• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece 131 - 143

Just a night of fillers. Most were actually decent, Zoro's backstory was my favorite mainly because of how proficient he is at swords and that quote was cool "Using three swords is not the same as using three sword style, genius"! Then the actual filler arc, Rainbow Mist was compelling even though
time jutsus
was hard to wrap my head around. But finally Skypiea soon. Im hoping it can actually enjoy and like it animated, I disliked it in the manga.

The anime beats the going merry up so much :/

Branduil

Don't worry, magical girl Illya won't be sexualized at all.

ibpj3Pr81TNf7A.jpg

trejo

Eru's eyes really are a thing of beauty. It's such a shame they're attached to such a boring character in such a boring show.

Dresden

yozakura quartet - hoshi no umi - 03

So uh, I just completely forgot about this until now. Anyone who's seen the first two will have a good idea as to just what it'll be like, though: a well-directed set of episodes with great animation about shit you don't care about.

The first few minutes are a bit of a mess because it's not like we had any clue as to what is going on in the previous OADs, but the overall premise is simple enough (MAMORU) that it's easy to sort out before long, and it's just there to bridge into the fantastic action and animation anyhoo.

vhSu3l.jpg

The cute, expressive character designs really work well whether they're emoting or just doing backflips through the air. Animation itself can get giffy at times (no wonder considering the folks who worked on this), but it's still pretty spectacular stuff, though nothing in this installment is up there with a particular sequence in OAD2.

Also, it has hand drawn cars. I guess it's an ambulance so it doesn't count, though.

vvDlHl.jpg

(I should probably get around to searching for ryotimo's doojins.)

...but will there be Berser-Car?

All 7 Heroic Spirits, including BAHSAHKAH, are antagonists in this series. SPOILER:
Naturally, the final antagonist is Girugamesh, but this Girugamesh is a little different from the one you're used to. Huhuhu~

Was gonna say, if that Ilya thing turns out to be half as badass as Nanoha A's it could be alright.

uhuhuhu~
If only I was allowed to link to a few pages of a scanlation here. Oh well~

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
All 7 Heroic Spirits, including BAHSAHKAH, are antagonists in this series. SPOILER:
Naturally, the final antagonist is Girugamesh, but this Girugamesh is a little different from the one you're used to. Huhuhu~

On this day, Unknown Soldier convinced me to watch an Illya-focused Nanoha-like show full of loli fanservice.

Dresden

Is that what happens to forgotten loli characters? After their time is up and a new star takes their place...

They graduate . . . they're sent to Hawaii. They sometimes send back videos, to the lolis that took their place. It gives them hope. One day, they say, you can reach us here too; just follow Papa Song's words.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Is that what happens to forgotten loli characters? After their time is up and a new star takes their place...

You mean you didn't know?

Too much loli gives me heartburn and constipation; it's really just a disgusting filler meat that gunks up your insides.

Jex

This only applies if you're an active member of the MAL community or otherwise feel compelled to actively share the contents of your list with others. It's an excellent reference tool and you can make your list private and disable profile comments, private messages, and club invites if you so desire (and you'll really want to after the tenth time that someone tries to invite you to the ~*^NiChoLaS~xXx~D~xXx~WoLfWoOd~xXx~is~xXx~a~xXx~KaWaIi~xXx~BiShIe~xXx~ClUb^*~ just because they saw you update your episode count for Trigun.)
You say that but, then everyone is compelled to share it in this thread! Clearly that's a sign!

duckroll

whisper_of_the_heartb2k3k.jpg

This was a really sweet movie with some good characters in it. The scene in the image was absolutely fantastic too and was heart warming. This movie could have done with an extra 15 minutes or a sequel, though. They built up all these wonderful characters and then end it very prematurely.

Overall, I give this a 7/10. Great characters, animation and story, but suffers from a rushed ending.

the_cat_returnsjna7b.jpg

This was a cute movie. I liked the trio at the Cat Bureau too. The way they brought
The Baron to life
was exactly as I expected him to be.

While shorter than Whisper of the Heart, the story was better paced and the ending was satisfying. I give this one a 8/10.

Now I feel even sicker. Like a deadly virus has infiltrated into my nervous system, and tearing me apart bit by bit inside. I feel there is no hope for the world, and the future seems like a bleak place filled with emptiness.

duckroll

It's actually much better than anybody could have expected. I'm guessing they greenlit an anime of it because it was the easiest Fate-related thing they could adapt right now while the glory of Fate/Zero was fresh in everyone's minds, but they wouldn't have bothered if it was complete shit and sold badly.

Well, Studio Deen might have. I really want ufotable to do this too, they could do the fight scenes justice.

Why does this sound interesting? Why do I have any urge at all to want to check this out? Why why why? I feel I'm losing bits of my soul as I continue on today...

duckroll

Some of this looks sketchy... I thought kyousogiga was Winter, for one.

Are we really doing this already?

Anyway, Kyousogiga is rather dubious - I see listings for it as part of the fall TV season on a couple sites but I can't find any official confirmation of it. We don't even know if there will be Kyousogiga on TV - just that there's supposed to be more of it somehow, sometime.

Gyrozetter, Code:Breaker, and Busou Shinki have been confirmed for fall in addition to what's on that chart.

So... Kyousogiga was supposedly mentioned by Banpresto and Teoi as having a Fall release for whatever project it'd be, back in an event with Kazuki Yao.

I don't really see Kyousogiga's sequel, whatever it is, coming out in Fall. I would think Yuuki Hayashi (animation director/character designer) is too busy with that Summer-bound Mobage adaptation.

I don't think Kyousogiga is Fall. It might not even be Winter. They last mentioned it months ago, and haven't said anything since. If they don't have a sudden surprise announcement by next month, it isn't going to be Fall.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You say that but, then everyone is compelled to share it in this thread! Clearly that's a sign!

But we're an exception! This is a community thread in a community forum, and swapping MALs is a valid community activity! It's possible to have a purely academic interest in what other participants in this thread have watched and are watching.

I promise, if you register and take the privacy steps that I've laid out for you, you will remain entirely unmolested by the rabble of the greater internet anime community.

Jex

You guys just can't handle the truth as revealed by malgraphs.

Judging by all the comments here, it looks like the 'favourite genres' section is the least useful part of malgraphs. They should really rename is "you disliked/liked this amount of shows from a given genre'.

Why does this sound interesting? Why do I have any urge at all to want to check this out? Why why why? I feel I'm losing bits of my soul as I continue on today...

Perhaps you should learn as Kirei did that the search for pleasure triumphs over all things in life. Such are the lessons that Girugamesh can impart on you, if you are willing to listen to his wisdom!

Jex

the_cat_returnsjna7b.jpg

This was a cute movie. I liked the trio at the Cat Bureau too. The way they brought
The Baron to life
was exactly as I expected him to be.

While shorter than Whisper of the Heart, the story was better paced and the ending was satisfying. I give this one a 8/10.

Wait, what. The Cat Returns is wholly mediocre.
Now I feel even sicker. Like a deadly virus has infiltrated into my nervous system, and tearing me apart bit by bit inside. I feel there is no hope for the world, and the future seems like a bleak place filled with emptiness.

:(

Fate/Zero 17:

I actually had this episode spoiled for me by someone awhile back. If you're out there and you're reading this and you know who I am, fuck you.

Anyways, of all the Heroic Spirits, I always found Girugamesh the most awesome. I think it's because he alone of the Heroic Spirits was in charge of things and manipulated and controlled his Master to give him what he wished, not the other way around. Seibah has a cool sword laser, Rider travels around in a huge chariot pulled by angry bulls, Caster can summon a huge tentacle-rape monster to armor himself with, and BAHSAHKAH is BAHSAHKAH, but only Girugamesh took charge of his fate and nearly beat it, except for you know
those pesky kids 10 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom