• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes 1

L0q7t.jpg

So wait, only people with super powers are allowed to be detectives? Well, I guess that makes sense if all the thieves have super powers too, but that sucks for all the normals.

Interesting premise, but I'm not sure how much I like the hook being re-obtaining super powers after losing them. Hopefully they get them back soon.

Tales of the Abyss 25
vlcsnap-2012-06-11-011pik6.png

I'm not saying it was replicas,
but it was replicas.
Pretty good episode. Any time Anise gets to fight, you know it's going to be good, since they only seem to bother making her do anything if they feel like actually animating the fight. Anyways, the last of the god-generals face off against the Luke brigade sans Luke. Luke and Asch on the other hand duke it out to see who's the better fon Fabre. In the end, all the god-generals are dead
including Asch
Natalia sure likes to cry a lot. Now there's only one episode left.
vlcsnap-2012-06-11-01r7ek7.png

Rosebud...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh, wow. You actually took my advice.

I'm so sorry.

Now go watch The Rebirth of Buddha.

Well I was fully prepared for what I was about to watch and I was bored. In some ways I'm disappointed that it was passable if predictable in story terms. Was hoping for a complete trainwreck. But the non sensical mishmash of ideas was hilarious and doubly so when you realise some people believe this. All those Atlantis inventions help me everyday that's for sure.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well I was fully prepared for what I was about to watch and I was bored. In some ways I'm disappointed that it was passable if predictable in story terms. Was hoping for a complete trainwreck. But the non sensical mishmash of ideas was hilarious and doubly so when you realise some people believe this. All those Atlantis inventions help me everyday that's for sure.

I don't know how I'd get around without my airship, Thoth be praised.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Getter Robo Armageddon 02:

I'm really quite in awe of just how amazing the art and animation are in this. I'm not going to write off the plot just yet, but this is absolutely something that should be witnessed first and foremost for its beauty. Ryoma's manliness is off the charts. What more can I say?

I just realized that these screens might be Hix'd, I'll be sure to fix this in the future.

edit: whoops, I forgot to check if this was a double post before posting.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ginga e Kickoff 06-07

Being a heavy burden on your team sucks.
Get on that training regime fatty mcfatty.

Ginga e Kickoff 08

Shou and everybody else on the team = playing football.

The triplets = playing FIFA.

W2pbbl.jpg

Channeling ones inner Iniesta while the opponents are playing the Messi defense.

Ultimadrago

Poyopoyo 3

"He's so dashing!"

Now, ain't that the truth!

I'm really quite in awe of just how amazing the art and animation are in this. I'm not going to write off the plot just yet, but this is absolutely something that should be witnessed first and foremost for its beauty. Ryoma's manliness is off the charts. What more can I say?

For the most part, something wonderfully destroyed at least once every episode. Go get more Getter!

Narag

If the plot goes the way I'm hoping it goes,
we'll have mechas vs. dinosaurs
next episode. Fuck yeah.

If you continue down this Getter Robo path, the unrelated Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo has antagonists that are members of the Dinosaur Empire!

Also it has Texas Mack. Jack King is a true American hero.

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes 1

So wait, only people with super powers are allowed to be detectives? Well, I guess that makes sense if all the thieves have super powers too, but that sucks for all the normals.

Interesting premise, but I'm not sure how much I like the hook being re-obtaining super powers after losing them. Hopefully they get them back soon.
Most of the series is about their moe suffering, pretty much, so don't expect them to have their powers back very often. You might like the few episodes where they do have them, though... but as for the rest, that depends on what you think of the comedy -- it's primarily a comedy series, after all. I like the series of course, and I do think it's often silly. The series has all kinds of crazy random stuff in it, in both seasons.

Dresden

I'm am going to absolutely hate Eureka Seven AO, aren't I? -_- Seems like it might be doing even more damage than the movie. How is that possible?!
There's some good, and then there's the bad, but it's been an enjoyable ride so far. At least, while it lasts.
Wait, why is round pound from Accel World there? Are people crazy?
They're just getting ready for the ultimate mary sue in Sword Art Online.

Grzi

I just realized that these screens might be Hix'd, I'll be sure to fix this in the future.

edit: whoops, I forgot to check if this was a double post before posting.

Glad you like it :)
I really don't like using the word epic, but you have no idea how epic this is gonna get.

Cartman...

Are there many fat otakus in japan? There is that one dude you see in pics, but... it can't be all of them right?

Money for food could be used for AKB CDs!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Glad you like it :)
I really don't like using the word epic, but you have no idea how epic this is gonna get.

Hey, man, the word existed long before the internet ruined it. I'm all for using it when it's actually applicable!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
HeartCatch PreCure 02

In this episode we finally see some real action as Tsubomi gets her Mahou Shoujo powers, but wait she sucks. She can't even control her jump! Whatever will she do? Her hair's going to turn into a scorpion's stinger isn't it? Yes, yes it is. Wait did that fairy thing just poop a bottlecap in my face?

Whoever could this Bushido Mask be.
HeartCatch PreCure 03

New precure get! So far she seems to be meeting my hopes and expectations of her being the best character in the show. I would like again to draw the Doremi parallel here and say she kinda reminds me of Aiko, sans the cute overalls and Kansai-ben. She's still pretty good though, this episode was kinda like the previous one in structure, and I can start to see the emergence of a pattern here.
HeartCatch PreCure 04

Oooh, new bad guy this time around and we get to see more of the black moon kingdomthe desert messengers and their hierarchy or sorts, this episode kinda follows the same pattern as the previous episodes in how it plays out regardless. The phenomenon has been described by some of my colleagues as FreudCatch. I am informed that this only carries on for the first few introductory episodes and I don't really mind it so far so I'll press on.
Also, Yuri goggle episode
HeartCatch PreCure 05

Yet another new villain presents himself, episode plays in pretty much the same way as before so I won't go much in depth with that. Today we fight what seems
to be a conflicted ramen monster
There was this in the beginning of the episode that was somewhat disturbing out of context when looking over my shots:

There's 2 more things I'd like to talk about today, one of them is that for reasons I am currently unable to point out I really like this shot from the transformation sequences. And the other is how the CG in the ED is probably amongst the worst/best things I've seen. It tries to be cute and to an extent achieves this but at the same time it looks creepy as fuck.

The CG Precure ED's are certainly... something. By this time I have watched them enough that I longer think they're creepy. :p

The 3 desert generals are all quite good, certainly better than the ones from Smile and Suite Precure. I think Kumojacky is my favorite, though Cobraja is a pretty close contender.

And yes, Erika is the best precure!

wonzo

Banned
TO 2 END (Symbiotic Planet)

I can't say I cared all that much for the story in this one. Fortunately the rather... erm, "interesting" CG managed to make up for it. Any fan of Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker would be doing themselves a disservice by not watching this, considering it even has a cameo appearance by one of the mages!.

Now all that's left is Vexille and then I'd have seen everything from Oxybot. Hopefully they get picked to produce the Mass Effect anime.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The 3 desert generals are all quite good, certainly better than the ones from Smile and Suite Precure. I think Kumojacky is my favorite, though Cobraja is a pretty close contender.

If you ever make it to Fresh you'll probably love the members of Labyrinth. They give the Desert Messengers a run for their money, though Kumojacky and Cobraja will still always be my favorite Precure villains.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
TO 2 END (Symbiotic Planet)

I can't say I cared all that much for the story in this one. Fortunately the rather... erm, "interesting" CG managed to make up for it. Any fan of Dragon Age: Dawn of the Seeker would be doing themselves a disservice by not watching this, considering it even has a cameo appearance by one of the mages!.

Now all that's left is Vexille and then I'd have seen everything from Oxybot. Hopefully they get picked to produce the Mass Effect anime.

This was basically a boring Romeo and Juliet story. Given the hard science nature of the first one, I was disappointed by what they did for this episode. But 1 for 2 ain't bad I suppose.

Also, Production IG is doing Mass Effect: The Vega Chronicles (or whatever :p) animu, so no luck there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom