• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if they swap magazines? lol

tumblr_m418fdpl5h1ru3o67tc.gif

duckroll

Hyouka Episode 8

That was pretty awesome. I watched the episode imagining the film they watched as Prometheus, and the mystery being that Lindelof got incapacitated and they couldn't finish the movie without a full script. If the Hyouka characters were roped in to complete an unfinished Prometheus, it would make SO MUCH SENSE. :D

Articalys

AKB0048 7
aVDYV.png

I know this is only a coincidence given the recent election, but damn if it isn't an amusing one.
Elsewhere in the episode: man, this is getting weird.
Seeing the actual members during the election last week was a bigger benefit than I had imagined it might be.

Grzi

Well, started the second series trade, this one with Mad Pierrot.

Moyashimon -1

This was really unique, so it's by default something that gets me intrigued enough to keep watching.
Aesthetically, the show gave that late 90's-early 00's vibe, the look was similar to Gokusen for example (the first show that came to mind, don't know why, probably because of the color palette being used), and you can tell that the production values aren't really high.
That's probably the only flaw the show has so far, and it's not even that bad, the animation gets the job done and the show is far from bad looking.
Other than that, I'm really pleased by everything. The thing I like the most is the setting, it's really unique, hopefully it gets expanded upon, the scenes with Tadayasu and Kei just strolling through the college stumbling upon all the animals and other students are definitely something I'd like to see more of, of course with some neat comical exchanges included.
The other unique thing about the show is of course, Tadayasu's ability to see microbes, and I can see the potential of it being the cause of some highly original situations for the characters.
The microbes look really good, extremely simple, but memorable, I'd say they're the best looking thing about the show.
Haven't learned much about Tadayasu or Kei, but Haruka and Keizou seem like funny characters, so I'm really looking forward to the rest of the show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I totally didn't see that there was yet another PA Works girl slice of life show in the summer. I guess I have to watch that.

But since I always ask - are there any new shows:

1) directed by SatoJun
2) written by Yoshida
3) starring Kobayashi

Please to be informed of such occurrences, I am.

duckroll

Hyouka Episode 8 Speculation

This is a classic bait and switch scenario imo. The mystery being presented is not the actual mystery. Instead everyone is being played by "The Empress" who is using "The Fool". The AV Club might not even have a writer. This Hongou person might not exist. What is going on here, is that they have a shitty unfinished film, and they're looking for someone to piece together things which might not be intentionally there to begin with and create a cohesive conclusion. What better way than to put Houtarou into a social experiment to make him solve a mystery which doesn't actually exist?

Some other thoughts:

- The first scene is someone apologizing for not being able to finish the movie. The phone belongs to Irisu. That is when she took over this "operation".

- At first she is chatting with the previous person who was in charge of this. That's when the idea of using the Koutenbu come in.

- Next she is chatting with Chitanda. The bait is set.

- The movie itself is actually pretty bad, much like Prometheus. It is poorly written, and the characters telegraph stuff way too loudly to nobody in particular.

- The clues in the movie which Houtarou might or might not use next week: "camera man", "floor plan", "open window".

- I don't really think this mystery has a real solution, instead the real mystery will be why the movie was left incomplete, and why the setting somehow has to be that abandoned place in the Summer. Those factors seem to be the reason why they need help to begin with, and I think there's more to be analysed there.

Grzi

Ano Hana - 4

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Wait, the dude is dressing up as Menma? This shit had me in stitches, there's no way they can come up with an explanation for it that won't be stupid/funny as hell. They'll probably play some melodramatic emotional shit, but I don't know man, laughing at it is all I can do.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Guys, Binbougami ga! is not a sequel. so it doesn't belong on the list of sequels that femmeworth made.

Now, Dog Days' does deserve to be number one there, but I wouldn't expect Femmeworth to understand that. :(

duckroll

AKB0048 Episode 7

That was pretty weird. There was some pretty predictable stuff this week, some disturbing amounts of faux-yuri, and then some really weird shit at the end. Unfortunately there are no mechs this week, so I'm rather disappointed. My life is empty without DES. :(

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
It appears quite clearly to me that the best sequel of the summer is going to be Horizon S2.

Well, I guess almost anything would be better than the steaming pile of crap that was the first season, but somehow I'm expecting the second season to only be worse.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
infinite stratos 4

is there anything redeemable about this show? (well, outside of the really corny dub of course!)
The upcoming waifus and their faux accents.

Ano Hana - 4

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Wait, the dude is dressing up as Menma? This shit had me in stitches, there's no way they can come up with an explanation for it that won't be stupid/funny as hell. They'll probably play some melodramatic emotional shit, but I don't know man, laughing at it is all I can do.

I still feel bad for calling this when this was airing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom