• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plastic Little
bS8Sm.png

A token black guy? In my anime?
This total stranger can't possibly be this busty. I'm not sure what I watched, but it was fun. Something about Pet hunters and gravity belts and ambiguous evil government, I'm not really sure. I'm still trying to understand what the plot was about, but who cares, it looked cool! Oh and the action scenes were good too.
Total Jiggle Count:
UDwmW.png

There should have been more.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Remember that Manga is pretty much an accepted part of pop culture in Japan, while anime is still very much a niche, nerdy thing.
You know, I get the impression that the market is the same size as in America. The difference is that buying one single 24-32 page comic here is the same as buying one of those giant magazine anthologies over there. :p

Articalys

eQYby.jpg

As it twines itself around my body
I turn my back on the moonlight
It’s as if the pile of rubbish is beginning to show
a different expression in the darkness

To someone it is the future (a dream)
To someone it is the past
Having transcended over all time she laughs

Because the moonlight is beautiful tonight too
I continued to drench this body in darkness
Pretending not to notice my damaged heart
there is no line between love and hatred
Like a painting of the moon on a dark night
to this night alone there is no end

As if bewitching me
the shapes of the rubbish dance as they change one by one
But no matter how long I look at it
and no matter how much it accumulates my heart isn’t completely filled

What will one see at the end of loneliness?
What will one see at the end of desire?
I won’t hear anyone’s voice
I won’t even hear her breathe
again

Because the moonlight is too bright tonight too
what lies here is her shadow and my own
A single drop flows down my cheek
in the moment the light shines down on me,
washing away the memories of a day long ago past
Now it heralds the end of this night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7B7R2aE3Lg

Instro

Eureka 7 AO 10

This was a cool episode. Although Ao's reaction to what was happening was rather overstated, otherwise we got some good character interactions and development during the episode. I also found that the politics angle worked well within the show this week. The Pied Piper back story was interesting as well. There was some nice framing for the action sequences this week as well.

Fujiko 12

I liked the backgrounds, and it was animated.

1stStrike

Banned
full moon wo sagashite > all shounen animu though

I really enjoyed FMWS. Had great music, and that beach scene was memorable. I hear it wasn't as dark as the manga, but I thought it was fine the way it was. The ending was left open ended, but it was satisfying enough. Brought a tear to my eye even though I knew how it was going to end.

Uchip

Banned
I really enjoyed FMWO. Had great music, and that beach scene was memorable. I hear it wasn't as dark as the manga, but I thought it was fine the way it was. The ending was left open ended, but it was satisfying enough. Brought a tear to my eye even though I knew how it was going to end.

beach scene? Did we watch the same show?

1stStrike

Banned
mentioning "beach scene" in an anime thread is implying fanservice!
thankfully thats not what it was

Well, there's not really any fan service in FMWS so I figured you'd identify with that. I tend to fail at communicating with other people in that regard, since something that appears clear to me isn't to, well, everyone else :p

I guess I should have said the scene where Takuto sings like a bad ass on the beach

Kagami

Are there a lot of manga published on the internet? Surely there can't be enough magazines.
The list on wikipedia shows around 500 active manga magazines, though a lot of them are bi-monthly or quarterly.
That includes magazines that aren't primarily manga magazines but regularly contain manga. (e.g. the computer games magazine Comptique, where Lucky☆Star started.)

Uchip

Banned
Well, there's not really any fan service in FMWS so I figured you'd identify with that. I tend to fail at communicating with other people in that regard, since something that appears clear to me isn't to, well, everyone else :p

I guess I should have said the scene where Takuto sings like a bad ass on the beach

hes a cat so he was badass before that scene!

Narag

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic 11

Twilight Sparkle tries to participate in Ponyville's annual clean-up of Winter in order to prepare for Spring, but her insistence that she maintain the event's traditions by not using magic creates more problems for the tasks.

I liked that ep. Next ep is pretty good too. It's where [MLP:FIM EP 12 spoilers]
after seeing another pony earn hers, Applejack's sister Apple Bloom becomes concerned that she can't find her hidden talent and get her Cutie Mark before going to a party closed to "blank flanks." However, she encounters two other young ponies with the same problem.

Accel World 11
tumblr_m61op6VS9Z1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Definitely one of the episodes where I wish Viz offered it in HD or 720p, 360 or whatever they use (240 or something?) just doesnt work well for the visual spectacle this episode had. So many good parts and an inspiration speech really made Haru a favorite of this season now.

Taku gets the award for best effort and dedication to friendship. Sacrificing himself for master and Haru. I pray that through someway he didnt lose brain burst or whatever. The anime wasn't really clear on that part, I think.

Black Lotus is way over powered as well as Scarlet Rain. You touch Black Lotus and your hands break, whateven?! lol. Yellow Radio was actually pretty competent there clashing with Black Lotus I enjoyed it

cajunator

Banned
full moon wo sagashite > all shounen animu though

This is true. Damn I loved that series! Vizl icensed it and I started to collect it but they killed it after volume 7 :(
Unforgiveable.

Plastic Little

This total stranger can't possibly be this busty. I'm not sure what I watched, but it was fun. Something about Pet hunters and gravity belts and ambiguous evil government, I'm not really sure. I'm still trying to understand what the plot was about, but who cares, it looked cool! Oh and the action scenes were good too.
Total Jiggle Count:

I knew you'd like it!

I really enjoyed FMWS. Had great music, and that beach scene was memorable. I hear it wasn't as dark as the manga, but I thought it was fine the way it was. The ending was left open ended, but it was satisfying enough. Brought a tear to my eye even though I knew how it was going to end.

The ending is one of my favorites in anime. I feel like it ended absolutely perfectly. PERFECTLY.

Oh shit, I forgot I wasn't supposed to reveal the fact I read TLR outside the manga thread. :(

There's no shame in admitting it. I have TLR and motto TLR on DVD and I will definitely pick up TLR Darkness too. The show is naughty and fun and Lala is adorable. And so are the other aliens ;)

There's no shame in admitting it. I have TLR and motto TLR on DVD and I will definitely pick up TLR Darkness too. The show is naughty and fun and Lala is adorable. And so are the other aliens ;)

I would have picked up the series by now, but the OVAs have yet to been licensed. Going from the first season directly into the second season without watching the OVAs can leave some people wondering why there are a few new characters suddenly out of nowhere. Then again, I guess I should purchase the available series in the hope that my purchase goes towards licensing the OVAs...

jman2050

The TLR Darkness anime will either be the most glorious smut of all time or the most disappointing missed opportunity thing of all time. Nothing in between.

cajunator

Banned
I ought to watch this sometime, just because I like Satoshi Urushihara, generic women and all.

I remember back when it came out, the show had a reputation for "the bath scene" which was a ten minute scene where the characters stripped down and had a bath while a couple perverts watched from a shark tank (imagine getting a nosebleed in a shark tank lol). Back then this was a big deal for us because , hey, bare breasts were practically taboo in cartoons. Plus it had action and cool characters and a bastard of a villain. Plastic Little is just plain fun.

Articalys

Uhp7C.jpg

The shadow reflected as I face the mirror
smiles as it holds yet another mirror

As I fall asleep I am enveloped
by the gentle embrace of illusion

The persona that shines in my dreams dances and beckons
In the deep dense forest of the mirror
I’m guided by an alluring voice

The voice that reverberates like an echo
Now it multiplies into countless others

Knowing that eternity is but a fleeting fantasy
I close my eyes

The persona laughing within my dreams
as if hiding its tears
The towering forest of the mirror
shatters with a great sound

As they are smashed one after another
Which of the faces will remain in the end?

The withered and scattered countless persona
weave fear and expectation
In the ruined forest of the mirror
Let my true voice be released

Let my feelings,
my dreams
resound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGzA9ZZxL08

Narag

I remember back when it came out, the show had a reputation for "the bath scene" which was a ten minute scene where the characters stripped down and had a bath while a couple perverts watched from a shark tank (imagine getting a nosebleed in a shark tank lol). Back then this was a big deal for us because , hey, bare breasts were practically taboo in cartoons. Plus it had action and cool characters and a bastard of a villain. Plastic Little is just plain fun.

All right, you've convinced me.

I was hoping to actually get to see the farewell party at the end. Instead after the credits I get to see a weird white alien whale jump out of the sea, or clouds, or sea clouds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom