• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friends, my comrades, the day has finally come!

In 24 hours, Fate/Zero finally comes to an end.

Episode 25 credits
Storyboard: Ei Aoki
Episode Direction: Ei Aoki, Kei Tsunematsu, Takuya Nonaka
Animation Direction: Tomonori Sudou, Atsushi Ikariya
Assistant Animation Direction: Miyuki Ishizuka

Assassin is really excited about the finale, are you? :D

http://i.minus.com/jbhkQIKXUAkY7a.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

Ill miss Fate/Zero saturdays...then the long wait to endure for the cheap rerelease or dub eventually to reexperience it. I hope they throw in a montage of sorts of the previous characters just for nostalgia sake.

LegatoB

I decided to watch that Unlimited Blade Works film, since I've been writing high on Fate/Stay.

And it really is just terrible. Normally movies are rushed, but have more put into the design. Yet the design and details don't even come close to Zero's.
It's DEEN, man. Even when they turn out work that's really good by their standards, it's still far, far sort of ufotable. (Plus, F/SN is just straight-out worse than F/Z.)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
BIGLOBE has spoken. The official poll results, with 10,361 total votes, for the most anticipated summer show:

1 Yuruyuri♪♪ (1,062)
2 Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II (1,035)
3 Kokoro Connect (837)
4 Sword Art Online (781)
5 Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imoto ga Iru! (711)
6 Dog Days' (635)
7 Tari Tari (577)
8 Binbogami ga! (491)
9 Dakara Boku-ha, H ga Dekinai. (374)
10 Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (347)
11 Ebiten: Koritsu Ebisugawa Koko Tenmon-Bu (346)
12 Oda Nobuna no Yabo (322)
13 Upotte!! (318)
14 Love, Election, & Chocolate ((288)
15 Lagrange - The Flower of Rin-ne season 2 (277)
16 Chitose Get You!! (272)
17 Joshiraku (240)
18 Campione! (229)
19 Moyashimon Returns (219)
20 Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse (203)
21 La storia della Arcana Famiglia (181)
22 Hagure Yusha no Estetica (171)
23 Choyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi (152)
24 Natsuyuki Rendezvous (148)
25 Hakuoki Reimeiroku (145)

As it should be.

yuruyuri01.jpg

Makoto

... Why can't you put it down though? That bad harem show charm?
No, if you can accept the premise of such an academy, the show becomes a fairly competent harem. For being a butler, the main character is actually less wimpy than your typical harem MC and his reasons for helping the girls throughout the show make sense (because he's butler and it's his duty to help the girls). The drill chick's actions are also lent some credibility due to the setting. Being an upper-class lady and tsundere, it doesn't seem out of the ordinary for her to treat the MC with less respect, due to what happens between them in the first episode and because he's a butler. It's a fun show so far, I feel it's better than Haganai.

No, if you can accept the premise of such an academy, the show becomes a fairly competent harem. For being a butler, the main character is actually less wimpy than your typical harem MC and his reasons for helping the girls throughout the show make sense (because he's butler and it's his duty to help the girls). The drill chick's actions are also lent some credibility due to the setting. Being an upper-class lady and tsundere, it doesn't seem out of the ordinary for her to treat the MC with less respect, due to what happens between them in the first episode and because he's a butler. It's a fun show so far, I feel it's better than Haganai.

It'll be interesting to see if you still like the MC after the ending.

survivor

Banned
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 11

Well they wrapped up that little conflict very nicely.
Who knew that hugging Shadow Yuuko would do the trick? Oh and that revelation at the end was really surprising. Is the grandma's role different in the manga? It felt to me that she would play an opposition role before eventually helping them.

I don't know what they plan to do for the next and final? episode. Unless of course they want to go over that thing shown after the ED but it doesn't look like a problem that can be resolved in one episode.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Lewd gif removed.

Ottawa jazz festival is on, someone cosplay Richan from Apollon and go with me onegai.

Jex

Mysterious Girlfriend X 6

There just wasn't enough Oka in this episode, and she really does look like a grade schooler with huge tits.She's so short. And they're all so formal calling each other by their family name, who knew they got off on people calling them by their first name? And we actually get to meet his old middle school crush, and Urabe would be sad if he met her a cafe to talk? But didn't she have this other guy taste her drool? Get out while you can Tsubaki.

This is common in many anime and manga series'.

Andrew J.

BIGLOBE has spoken. The official poll results, with 10,361 total votes, for the most anticipated summer show:

1 Yuruyuri♪♪ (1,062)
2 Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II (1,035)
3 Kokoro Connect (837)
4 Sword Art Online (781)
5 Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imoto ga Iru! (711)
6 Dog Days' (635)
7 Tari Tari (577)
8 Binbogami ga! (491)
9 Dakara Boku-ha, H ga Dekinai. (374)
10 Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (347)
11 Ebiten: Koritsu Ebisugawa Koko Tenmon-Bu (346)
12 Oda Nobuna no Yabo (322)
13 Upotte!! (318)
14 Love, Election, & Chocolate ((288)
15 Lagrange - The Flower of Rin-ne season 2 (277)
16 Chitose Get You!! (272)
17 Joshiraku (240)
18 Campione! (229)
19 Moyashimon Returns (219)
20 Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse (203)
21 La storia della Arcana Famiglia (181)
22 Hagure Yusha no Estetica (171)
23 Choyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi (152)
24 Natsuyuki Rendezvous (148)
25 Hakuoki Reimeiroku (145)

Lagrange deserves to be higher.

Jex

Apollon - 11

The
bait and switch
was so ugly and terrible. We've known for quite a while now that every character that's not Kaoru or Sentaro are cheap, disposable things but the events in this episode brought that point home in such an unpleasant fashion.

There are scenes I liked after that little twist but it was difficult for me to care about them. I guess the next episode will have some music or something. I guess I can enjoy that.

omM2Il.jpg

The picture above is a shot from this episode. I don't know why I put that there. Maybe one day I will learn to love again.

I see this episode is drawing mixed reactions! I can see where you people are coming from though. You can make a very compelling argument that this episode had some serious a seriously problematic plot development.

survivor

Banned
Sket Dance 9

Oh wow, I can't believe it, they just topped the previous episode.

I always love it when comedy anime do these episodes and they just continuously mock themselves. Poor Bossun, he is no main character material, but at least he is not forgotten like Akarin. And then we get Himeko hngghhing herself to death, just amazing.

So this manga artist in the Sket Dance anime based on the Sket Dance manga wants to do a manga that is about the Sket Dance club and their adventures and hoping it will get turned into an anime. Damn.

Oh and I think Switch was playing some Saki mahjong in the beginning.

Branduil

Kids on the Slope 11

ibru2hxDU100Gc.jpg

So :firehawk

Ritsuko's dad is one of the best anime dads.
I was expecting something tragic to happen to Sentarou, but I guess they subverted that by having it be his sister instead. Sentarou will obviously come back, they have to pay off all that build-up for the festival that got interrupted in this episode.

A nice penultimate episode, the scene with
Kaoru and Sentarou crying
was pretty great.

Jex

[Dusk Maiden of Amnesia] - 5

I always feel weird when I notice a show pandering to a very specific audience. It just feels so...clinical, as in they know that they have to appeal to this particular set of otaku and so they'll need a scene with, say, a cat girl in it.

It even feels weird in works that are already full of fanservice, like Ano Natsu. It like they have to tick every check box.
It's part of the Shogakukan 90th Anniversary Project, and it's on a prime weekend slot known for 4 cour shows. I'll say the odds are pretty good.

Exciting!

Grzi

I hope so. Starting to get sick of all these incomplete shounen adaptations.

Well the manga is incomplete? That means the only way they can complete the anime adaptation is an original ending, and if we look at Blue Exorcist, I don't know if that's such a great idea.
The best course of action IMO would be if they left it open ended and continued with a new season in a couple of years or so.

Well the manga is incomplete? That means the only way they can complete the anime adaptation is an original ending, and if we look at Blue Exorcist, I don't know if that's such a great idea.
The best course of action IMO would be if they left it open ended and continued with a new season in a couple of years or so.

What I'm getting at is an ongoing 100+ episode show that runs alongside the manga.

Though I do think the Gintama approach is also good. Can help the pacing.

Dresden

The manga already has almost 150 chapters, so they have more than enough material to pad out a few cours. And as the anime airs, the material will build up again...

duckroll

What I'm getting at is an ongoing 100+ episode show that runs alongside the manga.

Though I do think the Gintama approach is also good. Can help the pacing.

There is zero chance of a 100+ episode show on that time slot. I also think that if it gets that long, there will probably be 2-3 people left in this entire thread watching at most. Too long = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. 50 episodes or so with great production values and solid pacing = yes please!

The manga already has almost 150 chapters, so they have more than enough material to pad out a few cours. And as the anime airs, the material will build up again...

Aren't these weekly chapters though. They're like 20 pages or so each right? In terms of good anime pacing, it needs to be 2-3 chapters per episode in that case.

Grzi

Same as Naruto, and they had to resort to filler after 130 episodes (with 6 or 7 filler episodes during those 130).

I thought Bakuman's approached it best, 25 episodes then a break for half the year then 25 more, then it never catches up and never any filler.

This would be great, but they can use 50 episode chunks.

There is zero chance of a 100+ episode show on that time slot. I also think that if it gets that long, there will probably be 2-3 people left in this entire thread watching at most. Too long = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. 50 episodes or so with great production values and solid pacing = yes please!

Why? Is there some rule that states there has to be a rotation every year or something? What if it does extremely well?

And you underestimate the amount of people watching long shows. Just look how many posts we have about Gintama.

I thought Bakuman's approached it best, 25 episodes then a break for half the year then 25 more, then it never catches up and never any filler.

Is Bakuman getting fully adapted though? I mean the manga is over.

duckroll

Why? Is there some rule that states there has to be a rotation every year or something?

It's a prime slot (for anime at least) which sponsors want to use for certain major productions. There is no way one production committee will be able to hog it indefinitely. Every show which runs on that slot has to be finite, with the producers indicating exactly how long it will be beforehand.

It's a prime slot (for anime at least) which sponsors want to use for certain major productions. There is no way one production committee will be able to hog it indefinitely. Every show which runs on that slot has to be finite, with the producers indicating exactly how long it will be beforehand.

Has anything in that slot ever gotten a 2nd season (not counting Brotherhood here)? What about the chance of a timeslot switch after 50ish episodes to make way for whatever new things the sponsors want?

duckroll

Has anything in that slot ever gotten a 2nd season (not counting Brotherhood here)? What about the chance of a timeslot switch after 50ish episodes to make way for whatever new things the sponsors want?

Gundam 00 aired in two 25 episodes seasons, but that was more of a split cour thing. Again it was pre-planned. I dunno if it makes sense to have a time slot change after 4 cours, because that would be like a planned demotion which makes no sense. Why would the TV station want to continue to co-produce the show indefinitely in this way? Usually shows which run on forever air on TV Tokyo and NTV (or their subsidiaries). I can't really think of a single TBS/MBS show which doesn't have a clear conclusion pre-planned when they start production. I don't think that's how their producers like to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom