• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the very same thing! And we'd get more music from Studio ZIZZ—hopefully, because they're some of the best game musicians I know!

Plus the fact that Saya no Uta would be awesome.

You hyping it up is tempting me to sit in for episode 1...considering your views are often aligned, I guess Ill do just that.

Well I'm not hyping it up for the action/fights, which is mostly what our views are aligned on. It's just a silly comedy with some heartwarming moments, so I have no clue if you'll like it or not. Might as well give it a try though.

Crazy things like holding an N64 controller with the left handle while using the analog stick?

You aren't going to let me live that down, are you >_>

Branduil

Well I'm not hyping it up for the action/fights, which is mostly what our views are aligned on. It's just a silly comedy with some heartwarming moments, so I have no clue if you'll like it or not. Might as well give it a try though.

You aren't going to let me live that down, are you >_>

Well, it's perfectly acceptable if you have giant hands I guess.

Grzi

All I can say about Gundam Unicorn is that at least if Tomino was writing it there'd be some entertainment value to it, but at that the moment it's just bad.

What is this, I thought it was supposed to be amazing, EVERYONE is praising it.

ZetaEpyon

Unicorn is probably the most lavishly-animated Gundam series, and it's essentially hours of fanservice for UC fans. So, if you like UC Gundam, it is amazing. I personally don't think the writing is so horrible, but who watches Gundam for the writing anyway?

Grzi

Unicorn is probably the most lavishly-animated Gundam series, and it's essentially hours of fanservice for UC fans. So, if you like UC Gundam, it is amazing. I personally don't think the writing is so horrible, but who watches Gundam for the writing anyway?

It has amazing production values and it is not Gundam AGE. In today's day and age, that's enough to be the most sought after Gundam anime product.

Yeah, I think I'll probably like it.
Although the plan is to wait for it to end so I can marathon it.

duckroll

Yeah, I think I'll probably like it.
Although the plan is to wait for it to end so I can marathon it.

Well, have fun waiting. They extended it by another volume, and the next one isn't coming out until Spring 2013. So it probably won't end before late 2013, or sometime in 2014 even.

/XX/

It has amazing production values and it is not Gundam AGE. In today's day and age, that's enough to be the most sought after Gundam anime product.
It has amazing production values
amazing production values
Quoted for (very important) truth. A joy to see something with that care put on it, really. It is always worth it to wait a LOT of time for a quality made product. I don't see the need of so much criticism based around that notion.

Naruto SD 12
l5Hd3.jpg
Decent premise but boring execution. The first part didn't really lead anywhere. Part two wasn't bad and at least had a decent ending.

i lost interest because after so many episode i still have not a clear idea of the big picture ... i plan to watch it once it's finished

like duckroll says , You should watch it just because "that" other gundam serie is currently airing ...it's 500% better ...fresh air in gundam form

cajunator

Banned

Will watch.

To be fair Magical Girl Nanoha was a spinoff of a rather risque anime and the first 2 seasons were pretty good. And had some great combat scenes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4wS4z8_4x4&feature=related

Nanoha is pretty damned awesome. My fourth favorite mahou shoujo series behind CCS, Sailor Moon, and Madoka Magica.

Wait, what. The Cat Returns is wholly mediocre.

:(

Regardless, its a lot of fun. I like it more than Whisper of the Heart. a lot more.

Because buying bad stuff just to "support the industry" just encourages that they make more of the bad stuff, really...

While I agree that buying only the bad series leads to making more of it, I dont think any form of support to an industry is a bad thing because it helps the overall well-being of the industry. Not to mention some of that "bad" stuff is in fact entertaining as hell. Everyone on this forum knows that to be true. We get treasures like Arjuna and Garzeys Wing and Yami.

The Cat Returns

Hey, remember those awesome fantasy scenes from Whisper of the Heart with The Baron that were basically a reflection of Shizuku's story and emotional state? You do?! Well, why don't we make a movie based off of that but without all the stuff that made it awesome in the first place? Really, you think it's a good idea?! Excellent! Then let's call it The Cat Returns so we can, y'know... remind people of just how awesome Whisper of the Heart was? Yeah!! I'm glad you also think it's a great idea senile Miyazaki!!!

Ugh, how could anyone possibly put something as boring and inconsequential as this above a masterpiece like Whisper of the Heart? I just don't get it.

Oh well, at least this had Muta and Cat Haru was pretty cute so this wasn't a complete waste of time... right??? :(

Why do I like it more? Because its a lot of fun and really cute. Thats why.

ieKHwXjdTH8cJ.jpg

I think there's something wrong with me when my favourite studios involves DEEN.

My MALgraph doesnt list Deen at all, despite me listing plenty of series from them that I liked.

Breaking news: It seems next week's Shounen Jump confirms Medaka Box getting a second season. There's a strong possibility for an official announcement after ep12 airs tomorrow.

I think everybody probably saw this coming.

I

hate

every

single

person

involved

in

this

place

I

only

describe

as

a

cruel

sadistic

torture

chamber

de geso

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh1ar3eERT4

Wow you guys. Since I just had the strangest dream/nightmare about a freak summer snow-storm hitting the McKinney valley and melting into melt-water, flooding up the whole joint and leaving me weak and defenseless in the midst of both a cold storm and weakened legs after a whole school year's worth of wandering around my high school, life just got a lot more interesting with my new perspective on life. And now I come back in here to find you'sas doing some real-bad K-ON! punning-time and all, whilst I've just come up with the next insane Black Plague plot for a new Tomino film!

I'm going to be a screen-writer someday. I just know it.

I just have normal dreams about gigantic tornadoes with faces.

They ruined it. Its unforgiveable. If it didnt have an amazing catgirl in it I would drop that show forever for what they've done!

Haha, I appreciate a wide variety of animes, both good and 'bad'.
K-ON was cute. Everything has its place.

Fate/Zero is the prequel to Fate/Stay Night, correct? Is F/SN just as good?

FSN is honestly entertaining in the same sort of way that FZ is but with much worse production values. Also Shirou is a fucking idiot. Aside from him though the characters are still fun and interesting, and Illya is adorable. I like the series a lot despite its faults. I have no problem with it.

Kagami

A-Channel 2

"We figured we'd try using the heater to dry our clothes."

uySEt.png

14 seconds later...something's not right:

o1iGh.png

NicoNico comments:
"lol, the AC unit"
"Hey, wait a minute"
"It teleported"
"lol'd at the AC position"
"I knew that thing moved"
"It's one of those models that moves"
"whoa I didn't notice when I watched it on TV"
not pictured:
"Maybe it's the window that moved"
"What? The AC units in you guys' houses don't move??"

A-Channel 2

NicoNico comments:
"lol, the AC unit"
"Hey, wait a minute"
"It teleported"

Not as "amazing" as the nonsense in Accel World, but that's still pretty bad!

jman2050

A-Channel 2

uySEt.png

o1iGh.png

NicoNico comments:
"lol, the AC unit"
"Hey, wait a minute"
"It teleported"
not pictured:
"Maybe it's the window that moved"
"What? The AC units in you guys' houses don't move??"

Last dude is right though. I dunno what weirdos you guys are for not having AC units that move!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom