• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I knew it. Last thread when I mentioned 'those running scenes' at the end of Apollon, I knew they were good!

tumblr_m4ju39ie2p1rqyzc2o2_500.gif

Bahi JD did backgrounds for other scenes but these ones were fully animated by him. GOOD.

What exactly is the guy in the middle of the screen doing? I don't remember noticing how awkward he is during the actual show.

wonzo

Banned
What exactly is the guy in the middle of the screen doing? I don't remember noticing how awkward he is during the actual show.
lol, i just noticed that the dude hanging outside the door overlaps the girl running down the hallway. why bahi jd why

Tsuritama 7
tumblr_m4lqb1F1mF1qj55cao1_500.gif

I think someone captured my feelings best, "You know that moment when someone in a show does something really embarrassing, you just pause the episode and giggle to yourself because you’re getting embarrassed too for watching it? Yeah, this anime is making me do that every 5 minutes."

Pretty great friendships and stuff, like
When were Natsuki and Akira all friendly like that, and even more Akira with everyone else, though I guess we assume they always fished together through the whole time getting the salary? I guess thats nice for developments. Natsuki needed a hug there on the ship and such. I still cant wait to see how they resolve that family issue.

On the ending moment
the Bermuda Triangle thing and all the people dancing, curious of what the entire background scheme is going on. I guess Haru's plot is time to come to light and the exact connection of what Duck Corp is trying to do

madp

The Light of El Cantare
;_;

Here you go.

She's purdy. It's only that quick cut too, and they show it nowhere else it seems.

On one hand, CHAPATSU'S FACE :O but on the other hand, I kind of liked the running gag. Japan sucks for not supporting Ben-To.

"Mad Pierrot hype" will soon be a thing along with "duckroll hype" and [REDACTED].

Yeah, let's not encourage that. I like having a good reputation, thanks!

lol, i just noticed that the dude hanging outside the door overlaps the girl running down the hallway. why bahi jd why

I dunno, maybe she's just twelve feet tall and the perspective is correct.

flawfuls

Sengoku Collection 8

Well that was pretty neat, but it would have been a lot better without the girls breaking the atmosphere of the glorious rice world with their annoying generic antics.

So what is this show like normally? Does it even have a normal?

survivor

Banned
Sengoku Collection 8

Well that was pretty neat, but it would have been a lot better without the girls breaking the atmosphere of the glorious rice world with their annoying generic antics.

Normally it's a boring show about cute girls doing something or solving a dilemma in real life. Only episode 5 and 8 go this crazy route and manage to be enjoyable.

Jex

[Eureka Seven AO] - 7

25855cy.gif

It's difficult to talk about this episode for a number of reasons. Firstly, the majority of my comments would be spoilers, resulting in lines and lines of black bars. Secondly, they still seem to be setting things up for later.

Of course, the most obvious reason why this episode is difficult to talk about is that it resembles something from Un-Go. For those unfortunate people who haven't had the pleasure of experiencing Un-Go, it's essentially a 'mystery' show the most notable aspect of which is that many episodes are bizarre with disjointed stories that involve everything from futuristic technology to ancient gods all of which is explained through a needlessly confusing editing style that makes every story appear far more complicated than it is.

The problem with this episode of Eurkea Seven AO is that it felt really poorly put together. I understand that the episode was supposed to cause confusion in the viewer, however this didn't feel well crafted like a Kon movie. It was jarring and, in places, amateurish.

Some of this was down to tone - why would you insert this light-hearted scene in them middle of a serious action scene? Some of it was down to pacing - a particular scene might go on too long and spoil the tempo of the events. The rest was, as I said, very jarring, who is this character? What are they doing? Who is this other character, are they important? What about that? Shouldn't people be firing their guns? Wait, how did we get here? I understand that

Funnily enough Aikawa Shou, the script writer for episodes 2-4 and 7 of AO worked on the screenplay for every episode of Un-Go. However, considering the way that the industry works that probably doesn't mean anything.

Anyway, to give unsuspecting viewers fair warning, this is the kind of thing that ran through my head as I was watching:

Is that Setsuna F. Sei?

We have no need for your physics.

The Truth likes to ignore explosions, Bad Boys style.

Shoot him.

You know, this reminds of the first episode of Giant Robo where there base is assaulted. Except far weirder.

No-one cares where Elenea is.

Everyone always puts ADAM in the basement.

Um, musicians?

Mirror? We're approaching Tomino levels of character naming.

Please just shoot.

Oh it's too late for that now.

I guess he's going to take with him, huh.

Ah yes, I thought we could do with a vomiting scene about now. This is Fractale-level mood-shifting.

What's with all these warnings people keep giving?

Wait, is this a flashback? Or what.

That seems like the Kawamori solution - medicine is just holding you down!

I don't know either.

That doesn't seem like a good plan.

Oh SNAP.

What.

WHAT?

Or WAS IT?

Duckroll was right all along.

In summary:

I guess you really need to see it for yourself.

Ultimadrago

The laughter, it won't stop.

Sengoku Collection 8

Being bad is its normal.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You should be honored!

It's not that great of a feeling for the only show that I've successfully pimped to be something absolutely terrible, hah.

Of course, the most obvious reason why this episode is difficult to talk about is that it resembles something from Un-Go. For those unfortunate people who haven't had the pleasure of experiencing Un-Go, it's essentially a 'mystery' show the most notable aspect of which is that many episodes are bizarre with disjointed stories that involve everything from futuristic technology to ancient gods all of which is explained through a needlessly confusing editing style that makes every story appear far more complicated than it is.

Funnily enough Aikawa Shou, the script writer for episodes 2-4 and 7 of AO worked on the screenplay for every episode of Un-Go. However, considering the way that the industry works that probably doesn't mean anything.

And on top of everything else, Truth jingles like Inga. Undoubtedly a sign of terrible things to come.

trejo

It's almost eerie how similar Jex's thoughts on Ao 7 were to mine own. Except for the part where , y'know, he can actually put them into words whereas I usually just go either "this was awesome" or "this was shit".

Kids on the Slope 7

Talk about a great return to form. I don't care if it was rotoscoped or whatever, that character animation looked phenomenal to me. And dat performance was absolutely wonderful.

If there's one little gripe I had with this episode was that the Kaoru x Ritsuko in-universe shipping got a tad too heavy handed.

Tsuritama 7

One thing I'll give this show credit for is the very natural way Yuki's personality has progressed since the first episode. I'm willing to bet if I were to revisit that first episode he wouldn't even feel like the same character anymore.

Accel World 7

Wait... my
fake
cousin/sister turns into that wall boss from contra?

Kinda hilarious and awesome.

I do wish Cartman didn't look like a piece of shit irl and in the game though. Something about the color pallet on his armor...

And red king looking so much like Roll makes me cry a bit on the inside T_T.

Burst Link business seems like a pain. Reminds me of Yugioh 5D where you are forced to a children's card game if your bike is within range of some other dude that activates something.

Typical mecha show? It seems more compelling and I don't think its aiming to be that focused on the mechs. Key character isnt even interested in it.

only watched until eps 3 or 4, but those few eps did fit the standard 'kid finds robot, beats up aliens that no one else can for some reason'.

hmmm

actually I think I took a break because someone posted a screenie of some derp loli forehead lol.

Jex

A reaction .gif?

In a Jexhius post?

It's time to watch Eureka Seven AO 7.

There was a time when I frequently used .gifs to indicate my immediate reaction to an anime. These days I am loathe to use them unless the work in question has left a marked effect on me.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oh my.

Now I'm just suspicious. Though to be fair, its reputation here has always left me suspicious.

Let's see if there actually is such a thing as Mad Pierrot hype, shall we?

Watch Un-Go. If nothing else, it is totally unique among anime and you're guaranteed to feel things while watching it. Lots and lots of things. It's the most thought-provoking BONES work in years, and it has a mad sexy ED. What more do you need?

Fate/Zero 21

Decent. So glad that team
Waver (and rider)
makes it through one more week. Glorious visuals during the skirmish. Otherwise much of the rest was kind of dull. Though I did like the Kariya happenings.

Didnt understand the
kirei kotomine and the older mage discussion nor what Gilgamesh was even planning with with him
. The anime would be easier to follow and wrap my head around if it was more doing instead of talking so much.

Moyashimon 1

Well, that was dull.

I'll do that "Skip episodes" thing that people here have been talking about.

Is this cosmicblizzard "dull" we're talking about here?

Now I can't unsee it. What have you done?!

Wait a minute, the new Eureka Seven is becoming like Un-Go? That's excellent news

I knew it! Duckroll tried to say it wasn't "interesting" in the same way as Un-Go, but I knew it would go there sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom