• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

I know there's a lot of competition, but the Index/Railgun franchise has got to be one of the worst in anime, Index in particular. It's got absolutely no redeeming values, and so many awful anime cliches it's somewhat unbelievable. Is there anything good about the franchise at all
apart from maybe Uiharu in Railgun
? I can't think of anything.

Punching lolis and females in the face.

LogicStep

They don't make shows like this any more with exception of Ano Natsu this year. I can't believe I expect J.C.Staff of all studios to keep romance genre alive.

:'(

Well hopefully there's stuff to go back to since I haven't seen much... still sucks. This has to be the best one I've seen in the genre.

Makoto

I know there's a lot of competition, but the Index/Railgun franchise has got to be one of the worst in anime, Index in particular. It's got absolutely no redeeming values, and so many awful anime cliches it's somewhat unbelievable. Is there anything good about the franchise at all
apart from maybe Uiharu in Railgun
? I can't think of anything.
The concept I suppose, but it squanders it in astronomical ways. If I were in charge, I'd do away with the magic portion of the universe and just focus exclusively on Academy City and its inhabitants.

Narag

Getter Robo Armageddon 01:

You're in for quite the treat. This entry is actually a sequel to drama CDs called The Moon Wars or some such and doesn't tie into the TV series (which is considerably tamer than this) or manga. Ryoma's the man too and up there with Domon Kasshu or Guy Shishioh. First three eps are directed by Imagawa before he was let go due to creative differences iirc and are just plain awesome. Show also contains one of the best mecha fights I've ever seen, maybe even the best.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Damn guys... I just realized... I'm loving Toradora so much, I don't think I can explain how much I'm loving it. It's exactly the type of anime I like and this one is doing it so good... I just hate to think I will get to the end of it and it fucking sucks :( Up to ep 11 now so almost halfway through. Damn it! :'(
It's a good show. People who say otherwise are in denial.

Ultimadrago

Getter Robo Armageddon 01:

I'm watching this series as part of a trade with Grzi, and he picked a fine choice for me. The plot is nothing amazing so far, so expect future episode impressions to be much shorter and more readable than this!

Good choice from Grzi, man. Hope you enjoy it.

Ryouma is awesome, so you should get to know him, hang out on weekends and so forth.

The concept I suppose, but it squanders it in astronomical ways. If I were in charge, I'd do away with the magic portion of the universe and just focus exclusively on Academy City and its inhabitants.
It's not the only time something has had a seemingly decent premise and then completely ruined it, unfortunately...

Which is what Railgun is.
And indeed, Railgun is less terrible than Index. It's still bad overall, but it's not Index atrocious.

Punching lolis and females in the face.
Those aren't really positives... I mean, the characters in that franchise who most deserve to be hit are the male ones, such as Touma (for being such an annoying idiot) and Accelerator (for being a horrible, and horribly written, character)...

And on that note, yes, stuff like Misaka
actually liking Touma
and just about everything involving Accelerator are the worst of anime.

Unfortunate, but such is what it takes to keep the anime industry afloat. I did my part.
ibfrc3OTgDkShi.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 10

Well, I'd say they were more than adequately able to portray the required emotions during this week's episode.

The scene where the candles were extinguishing one by one, with the music...

It would probably have been even more effective if
she had died with her eyes still open instead of the cliche "eyes close and head falls to one side" thing
though.

I'm curious - where is the anime going to end in terms of the manga chapters?

Tales of the Abyss 22
vlcsnap-2012-06-09-23cnc1g.png

Your face also looks like jelly
This episode is weird. They get to the top, run into Dist and Jade immediately disposes of him with his mystic arte, and then they go back down the tower since Asch ain't ready or some shit, so they all go back down and Luke contemplates doing it in Asch's stead. All the party members then try to convince Luke not to, but he's to stubborn. Oh, now that I think of it, if Van thinks that Yulia's Score is as absolute as he says it is, why does he think his plan will succeed? Anyways, in the end both Asch and Luke team up and murder all the replicas to get rid of all the miasma in the world. Happy ending right? Nope, as Luke
is slowly dying from cell fonon separation due to the stress he endured doing the impossible.
vlcsnap-2012-06-10-00cmf96.png

Tear NTR'd by Jade, how cruel.

I haven't watched 10 yet, but they've been skipping around and going out of order a lot. The Akahito stuff ended at 23, but the amnesia stuff was 18. They might even go for an original ending, so no idea. I mean there's only 33 chapters out anyway and they've been blowing through them.

Yeah, this is my #1 question about the show as well. I'm not sure if the manga is near to ending or not (it's only in the 30s chapter-wise, but it COULD possibly end somewhat soon, maybe), but the anime won't be able to cover even just everything they've done so far, much less add an ending on, I would think... it's a pretty good show, but it's so plot-heavy, it'd be disappointing if it doesn't have an ending. Maybe they can do a second season later? It's either that or rush in something just for the anime or something, I don't know.

I haven't watched 10 yet, but they've been skipping around and going out of order a lot. The Akahito stuff ended at 23, but the amnesia stuff was 18. They might even go for an original ending, so no idea. I mean there's only 33 chapters out anyway and they've been blowing through them.
If they want to have an ending though, either they'll need to make up an anime-original one, or the author will have to write something for the anime that hasn't happened yet in the manga, because the manga certainly isn't over yet.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You're in for quite the treat. This entry is actually a sequel to drama CDs called The Moon Wars or some such and doesn't tie into the TV series (which is considerably tamer than this) or manga. Ryoma's the man too and up there with Domon Kasshu or Guy Shishioh. First three eps are directed by Imagawa before he was let go due to creative differences iirc and are just plain awesome. Show also contains one of the best mecha fights I've ever seen, maybe even the best.

Thanks for the background! Sounds like I'm in for something good (unless you're implying that the series after episode three dips in quality.)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, it seems like they're heading toward a place that seems to be very... definitive.

best $7 i ever spent

yes if you're a fan of bioware's award winning writing
From the award winning writer of Captain N and James Bond Jr.

Articalys

Phi Brain S2 10

Lolololol what a bunch of idiots. Also lol at
Ana taking off his shirt

And hey, looks like this isn't just going to be a filler episode after all. Character development for Nonoha next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom