• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagami

The BD is coming July. I hope zeroshiki has already ordered 10 copies to help boost sales!
If you want all the different store pre-order bonuses, that sounds about right!

I settled on getting it from the KyoAni shop for the "Creators' Book."
Hope it's worth the extra 3000 yen over buying on Amazon.

summer-anime-v2-jun18.jpg

Anything worth getting excited about?
Aside from Kiss x Sis 7, obviously

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Anything worth getting excited about?
Aside from Kiss x Sis 7, obviously

It's not a great season, but there are a few titles to consider.

Natsuyuki
Oda Nobuna
Moyashimon
Binbougami
Tari Tari
Dog Days'
SAO
Kokoro Connect

Avoid Yuru Yuri ♪♪ and Horizon S2 at all costs.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Shining Hearts - Shiawase no Pan 8-10

I almost fell asleep, like, five times during episodes 8 and 9. The amount of scenes in which absolutely nothing is happening in this show is mind-blowing.

The girl who just left a coma patronizing Rick was laughable. And the picnic/bikini scene in episode 9 had such a bizarre BGM.

Then, suddenly,
parallel worlds
and
lizard men
. I guess that means shit's finally going down.

Who needs ripped abs when you've got an exoskeleton?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you want all the different store pre-order bonuses, that sounds about right!

I settled on getting it from the KyoAni shop for the "Creators' Book."
Hope it's worth the extra 3000 yen over buying on Amazon.
Oh yeah, he was complaining about that too. It's like a video game release, with preorder bonuses from different retailers. lol

And for your sake, I hope that book is worth the 30+ bucks!

I'm surprised to see some variation in the eye-shapes, interestingly. But the way they plastered a face onto the third girl's head just looks bad. And they're all fucking creepy when they have the same expression, too.

In short: I think Tony Taka was an eroge artist until SEGA decided to hire on the cheap. Fuck that. Keep Tamaki! And keep that last GIF!

Joule

Yeah, I was all prepared for it to go Honey and Clover after season 1, so I'm pleasantly surprised that it didn't revolve around lots of angst (with the exception of Mary and Blondie, I suppose).

It's a shame there wasn't one episode for Yuta and Takahashi. Only background roles for her this season (though I really liked her cat moment in episode 11). Speaking of that episode, the first 5 shots were so :firehawk.
I doubt the last episode will be more than the guys doing whatever -> :firehawk moment -> the end. All in all though it's been fairly enjoyable. Mary and Chizuru stuff lasted longer than I would have expected (or wanted even) but it was okay.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's a shame there wasn't one episode for Yuta and Takahashi. Only background roles for her this season (though I really liked her cat moment in episode 11). Speaking of that episode, the first 5 shots were so :firehawk.
I doubt the last episode will be more than the guys doing whatever -> :firehawk moment -> the end. All in all though it's been fairly enjoyable. Mary and Chizuru stuff lasted longer than I would have expected (or wanted even) but it was okay.
Yeah, after that pseudo-date, she basically didn't matter to the crew any more. lol

And you know, in many ways, the show has been about letting go... so :firehawk indeed!

Oh I think that was my favorite moment with the cats all anime, some reason it was really relaxing.

Breaking news: It seems next week's Shounen Jump confirms Medaka Box getting a second season. There's a strong possibility for an official announcement after ep12 airs tomorrow.

Woo, interest in the last filler episode slightly raised!

There's something... different about the Nyaruko home page today...

http://nyaruko.com/
http://nyaruko.com/character/

At the very least, pretty cool of them to change stuff up due to what happened at episode 11.

Jex

Hmm, these words appear to be English, but they don't seem to make sense in the context of Unicorn...
All I can say about Gundam Unicorn is that at least if Tomino was writing it there'd be some entertainment value to it, but at that the moment it's just bad.

duckroll

Is Stay Night even worth watching? :c

In the current anime forms its available in, I wouldn't recommend it. The production values are kinda shit, the writing is bad, and it just didn't keep my interest. I think I watched like 3 episodes of F/SN back in the day before giving up. F/Z on the other hand is on a whole other level. The best course of action now would be to wait to see if Ufotable is going to remake F/SN in some form in the near future. There's a Type-Moon Festival event next month, so there might be announcements there.

I wonder how many non-Type-Moon VNs are going to get anime adaptations from now on. The idea could be fairly-lucrative for companies like 5pb. and, at least on a small scale, for Nitro+.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I just watched episode 1 of that and it was pretty meh.
It sure doesn't look like the Yuruyuri-killer I was lead to believe!
I'll give it a couple more eps.

I really like A-Channel. I do.

But it doesn't have shit on Yuru Yuri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom