• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Due to my being held up for a month playing Tera, I've only JUST NOW started this season, which is almost over. Oh well.

Acchi Kocchi 1:

Is there a cute level above infinity? I think I just tried to measure Tsumiki's cute level and destroyed all existing measurement devices. I'm a sucker for slice-of-life stuff like this. Plus Tsumiki is cute beyond human imagination. Dat Side Ahoge.

Yeah Tsumiki is pretty much one of the cutest moeblobs ever conjured up in history.

wonzo

Banned
Vexille

vexille.jpg
vexillea.jpg
vexilleb.jpg
vexillec.jpg
vexilled.jpg
vexillee.jpg
vexillef.jpg

This was easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen in living memory. Everything from the really braindead plot (
Japanese government conspiracy involving a fabricated cure and vaccination gradually turning everyone in Japan into mindless androids
) to the visuals (take Dragon Age, wind the clock back 5 years and apply a really awful piss-yellow bloom filter to a large chunk of the film) and the truly horrible music and you've got this tremendous piece of shit. There is nothing redeamable about this 2 hour long bowl movement, sans maybe one 5 second piece of animation (it's kinda like a piece of corn). IT DIDN'T EVEN HAVE NEAT LITTLE HAND DRAWN OXYBOT LOGO ANIMATION AT THE BEGINING OF THE FUCKING MOVIE!

imoutospew.gif

Considering that I've not only run out of things to watch made by Oxybot but also easily seen enough awful CG to last me a few lifetimes, I'll put an end to my misguided quest for awful CG. Well, at least untill... oh, lets say the next episode of Kingdom.

duckroll

Vexille

This was easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen in living memory. Everything from the really braindead plot (
Japanese government conspiracy involving a fabricated cure and vaccination gradually turning everyone in Japan into mindless androids
) to the visuals (take Dragon Age, wind the clock back 5 years and apply a really awful piss-yellow bloom filter to a large chunk of the film) and the truly horrible music and you've got this tremendous piece of shit. There is nothing redeamable about this 2 hour long bowl movement, sans maybe one 5 second piece of animation (it's kinda like a piece of corn). IT DIDN'T EVEN HAVE NEAT LITTLE HAND DRAWN OXYBOT LOGO ANIMATION AT THE BEGINING OF THE FUCKING MOVIE!

But Bioware says that Oxybot and Vexille are great...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaMaCp_mMRI#t=1m

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Due to my being held up for a month playing Tera, I've only JUST NOW started this season, which is almost over. Oh well.

Acchi Kocchi 1:

Is there a cute level above infinity? I think I just tried to measure Tsumiki's cute level and destroyed all existing measurement devices. I'm a sucker for slice-of-life stuff like this. Plus Tsumiki is cute beyond human imagination. Dat Side Ahoge.

Acchi Kocchi 2:

Based on my calculations, I have now exceeded what I call the Cute Threshold, the point at which I have experienced all the cute I can safely experience in one day. I'm going to have to take it slowly catching up with this show. There is too much cute here for me to handle all at once.

Also:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34897419/ak_tm1.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Welcome to the club! :D Enjoy the cuteness, but no rush. Acchi Kocchi is probably best appreciated in small doses to prevent heart attacks.

[quote="Jintor, post: 38831700"][IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvzz5lFKS91r5j8b4o1_500.jpg

"Desu Ex"

This.... so amazing! XD

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, at least Amagami SS is honest about what it is, even in OVA form.
cNIlTl.jpg

As pointless as the second series was, except for fixing the Rihoko thing, I probably could watch another season of these stupid hijinks if they ever decided to make one. They just need a teacher arc at this point.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
cNIlTl.jpg

As pointless as the second series was, except for fixing the Rihoko thing, I probably could watch another season of these stupid hijinks if they ever decided to make one. They just need a teacher arc at this point.

And a Hibiki arc. :(

duckroll

Who are those guys anyway? :p
I'm not sure who I feel sorry for, those guys for having to make stuff up, or TO Entertainment for being sold a false bill of goods. lol

Mike Laidlaw the creative director of the Dragon Age franchise, and Matt Goldman the art director of the Dragon Age franchise. They're not nobodies. Lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
And a Hibiki arc. :(
Everyone gets an arc! Even his best friend!

Mike Laidlaw the creative director of the Dragon Age franchise, and Matt Goldman the art director of the Dragon Age franchise. They're not nobodies. Lol.

Hey wonzo and duckroll, did this happen when you watched Dragon Age?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=sRa7iAeJNsg#t=2m04s

(And yep, when I saw that was Laidlaw, it all made sense to me.)

wonzo

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/cNIlTl.jpg

teacher arc, miya arc and hibiki arc or bust

Hey wonzo and duckroll, did this happen when you watched Dragon Age?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...AeJNsg#t=2m04s

(And yep, when I saw that was Laidlaw, it all made sense to me.)
if you replace "awesome" with "fucking terrible" then yeah

Steroyd

Hahaha, amazing! Why did you rage quit anyway?

The female lead did too much masochist-like stupidness in so little time, and the male lead was the most pretentious dick ever, bear in mind this was the first goddamn episode.

In a nutshell it was like watching an emotional variation of S & M.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The female lead did too much masochist-like stupidness in so little time, and the male lead was the most pretentious dick ever, bear in mind this was the first goddamn episode.

In a nutshell it was like watching an emotional variation of S & M.
Oh yes, that's true. lol
Somehow, it's still better than Special A!

Morshima NTR arc with Jessica, please.
That too! Palette swaps for everyone!

Defuser

Jormungand ep 10
Goddamn, now this is my kind of episode. PEW PEW PEW! BOOM BOOM BOOM! Finally, a good arc, the previous arcs are shit but this arc is good.

I hate Kouga. He is such a whiny bitch.

Kouga could improve in so many ways, his plot for the previous could have been so good if only he made the right decisions.

Guilty Crown 15

I... actually enjoyed this episode.
Shu's dilemma over ranking the students felt genuine for a change. The transition to his moment of solitude didn't feel overly dramatic at all, nor did Hare's embrace of Shu either. Ignoring the general inconsistencies thus far (the government's army posing little to no threat to Shu when he has Inori's Void equipped), this was probably the most natural episode yet.

The most important moment of the episode came in the opening minute where Shu tells a student that it doesn't matter how strong your Void but rather how you use it. Souta and the rest of the Rank F students more than likely had useful Voids but the ranking itself was so mismanaged that it became a lost cause once those very students got their hands on the copy and tried to prove that they were useful. As irrational as their attempt to retrieve more of the vaccine was, it was very understandable as to why they did it. A panic of sorts simply swept over them. The school was on the brink of cannibalizing itself. The student body had just achieved order and stability. The sighs of relief from those in Rank F however are all for naught as they now find themselves on the chopping block once more. The question as to what that chopping block entails is unknown and that's what makes them alarmed. Then Hare went out with a bang and I... didn't laugh. Shu started beating up people and I took it seriously. Interesting.

Well their voids were useful depending on the situation, we already saw him use Souta's but its just to open locked doors, kind of not useful outside of that one combat mission in the first half. Hare's was beautiful during that ep 11 in the previous half, however, some improvements to her personality could have made her a better character, but still it was mainly really emotional on behalf of Shu and his losing of a friend he knew for awhile. Pretty emotional.

It's pretty obvious this is an adaptation with all the talking, similar to Tatami Galaxy
It's also pretty excellent, similar to Tatami Galaxy
I like the hour long eps, wish more shows would do 13 long instead of 26 short eps

Theonik

I hope someone makes an anime about CG robots stepping on CG magical girls!
AKB 0048 could very well deliver on that!

Hahahaha, oh my god. I didn't even think of this. It must happen.
I'm more of a supporter of the scenario that
they are absorbed into Sensei-Sensei, being the collective conciousness of all previous successors and picking new AKB members to sustein him and cult adoring him like a sort of god. The Kirara also all come from Sensei-Sensei.

BluWacky

Anyway, are there any other shows that empower duckroll which I should know about? I need to make sure I avoid them :D

Ayakashi Ayashi.

You'll be more educated about kanji than you ever wzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz even writing about the show is boring. Plus it's another Shou Aikawa creation!

Dont know if it was mentioned but Toonami seems to be polling about which shows they would acquire...

Fairy Tail
Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt
Tiger & Bunny
Inuyasha: The Final Act
Reborn!

They would really dub that? FT and that are my picks.

1stStrike

Banned
Ayakashi Ayashi.

You'll be more educated about kanji than you ever wzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz even writing about the show is boring. Plus it's another Shou Aikawa creation!

That does look horrible. I just watched a video of it and all the kanji was like combing together to create super kanji or some shit lol.

I'll take a pass on that one.

sonicmj1

Revolutionary Girl Utena 18

I didn't think it was possible, but they did it. They made me care about Tsuwabuki. Good episode.

O3yDA.jpg

Everything I ever needed to know I learned from watching TV.

His struggle with what it means to be an adult is a really relatable thing, and this was a great way of tackling that theme in one episode. Not a lot going on with Utena recently, though. Or all the stuff from the beginning of this "season".

This was the first episode where I realized that Utena and Anthy are in middle school. I'm going to forget that now.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 19

Nice little episode there.

yLSb0.jpg

Wakaba is so adorable. I don't know why.

I had a feeling there'd be
some sort of bait-and-switch with the confession at the end, but I didn't expect Saionji to be involved.
I wonder where that's gonna lead.

Still, I guess it just goes to show that
you can't know the princes people keep in their hearts.

It was really interesting to watch Wakaba's friend
head to the Black Rose Society and try an interview, only to be turned down. Can't use those black rings without that core of negative emotion directed at others deep down. Mere frustration isn't enough.

Sailor Moon 13

Oh shit, terrorist plot!

That square off between Tux Mask and Jedi was hilarious. spin camera. fall into water lmao.

Toei, aren't you making DBZ right now? Don't pretend you don't know how to make a fight scene!

bwahahaha Ghost Plane!

Reknoc

Inazuma Eleven 7

Probably the most unsubtle spying ever. Next team is a Cyberpunk team who have already calculated their chances of winning. But we all know the power of HAATO will mean they lose. Flash Training in the anime certainly looks a lot more exciting than what it is in the game.

Have to say I am enjoying the music quite a bit, though it is just the game music slightly arranged (with a bit of a rock twist for some tracks).

Ultimadrago

AKB0048 7

oNX3H.jpg

Dodger! What have they done to you?!

GRUMBLY!
2-D dancing?! I don't pay you for these results!

"I didn't even get to dance..."

For real, this episode is mostly one of the "typical stresses to idoldom" types. Some tears here, some feelings there.

I want more robots...

Hare's death was stupid, she had the power to heal anything, but she didn't heal herself, before healing Shu.
and the fact she got shat on by Shu throughout the series up until that point didn't help matters when it got all emotional either.

You can't use Voids on yourself.
. And Shu's treatment of her is what made it more emotional IMO, because the it probably could have been avoided if he wasn't a prick to her.

Theonik

HeartCatch PreCure 09
ibqNtaz9WKMd3v.png

For once the mascots are somewhat amusing
ibzjAMTRGIXUwp.png

Sounds about right!
This episode we get 2 things, a look into Tsubomi's family, which explains her personality to some extent though somewhat cliche-ish. We also get more delicious Cobraja FABULOUSMAX. This time with a "
Sandbath edition
" oddly enough it's exactly how I imagined he spends his spare time.

HeartCatch PreCure 10
This was quite the episode, from Sassorina antics, to awesome faces,
to dark precure
to football wo the awesome fight at the end, the return of Bushido scarf only without the fighting suit or scarf (and I guess I have no idea who she(he?) is now)
we also get to see what appears to be cure moonlight? only her heartseed appears broken and dark precure seems to back down regardless of that fact which is interesting
. Yay for no monster of the week action for this episode!

cajunator

Banned
I'm so excited to finally be nearing my 7/7 schedule. I will have all kinds of time to devote to my hobbies and finally dent this backlog that taunts me every day.
Despite a dispatcher having a nervous breakdown and quitting the job, we still have enough to make the schedule work at least. It makes the waiting worth it I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom