• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ginga kickoff 10

cute.jpg

<3

Good eps. Still not seeing the point of fat girl. Like how they loosen up the art a bit during the game. Stuff feels good.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is this late? I just heard about it on a podcast: Naoto sequel novel to Persona 4
Naoto has basically given up on the boy detective thing, from the looks of it. :p

Surely this is a Golden tie-in since it came out on the same day, but given that it's set after the series, I wonder what it could possibly be about.

Edit: the other girl is Rise, apparently.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Naoto was never about being a boy detective, she just thought that only boys could be detectives
Well, it was strange in that you're able to "girlify" her if you get on the "dating" route of her S-link. But the fact that on her "friend" route, she basically chooses to wear the same clothes after you pyschoanalyze her issues leads me to assume that it's more than just the "job" that informed her fashion choices/identity issues.

Is this late? I just heard about it on a podcast: Naoto sequel novel to Persona 4

Naoto has basically given up on the boy detective thing, from the looks of it. :p

Surely this is a Golden tie-in since it came out on the same day, but given that it's set after the series, I wonder what it could possibly be about.

wat. Long hair Naoto is a disgrace and I've no idea what the sequel could possibly be about. The end of P4 was pretty damn final.

Jintor

Well, it was strange in that you're able to "girlify" her if you get on the "dating" route of her S-link. But the fact that on her "friend" route, she basically chooses to wear the same clothes after you pyschoanalyze her issues leads me to assume that it's more than just the "job" that informed her fashion choices/identity issues.

Sure, but I don't think any of it precludes a change of heart later in her life or whatever. A lot of people make P4 out to stand for a lot more than it means, I think, and Naoto's identity issues I feel are more about 'living up to the family profession' than they are, necessarily, about gender as a whole.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sure, but I don't think any of it precludes a change of heart later in her life or whatever. A lot of people make P4 out to stand for a lot more than it means, I think, and Naoto's identity issues I feel are more about 'living up to the family profession' than they are, necessarily, about gender as a whole.
Maybe. I just find her to be a more complex character than Kanji though, so I guess I expect more from her. lol

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Smile Precure 19

09lDK.jpg

Yayoi~ ;_;

Best episode so far! It's clear that Yayoi is the favorite character of everyone making this show, but I can't say I mind too much. It also had the best art so far in Smile, the best direction and editing, the best fight, and a very nice and poignant plot. It's good that the cast is strong enough to support a noncomedy episode like this one, hopefully there will be episodes similar to this one for the other girls as well.

Anyway, it looks like next week's the episode 2 weeks away is back to comedy, and from the preview it has lots of potential.

Curse you, Euro 2012!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's probably not nice to enjoy the despair of others, but Acchi Kocchi underperforming feels pretty good.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I really don't think it's underperfoming, it clearly isn't a high costing, high profile, show. I doubt it was expected to sell anymore than it has.
Oh, maybe. Even for that kind of show though those numbers seem exceptionally low.

Defuser

Haiyore! Nyaruko -san! ep 10

Man I love it when they make fun of Ishihara. Anything that involves making fun of Ishihara gets my approval.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Mahou Poni Twilight-chan 4

There's lots of apples that need picking! Unfortunately, the town is beset by a plague of... plagues. first a cow stampede, then poor Rainbow Dash manages to catapult herself into a balcony, the rabbits stampede, the food gets poisoned... In the end, via the power of NAKAMA, twilight is able to round up the ponies and get all the apples!

Also Twilight-chan is lazy and hell and teleports everywhere, even if it's only a few feet away, instead of walking. This show is teaching the wrong things to lil' kids. :(

Theonik

HeartCatch Precure 07
ibgml3cf7aguG9.png

Poor Cure blossom :(
I really liked this episode from the reveal
that the class president is really a girl to more
fabulousMAX Cobraja and reaction faces when even he is confused
about the class president
and the implication of Yuri. More of this please. The choreography for this episode's fight was cool as well.
there's no penalty for using the heartseeds as power up items, they don't do it too often though.

I like Sassorina as well, but she just doesn't have the hotbloodedness of Kumojacky or the fabulousness of Cobraja.
I will agree on the fabulousness of Cobraja. Dunno about Kumojacky, seems fairly level headed so far save for his whole "I will fight precures and I will test them" shtick.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Smile Precure 19

;_;

what a heart warming eps. A decent fight as well! It does seem the little case has only one more slot left. powerup soon?

2 slots, not one. And considering the clock only has 3 left, yup, power ups soon.

the end card has a glimpse of what each precure's new look will be. This week's showed off Akane.

Steroyd

Aw hell yeah!

Well, it was strange in that you're able to "girlify" her if you get on the "dating" route of her S-link.

Wait a minute, did I do something wrong, I don't remember this. What type of girlify-ing are we talking about here? D:

Yayoi Precure - 19

Let's not beat around the bush here, "Nao's episode" was a stealth Yayoi episode and Yayoi's episode is Yayoi's episode. I'm okay with this.

Also what the hell happened!? This is by far the strongest episode in how it was put together, had great action scenes to boot and an Akanbe design that didn't suck, you wouldn't think this is the very same series based off the last 18 episodes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Smile Precure 19

http://i.imgur.com/09lDK.jpg
Yayoi~ ;_;

Best episode so far! It's clear that Yayoi is the favorite character of everyone making this show, but I can't say I mind too much. It also had the best art so far in Smile, the best direction and editing, the best fight, and a very nice and poignant plot. It's good that the cast is strong enough to support a noncomedy episode like this one, hopefully there will be episodes similar to this one for the other girls as well.

Anyway, it looks like next week's the episode 2 weeks away is back to comedy, and from the preview it has lots of potential.

Curse you, Euro 2012!

The other girls have had their own episodes already though. Your bias is just making you forget them. :p
(Also note how this was basically a father's day episode).

As for the episode itself, this was basically a :firehawk episode.
S20wQl.jpg

And not only do you have it rain the first half, but you also have the cuts to scenery that just show life at a stand-still.

5nWRql.jpg

I could only wish that they got SatoJun to direct this, because the entire episode was basically the Tamayura OVAs condensed and smashed into an episode. Heck, there's even a "
secret location
" that she tries to remember... just like Fu in Tamayura.

As for the episode itself, the reuse of shots took me out a bit. Because the pacing was slowed down to make the tone of the show more contemplative, they basically reused the scenery shots. The part where
Yayoi remembers her father in the Church
is also a re-use as well, and doesn't actually make sense if you're supposed to be seeing that from her perspective. I would have much rather had a POV shot, but you work with what you're given I suppose.

Still, as a SatoJun-ey :firehawk episode goes, you can't really complain too much.

Aw hell yeah!

Wait a minute, did I do something wrong, I don't remember this. What type of girlify-ing are we talking about here? D:
To borrow a TWGOK term, if you properly set Naoto's "flag", she goes all deredere on you and if you choose her to be your Christmas date and choose the appropriate dialogue option, her "present" is to show up in a school girl uniform.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Mahou Poni Twilight-chan 5

Everyone is yandere and yuri for Rainbow Dash! Ok, just the griffon and PinkyPie were, but whatever, those 3 were the main characters of this episode. PinkyPie was unsufferable as hell, but I guess that's to be expected. Of course, PinkyPie is nothing compared to Fluttershy.

Anyway, this clearly took a few elements from Loony Tunes.

Hopefully Griffon-chan makes a return, we need more yandere in this.

Reknoc

ginga kickoff 10

Good eps. Still not seeing the point of fat girl. Like how they loosen up the art a bit during the game. Stuff feels good.

The point of her is to build up something from nothing, considering 4/6 of the team who aren't mooks are pretty much "pros" already. She's basically the Yukimitsu of the series.

jman2050

Yeah, this is definitely true. There's something extremely appealing about the Hyouka character designs. There's an extra dimension to their bodies and faces, in a chubby and lovable sort of way. You just want to pinch their cheeks because they're sooooo cute.

Cute is not a word I'd use to describe those character designs. Although to be fair that's mostly just cause of Chitanda's devil eyes, everyone else falls into standard KyoAni remarkably unremarkable tier.

Not that Haruhi is any better, seeing as it suffers from that same problem.

Steroyd

To borrow a TWGOK term, if you properly set Naoto's "flag", she goes all deredere on you and if you choose her to be your Christmas date and choose the appropriate dialogue option, her "present" is to show up in a school girl uniform.

Damnit, I did everything but. :(

Curse my luck for opting a PS slim to replace my fatty just this month. Now it's get a PS Vita + P4P, which isn't going to happen till I can get a PSvita + 32GB stick for a decent price.

Ah well at least I have an excuse reason to double dip now.

Toriko - 60

FCbO3.gif

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU *cough* *splutter* UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

/XX/

Yeah, this is definitely true. There's something extremely appealing about the Hyouka character designs. There's an extra dimension to their bodies and faces, in a chubby and lovable sort of way. You just want to pinch their cheeks because they're sooooo cute.
Talking about extra dimensions; this may seem strange to others as I've seen comments stating a dislike for it, but I find nice how they give that "correctly" represented (I'm not sure of using this word) but exaggerated curvature of the eyes, accentuated nose and such using more than the typical one-angle to avoid complications (or like using a full range of poses from the subject) on profile shots of faces for the said characters, with a more apparent profundity.

It is certainly not something unique to this designs, but those (and similar ones) lend themselves easily to make that compellingly.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Talking about extra dimensions; this may seem strange to others as I've seen comments stating a dislike for it, but I find nice how they give that "correctly" (I'm not sure of using this word) but exaggerated concaveness to the eyes, accentuated nose and such on profile shots of faces on said characters, with a more apparent profundity.

It is certainly not something unique but those designs (and similar ones) lend themselves easily to make that compellingly.

Yup, Kyoani is really good at giving their characters a sense of mass and volume that quite often is lacking in other series. Of course, K-on had a more "blobby" look, so you didn't have the more sharply defined faces that Hyouka did, but it still did a good job at making the characters very solid.

Makoto

A Certain Magical Index II 6-7

An entertaining arc. Maximum Mikoto/Kuroko, minimum Touma and a villain who is simply a villain made it fun. As a bit random as it was, I also didn't mind the brief appearance by
Accelerator
. Figures that that the good arc would last two episodes while the previous one lasted four.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Not really feeling that fanservice bikini shot. Her in a suit is more than enough imo.

Yukiko, Naoto > *

Fixed.

Kazzy

Naoto was undermined by having an unconvincing VA in the English dub, one of the only things I will concede was inferior about it.

I saw the release about the novel a while ago; I was sort of hoping that new design wasn't real either, oh well...

I only care about a Yosuke spin-off

survivor

Banned
Mysterious Girlfriend X 9

Hahah, Tsubaki got destroyed at the end. Oh well, he deserve it for being a dick about the hairstyle change.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not really feeling that fanservice bikini shot. Her in a suit is more than enough imo.
Damn. lol
Is that official art? That was fast!

Something, something Mayo Chiki jpg.
This one?

That binding.

Damnit, I did everything but. :(

Curse my luck for opting a PS slim to replace my fatty just this month. Now it's get a PS Vita + P4P, which isn't going to happen till I can get a PSvita + 32GB stick for a decent price.

Ah well at least I have an excuse reason to double dip now.
Time to get golden!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom