• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew J.

Fate/Zero 18

Are insular island communities a thing in anime now? Between this and Eureka Seven AO...

This got grimdark pretty fast, although I shouldn't have expected anything less from Kiritsugu's backstory.

Almost every adult mage seems to be a sociopath to one degree or another. Zouken, Kayneth, Sola-Ui, Tokiomi, now even Kiritsugu's dad are seriously lacking in empathy.

The timing of these flashback eps is weird. They should have come right after 16, which ends with Saber asking Kiritsugu what happened to make him the way he is.

Where is a good site to list all of my watched and plan to have watched anime? I can think of MAL and ANN, or is there some other site for this? I could easily make a Word-doc, but then no one would be able to judge me and my opinions on anime.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Where is a good site to list all of my watched and plan to have watched anime? I can think of MAL and ANN, or is there some other site for this? I could easily make a Word-doc, but then no one would be able to judge me and my opinions on anime.

You've already listed MAL, so...

1stStrike

Banned
I think what makes Stein's Gate even better for me is because of the awesome red head in it. One of the main characters in my novel, Karena, is a red head and so Kurisu get a pass from me.

Character art for reference:

karenasmall9bga9.jpg

wonzo

Banned
just use MAL and set the list to private

1stStrike

Banned
hair colour makes characters good?
surely her hair is only dyed red, being Japanese

Nah, of course it doesn't affect whether a character is good or not, but it does affect my visual interest. I find red hair to be extremely attractive and I can't imagine I'd be as fond of Kurisu as I am if she had black, blond, or brown hair (or the other assorted color combinations they tend to use in anime).

Bakemonogatari Ep. 12

This was actually kind of nice. If only the show focused more on just Araragi and Senjōgahara, it might not be crap.

1stStrike

Banned
Manly tears.

Can't wait for your impressions of the final episodes, haha. So much hype.

The ending was great. I watched the OVA/episode 25 as well before posting up my impressions. Really wrapped it up well.

steins_gate2a6lc0.jpg

I'll break this down into two parts. Pre-craziness and post-craziness.

Pre-craziness:

When I started watching Stein's Gate I wasn't really feeling it at first. I didn't dig how off the wall and crazy Okabe was. Of course, things didn't make much sense either. The first episode was mostly confusing since there was no real explanation.

Things started to pick up as I approached episode 12, but Madoka really annoyed me. I'm still not fond of her character. The constant texting was annoying as hell. I was actually happy when she was
shot later in the series

Episode 12 began the emotional roller coaster that is the later half of Stein's Gate.

Post-craziness:

I really felt Okabe's desperation as he was defeated at every road. No matter what he did, it still resulted in failure. Watching his friend
die over and over again... he must have seen her die dozens of times in the most horrible of ways.
I can't imagine anyone going through that and not breaking emotionally.

When at last I reached the ending episodes where
Kurisu was supposed to die and he actually was the one that ended up stabbing her... well, yeah. I did see that coming by that point, but it didn't make it any easier.

The way they wrapped things up was well done, though. I can say that I was satisfied with the way this anime ended (including the OVA/episode 25) and can't imagine them ever topping this. This is a series that they don't need to go back and revisit since it's one of those rare anime that is perfect the way it is.

Also, I'm going to be saying Doo Doo Doo! for weeks probably.

Now that I'm done with Stein's Gate, is there anything else that's similar in how damn good it is? I'm not really feeling moe anime or anything right now. I want something that'll keep me on this high.

Things started to pick up as I approached episode 12, but Madoka really annoyed me. I'm still not fond of her character. The constant texting was annoying as hell. I was actually happy when she was
shot later in the series

Episode 12 began the emotional roller coaster that is the later half of Stein's Gate.

Post-craziness:

I really felt Okabe's desperation as he was defeated at every road. No matter what he did, it still resulted in failure. Watching his friend
die over and over again... he must have seen her die dozens of times in the most horrible of ways.
I can't imagine anyone going through that and not breaking emotionally.

Also, I'm going to be saying Doo Doo Doo! for weeks probably.

Tututu, used to be my phones txt tone for a few months until I switched it to one from Fairy Tail. But not a fan of Shining Finger? Im starting to think that she and Ruka must have had the least fans, both were favorites of mine.

I think I felt Okabe felt differently.
Didnt he actually get desensitized to seeing her die over and over again. I thought he discussed that with Kurisu in one of the timelines. I felt it emotionally but after awhile its just became monotanous where you could sort of expect it, but fortunately he managed to solve it before I tuned it out completely

Anime should have ended at 22 or so
Introducing the war thing and trying to time travel and develop Kurisu was just way too deep to be concluded in the remaining episodes, they needed a few more and it would have wholly been satisfying, I think

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The ending was great. I watched the OVA/episode 25 as well before posting up my impressions. Really wrapped it up well.

You mean Moeka, haha.

But, yeah. It's really one of those shows you can't add anything to. I'm actually scared of what they might do with the film, haha.

After I finished Steins;Gate I watched Madoka to ease my way back into moe/shit anime. It wasn't so painful that way.

Defuser

Steins;Gates sure have alot of memorable words and phrases.

Tuturu!
Yuri Field
El Psy Congroo
"Hey mister, I am mad scientist! It's so cool! Sonabitch!"
Chriiiistina!
"It's not like I_______ ok?

Goddamn Miyano Mamoru is such a excellent seiyuu the way he portrays Okabe.

1stStrike

Banned
Tututu, used to be my phones txt tone for a few months until I switched it to one from Fairy Tail. But not a fan of Shining Finger? Im starting to think that she and Ruka must have had the least fans, both were favorites of mine.

I think I felt Okabe felt differently.
Didnt he actually get desensitized to seeing her die over and over again. I thought he discussed that with Kurisu in one of the timelines. I felt it emotionally but after awhile its just became monotanous where you could sort of expect it, but fortunately he managed to solve it before I tuned it out completely

Anime should have ended at 22 or so
Introducing the war thing and trying to time travel and develop Kurisu was just way too deep to be concluded in the remaining episodes, they needed a few more and it would have wholly been satisfying, I think

Yeah, I think they were trying to give you the same feeling that Okabe had of where after a while you stopped really caring. But then in episode 22 you're reminded by Kurisu just how fucked up it is for you to stop caring that she's
dying over and over again right in front of Okabe
. I really liked that.

I was fine with the length. The OVA added that extra bit that was needed, IMO, and it's just right.

You mean Moeka, haha.

But, yeah. It's really one of those shows you can't add anything to. I'm actually scared of what they might do with the film, haha.

After I finished Steins;Gate I watched Madoka to ease my way back into moe/shit anime. It wasn't so painful that way.

Madoka, Moeka, whatever her name is. Shining Finger. I disliked her - she's pretty to look at, but has no personality. There's nothing to like.

Also, there's a film coming out?! I'm hyped so as long as they don't mess with the original story any.

I wouldn't mind another science oriented anime with a love story interwoven into it, but I don't think there's anything else out there that will scratch that itch.

cajunator

Banned
Yay package!!

Mine arrives on Friday. Can't wait! Cute is cute!

A quick 15-second CM spot for Binbougami Ga:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJDm9SPY4CM

Hanazawa? In my animu? IN MY VEINS MORE LIKE.

Bakemonogatari Ep. 12

This was actually kind of nice. If only the show focused more on just Araragi and Senjōgahara, it might not be crap.

Bakemonagatari had enough Senjou/Araragi to be fun. Nise lacks in this department so I haven't watched it.

wsippel

Banned
Yes.

Yes!

YES!

Finally, an anime where
the main characters actually admit their love for each other and kiss.
You might want to watch Highschool DxD - an even more baffling case, because not only do they do just that, it's also an ecchi harem show. Goes completely against genre conventions in that regard (and several others, now that I think about it).

Bakemonagatari had enough Senjou/Araragi to be fun. Nise lacks in this department so I haven't watched it.
"Fun." Sure, if you like being manipulated and/or have the critical thinking skills of a sponge. I would dislike it less if it was a more traditional romance without the harem bullshit.

cajunator

Banned
"Fun." Sure, if you like being manipulated and/or have the critical thinking skills of a sponge.

I'm quite sure neither applies to me as I have held down a job for years which requires quick problem solving and control over dozens of truck drivers. I liked Bakemonogatari because Senjou is fucking awesome. Its really that simple.

Defuser

You might want to watch Highschool DxD - an even more baffling case, because not only do they do just that, it's also an ecchi harem show. Goes completely against genre conventions in that regard (and several others, now that I think about it).

Can't we just have a normal romantic relationship show without over the top ecchi of ass and tits in our faces? The genre for it is lacking severely.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm quite sure neither applies to me as I have held down a job for years which requires quick problem solving and control over dozens of truck drivers. I liked Bakemonogatari because Senjou is fucking awesome. Its really that simple.

Seriously, Femme, regardless of what you think of Bakemonogatari, there's zero reason to be so sour and condescending. Who benefits from resorting to belittling someone else's intelligence because they like something that you don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom