• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

19 hours left until Fate/Zero ends!

Caster just can't contain his excitement, can you? :D

iZ1pQL2K3kWPu.jpg

Jex

I appreciate that the anime bothered to take the idea and make it into a movie which normal people might actually be able to enjoy. I didn't enjoy either the manga nor the anime, but the anime is definitely better and less sexist/unpleasant.

Well, it would be crazy to argue that the manga is more sexist than the anime, but I would completely disagree that it's "definitely better".
Or it's because the fish, sharks, infected humans and other stuff are genuinely unsettling and grotesque rather than just ugly (and unintentionally funny).
For once I am going to have to gattai with cosmicblizzard here and agree completely with everything he's said.

Jex

Speaking of which, Kondo was recently speaking at an event at Tokushima with other industry guests, and he brought up Anime Bunko as a project which they will not be able to continue with because it is a financial failure. The sales were terrible. But he said that he hopes people who see it and are interested continue to pick it up if they can, and maybe eventually sales will add up. He said that if everyone in that room bought a copy of Minori Scramble, sales would jump up by about 150 instantly, and Aniplex might go "HUH?! WHAT HAPPENED??". Lol. :(

They clearly just need to secure some of that sweet money from the Japanese government that Blood C tapped into.

An alert fan on 2ch has pointed out that the Shounen Sunday editor responsible for Magi is following both Koji Masunari (director) and Yoichi Kato (writer) on twitter. This might not really mean anything, or... it might.

I would be OK with that.

So, does anyone agree with my earlier post about Tsuritama?

Or do you think I am completely wrong?

I may well be full of crap.

I agree with everything you said, especially about the characterization. I feel like I say this a lot, but it's just so well planned. It's refreshing to see, since not just in anime but in television at large it so often feels like the creators of a show are spinning it out without any definite direction in mind.

Go_Ly_Dow

leave duckroll alone

the next 19 or so hours are going to be very emotional period for him and we should all be supporting him through this.

Instro

An alert fan on 2ch has pointed out that the Shounen Sunday editor responsible for Magi is following both Koji Masunari (director) and Yoichi Kato (writer) on twitter. This might not really mean anything, or... it might.

Maybe Mitsuo Iso is working on this under a different name lool.

Jex

All this talk about colour makes me wish I could remember what Jan Scott-Frazier learnt about cell painting and how it produces really powerful colours. I don't want to have to go back and listen to that episode of ANN to find out :(

Jex

Be fair, there are other shows where the characters really pop out of the screen.

angelbeats.jpg
I know that you're making that post in jest but even in that image the characters aren't as delineated from the background as they are in the Tsuritama image above, largely because of the desaturated backgrounds in that Tsuritama image.

Jex

What's that anime where a chick gets run over by a car in episode 1 or 2? I can't recall the name of it, I just remember that she got smooshed and either died or was in a coma for a while after that. I recall it being a romantic type of anime with love interests and stuff, though I don't know if that's the actual side of things it'd fall under. It was fairly dramatic.

You know what's a better anime where a girl gets hit by a car right at the the start of the series? Excel Saga.

It's not quite as romantic though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom