• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 02

I really don't remember things happening so quickly.
I mean, the show is already starting to reveal the truth about
Haruhi and Yuki
so good for it. Still haven't hit new territory yet, Kyon still talks alot and it still looks good.

Are you now watching full Chronological order?

qcf x2

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 01

And, here we go!
Back ages ago, KyoAni had another I hate everything boy named Kyon and his wild adventures with a girl not named Eru but instead Haruhi. So, yes, the show looks nice. Kyon talks so much in this episode, narrating everything for our benefit maybe?

This definitely sets things up much better than what I originally saw of this show when it first air and had that funky broadcast vs chronological order mess. Characters are introduced, the SOS club is set up and the mysteries of Haruhi are slowly being brought out.

Also, yeah, I'll probably watch all of Endless Eight. No, I don't hate myself (that much).

Did you enjoy the original Melancholy? I found this one to be worth watching (apart from Endless Eight, which I too suffered through in its entirety), but if you didn't dig the original then bail out quickly...but do watch the movie.

1stStrike

Banned
Off for my next anime.

MV5BMTExNTAyNjMzNjleQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU2MDc0NDYyNw@@._V1._SX485_SY388_.jpg

I watched episode 1 years ago, saw the movie, but never got through the anime. I figure now's as good a time as any.

Kagami

Oh, she's obviously lying about the bruise. I meant the thing about her stealing some guy's coffee cup before -- not that it isn't probably a lie as well.
Ah that scene.
That'd be interesting if she was lying about that;
would mean she made up her mind pretty early to start winning over Tsubaki.

I enjoyed this show, it's definitely orders of magnitude better than a certain other KyoAni show. And watching in chronological/DVD order is definitely the best method. I can only imagine the JP airing order was some ill thought attempt to be "quirky".

I actually prefer the English dub for the show. Kyon's VA nailed the character IMO.

I thought the airing order wasn't bad. It had a good hook and didn't make much sense which made tuning in each week to understand it worthwhile.

Are you now watching full Chronological order?

Yep, all in full chronological order.

Did you enjoy the original Melancholy? I found this one to be worth watching (apart from Endless Eight, which I too suffered through in its entirety), but if you didn't dig the original then bail out quickly...but do watch the movie.

I thought the original airing was pretty good. I liked how it went and the total randomness of it. Didn't get into the full airing mostly cause I didn't realize new episodes came after the whole rebroadcast and the endless eight business.

Aquarion Evol 24
ilQNacbddMBDj.gif

Altair cannon ftw.

Aquarion evol is an emotional trip both seasons through.
Izumo as the father was kind of surprising but dying the same episode as Alicia even speaking and dying too was too much, as well as for Amata how can he endure. Though neither spoke of Kagura, isnt he their son too? And on Kagura's behalf Im kind of glad he's actually a protagonists of sorts willing to protect Silvie forever, if he could only retaliate. Still the plot gave no indication of what his fate will be, will he and amata fuse back together somehow or live independently forever? The worlds have to unite so it would nice if both actually stayed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Haha, that's probably a good way to put it.
It was certainly cool to finally see Teru in action.
I really, really hope that Achiga ends with a "We'll see you in 2013" and then plays the most kick ass mahjong anime trailer ever.
I mean, for an anime whose only purpose is to build hype for the main franchise, it's doing its job pretty damn well.

One of those is not like the others...

It's funnier
Yeah, Squid Girl.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Fate/Zero

Watched up to episode 8. First few episodes were pretty dull. I had no idea what was happening. After the first Lancer/Saber fight things picked up pretty quickly. Now it's getting awesome. I still don't really know what's going on other than everyone wants that grail. Guess that's all that I really need to know.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I mean, while it's probably cosplay, since it's anime there's also the chance of going all Devilman Lady.
The dog in the picture, on the right, is an actual dog. lol
The premise being that no one thinks its weird that there's a dog going to school with them.

Joule

Saki 9
So, the episode extension makes some sense now since it looks like they're slowing the pace down a bit - probably to give
the losing teams time to develop their characters
. They can at least do 1 to 1.25 episodes per round anyway.

But man, I think I understand how Marvel fanboys feel about the Avengers movie now.
QywEQl.jpg

Teru is so swag and they're pretty much gearing for a Teru/Saki showdown (even though, as ABF pointed out, they play in different positions). I so want to see this match... but it's not going to happen any time soon (if ever).
As a service show/sidequel, this thing is really doing a fine job hyping up the main franchise anyway.

E1lMn.jpg
g91Ya.jpg

Mahjong reality marbles. It just got hella Type-Moon in here. Dat table hold. Miyanaga Teru, da gawd.
I'm glad this episode turned it around a bit after the last two downtime episodes (though it was nice to see Mihoko and co). This is what Saki needs to about. Half an episode of mahjong swagu and half yuri/friendship flashbacks. This is the formula. It's a shame the end is so near already when it finally gets into gear. At this point, the main Achiga cast hasn't done that much for me. Out of all these new characters, I like Toki (dat ricchi pose) and Yuu the best (I'm still pulling for you Shizu but you need to swag out soon).

On a side note, even the probably throw away 4th player was interesting this time being voiced by Satomi Arai.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The dog in the picture, on the right, is an actual dog. lol
The premise being that no one thinks its weird that there's a dog going to school with them.
No, I know. I've read the summary on the season sheet. The other two are what I'm talking about.

The reference I just made implies that
exposure to Inuko causes her classmates to become part dog themselves.
... but that's probably not the case. lol

Dresden

Since we're talking about Mizushima and all, I didn't realize that the Joshiraku manga (anime airing in Summer) was created by Kumeta. Probably because of the art--it's handled by the dude who did the art for the Toradora LNs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom