• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know if it was mentioned but Toonami seems to be polling about which shows they would acquire...

Fairy Tail
Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt
Tiger & Bunny
Inuyasha: The Final Act
Reborn!

They would really dub that? FT and that are my picks.

As much as I would love to see P&S on Toonami, I think I'd have to go with Tiger & Bunny. It has the most potential ratings-wise (well, maybe Final Act does, but screw that) which is what Toonami needs right now.

Reknoc

I voted for Reborn wwwwwwww (and for Sailor Moon to return wwwwwwwwwwwww)

Inazuma Eleven 9

I was surprised to see another match right after the previous one, but it was worth it. Best episode yet.

naJIkl.png

Maido~~~~~

Dresden

I'm so excited to finally be nearing my 7/7 schedule. I will have all kinds of time to devote to my hobbies and finally dent this backlog that taunts me every day.
Despite a dispatcher having a nervous breakdown and quitting the job, we still have enough to make the schedule work at least. It makes the waiting worth it I suppose.

I wish you the best, cajunator.

cajunator

Banned
I wish you the best, cajunator.

I work 1 more night, off 1 day, work 4 more, then finally off 7 for the first time in 2 and a half years. Its so close I am absolutely petrified that something will come along and spoil it, like what happened every single time we were close the last couple of years :(

I work 1 more night, off 1 day, work 4 more, then finally off 7 for the first time in 2 and a half years. Its so close I am absolutely petrified that something will come along and spoil it, like what happened every single time we were close the last couple of years :(

You know I'm here for you

jor13griak.gif

1stStrike

Banned
It's times like this I'm glad that I:

1. Work from home

2. Work 9 - 5 Mon - Fri

3. Never have to work over time.

4. Get 24 paid days off per year.

I wouldn't be able to stand your schedule, cajunator D:

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
HeartCatch PreCure 09

This episode we get 2 things, a look into Tsubomi's family, which explains her personality to some extent though somewhat cliche-ish. We also get more delicious Cobraja FABULOUSMAX. This time with a "
Sandbath edition
" oddly enough it's exactly how I imagined he spends his spare time.

HeartCatch PreCure 10

This was quite the episode, from Sassorina antics, to awesome faces,
to dark precure
to football wo the awesome fight at the end, the return of Bushido scarf only without the fighting suit or scarf (and I guess I have no idea who she(he?) is now)
we also get to see what appears to be cure moonlight? only her heartseed appears broken and dark precure seems to back down regardless of that fact which is interesting
. Yay for no monster of the week action for this episode!

Dark Precure rocks! All her fights are really cool.

So I guess Cobraja is your favorite of the 3 generals so far? He is pretty funny and has that maximum fabulousness too! I think that overall, Kumojacky
gets better fights, and he has the whole hotblooded thing going for him, so he's my favorite.

Good luck cajunator!

If I were you, cajunator, I don't think I'd take no for an answer, regardless of what comes up. It sounds like you've more than earned some time off.

1. Work from home

2. Work 9 - 5 Mon - Fri

Show off. :(

cajunator

Banned

1. Work from home

2. Work 9 - 5 Mon - Fri

Honestly I wouldnt be able to work like that.
I don't think I could deal with a normal desk job 9-5 during the day or the distractions of being at home. My job is consistently busy, and I often dont have the time to get every single thing done, even in twelve hours. It makes the time go by much quicker though, and an 8 hour workday to me would seem awfully short.
Working at night has always been more interesting to me, and means I can be active during the day when Im not actually sleeping. Although many days I just go home, fall asleep, wake up and go back to work. thats why my anime watching has been painfully slow. I just dont feel like watching much while Im on my work schedule.

Went with Tiger and Bunny this time. P&SwG would be hilarious, but it's more of an acquired taste and generally-riskier to show. Gurren-Lagann needs to come before that show anyway—Imaishi works are, of course, perfect for the line-up.

I put down some more classic-anime stuff, I guess. Toonami could use more Lupin.

It's not especially well directed or well made but I enjoyed it. I can't really say how good it is, objectively, because I am quite a big fan of the 2001 Nights manga which probably taints my opinion.

That's what they all think.
Neat. I haven't finished the manga yet (another case of my relatives taking stuff across the country with them!), so I'll have to consider which to complete first. And, yeah, no one has free will. I can thank Anipages for the majority of my anime investigations, only because Ben's so good at making classic anime seem so cool.

You guys who put yourselves through hell to bring anime reports back here mystify me.
Trust me: we love to do this shit. Both for you, and for our perfectly-normal viewing urges that happen to commandeer.

1stStrike

Banned
Honestly I wouldnt be able to work like that.
I don't think I could deal with a normal desk job 9-5 during the day or the distractions of being at home. My job is consistently busy, and I often dont have the time to get every single thing done, even in twelve hours. It makes the time go by much quicker though, and an 8 hour workday to me would seem awfully short.
Working at night has always been more interesting to me, and means I can be active during the day when Im not actually sleeping. Although many days I just go home, fall asleep, wake up and go back to work. thats why my anime watching has been painfully slow. I just dont feel like watching much while Im on my work schedule.

I used to be like that. Worked 3 pm - 11 pm for years (although my work shift often went past 11 pm and I'd end up working till 3 am). If you're busy a 12 hour shift definitely goes fast. Up until this year I used to work 4 days on and 3 days off and the 4 days were 12 hour shifts each day.

The problem was that my shift was from Thursday - Sunday, so I lost the weekends constantly and never got to take part in anything with "normal" people. Even in MMO's and shit most of the good stuff happens on the weekends, so I was always left behind. I transferred to a new department and while I was a bit iffy on the shift times at first, I quickly grew acclimated to it.

I may work from home, but I'm very busy (I'm on lunch break at the moment which is why I'm posting here). I'm usually managing servers or scripting something. I spent 3 hours today just writing up a script to implement some configuration changes across 2,000~ servers, so it's not like I lack for things to do. :)

I can understand how a lot of people wouldn't be able to work from home without being distracted, though. It took a lot of will power at first, but now it's pretty much cake. I do love the lack of travel too. It's like, 5 pm hits, clock out, open anime. No 20 or 30 minute drive through rush hour traffic to get home.

Show off. :(

Slightly. I usually try to avoid talking about my job IRL because most people I know have shitty jobs - so even talking about work normally makes it sound like I'm bragging.

7Th

Are they still censoring "FUCK" and "SHIT" in CN? If they are, the PSG dub would be more bleeps than dialogue.

I'm well-aware.

OOT: the synopsis for episode 12 of Fujikoike is being kept secret from the audience right now. Not because it's too early to show, but because they're trying to ramp up the suspense. The episode that just aired (Mari Okada on the script, so it's a megaton episode) deals with Oscar, so it looks like everything's coming together.

cajunator

Banned
I used to be like that. Worked 3 pm - 11 pm for years (although my work shift often went past 11 pm and I'd end up working till 3 am). If you're busy a 12 hour shift definitely goes fast. Up until this year I used to work 4 days on and 3 days off and the 4 days were 12 hour shifts each day.

The problem was that my shift was from Thursday - Sunday, so I lost the weekends constantly and never got to take part in anything with "normal" people. Even in MMO's and shit most of the good stuff happens on the weekends, so I was always left behind. I transferred to a new department and while I was a bit iffy on the shift times at first, I quickly grew acclimated to it.

I may work from home, but I'm very busy (I'm on lunch break at the moment which is why I'm posting here). I'm usually managing servers or scripting something. I spent 3 hours today just writing up a script to implement some configuration changes across 2,000~ servers, so it's not like I lack for things to do. :)

I can understand how a lot of people wouldn't be able to work from home without being distracted, though. It took a lot of will power at first, but now it's pretty much cake. I do love the lack of travel too. It's like, 5 pm hits, clock out, open anime. No 20 or 30 minute drive through rush hour traffic to get home.

That sounds like it works for you.
I don't miss out on weekends all the time, but the last two years have been rough.
When I say 7/7 I literally mean work one week, off one week. I think you can see why I look forward to that. In a two week stretch I work a full week and the rest is free to do anything I want with no involvement whatsoever with work. So thats a free tuesday morning till the next tuesday night when I go back in for work. Thats enough for a mini vacation every other week and I get paid for two weeks worth of a normal work schedule.
Also, my "commute" is 15 minute drive because of stoplights and traffic, but going home Im usually there within 5 minutes :)
The work is stressful, but Ive learned over the years that many htings are beyond my control and its business, not personal. That has helped me to tolerate the insanity of the job. But then I look around my room at all the cool shit I have been able to buy, while still living comfortably on my own terms and with savings in the bank and a 401k and I cant help but feel this was worth it so far.

1stStrike

Banned
That sounds like it works for you.
I don't miss out on weekends all the time, but the last two years have been rough.
When I say 7/7 I literally mean work one week, off one week. I think you can see why I look forward to that. In a two week stretch I work a full week and the rest is free to do anything I want with no involvement whatsoever with work. So thats a free tuesday morning till the next tuesday night when I go back in for work. Thats enough for a mini vacation every other week and I get paid for two weeks worth of a normal work schedule.
Also, my "commute" is 15 minute drive because of stoplights and traffic, but going home Im usually there within 5 minutes :)
The work is stressful, but Ive learned over the years that many htings are beyond my control and its business, not personal. That has helped me to tolerate the insanity of the job. But then I look around my room at all the cool shit I have been able to buy, while still living comfortably on my own terms and with savings in the bank and a 401k and I cant help but feel this was worth it so far.

A week on and a week off is doable, as you actually end up with more time off than you work since you're not working 24 hours a day obviously. I had that with the 4 on 3 off too, as I ultimately had more hours off in a week than I had on. It just didn't feel shorter, though and with my job I was getting stressed out by the time Sunday came since I had to manage everything by myself because management and everyone else didn't work weekends (I was literally the only manager on for my entire 12 hour shift and I was a shift manager, not a big wig).

Oh, and I have benefits and all that good stuff too. Odds are that you might make more than me, but considering my lack of expenses I do really well. The only thing I miss is interacting with other employees an being able to go out and do stuff with 'em. We have 0 comradery at my current work place - it's like, your shift ends and that's it. Nobody hangs out with one another at all.

Andrew J.

I don't really get it when people (OK, mostly Jexhius) complain that series like Lagrange or E7 AO try to be too much. I mean, I understand why that might be problematic from a business perspective; if you don't pander hard enough to a given niche then it won't buy your Blu-Rays. But from a quality perspective I like shows that have some variety and can't be crammed into neat little genre boxes.

Dresden

I don't really get it when people (OK, mostly Jexhius) complain that series like Lagrange or E7 AO try to be too much. I mean, I understand why that might be problematic from a business perspective; if you don't pander hard enough to a given niche then it won't buy your Blu-Rays. But from a quality perspective I like shows that have some variety and can't be crammed into neat little genre boxes.

Less about pandering and more about what and where they're trying to go with the show.

The Truth stuff is a disaster waiting to happen in AO.

They are complaining that those shows try to be too many things and fail to be good at any one thing, or at least not enough to balance out all the bad.

cajunator

Banned
A week on and a week off is doable, as you actually end up with more time off than you work since you're not working 24 hours a day obviously. I had that with the 4 on 3 off too, as I ultimately had more hours off in a week than I had on. It just didn't feel shorter, though and with my job I was getting stressed out by the time Sunday came since I had to manage everything by myself because management and everyone else didn't work weekends (I was literally the only manager on for my entire 12 hour shift and I was a shift manager, not a big wig).

Oh, and I have benefits and all that good stuff too. Odds are that you might make more than me, but considering my lack of expenses I do really well. The only thing I miss is interacting with other employees an being able to go out and do stuff with 'em. We have 0 comradery at my current work place - it's like, your shift ends and that's it. Nobody hangs out with one another at all.

Yeah, one thing I enjoy is that our dispatching group get along really well (except one particular asshole that I have never liked since I started the job, but nobody likes him and hes actually a habitual liar as well) so we all go eat breakfast somewhere on occasion and thingsl ike that. But mostly I just go home after work because Im too tired to do anything.
Having three other people to talk to definitely relieves the stress of the night though.
It used to be just two of us working in there, dealing with the entire company at night. Fuck those days. It is much better now. But more importantly, I can go back to watching my beloved animu more consistently and post here more often.

Steroyd

Just out of interest - what other anime have you had to quit at that point?

Kido ni Jikan or whatever it was called is a no brainer.

Nearly bored me to death.
Shakugan no Shana.
Blood+
Fractale
Glass Mask

These are the only names that stick, there were some others, but I've forgotten them thankfully. Truth be told, these were ages ago, I'd probably at least sit through a whole episode if I were watching them for the first time today.

Except Itazura and Konomo Jikan, fuck those shows.

Reknoc

Inazuma Eleven 10

Yet another persons past involves someone getting ran over. Maybe the people around Raimon should learn some basic road safety.

cajunator

Banned
I preordered Fractale. It looks pretty. My friend is also super stoked about the show.
He really liked it and thinks I might based on my tastes in anime. If it falls apart later in the show, whatever. I guesS Ill find out.

Jex

Well, my arguments regarding E7 AO have nothing to do with my arguments about Lagrange. Neither do they, necessarily, have anything to do with genre. What I am concerned with is: pacing, editing, structure, weight, character and how all those things tend to suffer when you cram a million events in a single episode. Even Kids On the Slope, a show that does this really well, runs into some problems regarding characterisation and E7 AO is nowhere near as well made as that show.

In general, when something is done badly I am going to complain, regardless of what show it is.

Also, I don't feel like I am the only person complaining about this!

Theonik

So I guess Cobraja is your favorite of the 3 generals so far? He is pretty funny and has that maximum fabulousness too! I think that overall, Kumojacky
gets better fights, and he has the whole hotblooded thing going for him, so he's my favorite.
I'd say Cobraja with Sassorina closely behind him. Haven't seen much of Kumojacky still, though he's gaining some ground after...
HeartCatch Precure 11
Back to the regular pace with this one but with a couple of twists, it seems like there will be a lot more magic in the fights from now on and overall I'd say the fights themselves are becoming more interesting. Also it seems they are experimenting with adding more subordinates into the fray making the generals feel like well generals. After this Kumojacky also improved in my eyes. His fighting spirit is strong!
Kung-Fu training was somewhat adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom