• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew J.

ziis aa a fuu ofu mai faiforitu singsu

I actually don't think Ri'ko's English was that bad. Noticeably accented for sure, but I've heard way worse.

Fate/Zero 23

I like armor Gilgamesh better than casual clothes Gilgamesh. Casual Gilgamesh is a douchebag. Armor Gilgamesh shows honor and respect, and also kind of looks like a Super Saiyan.

survivor

Banned
Tsuritama 11

That was fantastic.
I liked Yuki's flashback mode in this episode and how he used it to figure out the right colour for the bait. The final fishing battle was pretty standard but then Haru happened :(

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Boy, Envelope's halcyon days of having a positive tag sure were short!

It seems to me that the cast of Smile Precure! is awfully similar to the Mane Six from Yuuhou wa Majou, to wit:

Miyuki=Pinkie Pie (Pink hair, goofy, wants to make everyone happy)
Nao=Applejack (Grounded, responsible tomboy)
Akane=Rainbow Dash (Prideful, impulsive tomboy)
Yayoi=Fluttershy (Moeblob)
Reika has elements of both Rarity (Graceful, prone to overly dramatic gestures) and Twilight Sparkle (Academic excellence, highly diligent to compensate for existential self-doubt)

Huh, guess that means Akane is a le- *BLAM*

Never seen any of that Nissan Combination fanart, eh?
(Nao x Akane, some joke about there being cars called Nissan March and Nissan Sunny)

And so, once again, it's time for a free-for-all battle to determine who's the winner of Round 2:

6mtrg.png

http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/voting/

Pretty nice when there's so much less choices so I'm not actually randomly voting for once.

Tsuritama 11
tumblr_m5zuavXuLT1qzd219o2_250.gif

Haru dont go :( Akira was epic in the fight scene and then the fishing was pretty awesome even Yuki rising to the occasion and Akira and Natsuki getting in and helping but otherwise, Im ready for the next episode.

Oh the Duck company theme is one of my favorite background songs in the anime. Definitively anime of the season.

1stStrike

Banned
It's not all that negative if you ask me.

Mine is worse imo since it's not true. I never actually spelled anything wrong, I just didn't account for the fact that there was two separate spellings for the same word in English/British :p

Maybe someday a mod will change it to something more interesting. I'm at 3 years with this tag.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tsuritama 11

That was fantastic.
I liked Yuki's flashback mode in this episode and how he used it to figure out the right colour for the bait. The final fishing battle was pretty standard but then Haru happened :(
Of course, the best part was that it ended with Haru saying
"goodbye"
, which is a callback to the last couple of episodes.

Who knew that two original shows this year would have perhaps the best television scripting that I've seen in recent memory? I really wonder if the summer season will have a surprise in store. 3/3 would be asking for too much, I think.

survivor

Banned
Of course, the best part was that it ended with Haru saying
"goodbye"
, which is a callback to the last couple of episodes.

Who knew that two original shows this year would have perhaps the best television scripting that I've seen in recent memory? I really wonder if the summer season will have a surprise in store. 3/3 would be asking for too much, I think.

What's the second one?

Just checked the summer chart and the only original anime is Tari Tari so the odds seem low.

It has been super-double confirmed that the Magi anime will start this October, airing in Gundam AGE's timeslot, just like all the details indicated.

Wow, fall really is Shounen season. Excellent.

So is that a timeslot where 100+ episode shows have aired before?

Tsuritama 11

This is one of those times where the soundtrack really makes the scene. Love the A-Team track.

Edit: Also, I call thread for Magi OT.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's the second one?

Just checked the summer chart and the only original anime is Tari Tari so the odds seem low.
Ano Natsu from last season. I mean, it's a romcom, but genre aside, I think it's one of the best television shows I've seen this year.

Of course, Natsuiro Kiseki is an example of an original show that ends up being fairly average. I assume Tari Tari will probably end up like that until proven otherwise... so, I guess two for the year ain't bad considering 99% of anime is shit. lol

Ano Natsu from last season. I mean, it's a romcom, but genre aside, I think it's one of the best television shows I've seen this year.

Of course, Natsuiro Kiseki is an example of an original show that ends up being fairly average. I assume Tari Tari will probably end up like that until proven otherwise... so, I guess two for the year ain't bad considering 99% of anime is shit. lol
Is it really that good despite the boob alien?

survivor

Banned

If it wasn't for the ending, Ano Natsu would have been one of the greatest love stories ever told.
Yes, I'm still bitter. You haters can post your Gintama-Kanna crying gif now

What's wrong with her?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
to be honest, 99% of all media is shit
That's probably true.
Speaking of the 99%, I'm almost looking forward to the Aaron Sorkin trainwreck this Sunday.

For the genre, sure. In the same way that the best seasons of Friends was pretty good before it became a cash cow for NBC. It's not Shakespeare, but for what it sets out to do, it does it better than its peers.

Who is this boob alien I keep hearing about?
Boob Alien:

If it wasn't for the ending, Ano Natsu would have been one of the greatest love stories ever told.
Yes, I'm still bitter. You haters can post your Gintama-Kanna crying gif now
Damn son, you have to stop being like
the loser Kanna
and get over it already!

What's wrong with her?
Even I called the show Boob Alien when it aired. lol
I mean... megane boob alien magical girlfriend. She's two nekomimi and a tail shy of being the perfect otaku-bait girl.

Narag

Midori

iUdHnUiNlhuaq.gif

That was awesome. Dark, twisted, and sometimes unintentionally comical. Shame the animation was so limited for the most part although that did help the better animated portions stand out.

survivor

Banned
Damn son, you have to stop being like
the loser Kanna
and get over it already!
Never. Just like what I'm doing in Nisekoi right now, I will always stick with the loser girl to the bitter end.

Even I called the show Boob Alien when it aired. lol
I mean... megane boob alien magical girlfriend. She's two nekomimi and a tail shy of being the perfect otaku-bait girl.
Never thought about her as otaku bait but now that I think about it you are probably right.

Defuser

The only thing Ichika has over Kanna is her boobs and and dumbass Kaito pick the obvious.

Never thought about her as otaku bait but now that I think about it you are probably right.

Really? First episode already have her boobs shove into Kaito's face and that bouncing beach episode...

But Kanna is also otaku bait sadly. Dat drunk catgirl maid outfit and that drunk pose.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The only thing Ichika has over Kanna is her boobs and and dumbass Kaito pick the obvious..
Kanna deserves to lose because she wanted to stay in the friendzone!

Damn Google overlords.
And yet they have a safe search off option!

Never. Just like what I'm doing in Nisekoi right now, I will always stick with the loser girl to the bitter end.
You've got no one to blame but yourself. :(

Yep. I suppose they even made her more palatable since her predecessor was a teacher and therefore too old.

----

Polar Bear Cafe 12
SNKo6l.png

You could almost hear David Attenborough. A oldie, but a goodie.

I think wonzo is the only one who is still watching this... but is it me, or did they change the voice actor for "Full Time" Panda?

cajunator

Banned
No, but a quick google search shows me I should.

Oh I do believe you would appreciate it most highly.
Its a fun action show and the main character is called Tita.

The only thing Ichika has over Kanna is her boobs and and dumbass Kaito pick the obvious.

Really? First episode already have her boobs shove into Kaito's face and that bouncing beach episode...

But Kanna is also otaku bait sadly. Dat drunk catgirl maid outfit and that drunk pose.

Oh god yes.
Has there been a figurine of her made yet? Ill buy a catgirl version without hesitation.

Hmmm, well maybe this can be the first.

Conversely, has there ever been something super short in that timeslot?

I'll just go ahead and list all the shows that have run in the Nichigo slot:

April-September 2008: Code Geass R2 (25 episodes)
October 2008-March 2009: Gundam 00 S2 (25 episodes)
April 2009-July 2010: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (64 episodes)
July-September 2010: Sengoku Basara S2 (13 episodes)
October 2010-April 2011: Star Driver (25 episodes)
April-October 2011: Blue Exorcist (25 episodes)
October 2011-present: Gundam Age (50 episodes)

I'd expect either a two-cour or four-cour deal for Magi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom