• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Before I dropped the show entirely, I was curious and decided to jump forward a few (hundred) episodes, mainly to see if anything actually does progress. I was relieved, and also a little sad to see that the main cast essentially haven't progressed at all. Even the scant character moments were continually undercut with goofy comedy , which had become even more apparent at that point.

I pretty much stopped about halfway through the Hueco-Mundo arc so never saw it through, but what happened with that, something similar?

And don't worry, everything about Fairly Tale looks horrendous, there is no worry about me trying it.

Well,
Hueco Mundo ends with Ichigo defeating Aizen as you'd expect. After the climactic battle, Ichigo basically has part of an episode where he's lying bandaged while surrounded by all of his friends and he's pretty much just told "welp, you've lost your shinigami powers". There's not really any reflection, no recognition of "hey, this asshole we've spent several years to kill is finally dead and Soul Society is safe", just onto the next arc ASAP. No relationships change, there are no significant revelations, the world remains static, and Ichigo remains his usual PROTECT PROTECT PROTECT self.

/XX/

With Kaze having it, I'm guessing they'll probably publish it for Italy too, considering they have done the same for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars, as well as other stuff.
Of course, as Kazé's parent company VIZ Media Europe announced the acquisition of the rights for all of continental Europe (http://www.vizeurope.com/index.php?...ope-acquires-rights-for-wolf-children&lang=en).

They don't have agreements yet with any distribution network here in Spain, but they want to in the near future and their releases use the same disc for every region that includes a variety of languages (like Spanish) from countries in which they want their products available in. I'd certainly want to see them (and others) step-up, and this seems to be their intention, as a potent Pan-European licensee and editorial group instead of the disperse regional companies on unimportant fragmented markets we have now.

Au cinéma ! - Les Enfants Loups : Ame & Yuki - Le film
http://www.enfantsloups-lefilm.fr/

Kazé Animé : éditeur d'animation japonaise depuis 1994 !
http://www.kaze-anime.fr/

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yay package!!

IMG_0010.jpg

Narag

Lupin III (1971) 18

I'm a little disappointed as I expected more of a mystery with Lupin's curiosity leading him into adventure rather than what I got with Lupin informing the episode's antagonist and the plans being outright told to the viewer. That minor quibble aside, there was some fine cast interaction all around with a great ending.

Not sure if error or deliberate to give the models a softer feel.

There was also this bizarre scene where Goemon is arriving and the crowd is running from him. It's the same people in color changing clothing doing the running though so it's really out of place in the episode.

Lupin III (1971) 18

I'm a little disappointed as I expected more of a mystery with Lupin's curiosity leading him into adventure rather than what I got with Lupin informing the episode's antagonist and the plans being outright told to the viewer. That minor quibble aside, there was some fine cast interaction all around with a great ending.

Not sure if error or deliberate to give the models a softer feel.

There was also this bizarre scene where Goemon is arriving and the crowd is running from him. It's the same people in color changing clothing doing the running though so it's really out of place in the episode.
This was good, yeah, though a little dull at times. I really liked Goemon's attack, as it was very well-animated overall.

Clarified the comment.

1stStrike

Banned
Yes.

Yes!

YES!

Finally, an anime where
the main characters actually admit their love for each other and kiss.

It seems like I'm always left disappointed on that front. The way they executed that moment was fantastic and I nearly teared up. I wasn't sure if I'd like this anime at first, but it's really come into its own. Definitely going down as a favorite.

If you like Gintama, you should.

Eh, I'm undecided on Gintama. I left off on episode 29 and my desire to pick it back up is not really all that high.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Medaka Box 10-11

Great execution.

Scenes like the
one with the one-two punch Medaka gave Unzen
and the Kumagawa flashback were really well-made, and the one where Unzen
grabbed Medaka's boob
was delicious.

And I loved Zenkichi's speech basically telling the viewers to stop watching the show if they don't like or want more glorious shounen action, haha.

While watching the ED I was thinking of how much of an awesome tease episode 12 would be, maybe even getting to
Nabeshima's fight
... But then the preview reminded me that it'll be original stuff. Ugh.

Oh, well. The second season will be a pleasure to watch.

Yes.

Yes!

YES!

Finally, an anime where
the main characters actually admit their love for each other and kiss.

It seems like I'm always left disappointed on that front. The way they executed that moment was fantastic and I nearly teared up. I wasn't sure if I'd like this anime at first, but it's really come into its own. Definitely going down as a favorite.

Manly tears.

Can't wait for your impressions of the final episodes, haha. So much hype.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
You'll know when you go on the list. At the moment I don't have a file of crazy things that you've said, so you don't need to go on the list.

thelist.jpg

I'm honored, even crossed out!

I drew something for you. Please accept it.

1030243-CE1FYQL.jpg

You see this, Extollere?

This is what happens when you put "Rin's Adventure" on a pedestal and do not praise Lord Rider!

But it was a good episode! even properly paced - and at least she actually did something. What did Rider do most recently? He spent half an episode marching furiously with an army of soldiers maybe half a foot towards Archer. Rider is a funny character sure, and I like him... but he's all talk and ain't shit.

1030272-8Q54HA8.jpg

survivor

Banned
A good teaser can hook one in at that time, Arcana Famiglia PV was the same length and I was sold on it by the time the final second transpired.

I was disappointed that it looked worse than the game's opening

Lots of yelling especially Hnnngzawa <3 Already feeling Gintama vibes.
Whoa, she is in it?

Ok, I retract my previous statement, this is gonna be anime of the generation

Eh, I'm undecided on Gintama. I left off on episode 29 and my desire to pick it back up is not really all that high.

Well what it has over Gintama is an actual level of progression, though I'm not sure if I'd say an actual "plot" just yet.

That's not really much to go on. Though I did glance over the first chapter of the manga and it seemed to be amusing.

How you doing on Kemeko? I'm thinking that might determine how much you'll like Binbougami (though it isn't definitive).

/XX/

Fujiko #12:
Script - Mari Okada
Episode Directors - Nana Harada, Akitoshi Yokoyama
Storyboard - Akitoshi Yokoyama, Sayo Yamamoto
Animation Directors - Hong Shen, Yukiyo Komito, Shinichiro Minami, Haruo Sotozaki

A bunch of people worked on the key animation for this episode, including Masaaki Yuasa and Hiroyuki Imaishi!
I missed this earlier... pretty cool! I was waiting since the beginning for Mr. Imaishi to show up as the good pal of Mr. Koike he seems to be (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36640385&postcount=31), but after seeing the clear opportunity he missed in working on episode 5 with other close pal like Shin Itagaki, I was starting to doubt on his participation on this.

So... any first impressions from you, duckroll? Or have you dropped it for good?

Dragoon En Regalia, you are my only hope!

I drew something for you. Please accept it.

1030243-CE1FYQL.jpg
Amazing! Jexhius, you know what to do with this now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom