• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

Nichijou 26 (Final)

If there was one sound that I constantly heard while watching Nichijou, it had to be, “Swoosh.” It was the sound of Short Thoughts, Helvetica Standards and all the other super short skits flying over my head like a bird traveling at Mach 2. Never before had I watched so many skits that were so polarizing. My reactions were often either, “I didn’t get it.” Or, “Okay, too much, I get it, I get it.” Rarely was there where it fell right in between. As you’d suspect, the aforementioned skits fell in the former. I think those that fell in the latter were just as problematic, with some gags overstaying their welcome. Take Episode 21’s skit of Yukko getting punished. It runs about 10 seconds too long. To the point where a simple, “Oh, I can understand how that’s humorous.” Turns into an, “OKAY, WE GET IT, STOP.” Another example that comes to mind would be a latter episode’s skit of Mio misundertstanding Sasahara’s interactions with
Nano, causing her to run for about 50 miles.

This right here was my main problem with Nichijou. Nearly every skit was either way too short and disposable or it was the anime equivalent of the Family guy chicken fight. Only very rarely could it manage to hit that sweet spot where the joke was both good and didn't overstay its welcome.

Take this scene, for example. It starts out fine, it's a perfectly acceptable skit, the gags work,I'm laughing my ass off, etc, but then it goes on for a whole goddamn minute more than it should and all I'm left thinking as I wait for it to get it over with is "why?"

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
"The Idolm@ster" Character Jelly Set Offered in Japan (Source)

66af5e6b43967eb9f2077859c652b72b1340158996_full.jpg

no kotori though so fuck this

Chihaya jelly is Blueberry? Sold. Also, is Rinne no Lagrange worth watching? I remember seeing two or three episodes and stopped for some reason. I don't remember anything about it.

Jex

I think a lot of people didn't really care for it until the 20s or so. I just think it's pretty hypocritical and annoying to criticize my approach to getting people into OP when many Gintama fans do the same thing, especially those that say to watch until Benizakura.

Well, I certainly wouldn't say anything like that. The show certainly starts to pick up quite a bit point but it' still good before that point.

wonzo

Banned
Akiba Blog Mascot Girl Gets Original Anime (Source)

Character sheets for "Nerd-chan," originally designed by Moetan's POP, also posted

An article (link contains images that are not work safe) on the Akiba Blog website by an unnamed "guerrilla PR man" announced on Wednesday that an original anime featuring "Nerd-chan," the website's mascot, is under development. Further details about the production will be revealed in a June 27 follow-up article, though a post by the website's owner insists that he himself did not actively pitch the idea for the anime.

The Nerd-chan (also known as Nerd-tan) character for the website was originally illustrated by POP, whose character designs have been used in titles such as Moetan and Kowarekake no Orgel. Two images of character sheets for the anime adaptation of the character were also revealed in the post.

nerdchan.jpg

hope y'all are ready for some nerd-chan

No Takane, NO SALE.
deb15cde3c39f0b2d5bb1a7bc544a1911340159536_full.jpg

i look forward to your impressions

Chihaya jelly is Blueberry? Sold. Also, is Rinne no Lagrange worth watching? I remember seeing two or three episodes and stopped for some reason. I don't remember anything about it.
unless you have a thing for yuri undertones then probably not considering you already dropped it

Are you... are you supposed to put your penis in it?
how lewd!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I feel your pain, but at the same time I don't think that gray-colored jello would look appetizing to most people.

They sell it. I've had it. I couldn't eat it just because of the colour.

It's black sesame seed. I also saw ice cream in this flavour.

Grey deserts. It's just wrong.

It's apparently called Kuro Goma Pudding (Purin)
RImaL.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You'll love it, especially the second half.

The final 50 episodes of D.Gray-man are some of the finest shounen in existence, non-ending be damned. I envy those who can marathon it fully knowing what they're getting into instead of suddenly getting slapped in the face with the news that the series is ending right as it reaches its climax.

Branduil

RImaL.jpg

Looks about as appetizing as a giant eraser.

So I watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time again. It's still pretty good. I'm better able to appreciate the loose animation now than when I first saw it.
I forgot that Chiaki came back for Makoto at the end there, so that made me really satisfied.

It would seem that they've released the first trailer for Code:Breaker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwX6i5dLBzE

Let me know how it looks; Bandai Visual apparently still doesn't want people in the US to watch their videos right away.

Here's a version of the trailer that's accessible in the US. Looks like a bunch of smug bastards.

He's likable because he doesn't.

"He's loud, brash, annoying, dense, idiotic, obnoxious, insensitive, etc., etc. "

-Aladdin usually sits back and observes shit because he's a boss and he knows that speaking out of turn is rude.

-he's not brash, dude is just good.

-not annoying

-perceptive lad

-obviously intelligent

-deeply sensitive to the plight of his friends and the common people

He also likes boobs. Luffy is like, asexual. +1 Aladdin.

Sounds good.

Reknoc

The final 50 episodes of D.Gray-man are some of the finest shounen in existence, non-ending be damned. I envy those who can marathon it fully knowing what they're getting into instead of suddenly getting slapped in the face with the news that the series is ending right as it reaches its climax.

Doesn't it cover the full Japan bit? Probably for the best it ends there since that's around the time the series hits its peak before taking a one way trip into loony town.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

RImaL.jpg

It looks like they boiled gym socks and granite dust in a pot with some gelatin and let it cool. I couldn't handle it.

If it was a bit more translucent, it would also be horribly reminiscent of aspic/meat jelly/etc:

2r42B.jpg

Doesn't it cover the full Japan bit? Probably for the best it ends there since that's around the time the series hits its peak before taking a one way trip into loony town.

Yeah, the second half of the series covers the Japan arc, Noah's Ark arc, and the
Black Order invasion/Lv4 Akuma
arc. I've been told by manga readers that it does indeed go off the deep end shortly after the anime ending, so a non-ending has its advantages in this instance.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Looks about as appetizing as a giant eraser.

I was on a group trip in Japan and we were having a set dinner and this lump on a plate arrives in front of us. Everyone's first response was basically "what the flip is this?"

The waiters response? "On, that's desert". Very helpful(!) I think about three spoonfuls were eaten in total amongst all the guests at the table.

Branduil

So I watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time again. It's still pretty good. I'm better able to appreciate the loose animation now than when I first saw it.
I forgot that Chiaki came back for Makoto at the end there, so that made me really satisfied.
Only to tell her he'd be waiting for her. So tragic.

cajunator

Banned
Akiba Blog Mascot Girl Gets Original Anime (Source)

nerdchan.jpg

hope y'all are ready for some nerd-chan

deb15cde3c39f0b2d5bb1a7bc544a1911340159536_full.jpg

i look forward to your impressions

unless you have a thing for yuri undertones then probably not considering you already dropped it

how lewd!

Yup. gonna watch that anime. HNNNNG.

Also, god-fruit for Takane. I love mangos so much.

RImaL.jpg

I would love to try that. I don't really care what food looks like as long as it tastes good.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I would totally eat it. They could make it more whitish colored and lyechee flavor.
Well we've established it exists so I guess it's up to you to prove you'd eat it. Good luck.
EDIT: Oh you're game. Well good luck all the same. Check out your local Japanese store. I'm sure they sell it.

Whatever it is, that thing is hideous.

http://i.imgur.com/zGbM1.jpg

Needs more belts to balance out the zippers. At least she uses SD cards rather than a Sony proprietary format.

cajunator

Banned
Well we've established it exists so I guess it's up to you to prove you'd eat it. Good luck.
EDIT: Oh you're game. Well good luck all the same. Check out your local Japanese store. I'm sure they sell it.

Needs more belts to balance out the zippers. At least she uses SD cards rather than a Sony proprietary format.

If I can find it, I'll try it.
The problem is such a thing probably isnt common here nor anywhere except Japan if it looks that way. Now I really want to taste it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Silly westerners.

::chomps into his black sesame desserts::

Reknoc

Yeah, the second half of the series covers the Japan arc, Noah's Ark arc, and the
Black Order invasion/Lv4 Akuma
arc. I've been told by manga readers that it does indeed go off the deep end shortly after the anime ending, so a non-ending has its advantages in this instance.

Oh neat, that is all pretty much awesome. May have to pick it back up again to see the
lvl4 Akuma
stuff.

cajunator

Banned
Au contraire, eet ees ze finest "delicacy".

What the hell does sesame even taste like? I've eaten about a million cheeseburgers in my life and I still don't have the slightest idea.

I picked all the sesame seeds off a bunch of buns once and ate them out of curiosity. they just taste like sunflower seeds.

wonzo

Banned

RImaL.jpg
i'm sure it tastes nice

Branduil

Au contraire, eet ees ze finest "delicacy".

What the hell does sesame even taste like? I've eaten about a million cheeseburgers in my life and I still don't have the slightest idea.

You guys can keep your delicacies. I'll just keep eating frighteningly unhealthy fast food.

iGf8JjZVmD1Y.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom