• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So I whipped up a very incomplete MAL to see what I'd get and I got this...
4xiA3.png

That's a pretty radical mean score you've got there.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
What's the best anime on Hulu right now? Better if somehow a mecha one.
What about on the Internet, by streaming, in general?

There's a limited number of mecha available on Hulu, but out of those, you may enjoy Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Gurren-Lagann, or X'amd if you haven't seen one of those (X'amd technically isn't mecha, but it's close enough.)

Other free series on Hulu that I would personally recommend:

Basilisk
Busou Renkin
Casshern Sins
Fate/Zero
Gankutsuou
Gungrave
Kids on the Slope
Last Exile
Mongolian Chop Squad
Moribito: Guardian of the Sacred Spirit
Trigun

I don't have much knowledge regarding other free streaming sites so I'll leave that issue to someone else.

There's a limited number of mecha available on Hulu, but out of those, you may enjoy Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Gurren-Lagann, or X'amd if you haven't seen one of those (X'amd technically isn't mecha, but it's close enough.)

Other free series on Hulu that I would personally recommend:

Basilisk
Busou Renkin
Casshern Sins
Fate/Zero
Gankutsuou
Gungrave
Kids on the Slope
Last Exile
Mongolian Chop Squad
Moribito: Guardian of the Sacred Spirit
Trigun

I don't have much knowledge regarding other free streaming sites so I'll leave that issue to someone else.

I started morbito but was bored to death. Otherwise, I guess Ill add xamd and busou renken to my plan to watch list if theyre that good, initial art at a glance looks compelling, thanks.

1stStrike

Banned
the_cat_returnsjna7b.jpg

This was a cute movie. I liked the trio at the Cat Bureau too. The way they brought
The Baron to life
was exactly as I expected him to be.

While shorter than Whisper of the Heart, the story was better paced and the ending was satisfying. I give this one a 8/10.

Grzi

Moyashimon 7 - 11 (End)

Finished this just now. I was going to write about it more often, but I didn't want every one of my posts to be just "Great!" or "Hilarious!", so I'll just do a short review since the nature of the show doesn't really give me that much to talk about. The animation is competent, but does know how to shine in certain places (episode 8 was a great example), the music is unobtrusive, but nice and the jokes are pretty good for the most part. The best parts of the show are the setting and the characters and I'd really be missing both of those right now if I didn't know there was a sequel coming soon. The characters are extremely likable and offer nice caricatures of the student and professor stereotypes, and the setting is unique and fleshed out in a really fun and engaging way. My favorite episodes would have to be 7 and 8, the Spring Festival episodes, because the setting of the show really shines in them, and I can't wait to see if some similar stuff will be done in the sequel. Not much to say, really, other than it's a really good show.

Kaper

A friend of mine is showing increasing interest into watching anime, but I haven't seen many shows myself. Would Anime-Gaf care to help?

What he's looking for is as follows:

i like a generally serious show with comedic elements
(adding further to the above) i like to have some emotional involvement in the story

Suggestions? Thanks.

Ultimadrago

A friend of mine is showing increasing interest into watching anime, but I haven't seen many shows myself. Would Anime-Gaf care to help?

Suggestions? Thanks.
hmm pretty vague, but Trigun and Steins;Gate come to mind.

1stStrike

Banned
I blame GAF for getting me to watch this. I saw it mentioned in this thread so decided to check it out. I've been trapped by the overwhelming cuteness and I can't escape!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
And now I'm truly back.

Just in time to watch three episodes of Rick's Bread in a row!

Upotte!! 10 -END-

That was a good finale, despite the bullshit
"humans can't die by being shot by guns"
thing. It wasn't as epic as episode 6, but it was fun. The final scene with the
"We'll always be middle-schoolers"
declaration was trolltastic.

I'll miss this show's antics.

Kaper

hmm pretty vague, but Trigun and Steins;Gate come to mind.

I'll second the Steins;Gate suggestion.

Thanks, you three. Steins;Gate was what I first thought of, and I'm glad I've got backup, lol. Gintama, from what I know of it, has a lot of jokes involving parodies, does it not? Maybe I'll have to watch it with him, if he's still interested, and we'll find out ourselves.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Thanks, you three. Steins;Gate was what I first thought of, and I'm glad I've got backup, lol. Gintama, from what I know of it, has a lot of jokes involving parodies, does it not? Maybe I'll have to watch it with him, if he's still interested, and we'll find out ourselves.

For steins:gate make sure you tell him to watch beyond 12 episode before giving up, the beginning is confusing with little to no plot advancement (then everything at beginning start to make sense when you rewatching the show).

I don't get half of the jokes in Gintama, but still found it pretty funny.

Fate/Zero is also great, I think it will be a even better experience for your friend since he didn't know about Fate/Stay Night.

edit:
School Rumble.

Surprise you didn't said K-On. =p

They really dropped the ball on One Piece endings, the conclusive fillers have such bad ending themes.

8 - Shining Ray
9 - Free Will

Not a fan, especially after liking the dub OPs a lot.

Suggestions? Thanks.

One Piece if he can handle long shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom