• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grzi

Buta

Expected some nice action sequences, Kizuna Ichigeki style, since the character designs were so simplistic, and the anime didn't deliver in that aspect. It's still charming and the backgrounds are very pretty, but it's hard not to be disappointed when a lot of the action in a samurai anime happens of screen.
I liked it, but not that much.

Wasurenagumo

This was great, the animation was stellar and it managed to tell a neat story in 22 minutes. The ending was unexpectedly nice.

Defuser

ieKHwXjdTH8cJ.jpg

I think there's something wrong with me when my favourite studios involves DEEN.

duckroll

Breaking news: It seems next week's Shounen Jump confirms Medaka Box getting a second season. There's a strong possibility for an official announcement after ep12 airs tomorrow.

/XX/

Breaking news: It seems next week's Shounen Jump confirms Medaka Box getting a second season. There's a strong possibility for an official announcement after ep12 airs tomorrow.
So the first leaks were the right ones.

I don't know why I never clicked through Bahi jd's links to that short piece that he did some animation for, but for anyone else who made the same blunder here it is: http://vimeo.com/39758142
These guys really did an amazing job that needs all the exposure it can get!

I don't even care about the songs (episode 18 song is boss though), that ED is amazing.
Exactly. After the strange occurrences of every episode, seeing this soothing presentation of all the characters on a normal routine (and going along with new music each time, like if each day is the same but also slightly different) made the concept for this ending simply the right one for a series about (somewhat twisted and extreme but still) daily lives. On harmony at the end.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Thank you based anime God.

Animated Flask Plan arc. Oh, yes.

Westlo

Naze is cool, there was actually a decent fight with Zen vs the weapons guy in this upcoming arc as well (pretty funny how this guy shows up for a few chapters and still easily beats Zen in the last popularity poll) and they better at least give us a voice for Kumagawa for the final scene of s2. Still this would be the equivalent of Kenshin stopping after Saito pushes Sanosuke's shit in at the start of the Kyoto Arc, Flask arc has its moments but was still mostly mediocre.

Zetman 12

Kouga is definitely confirmed to be the worst main character in the anime. What is even driving his decision making process. I just don't understand why he would
shoot his father like that. Shouldnt he have been aiming for Haitani the whole time. A stupid and pointless diversion
. Otherwise everything else with Jin, haitani, was suspenseful and even really emotional when
Tanzaka regressed. Who knew she was even a player

Kind of darkish anime for me but still good, glad I gave it a chance and I cant wait to see how things conclude. Definitely makes me want more, but I probably wont go into the manga.

jman2050

Now I just need them to buy the movie rights and I can K-omplete my K-ollection!!.
I
Damn, that's some K-lever DVD art.
hate
the K-ase should have K-lued him in.
every
I was K-learly K-on!!fused.
single
Well, I'll be sure to K-on!tinue to help you you out if you K-an't figure it out in the future.
person
What if I K-an't figure out Kant?
involved
It's not easy to K-omprehend K-ant, but with K-ourage and fortitude, I'm sure you K-ould pull it off.
in
I'll give it the old K-ollege try! I'm sure it'll K-lick with me!
this
And while at K-ollege you K-an join the K-ollege K-omedy K-lub.
place
So that's what KKK means! D:
I
I'm inK-redulous!
can
(de geso).
only
This post is sure to be K-ON!troversial.
describe
I'm K-On!!fused.
as
I K-an't see why anyone would be K-on!!fused, it's all perfectly K-lear to me.
a
Ahhh, that song I do remember them replacing because it's a "real" song that they didn't want to pay for I suppose.

How K-uaint!
cruel
I'm K-on!!vinced this is all just a K-on!!spiracy now. :(
sadistic
Moe is K-illing anime again?
torture
It K-an't be helped. :(
chamber

de geso

Well they did end the latest episode with
the MC repeating a day, but with all the other characters vanished. Expect a ton of endless eight references in the last episode.

Oh that's right it was still
Sunday
. I watched it last night and saw that things changed but didn't realise this detail ..next week can't come sooner ...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
these silly puns are Keilling!! this thread

edit: speaking of K-On!, has the movie come out on BD yet as I still need to see the last few episodes... oh, i can feel the :firehawk tears coming already ;_;
The BD is coming July. I hope zeroshiki has already ordered 10 copies to help boost sales!

Kimi to Boku 2 ep 12
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5trv5BhRX1r6yxrwo1_500.gif

Final episode next week :( Interesting episode, everyone is so unfortunate with their love interests, poor Kanamecchi.
Yeah, I was all prepared for it to go Honey and Clover after season 1, so I'm pleasantly surprised that it didn't revolve around lots of angst (with the exception of Mary and Blondie, I suppose).

Wow you guys. Since I just had the strangest dream/nightmare about a freak summer snow-storm hitting the McKinney valley and melting into melt-water, flooding up the whole joint and leaving me weak and defenseless in the midst of both a cold storm and weakened legs after a whole school year's worth of wandering around my high school, life just got a lot more interesting with my new perspective on life. And now I come back in here to find you'sas doing some real-bad K-ON! punning-time and all, whilst I've just come up with the next insane Black Plague plot for a new Tomino film!

I'm going to be a screen-writer someday. I just know it.

Brazil

The BD is coming July. I hope zeroshiki has already ordered 10 copies to help boost sales!

I don't think K-On!! sales need any boosting.

Wow you guys. Since I just had the strangest dream/nightmare about a freak summer snow-storm hitting the McKinney valley and melting into melt-water, flooding up the whole joint and leaving me weak and defenseless in the midst of both a cold storm and weakened legs after a whole school year's worth of wandering around my high school, life just got a lot more interesting with my new perspective on life. And now I come back in here to find you'sas doing some real-bad K-ON! punning-time and all, whilst I've just come up with the next insane Black Plague plot for a new Tomino film!

I'm going to be a screen-writer someday. I just know it.

You should post detailed impressions of your dreams here. But only if they have lots of fanservice, of course.

Well—I could, but then it would start having illogical plot-points, an ill-thought-out MC, strange characters that appear for one scene and never appear again...! I could go on, really. But, I guess some of you might just like that, if it's just a dream sequence.

/XX/

Well—I could, but then it would start having illogical plot-points, an ill-thought-out MC, strange characters that appear for one scene and never appear again...! I could go on, really. But, I guess some of you might just like that, if it's just a dream sequence.
Go on, please! It is true some of us like our stuff nonsensical as we wouldn't be here otherwise... Japanese animation can be perceived as a very strange medium sometimes.

Brazil

Sounds exactly like a couple of AnimeGAF-favorite shows.

Like I said: a new Garzey's Wing. But less vivid, so I'm just unsure of the reception, and how Anime-GAF might interpret the dream and jump to conclusions about my mental state. Which never ends well.

/XX/

Like I said: a new Garzey's Wing. But less vivid, so I'm just unsure of the reception, and how Anime-GAF might interpret the dream and jump to conclusions about my mental state. Which never ends well.
That is one of the fears writers have, isn't it? Invasion of privacy; to think that they are transparent and people can see through them thanks to their works, like giving something too close to you.

Maybe it is necessary to be an exhibitionist in body and soul for that kind of profession!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom