• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

Me and my best friend joke that this anime is about us, and it happens that on the episode that
Sen gets into a car accident, so do I.
I'm finding this to be creepy.

Also hi guys, it's been a while...I think?

survivor

Banned
Sket Dance 6

So they got to the club disbanding episode pretty fast. I think like every anime/manga that is based around clubs has this conflict. I wonder if Hyouka will have it. Didn't expect another Momoka episode so soon. But I didn't mind it at all since she has the voice of an angel and I can listen to it all day long.

Man, Bossun went the cheap way and made a sad play just to make these dumb little kids cry. But man, Momoka's story, I cried while watching it :(

wonzo

Banned
From Up on Poppy Hill

poppyhill.jpg
poppyhilla.jpg
poppyhillb.jpg

Oh my, I had to double check that this was a Goro Miyazaki movie as this was legitimately a pretty damn good one! Everything from the really great visuals to the charming characters really all work together to make this an incredibly homely and heart-warming experience. This was definitely one of the better Ghibli movies I've seen so far.

This and Arrietty have certainly given me hope for the future of Ghibli for when Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata inevitably kick the bucket. Then again... there never would've been any cause for concern if they hand't chased away Mamoru Hosoda in the first place!

Narag

From Up on Poppy Hill

Oh my, I had to double check that this was a Goro Miyazaki movie as this was legitimately a pretty damn good one! Everything from the really great visuals to the charming characters really all work together to make this an incredibly homely and heart-warming experience. It's definitely one of the better Ghibli movies I've seen so far.

This and Arrietty have certainly given me hope for the future of Ghibli for when Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata inevitably kick the bucket. then again... there never would've been any reason for concern if they hand't chased away Hosoda in the first place!

That looks so great. I was hesitant after being burned by Earthsea. Now I have something to look forward to!

Narag

Earthsea was by far the most boring anime film I ever watched.
It was depressingly dull. Absolutely awful.

I heard it was bad and I thought to myself, "How bad can it be?" I still haven't learned my lesson but between that, Eiken, and the second season of Gundam 00 one day I will.

cajunator

Banned
I heard it was bad and I thought to myself, "How bad can it be?" I still haven't learned my lesson but between that, Eiken, and the second season of Gundam 00 one day I will.

NO trust me I went into it with the same mindset and really should have relaized it when my computer kept wanting to play the DVD upside down and backwards. It was trying to warn me. I ended up playing it on my Ps3 and regretted every second of that dull, empty experience.

Narag

NO trust me I went into it with the same mindset and really should have relaized it when my computer kept wanting to play the DVD upside down and backwards. It was trying to warn me. I ended up playing it on my Ps3 and regretted every second of that dull, empty experience.

Oh I've seen it. I'm still mad about it.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 The Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer

With seeing many gundam fans split on the movie, I was expecting something pretty not good. Fortunately that was not the case as 120 minutes of Setsuna F Seiei, 00 Raiser, Saji, and even
00 Quanta and Full Innovator Setsuna
, was actually pretty awesome and pleasing. Its like they made Setsuna have all the qualities of a perfect character, cool design, great voice, intense strong abilities, and even the best lines.

Visuals were exactly what I wanted with so many beams, lasers, beam swords, and explosions. It kind of makes me want even more Gundam 00. Now Im tempted to rewatch 00 all over again even though I just did it two months ago. 10/10, worth the $20 and made me wish the tv series was released in the US in full hd.

Darn I was hoping Magi could be a >100 anime, seems these anime are like only once every year or so, assuming hxh makes it to that number and toriko continues...

I'm 90% sure Toriko is continuing. Duckroll seems to think hxh is, but who knows considering later arcs and Togashi.

I also hope Magi is long-running ongoing. Guess we'll find out eventually.

survivor

Banned
Sket Dance 7

And another sad episode. I want another light hearted episode to cheer me up now. Manga girl needs to come back.

See, I liked Earthsea. I thought the world was gorgeous and I actually watched it twice. Thinking back, I also watched Summer Wars twice...

Ruh roh.

I don't like the comparison you are making

1stStrike

Banned
Summer Wars is pretty good, though.

Well hey, I'm glad I'm not alone in liking it!

Sket Dance 7

And another sad episode. I want another light hearted episode to cheer me up now. Manga girl needs to come back.

I don't like the comparison you are making

I'm not comparing them, but it seems like the popular vote is that Summer Wars wasn't all that great. And the popular vote seems to be that Earthsea wasn't all that great. But, I liked both, so in this case my tastes seem to be the opposite of the majority!

Dresden

Summer Wars was quite acclaimed outside of gaf and on animegaf the consensus seems to be that it's decent/good, but worse than TGWLTT. It's certainly not Earthsea.

Jex

From Up on Poppy Hill

This and Arrietty have certainly given me hope for the future of Ghibli for when Hayao Miyazaki and Isao Takahata inevitably kick the bucket. Then again... there never would've been any cause for concern if they hand't chased away Mamoru Hosoda in the first place!

Assuming that Hayo had no involvement with the project and didn't do his usual thing or sitting around an redrawing stuff himself!

wonzo

Banned
See, I liked Earthsea. I thought the world was gorgeous and I actually watched it twice. Thinking back, I also watched Summer Wars twice...

Ruh roh.
Please don't compare Earthsea to something like Summer Wars which is actually a pretty good yet flawed movie.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Sakamichi No Apollon 11

Awesome as usual. Can't wait for the final episode.

Btw, if anyone wants to join me, I'll be streaming some doodling and sketching (probably naked looking girls or anime things) along with some PSG soundtrack or something(?) in the background. I dunno! Whatever!

http://www.justin.tv/one2hit

1stStrike

Banned
I didn't realize the season and pretty much the anime ended here with no sight of a sequel =\ I wouldn't have watched it if I'd known that there was no conclusion of any kind awaiting at the end.

Oh well. Onto the next series tomorrow.

survivor

Banned
Sket Dance 8

Yep, this is by far my favourite episode. I loved both parts and they were both very creative and fully of energy.

Surprised to see Momoka take the stage again. I seriously hope they are not just focusing on her now only to be forgotten for the next 40 episodes. That will make me very sad. These magical girls anime parodies are so hilarious. The first one is about 2 girls, one is pregnant, and the other is about to get married. So bizarre. Then the other one is about an evil magical girl that extorts money from the villains. And then the third one is about a yankee magical girl.

The second part started out very confusing and meh but my god, this Genesis game is so random. It's like a combination of tennis and dodgeball. I laughed at the training dance.

I'm not comparing them, but it seems like the popular vote is that Summer Wars wasn't all that great. And the popular vote seems to be that Earthsea wasn't all that great. But, I liked both, so in this case my tastes seem to be the opposite of the majority!

Popular vote sucks, Summer Wars was great.

Sket Dance 8

Surprised to see Momoka take the stage again. I seriously hope they are not just focusing on her now only to be forgotten for the next 40 episodes. That will make me very sad.

While Momoka doesn't appear as often later, she does come back every now and then. She's certainly not forgotten about.

Jex

i dunno if at this point senile-zaki doing anything related to writing or planning is a good thing.

Judging from some of his incredibly heavy handed dialogue in parts of Arrietty, I don't think so either.

On the other hand 'planning' is a very generic process, at least from what I understand of Hayo's interviews and writings. I think his experience there might be slightly more beneficial - apart from his tendency to try and take over everything that he finds isn't up to his usual standards: which is everything eh sees.

Summer Wars is ok. Just held back by a really dumb story. It looks great, has nice characters and interactions.

I like it more than TGWLTT, which repelled me with Makoto's character progression. Compare the girl she is at the beginning of the movie to the end and weep.

But I can respect almost any opinion, positive or negative, they're awesome or they suck, on either of those. I cannot respect someone liking Earthsea.

Narag

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon 5-8

Brony conventions, turtles, an amazing Zoisite, and ReixMakoto fanfiction being given legitimacy. Truly a groundbreaking series of episodes.

With bonus plush cats staring in your window as you ruminate over the crushing loneliness of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom