - yes, big enough that they don't do anime themes) released a single a few years ago that was based around the premise that the singer was romantically depressed because he'd listened to Bach music alone at night.

That and dancing mannequins.

sonicmj1

Actually lazy. I'm involved in a few different podcast projects, because none of them ask anything more of me than showing up at my computer and talking for a while.

I'd be in if we did a podcast, but based on the stuff I've done lately, I'd want it to be focused on a specific show or topic that everyone on the cast can discuss. If there was some way to overlap that with firehawk watching Utena, I might even be motivated to put in additional effort.

Corvo I promise this will all pay off. If not, well at least your getting me to watch G Gundam. I plan on making a dent into that show tomorrow because you have been so great in progressing through Clannad. I really want this to pay off for you. Last thing I want to do is have the show waste your time. It's all building to Clannad After Story.

I told you the first season would be a rough ride with its ups and downs. I am not gonna say you don't deserve to be hypercritical. You've certainly earned that right. Just know that this will pay off.

Oh, well that's good news, then. After Macross II and Macross + I was worried that it was sort of a requirement to have one in a Macross show.

Well, it actually is. Macross 7 is just the lone title in the franchise that doesn't make the romance central. Though a lot of that is because Macross 7 doesn't take itself very seriously and Basara isn't exactly the type of lead suitable for a love story.

Theonik

Vividred Operation - 9

AND ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF SIGNIFICANCE HAPPENED IN THIS EPISODE.

An episode like this would have been acceptable if this were a longer show, but it's not! There's only three more episodes left and this episode was nothing but :sdburton. CAN WE GET BACK TO THE MAIN STORY PLEASE?!? IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?
I don' t understand.

Madp you're dead to me. No wixxos incest plot synopsis.
I kinda almost wish the AnimeGAF podcast to be a thing now so we can have a narrated "This is the kind of show wixxos is".

AnimeGAFCast featuring an ALL STAR PANEL with duckroll bringing all the hype every day of the week, Jexhius with his fancy glasses and his crazy insightful analysis, kayos90 and his ufotable hypetrain, and last and definitely least pshyconinja not shutting up about Clannad, all hosted by your AnimeGAF favorite Articalys.
Are we doing the Okada dream staff thing again?
Also Jexhius is about COATS not glasses.

kayos is a pure and innocent soul.
Kayos needs only Starcraft and Tales of Xilia to subsist.

Eusis

Madoka Magica Fin

Marathoned through to the end. I kinda feel like the dark side of it may've peaked with 3, but that was probably like ripping off a bandaid you knew had to come off anyway. I'd like to see Rebellion sometime, but Aniplex pricing, and Netflix doesn't have the disc (though they've been getting bad about stocking new DVDs/blu-rays compared to the past.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom