• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 III | AITAKATTA YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

18 hours left until Fate/Zero ends!

Lancer seems pretty pumped, are you? :D

iwmf2YT7Mxnk5.jpg

Jex

Is it supposed to be good or something?

Lots of people in this thread report that it's good, but my experience with it so far has been less than satisfactory. I will go as far as to say that it's downright bad in places.

I put it on hold some time ago but I've felt no urge to return to it. The DVD's just sit untouched on my desk, mocking me for having purchased them.

1stStrike

Banned
Lots of people in this thread report that it's good, but my experience with it so far has been less than satisfactory. I will go as far as to say that it's downright bad in places.

I put it on hold some time ago but I've felt no urge to return to it. The DVD's just sit untouched on my desk, mocking me for having purchased them.

It's official. Jexhius doesn't like Noein, which means I probably will.

Articalys

WE434.jpg

Within the black hole
I sit next to a crying figure
and continue to watch its ceaseless tears

For whose sake were those tears shed?

Wrapped in the darkness,
I give myself over to that black warmth
As I am swept along
I can no longer see anything…

Not even my own heart
Fade Into Black

Within the black hole
I felt as if something was born
The tears stopped and I began to run

Was I forgetting that I even had a heart?

The darkness closes in and rages fiercely
Even if my body were to be destroyed
Even if I were to break apart and disappear
I no longer need anything…

I saw it faintly
Spark In The Dark

That faintly warm light is a light I saw long ago
I’m embraced by a nostalgic voice and pleasant memories

I’m fleetingly fading away
I’m fading away …Fade Into Black
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZHr-18oCjY

Jex

Noein is a pretty trippy show. I still don't know if it's good or bad, but the animation gets pretty.... errr... cool.

The action sequences can be really great but at other times, such as when two normal people are having a conversation in a house, it looks rubbish.

survivor

Banned
Sket Dance 10

Oh man, they really nailed the Kimi ni Todoke parody in the beginning of the episode. It was perfect.

Don't get why cheating was treated as such a big deal. Back when I was in high school you were a hero if you got hold of the test or was able to cheat your way through a test.

Sket Dance 11

Cell phone games are such serious business.
That lineup Bossun came up with was perfect, too bad it got ruined. I somehow don't think Momoka will save the day, I wonder who will come to the rescue.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic 11

Twilight Sparkle tries to participate in Ponyville's annual clean-up of Winter in order to prepare for Spring, but her insistence that she maintain the event's traditions by not using magic creates more problems for the tasks.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
19 hours left until Fate/Zero ends!

Caster just can't contain his excitement, can you? :D

iZ1pQL2K3kWPu.jpg

I'm gonna watch it, but I don't even care. I love the visual flare of the show, but the story is so bland and predicable (even without knowing anything about the Fate universe or Fate/SN). Almost every character or encounter has been boring or at the very least at test of patience, with the exception or Kiritsugu shooting stuff, and Kirei being pious piety. Show should have been 12 episodes because none of that other stuff that happened so far even mattered. It sucks because I actually want to like it - but I can't. It's uninteresting... there's like no depth man, it just tries to be deep.

*shoots self in foot in front of AniGaf*

Sankarea 11
Partway through the first half of the episode or so, I kinda wished this was a flashback episode instead of watching the equally creepy maids dress up Rea.
It was decent-ish. I'm more glad things were resolved I guess and
no more creepy father.
Oh, and I forgot Ranko even existed.

1stStrike

Banned
I think I understand some of the comments about the anime looking different/weird/bad in some places. It'll take a little getting used to, but I don't think it's bad so far. Story seems to be off to a good start, though, and overall I do like the visuals. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

P.S.
Yuu's mom is a bitch.

noein1rw8tj.jpg

noein2q9kkm.jpg

noein3w78yk.jpg

noein4kvkjg.jpg

noein5548gt.jpg

I liked Noein, but wow, that has to be the weirdest possible image to choose for it.

I liked the eyes and it was like 20 seconds into the first episode so I just took a pic.

I'm pretty sure the next 19 hours are going to be emotional for anyone who has heavily invested in F/Z.

Personally it's been a bigger blast watching all of those react who have no idea what's going on and with no other knowledge of the series of where it came. Duckroll's posts on his thoughts have been very entertaining.

Noein is a great show, even if you do not understand what is going on with
the whole multiple universes
. Don't forget to watch the hidden bloopers on the five volumes, except for the fourth volume which does not have any bloopers.

BluWacky

I think this image is another good example of what I am talking about. Everyone just stands out so clearly - they really pop.

It's interesting looking at these screencaps because I haven't seen that far in Tsuritama yet and I actually feel something almost "opposite" to your opinion based on what I've seen (only the first couple of episodes).

From the very first trailer the colours have "confused" me slightly in that the backgrounds are painted with what I think of as "character art" colours. It's like I'm expecting the whole thing to move at any given time, like in the excellent OP to Welcome to the NHK.

I agree that everything is very bright, but it also creates a very homogenous style in a slightly negative sense - for my tastes there's not enough contrast, to be honest. It's like the whole show is one big, bright, perky thing - and although that's admirable, I'm not sure it's necessarily my cup of tea. That partly extends to the characters, although having not watched enough of the show I don't think I can assess those fairly.

cajunator

Banned
You know what's a better anime where a girl gets hit by a car right at the the start of the series? Excel Saga.

It's not quite as romantic though.

Excel Saga is exhausting but a lot of fun. Episode 26 is the culmination of it when they said fuck it and just went all out.

Sounds like it's time for a re-watch! I've been thinking of going back and watching Chobits again since I haven't seen that in forever. It's the anime which pretty much started my downward spiral into animu-world

I have enough trouble keeping up with 20+ ongoing anime and 238 ongoing manga as it is! Rewatching stuff isn't for me, at least not for a while.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
84.9%.

If you ignore a lot of other factors, sure.

...That's what manga has taught me, anyway. :)

Femmeworth, I'm exaggerating slightly, of course, but if you browse, say, pixiv, you can find plenty of manga and doujin on there. Since you can essentially "self publish" manga that way, it really is pretty easy to get your creation out there.

I didn't even know more than 400 ongoing mangas existed. Wow.

To be fair, a handful of the ones I'm reading are finished. They just aren't fully available in English in one form or another.

But yes, there are thousands, possibly even tens of thousands. Manga is MUCH bigger than anime in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom