• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

iMHqL.jpg

I'm ok with this. Not quite sure how action ended up in the least liked section, although I suppose it counts shitty shounens in there.

B) I don't like masturbating in public.

What a prude.

1stStrike

Banned
Now you can watch The Cat Returns.

I'll be watching that in a little bit, actually. I read up on these before hand so I knew that The Cat Returns is based on inspiration taken from Whisper of the Heart.

I'm torn on whether I want to watch Ponyo On the Cliff or Kiki's Delivery Service after that, though.

Kazzy

I'll be watching that in a little bit, actually. I read up on these before hand so I knew that The Cat Returns is based on inspiration taken from Whisper of the Heart.

I really like it, but it seems to get a middling opinion from all corners. Which is understandable, particularly in the shadow of Whisper of the Heart.

It was just the right amount of whimsy for me.

...and Dat Baron!

Dave1988

whisper_of_the_heartb2k3k.jpg

This was a really sweet movie with some good characters in it. The scene in the image was absolutely fantastic too and was heart warming. This movie could have done with an extra 15 minutes or a sequel, though. They built up all these wonderful characters and then end it very prematurely.

Overall, I give this a 7/10. Great characters, animation and story, but suffers from a rushed ending.

I watched Whisper of the Heart a few days ago, too. I thought it was absolutely wonderful.

So based off MALgraph, I like action, supernatural and magic. I hate adventure, sci-fi and comedy. Not so sure about the comedy bit.

I like Brain Base, Easy Film (which I guess for liking Slayers) and Lerche (for Carnival Phantasima). I dislike Pioneer, Gonzo and whatever the hell is Oriental Light and Magic. Not so sure about the last one since it looks like basically Pokemon, and who can hate that?

YuruYuri 1

Akarin reminds me of Tadakuni from Daily Lives of High School Boys. I have the feeling that "Toshino Kyoko!" will be a highly used phrase by the series end.

Articalys

YuruYuri 1

Akarin reminds me of Tadakuni from Daily Lives of High School Boys. I have the feeling that "Toshino Kyoko!" will be a highly used phrase by the series end.
7TxxL.jpg

"That guy... he's just like me..."
"That girl... she's just like me..."
Hilariously, the title for the drawing is "-×-=+?" Although as someone jokingly points out in the pixiv comments, you can also interpret it as 0.1×0.1=0.01.

cajunator

Banned
This is why scores suck.

Yes. This is a great example actually.

So according to that MAL graph thingy, my top 3 favourite genres are mystery, police and martial arts. This last one is weird since I don't ever recall watching martial arts anime. My most hated genres are magic, romance and action. Also apparently, A-1 Pictures is my most favourite studio along with David Production lol

So you must REALLY like Inu X boku SS and Ben-To!

Now you can watch The Cat Returns.

YESSSS. Adorable. You'll love this.

I'm torn on whether I want to watch Ponyo On the Cliff or Kiki's Delivery Service after that, though.

Watch Kiki's Delivery Service. My mom fell in love with it.

Look at that slow death of anime.

Along with your soul :(

Hilariously, the title for the drawing is "-×-=+?" Although as someone jokingly points out in the pixiv comments, you can also interpret it as 0.1×0.1=0.01.
That image sums my thoughts up perfectly after the first episode. I have good feelings for this series.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How can you forget someone who staffs an entire bread store by himself?

The Mangaka did until about the last page where someone probably reminded him about the character as he was waking up from a drunken stupor

Though I suppose being forgotten is better treatment than what happened to Kawachi. I wish I could forget.

The Mangaka did until about the last page where someone probably reminded him about the character as he was waking up from a drunken stupor

Though I suppose being forgotten is better treatment than what happened to Kawachi. I wish I could forget.

I'm pretty sure by then Kawachi has pretty much become the butt monkey of the series. Hell, probably much much earlier around the same time he became a terrible character.

Bullza2o

To celebrate the last episode of Fate/Zero, today I started a marathon to rewatch all episodes so far. 5 episodes each day that will end on Friday, and the finale is on Saturday. Anyone else doing something similar?

Before this marathon I was behind on episode 21, so Friday and Saturday should have all-new episodes for me. I'm excited!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm pretty sure by then Kawachi has pretty much become the butt monkey of the series. Hell, probably much much earlier around the same time he became a terrible character.

The moment he got the Afro it was all down hill from there.

At the beginning he was a well rounded baker who was just taken a back a few times (just like everyone else in the show when they saw the MC's skills). By the end he didn't even know what bread was. Tragic. Didn't help that he was sidelined for that pink haired prat and the MC became an egomaniac.

And the manga manages to make the ending even worse than the show.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

God damn it, I'm apparently one of those guys that hates everything that happened before i turned 5, and slowly grow more and more disenfranchised as I get older and older during and after my teenage years. The annoying thing is I always hated those type of people.

Narag

Lupin III (1971) 16

Didn't really care for this episode. Heist seemed rushed and crude due to Fujiko's taunting and Lupin came across as a bit more impulsive than I'm accustomed to from watching earlier episodes. The constant doublecrosses were fun at least. No honor among thieves here.

Really now?

Everything felt stupid. Lupin was stupid, Jigen was stupid, Fujiko and Zenigata were stupid—this episode was stupid, uninteresting, and lacked a god-damn budget. I hate it for breaking up the series of interesting episodes we got after the final Osumi heist, and it take a lot for me to hate something so strongly. Even worse: the episode was almost like the Bizarro version of episode 11, which started off bad and ended very well. The intro to this episode, outside of Jigen acting like Fujiko, was atmospheric and Osumi-esque (most likely, again, due to Takahata's influence). And then it just delves into impulsive shenanigans that aren't stylized and zany enough to make up for the out-of-character personalities of each character (OOC even by Miyazaki standards). Ugh. I can't write anymore!

Narag

Everything felt stupid. Lupin was stupid, Jigen was stupid, Fujiko and Zenigata were stupid—this episode was stupid, uninteresting, and lacked a god-damn budget. I hate it for breaking up the series of interesting episodes we got after the final Osumi heist, and it take a lot for me to hate something so strongly. Even worse: the episode was almost like the Bizarro version of episode 11, which started off bad and ended very well. The intro to this episode, outside of Jigen acting like Fujiko, was atmospheric and Osumi-esque (most likely, again, due to Takahata's influence). And then it just delves into impulsive shenanigans that aren't stylized and zany enough to make up for the out-of-character personalities of each character (OOC even by Miyazaki standards). Ugh. I can't write anymore!

It's definitely the low point so far and I'd wager for the series. I had to force myself to finish it.

Hoowee. The good thing is that "Lupin Caught in a Trap!" is a great episode that, once again, starts out with one of Takahata's distinct expressionist sequences, and just gets more and more interesting along the way. It's coming up next, so get your Walther P-38 ready!

Makoto

You like Production IG, Xebec, PA Works, A-1 Pictures, Manglobe, Key, Visual Art's, Zexcs and Madhouse.

You don't like Production IG, Xebec, PA Works, A-1 Pictures, Manglobe, Key, Visual Art's, Zexcs and Madhouse.

You screwed around with a dummy MAL account to play with us, didn't you?

Dresden

You like Production IG, Xebec, PA Works, A-1 Pictures, Manglobe, Key, Visual Art's, Zexcs and Madhouse.

You don't like Production IG, Xebec, PA Works, A-1 Pictures, Manglobe, Key, Visual Art's, Zexcs and Madhouse.

You screwed around with a dummy MAL account to play with us, didn't you?

No, I've had it for years. Or a year+, rather.

UTgou.png

I just never filled it out much.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 16
Well I gotta say, I'll probably still be amazed that each episode has new settings and backgrounds going on in a repeating story. So much nicer than the boring flashbacks or relooped animations of other shows. The whole thing with the clock and watching Kyon as the clock was ticking was pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom