• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

...... is such a thing even possible?
5688-1939028713.png

"Yes, it is! *buuurp*"

Instro

Hyouka 9

Seems like this was the lead in episode for the "true mystery" so to speak. I did find it pretty enjoyable to watch them work through each person's theory for how the script should go though. Each one is picked apart in a very methodical way, and as always the accompanying visuals were great. Gotta love
drunk Chitanda

Thanks, you three. Steins;Gate was what I first thought of, and I'm glad I've got backup, lol. Gintama, from what I know of it, has a lot of jokes involving parodies, does it not? Maybe I'll have to watch it with him, if he's still interested, and we'll find out ourselves.

Gintama is primarily a comedic show with strong dramatic elements; your friend might end up liking it. Otherwise, I don't know what he's already watched but here's a few ideas:

Baccano!
Dennou Coil
Fullmetal Alchemist
Gankutsuou
Kaiba
Kaiji
Mononoke
Mushishi
Paranoia Agent
Spice and Wolf
The Tatami Galaxy

Uchip

Banned
Oh.... well the vibes that animegaf gave off were that it had weak early episodes
Id recommend it to most people, even if they arent big on anime

So, Blood-C.... 10 episodes of awful. 2 episodes of "why did it take this long for anything to actually happen" and finished off with 5 minutes of LOLWUT

1stStrike

Banned
They should have just named this anime "Panty Paradise". It seems like it's one of those fan service fight anime that will end up with a weak plot.

*sigh*

Onward to the next one.

Ultimadrago

Oh.... well the vibes that animegaf gave off were that it had weak early episodes
Id recommend it to most people, even if they arent big on anime
I'd still recommend it to people, but I don't love the beginning. It's one of my largest critiques on the show.

wonzo

Banned
Dusk Maiden 11

Wow, that was one of the most SHAFT episodes yet! Can someone who's been following the manga let me know if it's still taking bits and pieces from it or if it's just gone straight to doing it's own thing?
The next episode's gonna be a real tear jerker isnt it? ;_;

Who will listen or even see a ghost?
Erm, I'm sure someone would listen and investigate if Yukariko or Asa spoke up about
the talk of a sacrifice and the school being built on old shrine ground
and would piece the two together but this episode did a pretty good job of covering most of that anyway.

1stStrike

Banned
Are you just watching everything that gets mentioned here?

Nah, just a few. If I see something mentioned that I haven't heard of I will generally look it up, but the majority of the time I end up writing it off. This one seemed kind of interesting from the premise, thus I gave it a whirl, but it's so-so thus far.

1stStrike

Banned
I guess I'll have to watch Stein's Gate. I've seen it mentioned a lot, just never bothered.

Damn.
I guess I am falling into the trap of watching what's mentioned here.

Dusk Maiden 11

Think they may have overdid it on the visuals. Kind of lost it's effect after the 16th Shaftism. Ah well, the story is still interesting and I'm definitely curious to see how this all ends.

Dusk Maiden 11Wow, that was one of the most SHAFT episodes yet! Can someone who's been following the manga let me know if it's still taking bits and pieces from it or if it's just gone straight to doing it's own thing?
The next episode's gonna be a real tear jerker isnt it? ;_;

They're pretty much doing whatever the hell they want. Stuff that was only implied or hasn't been revealed yet in the manga gets fully fleshed out here. You can still see a semblance of certain plot points like with the grandma, but for the most part it's pretty different. I'm fairly certain Asa doesn't exist in the manga. Unless the translations are behind, I'm pretty sure of all that.

This is moving toward a completely different conclusion than the manga (or one the mangaka will steal a few years from now).

wonzo

Banned
They're pretty much doing whatever the hell they want. Stuff that was only implied or hasn't been revealed yet in the manga gets fully fleshed out here. You can still see a semblance of certain plot points like with the grandma, but for the most part it's pretty different. I'm fairly certain Asa doesn't exist in the manga. Unless the translations are behind, I'm pretty sure of all that.

This is moving toward a completely different conclusion than the manga (or one the mangaka will steal a few years from now).
Thanks! I guess I'll check out the manga once the anime finishes next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom