• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Some of this looks sketchy... I thought kyousogiga was Winter, for one.

gHbGy.jpg

Some of this looks sketchy... I thought kyousogiga was Winter, for one.

Are we really doing this already?

Anyway, Kyousogiga is rather dubious - I see listings for it as part of the fall TV season on a couple sites but I can't find any official confirmation of it. We don't even know if there will be Kyousogiga on TV - just that there's supposed to be more of it somehow, sometime.

Gyrozetter, Code:Breaker, and Busou Shinki have been confirmed for fall in addition to what's on that chart.

wonzo

Banned
It's good to know they went out of order a bunch in the anime, so don't go skipping multiple chapters at once based on that. Maybe skim through even the stuff that's been covered.
i rarely if ever skip stuff in manga even if i've already seen an adaptation of it beforehand

Are we really doing this already?

Anyway, Kyousogiga is rather dubious - I see listings for it as part of the fall TV season on a couple sites but I can't find any official confirmation of it. We don't even know if there will be Kyousogiga on TV - just that there's supposed to be more of it somehow, sometime.

Gyrozetter, Code:Breaker, and Busou Shinki have been confirmed for fall in addition to what's on that chart.

You sure? I'm not seeing that anywhere.

Dresden

So... Kyousogiga was supposedly mentioned by Banpresto and Teoi as having a Fall release for whatever project it'd be, back in an event with Kazuki Yao.

Still no announcement of when Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA will air? It might not be until winter then.

Do we even know if that's supposed to be a TV anime? In any case, there will certainly be more announcements in the next couple months, so don't rule out a fall release.

So... Kyousogiga was supposedly mentioned by Banpresto and Teoi as having a Fall release for whatever project it'd be, back in an event with Kazuki Yao.

Hmm, I suppose we'll see what comes of this.

7Th

I don't really see Kyousogiga's sequel, whatever it is, coming out in Fall. I would think Yuuki Hayashi (animation director/character designer) is too busy with that Summer-bound Mobage adaptation.

Dresden

I've been reading the manga's entry in the Type-Moon wiki... And, oh God, she's an otaku that was raised as Shirou's sister.

They're actually turning Illya into Kirino 2.0.

It's mostly light-hearted yuri teasing.

By light-hearted I mean light as in the lack of heart, heart meaning conscience, thus equating lots of fanservice.

jman2050

From what I've seen just imagine what a show starring Ilya as a magical girl in a Type-Moon universe would be like and you're likely right on the nose.

I've been reading the manga's entry in the Type-Moon wiki... And, oh God, she's an otaku that was raised as Shirou's sister.

They're actually turning Illya into Kirino 2.0.

I've actually read the manga. She has nothing to do with Kirino.

It's basically like Cardcaptor Sakura with Nanoha-style combat adapted to the Fate universe. So it's shounen-style magical girl combat set in an alternate-universe timeline which occurs roughly about the same time as the original F/SN did. In this universe, there never was a Holy Grail War and Ilya is raised as a normal girl in Japan. Both
Kiritsugu and Irisviel
are alive in this universe, making it the only Fate universe where
Ilya knows her parents.
Anyways, Rin shows up and a bunch of shit happens and Ilya becomes a magical girl tasked with collecting Class Cards, 7 of them, which requires her to battle with and defeat the F/SN Heroic Spirits. There are 2 manga series, the second of which just finished up in Japan.

Oh, and for those who are thinking of reading the manga based on this description, I should warn you there is a LOT of loli fanservice. This manga is not Femmeworth-approved. However I think it would be cajun-approved, and that's good enough for me! It's actually really funny, and it has some really awesome fight scenes, and sometimes there's just enough of the Fate universe SRS BSNS to make you take the story somewhat seriously.

And if the right studio and director handles it, it will be a really fucking awesome anime. I'm only looking forward to the anime because I read the manga and ended up really liking it even though it could have turned out really badly. If you liked the fighting in Nanoha, this thing will pretty much hit the spot. No, not THAT spot, you pervert!

Bakemonogatari Ep. 8

Hosannainexcelsis was right, that was some good animation. Less drama, more fighting please. Oh god, what have I become?

It's basically like Cardcaptor Sakura with Nanoha-style combat adapted to the Fate universe. So it's shounen-style magical girl combat set in an alternate-universe timeline which occurs roughly about the same time as the original F/SN did. In this universe, there never was a Holy Grail War and Ilya is raised as a normal girl in Japan. Both
Kiritsugu and Irisviel
Ilya knows her parents.
Anyways, Rin shows up and a bunch of shit happens and Ilya becomes a magical girl tasked with collecting Class Cards, 7 of them, which requires her to battle with and defeat the F/SN Heroic Spirits. There are 2 manga series, the second of which just finished up in Japan.

Oh, and for those who are thinking of reading the manga based on this description, I should warn you there is a LOT of loli fanservice. This manga is not Femmeworth-approved. However I think it would be cajun-approved, and that's good enough for me! It's actually really funny, and it has some really awesome fight scenes, and sometimes there's just enough of the Fate universe SRS BSNS to make you take the story somewhat seriously.

And if the right studio and director handles it, it will be a really fucking awesome anime. I'm only looking forward to the anime because I read the manga and ended up really liking it even though it could have turned out really badly. If you liked the fighting in Nanoha, this thing will pretty much hit the spot. No, not THAT spot, you pervert!
These things contradict each other.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Hopefully, Robotics;Note would be just as good as Steins;Gate but I doubt it since White Fox isn't handling this.
Robotic;notes is probably going be a magnitude better than Steins;gate. The only reason Steins;gate was any good was because of the source material. The staff sucked ass.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Kiritsugu and Irisviel
Ilya knows her parents.

Huh. If you discount the loli fanservice... That doesn't sound bad at all, actually.

It bothers me that she's the main character in a series and still manages to
like Shirou
, though.

Kiritsugu and Irisviel
Ilya knows her parents.

I'll always welcome more non SRS BSNS Fate universe stuff.

I do feel bad that this is the only universe where Ilya's parents are alive in. That one moment of all three together in Carnival Phantasma was pretty sweet.

Branduil

Hyouka 9

Seems like this was the lead in episode for the "true mystery" so to speak. I did find it pretty enjoyable to watch them work through each person's theory for how the script should go though. Each one is picked apart in a very methodical way, and as always the accompanying visuals were great. Gotta love
drunk Chitanda

ibp17H1J5OwAkS.gif

sleepykyo

That mal graph is bull.

Harem and Ecchi as my least favorite? Yeah right. They just want to claim that 98% of mal users hate those 2.

I'm also surprised supernatural doesn't rank as one of my favorites.

Huh. If you discount the loli fanservice... That doesn't sound bad at all, actually.

It's actually much better than anybody could have expected. I'm guessing they greenlit an anime of it because it was the easiest Fate-related thing they could adapt right now while the glory of Fate/Zero was fresh in everyone's minds, but they wouldn't have bothered if it was complete shit and sold badly.

Well, Studio Deen might have. I really want ufotable to do this too, they could do the fight scenes justice.

It bothers me that she's the main character in a series and still manages to
like Shirou
, though.

She's not yandere for
Shirou
anymore though!

Yeah, I'm actually kind of unhappy about that. Yandere Ilya was Best Ilya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom